LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun May 05, 2024 8:51 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Kickers
Page 3 of 13 [182 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 11, 12, 13 Next
VoodooCamel

BNet Acct/Realm: Gettin' Owned USEast Style
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject:  

The only reason kickers cannot really be as l33t as possible is the lack of + max damage from jewels etc.. Trust me, if they got the damage from the jewels that skill would be so overpowered and overused it would be the next ww. This build is more for fun then anything, I enjoy playing a kicker and surprising the hell outta people in lld games... also I have only really been completely outmatched by a lvl 29 smiter... I have kicked (hah beat that pun Laughing) the snot out of alot of duelers with my lvl 25 and she has mostly crappy stuff and jewels... in fact the only thing that can really hold a candle are pallas with holyshield because of their 2 frame blocking...
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject:  

if im not mistaken upgraded goblin toes are lvl 30. not as much dmg as war boots...but u get the crushing..

hmm ..as if that that fixes anything..

But
im quite surprised to hear a lvl 31 kicker would not be good enough.

whitsans
ik gloves
ik boots
ik belt
spirit shroud
rock stopper

i think i could easily hit 10,000 AR
def: about 1000
-10% dr
75% blocking easy.
hits max speed easy. (4 kicks)
a good 350-800 dmg each kick (4 kicks)
plenty of Anti block-lock FBR (at 3 frame)
only needs 31% more fhr for 4 frames (three 5%sc and two 8%lc)
about 800 life

whats not to love guys? geez i think i wanna make this too... for fun

Kardinaal

Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject:  

Anyone of those "kickers are no good" -- "I've never seen a kicker" guys on europe perhaps? I'll show you my 25 (custom build). Don't know if she qualifies in your low level duel rules, since she is NM rushed. I've got max resists (exept poison), more damage than any of you (exept that open wounds build that was described earlier - that barely tops it...) and a little over 1000 life.

She's on europe hardcore and used to duel casters and trapsins in the +30 range. I also dueled one or two chargers with her, but that's risky (if I miss my DF in, I'm toast).

I don't think dueling zealots would be a real problem with a kicksin. Your attack is faster, your range is better (unless you've got viable twohanded zealots on the other side of the atlantic Wink ), and you get the benefit of a much more customisable gear choice.

I'm also planning a 36, which I'm willing to share, because that one is more general and not so hard to figure out...

weapons:

Strenght runeword claw as primary
Malice or strenght as secondary (need to figure out what does the most damage in game, since I don't know what of these mods are transferred from secondary claw)

On one of my claws is +1 Dragon Flight, so I don't need to waste 3 skill points for it.

On switch would be claws for buffing my fade.

Armour:

Guillaumes face with perf amethyst (the one that adds strenght)
IK gloves and boots
deaths belt
artisans armour of life with perf amethysts
Mohim oak curio
sweet life crafted ring and a rare ring or SoJ (still doubting)
Charms would be all lifers, and some for hit recovery (for fighting melee chars).

Skills:

18 Dragon Talon
1 Claw mastery
1 BoS
15 Weapon Block
5 Fade

I hope this build is interesting to some of you, because it contains quit a few elements to make a level 27 shine Very Happy
Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject:  

the second claw will not Xfer anything attack based.. no chance to cast, nothing to do with AR (or eth rune) no crushing, or open wounds..

the only thing u will get is basicly your +skills +stats (any resistance) from the Non dominant claw.

the 27 is dual claw "strength"? (thought about it, but the lack of FBR...)
mahim-oak (i havent even found an Eye yet Sad )
i would assume u use same 4sock armor rather then twitch.

Vudoo35

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject:  

Anyone of those "kickers are no good" -- "I've never seen a kicker" guys on europe perhaps? I'll show you my 25 (custom build). Don't know if she qualifies in your low level duel rules, since she is NM rushed. I've got max resists (exept poison), more damage than any of you (exept that open wounds build that was described earlier - that barely tops it...) and a little over 1000 life.

so your saying your lvl 25 custom build kicker, has more then 1k life, over 800 dmg, 7/2 kicks, and max resist?

nightmare rush...pff. all u get xtra in nm is 4 xtra skill points, 5 stats points, and 20 life.

lol plz. dont kid me. u better just dl the dmg cal and show me where u get all your str from besides the 20 str from claw. And 20 on the other claw.

And voodoo, iam not trying to make it leet. I just want a fighting chance. If asn were to get bonus from max dmg jewls then hell, i would say cap it at lev 27 or 25. But THEY DONT. How can u even compare it with ww barbs???I dont see you pumping str for those pala's for the str bonus on wepons. The Asn kicker has to do that.

gotta stop dueling nubs in pubbies voodoo with that. Go duel vs knarl's zeal/charger. Just for FUN.

Even at lvl 31, I believe that kicker still can't win any serious melee LLD. What about lvl 35, lvl 40 kicker? What about a WW barb, a Fury Druid then? I say let's forget about LLD kicker build, and keep the LLD tight at lvl 30. If you really like kicker, make it a middle lvl dueler, lvl 42 or so. As for me, I am going to up my kicker to lvl 31 and give it a try, what a big deal...

O thats just funny. Since they suck so much at lev 31 or 30, why not. isnt this suppose to be ballance hence for the lev cap?

Go ahead and duel melee vs caster. ( kicker vs wind ruid? lol plz. kicker vs nec? lmao. joke ) Real ballance. I guess every other builds are for fun and casters are for the "real" dulers.

"I didn't Play to Loose"

"Challenge Everything"
Kardinaal

Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:12 am    Post subject:  

Custom build as in never seen it done, described or encountered anyone else in game who has one. Secret, if you understand better Rolling Eyes. I came up with this build some time ago after reading some very nice test results and helping out with further testing. The other people involved were purely PvM players and didn't really see the advantage the stuff gives in PvP.

I was already making a kicker with %damage armour before the word got out, and I'm shure some time soon the word will get out on this either. At least I see more and more people interested in this.

And where o where did I say I do 800 damage? please point me to it. I said only that build with the open wounds setup got more damage.

Type 1: w/ open wounds + crush blow

Life build: 1066 life/ 448 dmg
dmg build: 853 life/ 578 dmg

My max damage is around 560, which I think sin't * that * bad. Also, I've got some pretty nice charms in her inventory.

If I see the word gets out, I'll post the build.

And no Knarl, I don't have two strenght claws on my 25. I'm thinking of using 2 on my 36. I just wanted to check if the second claw would do something other than adding strength. AFAIK, I've never seen test results for crushing or open wounds from off-hand claw.
ophio

BNet Acct/Realm: UsWest,Van City
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject:  

I don't want to go against the grain and all with the rules on character lvls... but I've noticed that the rules do, seem to lean in favor of the casters. I under stand that for a caster it makes a huge difrence to go from lvl 29 to 30... so if caster get that one little lvl, that makes such a significant difrence... why not give melee 2 lvls so that they have a fighting chance... what is it at lvl 29 that makes zons, pallys, barbs and assasins way to strong?? Is it Sheals? Is it sojs?
In all honesty, the only build i can see, that benifits the most form lvl 29, is the smiter, who can take full advantage of a 6 sheal weapon...
Actually, to be honest, smiting shouldnt be allowed against other melee, unless its another smiter... and Im not saying this cause i hate smiters... Im saying it cause ive made a 29 smiter, that only ever lost to other smiters, range, and lvl 50+ melee... (ok getting off topic, I forgot how easy it is to cancel out low lvl smite... Rolling Eyes )
Seriously though, when was the last time any one lost to a lvl 29 zon?? I feel bad for them... give them a boost! I say zons can hit lvl 30!! Laughing
Ok, thats enough going against the grain for me... sorry knarl... I know how much thinking and brainstorming went into, the decisions of character lvl restrictions... \

To tell you the truth... I'd say the lvl restrictions were perfect except for one minor detail.... No more Mana leach... Evil or Very Mad (my biggest argument, for why most builds need access to sojs)

Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject:  

ophio wrote:
To tell you the truth... I'd say the lvl restrictions were perfect except for one minor detail.... No more Mana leach... Evil or Very Mad (my biggest argument, for why most builds need access to sojs)

Amazingly enough, I never thought of that: Using Sojs on melee characters to counter mana leech.

Well, I wouldn't have a huge problem with zons going to 29...barbs and sins wouldn't be too bad at 29 either. Smiters will definitely stay at 27...no chance that they are going to 29 for obvious reasons.

I've just been wary of raising the levels too high since I've always enjoyed making LLDers at the lowest level I could wear my gear...which for most of my melee chars was 27 or less (except for druids).

I guess I'm just nostalgic for the days of the lvl 21 jabazon duels when leech actually mattered and everyone was constantly searching for the godliest pair of war javelins. Those were the days...

But back on topic...I suppose I designed the character levels more towards 1 vs 1 or private duels rather than team or public duels. Because in most 1 vs 1 private duels, it's usually ranged vs ranged or melee vs melee so there isn't really a need to compare ranged levels to melee levels.

But if you're going to compare the current melee levels with the current ranged levels and assume that ranged will duel melee either in 1 vs 1 or team duels, then I suppose a 27 to 29 boost would help some classes...but it still doesn't seem all that necessary to me. What's everyone think?

ChasingChickens

BNet Acct/Realm: *Chasingchickens, *LegendofRooster
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject:  

I'm up for it, i mean whats the worts that can happen?

iso: 18 max/-15 req jewel
20+max damage jewels
3/ar/life scs
ed/max jewels
Standard LLD Currency (15 lifers, 15 maxers, SoJ's, Runes, etc etc)
ophio

BNet Acct/Realm: UsWest,Van City
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
I guess I'm just nostalgic for the days of the lvl 21 jabazon duels when leech actually mattered and everyone was constantly searching for the godliest pair of war javelins. Those were the days...

Those where days....

Sorry Knarl, I keep forgetting that 1v1 = melee vs melee or range vs range. I guess Im allways thinking melee vs range...

I agree with you're reasoning for lvl 27... I guess i just feel that some classes, mainly sins and zons, are so under powered atm, they need that lvl 29 boost. (and im not say8ing this because ive got plans to make a sin or zon) I just honestly haven come across a good one since 1.10 came out... minus a decent kicksin.
I'm in complete agreance that smite should be limited to lvl 27 Wink

Vudoo35

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject:  

hahaha, well did i just poored gas on the camp fire or what?

well its ok to be loving the past, i loved it to0 knarl. lol. But things change.

well, cept lev 9 dueling Very Happy ol classics.

"I didn't Play to Loose"

"Challenge Everything"
Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject:  

ophio wrote:
I agree with you're reasoning for lvl 27... I guess i just feel that some classes, mainly sins and zons, are so under powered atm, they need that lvl 29 boost. (and im not say8ing this because ive got plans to make a sin or zon) I just honestly haven come across a good one since 1.10 came out... minus a decent kicksin.
I'm in complete agreance that smite should be limited to lvl 27 Wink

The thing I don't understand is how would making zons and sins go from 27-29 be such a big difference? In other words, I don't think giving a 2 lvl boost will help them all that much...so why do it at all? Just leave them at 27...at least that's what I'm thinking. Am I missing something? It's not like shaels or SoE are going to make or break zons and sins.

Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject:  

It might just give them a fighting chance... shealing a bow, or giving a kicksin acces to sojs, might be the difrence between hitting that break point/ or adding a few skill points worth of damage!

before I go making any more comments, I think ill go fefresh my memory regarding the LLD rules again...
Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject:  

i agree that taking some characters from 27 to 29 would open up gear that may not seem like a big deal,, but its something. .. its not worhtless charity

Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject:  

now that i see i can reach 7/2 without bos im considering a 29 faded kicker.

all i need is a good DR string of ears and whitsans (or i coud Up pelta)

sanders gloves (possibly bloods and go 7/3 to hit 86% fhr easily)
cutlass: sheal sheal
spirit shroud (sheal)*
peasent (sheal)*
war boots
whitsans (or pelta defender possibly) with Pdiamond i guess*
string of ears (15%)
angelics

fade slvl: 12 (+2)
dragon talon: 16 (+2)
DF: 1

damage reduction: 29% wich i like alot. (dmg = 1/8 about)
(and i could make 39% for pub with rockfleece and use rhyme)

so anyone think i should go with whitsans (need to find whitsans)

i could also loose 1 more fade point (1% dr)
get a point into WB for casters, use two +1sin Blade talons (another +2 now) each with 2 sheals (80ias) wich hits 7/2 and then use bloodfists for FHR agaisnt elementalists. hmm i need alot of sheals. and another +1 talons though (and socket quest +luck)

* im also thining about using Sol runes in the armor/helm/shield for damage reduction. since the damage reductioon order goes
PVP and then -DR

Page 3 of 13 [182 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 11, 12, 13 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: