LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat Jun 15, 2024 1:49 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
spirit
Page 2 of 3 [38 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Visual Tactics
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: West NL
47.69 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject:  

With Spirit out now, there is less variety of certain usable items. I'm not saying that there aren't any, but that spirit is now the ideal item for some builds now so it gets rid of some of those items that could have been useful.

Exgreenberet

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject:  

B[x] wrote:
On the whole, those starting out think that it's fair whereas those who have been at the game for awhile consider it to be unfair.

That's not the way I see it. I see all "those who have been at the game for awhile" dominating lld games with their suped-up new spirit hdins now.

I'm already tired of seeing lld games full of them. Its becoming just like HL duels when someone brings in their hdin to kill the melee guys that were beating them.

Will the last non-hdin dueler please turn off the lights when you leave the building.

Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject:  

I like spirit in LLD, because (except windy and fissure) there is always a better weapon if you want to use a rare. Sorry but a +2cold/+3blizz fcr orb is better than spirit in my opinion. Dual spirit hammeridans can be evil, but most people that have one don't know how to duel as them. My fissure druid can take Ehhh's life down to about a half before I die, which is pretty nice for a fissure.
T_Maldo

BNet Acct/Realm: USA. Cal
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject:  

Spirit ruin LLD...

Nah, spirit made LLD better.

So a hammerdin can use dual spirits

they get suped up life/mana/fcr/fhd/dmg/res

they get much more damage

and doesn't it make you feel all the much better when you own one in a duel?

i got this one grand scepter, +2 pcombat/+3 hammer magic, spirit is raped

Hammerdins need the spirit to b e able to survive. a caster who cant aim his own missles is a sad one indeed, and only with huge amounts of life/mana/fcr can you even come close to catching up to a fast caster like a sorc or trapper, or even bowzon. My 30 trapper has a tough time against dual spirit hammerdin but i never lost to one when i was focused, so who cares? spirit's not the coup de grace', its just icing on the cake, just get better stuff (cause thats what its all about) and you can beat a hammerdin easy.
breakbeatz2
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject:  

Your scepter - +3 hammer

Spirit:
+2 conc
35 fcr
55 fhr
~100 mana
66 life
MDR

I'll take the spirit any day.
SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject:  

Yeah, the only weapon I've seem that is better than spirit for a hammerdin, and only in selective circumstances, is Dely's +3 Hammer/2 Conc Honor scepter for the 10 rep life, higher damage, and damage on the weapon (for charging purposes).

Props to Mark Owens for the sig. My firstborn baby squirrel will be sacrificed in your honor. Wink
sPiN
The tool formerly known as Tool

BNet Acct/Realm: Quit D2.
22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject:  

T_Maldo wrote:
Spirit ruin LLD...
Hammerdins need the spirit to b e able to survive. a caster who cant aim his own missles is a sad one indeed, and only with huge amounts of life/mana/fcr can you even come close to catching up to a fast caster like a sorc

i'm quite good at aiming, but if a hdin knows how to duel, he will desynch and if they are smart, they won't go where you expect them to, you try hitting a desynch hdin. i have trouble with them, and i can beat them, but it doesn't make me feel like a great llder because i killed an overpowered character, makes me feel sad, quote "spirit in LLD is like greif in HLD" unquote.

Meegz ?

BNet Acct/Realm: *meegz @ east ladder
39.74 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject:  

Serenity wrote:
"spirit in LLD is like greif in HLD".

i agree but only in the case of spirit/spirit hammerdins. same way with grief- only on smiters is it overpowered.

the worst thing that has happened to d2 is enigma. i had 4 friends quit when 1.10 came out. why? enigma.

there were smiters before grief came out, but only the people who spent 200+ sojs on a single character had them. b tals, asterons, eth lacerator...anyone remember when those were the most expensive things you could buy...because smiters were the ones using them?

what character when played correctly was the hardest to kill in lld before spirit? hammerdins. why? they desynch. and before spirit they were using the godly rares mentioned above...2 pal 10 fcr 3 hammer 2 conc....2 combat 3 hammer 2 conc...

see? the only thing that has changed is the total number of chars *you* are getting whipped by. no offense to anyone when i say that, thats just what caused this topic to be made right? you have been been beaten by 30 times more hammerdins that you used to because they are so cheap to make now, right?

you were losing to the good ones before, and the ones that you are losing to now just couldnt afford the stuff to make it viable for them to make one that 'might' have been able to beat you. they finally got a break when it came to this lld thing, and now because you lose you are upset. i hate smiters in hld. so i made a barb to pk them. 90% of smiters cant get me to half life when i use 14% damage reduction against them...

find a char that beats hammerdins 99% of the time in an even skilled duel and make it. simple as that, dont complain because your old chars cant do it.

enigma=the worst thing to happen to d2, not grief OR spirit

Napalm loves the little children of the world.
Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject:  

people need to stop saying enigma ruined d2... can you imagine dueling sorcs in 1.10+ WITHOUT enigma? nothing would stand a chance... 90% of stuff already dosnt stand a chance vs a skilled sorc even WITH enigma.. and spirit is weak... its only good for one char.. a hammerdin.. and there are weapons to bat it for hammerdin too. a sorc and necro using a spirit, is a very lacking sorc or necro, gearwise. grief isnt bad either... before grief, a godly smiter or v/t didnt stand a huge chance against a good caster. now they do, and they still dont own by any means, not any more than any other good caster can. and grief on barbs didnt change too much either. anything a barb can own with grief, it could own with botd, for the mostt part. i don't see any chars dominating just because grief , enigma, or spirit came about. dely's hammerdin was 95% as good as it is now before spirit even came out!
Elusive

BNet Acct/Realm: *elusive-
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject:  

bel is right.

nec would use +2 pnb/20 fcr/+3 spirit wand
sorc would use +2 skill tab/20 fcr/+3 skill (fb/blizz/light)/mastery orb
Meegz ?

BNet Acct/Realm: *meegz @ east ladder
39.74 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject:  

Belarathon wrote:
people need to stop saying enigma ruined d2...

i had 4 of my very good friends, people i went to school with and knew for years, quit when 1.10 came out and the determining factors in that was enigma. not any other thing, not synergies, nothing. people had chars the beat sorc's w/o enigma before. these people were not new to the game, they had played classic, and made all the currency they ever wanted to. multiple soj mule accounts expired when they quit, along with characters full of grim spurs, fletch's, 08 gazes, etc... all permed. all that got just tossed away because of one runeword. somehow, i think it ruined the game for them, wouldnt you say?

Napalm loves the little children of the world.
Tric

BNet Acct/Realm: xxx_tric_xxx
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject:  

all the new runewords ruined diablo2.

synergies ruined dueling

.09 > .11

ladder is stupid

although i do not think spirit ruined lld, it did take away people finding their own godly gear. people said the same thing about vamp gaze and shaftstop when the expansion came out.
Tric

BNet Acct/Realm: xxx_tric_xxx
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject:  

breakbeatz2 wrote:
Anything that narrows the gap between the rich and the poor is going to hurt LLD. IMO Spirit and Peace both hurt LLD quite a bit.

diablo2 is an old game. you should be more interested in seeing new people to LLD with. i know it sucks because alot of your hardwork went to nothing.

IRT Belarathon
what do those runewords do to melee? smiters, casters etc own melee into the ground.
Exgreenberet

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject:  

tric-isHUGE wrote:
diablo2 is an old game. you should be more interested in seeing new people to LLD with.

I agree with you. It would be nice to find more people to duel with. I just made a friend about a month ago that was struggling with his low duelers. He seems pretty cool so I helped him build a zealot - rushed him, showed him point placement, gave him the basic gear, gave him a few tips - and pointed him to this forum to learn more.

But many LLDers run people off rather than welcome them into LLD.

I saw another example of this just last night. I entered a game - one of those common LLD game names. There were 3 LLDers from this forum in it, along with a couple new people - probably new to low lev dueling.

A couple of the LLDers bmed, and insulted the new ones so bad that they finally left. After the newer guys left one of the LLDers made a joke and said something like "well, theres a couple guys we probably just chased away from LLD."

So I don't think all LLDers want to see more people join. Some have egos so big that theres no room for anyone else to fit.

Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject:  

1-2 years from now, lld will just be another hld... watch...

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Page 2 of 3 [38 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: