LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:20 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
question of all time
Page 2 of 3 [39 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next

Who is the best PvP character?
Barbarian
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Assassin
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Necromancer
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Amazon
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
Sorceress
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Paladin
62%
 62%  [ 10 ]
Druid
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

Destructoclaus

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l
52.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject:  

As soon as my bowa gets done (with no charms sadly) I'll be happy to duel anyone here, knowing I'll lose, but oh well. At least I'll have a good challenge. Sadly, I won't be able to play till friday (finals week gotta study) and then I can finish my bowa and such. But yea, for the most part, even the llders suck ass. I haven't seen a hdin with more than 1k dmg yet other than mine, the highest fb sorc I've seen is 2.7k, lvl 18 zealots generally don't hit more than 900 dmg, and the bowazons.... don't get me started. "Hey dude, I hit 600 GA dmg!!!!" A whole room went nuts about that.
MortisNostre
LoPF

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject:  

where the hell have you been dueling
Destructoclaus

52.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject:  

Mostly in pub games, so I know even the llders suck there. I don't really arena duel much, but I'd like a challenge. I'm gettin sick of all the 900 dmg non-vigor hdins to face thinkin they're tough. Once my zon is done, I'll probably get decimated because I have about 0 lifers.
MortisNostre
LoPF

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject:  

um well, all of escls top duelers hang out in pubs games, so ill ask again, WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN DUELING?
Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject:  

Somebody should stop posting while hes ahead...

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Destructoclaus

52.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject:  

MortisNostre wrote:
um well, all of escls top duelers hang out in pubs games, so ill ask again, WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN DUELING?

Again, mostly in pubs. I haven't done any llding in a LONG ass time though, so this new bowa is a fresh start honetsly. I'll go into a game every now and then for like 10 mins, but then I just jump back on nl. The only good lvl 30 I know personally is a fb sorc named Maegara. That sorc is very good. I've heard mention of some of the top duelers, but haven't dueled them. Trust me, I don't think of myself big at all, so sorry if it came out that way. I worded my statement not the way I had hoped. I meant to say.

"In my experience with dueling pallies, my old windy usually beat them"
"From what I have seen with a couple other bowas, hopefully, my future one > pallies. "

That's the message I tried to get a across. I was just to lazy to phrase it correctly and it came back to bite me in the ass.

Last edited by Destructoclaus on Tue May 27, 2008 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
MortisNostre
LoPF

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject:  

That sorc is mediocre at best

Anyway, stop saying duelers suck ass when a) you clearly havent dueled a representative sample, and b) you havnt dueled in a long time.

Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject:  

MortisNostre wrote:
Anyway, stop saying duelers suck ass when a) you clearly havent dueled a representative sample, and b) you havnt dueled in a long time.

QFT. You only make your realm sound bad, and I know thats bs because east has some very good duelers.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Destructoclaus

52.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject:  

Sounds like I need to get on and play. Or stop nl hlding for a bit.
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject:  

Destructoclaus wrote:
MortisNostre wrote:

Again, mostly in pubs. I haven't done any llding in a LONG ass time though, so this new bowa is a fresh start honetsly. I'll go into a game every now and then for like 10 mins, but then I just jump back on nl. The only good lvl 30 I know personally is a fb sorc named Maegara. That sorc is very good. I've heard mention of some of the top duelers, but haven't dueled them. Trust me, I don't think of myself big at all, so sorry if it came out that way. I worded my statement not the way I had hoped. I meant to say.

"From what I have seen with a couple other bowas, hopefully, my future one > pallies. "

That's the message I tried to get a across. I was just to lazy to phrase it correctly and it came back to bite me in the ass.

You keep making random statements... meaning you have very little experience dueling LLD yet you make it sound like you are an expert.

The clues lie in the little details... like the fact that you constantly talk about how you "own" the pubbies, but, when pressed on the issue you backtrack and say "well, I haven't dueled in a LONG ASS TIME" or you say something like "well, I haven't dueled anyone good except before I was hacked" .

Windys don't beat hammers unless the windy is awesome and the hammer is a noob! Hammers have 1k+ life and 1k+ mana to match and deal out around 1.5k damage per hammer. a spam-a-hammer will lay a field of dozens of invisible 1.5k hammers. In my experience the chars that give hammers trouble are ranged/casters like bows, bone necros that spam spirit, and trap sins. Even then a decent dueler will win their fair share of duels vs. those three.

IMHO the ONLY WAY to build a decent LLD'er is to duel arena. You will get your ass handed to you (as all of us did when we started...) the first year or so... but, as time goes on and as you learn more and trade more you will move up to the ELITE category. You are only as good as the people you hang around.

I'd suggest being humble and hanging around dudes like Mortis and taking notes on what they say. You'd be surprised what can happen if you are cool and generous to the "Godlies" here. Not sure I want to take the time to explain what I just said... but, good luck and I hope you enjoy the journey as much as I did.

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Destructoclaus

52.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject:  

wfg-dude wrote:
Destructoclaus wrote:
MortisNostre wrote:

You keep making random statements... meaning you have very little experience dueling LLD yet you make it sound like you are an expert.

The clues lie in the little details... like the fact that you constantly talk about how you "own" the pubbies, but, when pressed on the issue you backtrack and say "well, I haven't dueled in a LONG ASS TIME" or you say something like "well, I haven't dueled anyone good except before I was hacked" .

Windys don't beat hammers unless the windy is awesome and the hammer is a noob! Hammers have 1k+ life and 1k+ mana to match and deal out around 1.5k damage per hammer. a spam-a-hammer will lay a field of dozens of invisible 1.5k hammers. In my experience the chars that give hammers trouble are ranged/casters like bows, bone necros that spam spirit, and trap sins. Even then a decent dueler will win their fair share of duels vs. those three.

IMHO the ONLY WAY to build a decent LLD'er is to duel arena. You will get your ass handed to you (as all of us did when we started...) the first year or so... but, as time goes on and as you learn more and trade more you will move up to the ELITE category. You are only as good as the people you hang around.

I'd suggest being humble and hanging around dudes like Mortis and taking notes on what they say. You'd be surprised what can happen if you are cool and generous to the "Godlies" here. Not sure I want to take the time to explain what I just said... but, good luck and I hope you enjoy the journey as much as I did.

You're pretty much dead on, I haven't really had much experience with lvl 30 llders. I only get on with my lvl 18 zealer when I lld, which is why I'm building this new bowa to GET some experiece. But yes it's true, I don't really know any of the lvl 30's that are out there. And come to think of it, I haven't really seen Maegara vs another good llder, but I've seen his gear and he looks like the standard fb sorc with 2.9k dmg, so idk.
kaniff

BNet Acct/Realm: kaniff/USEast
4.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject:  

man, just can't find ultimate lld pvp char! Made bowzon thought rangers rule, but it suck, everyone have max block, just can't hit anybody with GA. Zealer also wasn't the best idea. Just don't know what to make. Thinking of PnB Necro, only they require godly items Sad , or charger, they rock, as i see.
Puddles

BNet Acct/Realm: Mr_Puddles/USEast Non-Ladder
5.38 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject:  

kaniff wrote:
man, just can't find ultimate lld pvp char! Made bowzon thought rangers rule, but it suck, everyone have max block, just can't hit anybody with GA. Zealer also wasn't the best idea. Just don't know what to make. Thinking of PnB Necro, only they require godly items Sad , or charger, they rock, as i see.
Maybe you didn't make them correctly Shocked.
kaniff

BNet Acct/Realm: kaniff/USEast
4.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject:  

Mr_Puddles wrote:
kaniff wrote:
Maybe you didn't make them correctly Shocked.

yeah well, maybe i didn't. Though I did my best, followed the guides on the forums, get all the stuff required, well most of it Razz I dunno, just wanna give it all up. Confused

Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject:  

the best chars in lld are the ones who kill slowly, but are very difficult to kill themselves, including bowzons. yes everyone has max block, but if you play right it should be hard for them to hit you, and eventually they'll die. high frw/rep chars are also good, but lame of course. thats why paladins are usually considered the best lld char. what you should do is make a FUN char, make one dishes out a lot of damage, but can still take a hit. these chars are what make llding fun imo, even if all the lame super high-rep chars beat you.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
Page 2 of 3 [39 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: