LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri May 10, 2024 5:02 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Best overall LLD build?
Page 3 of 7 [105 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Spazz
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
0.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject:  

How about you both make your best LLD's on open on one of the servers and have one person from your server who is neutral vouch for you to assure no gear is buffed up from what your real LLD's is, then duel eachother.. sounds like a solution.

My money is on HFCX though, but then again I am bias.

Account: -=-Spazz-=-
Realm: USEast
Characters:
Carousel - 57 Trap Assassin MLD

Ehhh

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject:  

If I used blessed aim as a synergy instead of vigor, I would have had about 10-20 more pvp damage and no regen from my meditation switch. Really not a big improvement on damage and a loss of regen. Using vigor means I have 8-10 life/2 sec (equivalent to ~40-50 replenish life) while using meditation or cleansing and quite a bit more mobility whether charging, walking or running. But no one should listen to me anyways, less competition that way Wink

It would be pretty nice if you could get me some gear on east. Of course, it probably won't be up to the standards of my west paladin but I guess it'll do. One part will be hard to find and is sort of a big part in my tactics though, and that is my FoH/Conviction/Meditation scepter.

EDIT: Ah open bnet, I thought you meant TCP/IP. Totally forgot about open bnet. Well alright who should I pm my exact stats/gear to?
Hellfireclanx

11.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject:  

oh ><
well I just equipped a level 89 mule with gear so it has about the same life/mana 1400 damage insight on switch and 86 fhr

we can do open if you'd rather do that, pm me everything you need

SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject:  

Actually I think the GA/poison zon is pretty much the ideal hammerdin killer, or pretty close along with a pure bowzon. All you have to do is build a barricade of poison around you and shoot GA, and if the hammerdin tries to escape, just namelock GA him, and if he tries to attack you, well, he's poisoned and you can just play defensively until his life is zero. I even dueled one guy who used antidote pots vs me and I still killed him good using her, it was pretty funny! Poor, poor hammerdins. Sad

Props to Mark Owens for the sig. My firstborn baby squirrel will be sacrificed in your honor. Wink
Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject:  

if a hammerdin knows how to duel it can be a challenge to anyone but if the trapper knows how to duel the hammerdin can;t beat it ... hammerdni is one of the top lld builds but it can;t beat a smart trapper, nothing can beat everything. also a super bonewalling nec can beat it too, but you have to have a really large amount of mana, it can go 50-50 or more with a sorc and should beat any other type of lld, could have trouble with great frw bowzons though
Ehhh

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject:  

Ok sent you my build.

I've never seen a poison/ga lv30 zon, but I don't think the poison is a big deal at that level. I could probably switch on cleansing and tank if the poison becomes a problem. If the zon runs, desync charge and hammer in front of her.

Lv30 trappers barely even hurt me. With my switch, I can FoH them and dodge their traps until they die. If they have too much replenish life it's basically a stalemate. I could also get my charge switch and charge/smite/foh them, but that's outside of lld101 rules. That usually does them in though.

Paladins charge faster than a bowzon could ever run. I've never dueled any good lv30 bowzons though, so I dunno. I don't imagine it's an easy duel for either, but I'd lean towards the hammerdin. The bowzon works like a bone nec without bonewall, resistable/blockable damage that is less consistent although faster traveling, less resists in most cases (I have FoH) and dodge. If anyone has one on west I'd love to duel it. Don't see any in pubs though.

Bonewalling isn't a big problem like I've already mentioned. Bone Prisoning can get annoying, but sometimes the paladin is too desynced to be caught in it. For BMing, I'd say a nec is better than a hammerdin, but for general decent mannered dueling I'd have to go with hammerdin.
Spazz
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
0.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject:  

Ehhh wrote:
Ok sent you my build.

I've never seen a poison/ga lv30 zon, but I don't think the poison is a big deal at that level. I could probably switch on cleansing and tank if the poison becomes a problem. If the zon runs, desync charge and hammer in front of her.

Lv30 trappers barely even hurt me. With my switch, I can FoH them and dodge their traps until they die. If they have too much replenish life it's basically a stalemate. I could also get my charge switch and charge/smite/foh them, but that's outside of lld101 rules. That usually does them in though.

Paladins charge faster than a bowzon could ever run. I've never dueled any good lv30 bowzons though, so I dunno. I don't imagine it's an easy duel for either, but I'd lean towards the hammerdin. The bowzon works like a bone nec without bonewall, resistable/blockable damage that is less consistent although faster traveling, less resists in most cases (I have FoH) and dodge. If anyone has one on west I'd love to duel it. Don't see any in pubs though.

Bonewalling isn't a big problem like I've already mentioned. Bone Prisoning can get annoying, but sometimes the paladin is too desynced to be caught in it. For BMing, I'd say a nec is better than a hammerdin, but for general decent mannered dueling I'd have to go with hammerdin.

West dueling must be pretty sad and boring.. If those lame little tactics mean the difference between a win and a loss you must be fighting some sucky LLD's.

Account: -=-Spazz-=-
Realm: USEast
Characters:
Carousel - 57 Trap Assassin MLD

SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject:  

Only a stupid dueler would run in any single predictable direction for long, so it's not as simple as just hammering in front of them. Cleansing could indeed reduce the poison length, but you can't exactly play defensively against her as a bowzon, and you can't play offensively against her since she'll just poison you over and over in quick succession, along with the arrows, which would take down your life quicker than you'd like.

If a level 30 trapper barely hurts you, then you haven't dueled a good one, which is understandable since good trapper claws, which are necessary to building a good trapper, are terrifically difficult to find - as far as I know, only four good ones exist on USEast NL, and HF's trapper has two of them and I have the third. FoH isn't very effective against a good trapper because it's a slow attack against around 35-40% claw block. Perhaps even worse, you'll find yourself outranged by an attack coming at you from many angles with twice the range and many times the damage. If you have a very good charge switch, like a 3k+ damage weapon while still maintaining max resist, you might be able to beat her with repetitive hit and rep runs if you're careful enough. And I'm sure most of USEast will forgive you if you duel a little outside of lld101 rules, as we generally don't follow it, even in priv LLD games, to begin with.

As for the our disagreement on the hammerdin/necro matchup, I think you'd have to duel against Bel while he's using a necro, as I simply can't explain it too well because I don't know how he does it!

Enough discussion though! I just wanna see it happen on open, hopefully I can get my CD Key back, as it was just jacked somehow over Thanksgiving weekend in the four days that I didn't use it. Sad What's strange about it is that I haven't told anyone else my CD Key or have used any hacks/bots/third party programs! Oh well, if I don't get to see it, be sure to tell me how the duels go, and that'll be good enough. Smile

Props to Mark Owens for the sig. My firstborn baby squirrel will be sacrificed in your honor. Wink
Hellfireclanx

11.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject:  

alright i'm pretty sure all you need is the .d2s file

they are hosted at
http://www.angelfire.com/rnb/hellfireclanx/cold.d2s
http://www.angelfire.com/rnb/hellfireclanx/fsd.d2s
http://www.angelfire.com/rnb/hellfireclanx/ddddd.d2s

fsd is your hammerdin
cold is my trapper
ddddd is my hammerdin
damage/life/fhr/fcr/liferep/mdr should be exact
I didn't go making each individual item, would take too much work

also i just gave everything over 1000 mana. if we were doing it on closed i could just xfer 15/70s to my llds and get 1k+ easily anyway

copy these files into your d2 directory where the single player saves go,
tell me if it works!

Ehhh

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject:  

Haha. Yes west dueling must suck because desync is a crappy tactic that is way too predictable...Good input Spazz, anything else you'd like to say? Let's try to keep it somewhat intelligent here, thanks.

Lv30 trappers require ridiculous claws to have decent damage. When I say the ones I've dueled do no damage, I mean they do rather negligible damage like 15 damage a hit. I also stay out of their trap range anyways, so it's not like they hit me much. You can't dodge FoH though. Takes a while but FoH can scare them out of their traps. Like I said, it's not that easy and it'll probably just be a stalemate. Also keep in mind traps aren't hard to dodge, but FoH cannot be dodged (I guess you'll block some as long as you don't move though...). Any long range character can take out a trapper. Hammerdins are just overall very effective. Hammerdins can take on just about every lld build out there. Something that only necromancers can rival. I'd say Hammerdins and Necros are both extremely effective builds that can take just about anything. I can beat necros with my hammerdin though, so I favor hammerdins.

Desync doesn't mean I'm only chasing in one direction, btw. That is one of the worst arguments I have seen yet. I'm not that stupid. Of course people don't run in a single direction. I set traps. They don't know where to run and it so happens they will run into my invisible hammerfields more often than I'll run into their perfectly visible attacks.

Oh and I'm not hellrushed, I know a lot of you easties are. If I were hellrushed I'd have a bit more life and damage. That could make a bit of a difference, because as I remember, my duels with Knarl were all very close (I won 5-2 though). I don't mana pot either.

EDIT: Hm well I'd prefer no 15/70's as they don't exist on west. Part of my advantage was the ability to regen mana quickly. I guess it'll have to do though. I never said I could beat trappers easily either, and that's the one you choose heh. Was expecting a nec but ok. So there's like one build that is difficult, how does this mean hammerdins are severely limited overall?
Hellfireclanx

11.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject:  

i was too lazy to go for exact mana

oh one thing i did forget was + magic absorb on spirit, but it doesn't make a difference hammer vs trap and h v h we'd both have it and I don't think it would make a big diffference there either

if you want me to put it in though I can, just give me a few mins to change it

Hellfireclanx

11.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject:  

I can make bel's old nec and have you duel it, he had the best lld nec on east and hes the best on it Very Happy

let me just wait for bel to tell me the stats, I don't remember them exactly

Ehhh

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject:  

Hrm, you forgot my shield on my switch...that would kind of help...

EDIT: Well looks like we can't duel. I think Open bnet also requires a direct connection to the host computer. Like I said, college network, lots of firewalls. Quite a shame cuz I would like to show you guys how a real hammerdin works.

Last edited by Ehhh on Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hellfireclanx

11.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject:  

oh well...
the only other option is you can use a level 89 hammerdin with 1.4k hammer with vigor same fhr same fcr ~same life and mana in the 800s insight on switch

it would just mean you have to use vigor always and you might have to mana pot ><

if you are up for that get back on east on closed and i'll whisper you

Ehhh

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject:  

Um...I guess I could try that. Lacks my FoH stick but ok I'll give it a shot.
Page 3 of 7 [105 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: