LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 11:27 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Shopping Question
Page 1 of 4 [54 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Wes2000

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast Ladder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject:  Shopping Question  

I usually dont shop much, but right now im looking for a Monks Barbed Shield of Deflecting, is there a "best" place to shop this? Does your char lvl matter?

Thanks for the help Smile
ICQ Number 
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject:  

shop at drognan (act 2), in either hell or nm. mostly because you can spawn the door beside him and it makes shopping a LOT faster. i personally use a high level trappsin with nice BOS and frw so i can shop even faster.

i beleive character level has something to do with it, but im not sure what, so i wont spread rumors about what i dont know.

MysticFalcon182

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject:  

What door?

And as long as the character is high enough to make the NPCs have items.

GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject:  

clvl does to an extent of the qlvls of item in NPC's.
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject:  

the ilvls are set to clvl +5

if u dont meet the Qlvl of barbed shield.. u dont get to see barbed shield. (its 42 BTW)

there are serious caps in normal in each act.. but ofcourse your not shopping there...

now please.. use this calc to check the alvls...

www.diabloii.nu/affixcalc

choose ="barbed shield" for the item (u can type "B" to scroll through items that start with "b")

choose cube recipe = "NONE (MONSTER DROP MAGICAL)"
(this setting just makes it easy so we can enter in the ilvl manually wich is your clvl +5)

then for "input ilvl" type in.... like.. 75 (yes enter 75)... this would mean your shopping with a lvl 70 character..

hit "show possible affixs"

take a look at whats availible...

now u tell me... what Alvl is Monks? (follow the column.. to the right to check the affixs lvl)

hit "back" on your browser and enter a slightly lower number then 75 (enter in 60) now hit "show possible affix" again

(if u lost your settings when u hit back remeber to put it on "barbed shield" again, for cube recipe use "none (monster drop magical)" and "input ilvl"= 60 this time)

now check the tiny table at the top to see what "alvl"* its spawning with this time. notice its alvl 39 wich is alot lower then before and we are getting less affixs possibly spawning

*u want to get the alvl to = the one required to get MONKS.. that will keep other mods from having the chance to spawn (that u might not want)

once u get the alvl to = the lvl of the Monks affix,, u have hit the lowest possible area to get monks... take the ilvl and subtract 5 from it..

thats the level of the charcter u must shop with in order to start to see "Monks" on Barbed shields***

dont worry "deflecting" is a low level mod.. if u can get "monks" u can get deflecting..

click a little check on the preffix "MOnks" and the suffix " of deflecting" to see the top part list the odds for that particular item to spawn. (its like up in the 1/2000 chances Shocked yep thats to be expected )

***keep in mind the shops checks to "upgrade" the spiked shield to barbed shield based on your Clvl.. so even though u might want to limit the alvl with some lvl 60-70 character.. u get to see the most barbed shields when using a clvl 99.

EDIT ##this is very impotant to note: u will get more barbed shield with a clvl 99 shopping, infact the odds for getting the barbed are so much better it makes shopping with a 99 better,, however i wanted to leave the information about "sweet spots" to help for normal items.. remeber when looking for exceptional or elites, no matter the mod u want, u should probably use a lvl 99##

drognan in act 2 NM or hell and anya NM, or hell would both be good places.. wich ever can get the most spiked shields in its inventory
(with a character lvl 51 i would recomend)

Last edited by Jerkazoid on Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject:  

Wait a minute. You're telling me there's an optimal level to shop for a noxious wand of the magus?????????

And I've been using my lvl 91-92 pally this WHOLE TIME???? No wonder I hardly ever see the noxious prefix spawn.

Blast and a half. Jerkazoid, when you have some spare time, could you figure out the optimal level (or close to it) to shop for a noxious bone or grim wand preferably of the magus with +spear and/or spirit (though I doubt +skills have much to do with the clvl, do they?)

I just hate figuring out those tables and optimal stuff like that. I'd appreciate it if you can.

Knarl
You're Doomed

1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject:  

I was messing around with it, and I think I figured it out to be that the lowest ilvl has to be 39 (noxious is alvl 40), so I would need a char to be lvl 34 to have the most optimal chances? Is that right?

Man, this is really interesting.

If I am doing this right, at lvl 34, I'd have a 2.023% chance of getting a noxious spawn, and a 9.68% chance of getting a magus spawn.

At lvl 92, I have a 1.244% chance of a noxious and a 5.141% chance of getting magus. I've been wasting so much time. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Knarl on Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Knarl
You're Doomed

1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject:  

Check my post I edited above. I was getting those results for a grim wand. Am I doing the right thing? Because I don't want to go thru and do it for all the possible choices and find out I'm doing it wrong.

And in NM, most wands that spawn from drognan are yew, petrified, and bone.

And yes it's rare. But I've shopped probably 15-20 noxious of the magus in my time so far, 1 of which had +1 to bone spirit. Those were mainly done with my lvl 91-92 pally in nm and hell. So with the knowledge that I have a better chance, I'd be willing to spend more time doing it.

You deleted your post. Embarassed

Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject:  

yep im online too and editting a lil

in act 2 (NM) drogan sells BONE wands up the wazoo this is good..
bc bone wands can get 2 sockets as well Smile and they should be the most common bc they are normal level

(u must be in nm or hell BTW)

ah yes... the bone wand has a Magic_lvl of 1...

so ilvl 39 wich WOULD be alvl 39 actaully gets u alvl 40 ....wich is the minimum for Noxious

so shopping with a lvl 34 would be best chances for Noxious bone wand of magnus

for the other type.. grim? its the same clvl 34 would be ideal.. HOWEVER
i do NOT understand how the game pick +skills exactly.. it has to do with the ilvl.. i thinki know that when an item has ilvl 24+ it gets ONLY tier 18 - 30 skills.. and its chances for 1 or 2 or 3 skills is different.. higher ilvl means better odds for 3 skills.. and higher ilvl means better chance for the skills to get +3 on it

Last edited by Jerkazoid on Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Knarl
You're Doomed

1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject:  

And I put it thru the calc with petrified and yew wands and it seems to get the same results. Is there a difference between shopping in NM and hell results-wise?

Petrified and Yew wands spawn in nm drognan along with bone wands. Yews I don't really want because they only get 1 socket. Petrified are ok, but they are ugly (just a long stick, bleh).

Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject:  

i would say stick with running in and out of act 2 in nm or hell (makes no diff) with a clvl 34 to get the most +2 20% bone wands possible..

grims are just as good but yews i think ud be disapointed with bc of only 1 sock....

OHH petrifed are qlvl 38 so lvl 39 JUST gets them WHEW>>>
yep clvl 34 will find petrifieds occosioanly.. but VERY RARE as the game decided to give u Exceptionals based on clvl and clvl 34 is very low odds for exceptionals

yeah 1/2000 chacnes to shop for +2 20% wand at alvl 40 its a tough find...

yeah knarl its like 1/6000 if u use a lvl 71+ !!

Last edited by Jerkazoid on Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Knarl
You're Doomed

1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject:  

Jerkazoid wrote:
for the other type.. grim? its the same clvl 34 would be ideal.. HOWEVER
i do NOT understand how the game pick +skills exactly.. it has to do with the ilvl.. i thinki know that when an item has ilvl 24+ it gets ONLY tier 18 - 30 skills.. and its chances for 1 or 2 or 3 skills is different.. higher ilvl means better odds for 3 skills.. and higher ilvl means better chance for the skills to get +3 on it

So...at lvl 34 I would have a better chance of getting a noxious of the magus, but not necessarily with a good amount of +skills?

Jerkazoid wrote:
OHH petrifed are qlvl 38 so lvl 39 JUST gets them WHEW>>>
yep clvl 34 will find petrifieds occosioanly.. but VERY RARE as the game decided to give u Exceptionals based on clvl and clvl 34 is very low odds for exceptionals

Right, so I'd basically either hit or miss with a bone wand or a yew wand. 2 sockets or 1. Confused Big difference.

Jerkazoid wrote:
yeah 1/2000 chacnes to shop for +2 20% wand at alvl 40 its a tough find...

yeah knarl its like 1/6000 if u use a lvl 71+ !!

1/6000!??!??!?! And I shopped AT LEAST 15 of them, probably more. Geez, my paladin's legs must be very tired. Rolling Eyes

Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject:  

Knarl wrote:

So...at lvl 34 I would have a better chance of getting a noxious of the magus, but not necessarily with a good amount of +skills?

exactly.. i dont really know about how the game selects +skills.. but i know that the humber of them is odds based on clvl, adn the amount of + u get is based on clvl (this is why getting +3 dragon talon claws is impossible!! statistically)

Knarl wrote:

Right, so I'd basically either hit or miss with a bone wand or a yew wand. 2 sockets or 1. Confused Big difference

yeah.. 1/2000 with clvl 34 should be +2/20% but if the game give way more bonewands (wich it seemed to for me when i just checked in NM) then most liekly it will be bonewand :thumbs up:

15 of em? wo.. well when i just checked .. look like drognan showed me about 12 bone wands to me.. this is awsome compared to how many gothic shields anya shows me!

so figure 2000/12 = 166 trips

You deleted your post. Embarassed

i do this VERY often guys.

i noticed u were online.. i posted fast to let u know i would look into it,, but it was an unecassry post imo.. i acutally try my best to NOT post if possible.. ps i just did that again right now bc i decided not to make this a seperate post

Last edited by Jerkazoid on Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Knarl
You're Doomed

1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject:  

Jerkazoid wrote:
Knarl wrote:

exactly.. i dont really know about how the game selects +skills.. but i know that the humber of them is odds based on clvl, adn the amount of + u get is based on clvl (this is why getting +3 dragon talon claws is impossible!! statistically)
so figure 2000/12 = 166 trips

Well, I will definitely do this. I think I have a lvl 34 asn too that I used for gambling, so that should be convenient...I hope she's in NM...

166 trips. Well, looks like I'll be giving my CD player a workout tonight. Rolling Eyes

Jerkazoid wrote:
ps i just did that again right now bc i decided not to make this a seperate post

That's why I did so many quotes in that one post...I didn't want to clutter up this thread too much and make it like the kicker essay. Wink

But thanks a lot for your help. How would you like a tag under your name, maybe "The Helpful One" or something?

VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject:  

i still say "the brain" and vudoo or voodoo, whoever it is, can be "pinky"

Page 1 of 4 [54 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: