LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri May 03, 2024 4:47 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
LLD mfing
Page 5 of 5 [73 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Calculon

BNet Acct/Realm: Megaman_3
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject:  

Well i've been mfing normal andy for a few weeks on East HCL for my vlld jabber. Like they said....q's 1-6 in order + warriv and you can level AS MUCH AS YOU WANT. Honestly i should have added points to energy since this is the only purpose she has. Get to lvl 27, use 3os mask/3os bp with psaphs, or anything that booooosts your mana, give your lvl 27 merc an isight scythe, and use an eth spirit crystal sword...feel free to add a few to str/energy once u have no problems staying above 2/3 life.

In my experience, you want 0 mf. I would tend to think that it will increase the number of sets u get. Pump firebolt/fireball, and u can even start to put a few into tele if u dont have insight/spirit. Andy will give u rare faster cast rings....and ammy....get a 10% fcr orb and i use a mechanic's bone shield of deflecting with 2xpdiamonds. I have max block, like 300 life, 400 mana, maxed resists, and like 40% fcr without spirit. I barely need to pot even without insight.

I make games "free low 1" ..2 ..3 and people come in....if they are lower than 9, i party and tp for them for more drops (hardcore). Just remember to do it on other side of wall so they dont steal your rings/ammys/jewels/charms. I give them all the nagels, sets, rares that drop, and they follow me around. But now that i see that joining pub games might work just fine, i'll probly join act 2-4 games with 4+ people and just run andy in 15 seconds, leave. Happy Mfing peeps. Also remember, These things increase drops: people in game, people partied, people partied AND within 2 screens. So go into an act 3 game and ask for party...tele there, accept, kill, pick, leave. This all hinges on whether just having andy bugged and NOT creating the game still works. I'll try it out and edit the post when i'm home.....i'm at school right now.

Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject:  

Zvolen wrote:
Is there any other Boss that can be glitched like that, or would be worth it.

you can quest drop any boss over and over.
the game tracks 1st kill through quests completed, so as long as you never ascended PAST an act, u can kill that acts boss over and over and get quest drops.
But if u ever get credit, (allowing the char to go past that act) uv broken your chance to repear 1st kill drops

andy is the special case that lets you kill her, ascend past act1 and still kill her to get quest using the trick described

JokerMWX

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject:  

I have been doing this for years. I did it for HLD(Hell Boss), but recently started doing it for LLD. The Andy bug is very simple. You do not need to do quest 1-6. You only need to not leave the game after killing Andy, and proceed to Act 2. I usually join baal games, and do Andy and Baal(if quest is not done). You get better superdrops off a boss if you don't have MF gear on.
Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject:  

has that method been corroborated?
its counter to the method described by the technical forums where the discovery (in code) was made. (which is where 95% of the tech info comes from anyway)

do u have a link or other friends that back up the claim, bc it would speed up the process of making an andy runner nicely

Binagret

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject:  

JokerMWX wrote:
I have been doing this for years. I did it for HLD(Hell Boss), but recently started doing it for LLD. The Andy bug is very simple. You do not need to do quest 1-6. You only need to not leave the game after killing Andy, and proceed to Act 2. I usually join baal games, and do Andy and Baal(if quest is not done). You get better superdrops off a boss if you don't have MF gear on.

Sorry, but if this was the case, I would have the glitch with every character I have made. When I kill andy with a normal character, I do not get quest drops. Proof please. Likewise, every rushed character would also have the andy bug on it.
st-hearts

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject:  

Jerkazoid wrote:
has that method been corroborated?
its counter to the method described by the technical forums where the discovery (in code) was made. (which is where 95% of the tech info comes from anyway)

do u have a link or other friends that back up the claim, bc it would speed up the process of making an andy runner nicely

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=449699

Though I'm not sure if they mention going through all the quests in order or not.

Binagret wrote:
Sorry, but if this was the case, I would have the glitch with every character I have made. When I kill andy with a normal character, I do not get quest drops. Proof please. Likewise, every rushed character would also have the andy bug on it.

See above.
Zvolen

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject:  

So, I have been looking for jewels, mainly maxers, for some time now and have not been able to find any. Thats right, none. Is there a certain area I should be looking, I don't have any MF on should I try it with MF. ANy help would be greatly appreciate on where and how to collect these "jewel" of jewels. Smile
st-hearts

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject:  

You should be more specific as to which "maxers" you're looking for.

Edit: If you're looking for non-rare, non-unique jewels, MF doesn't matter, because jewels spawn magic, rare, or unique only.
Zvolen

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject:  

Sorry, I mean the regular 15 max damage jewels that everyone uses. Obviously non rare, non unique. Whats the best place to finds these?

( Sorry, thought it was obviously what maxers were )
Binagret

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject:  

Zvolen wrote:
Sorry, I mean the regular 15 max damage jewels that everyone uses. Obviously non rare, non unique. Whats the best place to finds these?

( Sorry, thought it was obviously what maxers were )

Well, once you know the Mlvl required to drop these, then you need to kill those monsters and up. I dont know what that lvl is, nor do I know if there are places that are more likely to drop jewels. You could also find one of these jewels, with the required Ilvl, and roll it with pgems to get the preferred mods.
zept0r

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: LLD mfing  

Jerkazoid wrote:

since gambling is clvl -5 to +4 u would do so at Clvl 42 to ensure u could get +2 skills everytime. since u could also get as high as ilvl 46, this yields alvl 49 mods, here is a list of the mods that would go over the 30 req

so are you saying that when gambling for circlets, its best to be lvl 42?
Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: LLD mfing  

zept0r wrote:
Jerkazoid wrote:

since gambling is clvl -5 to +4 u would do so at Clvl 42 to ensure u could get +2 skills everytime. since u could also get as high as ilvl 46, this yields alvl 49 mods, here is a list of the mods that would go over the 30 req

not exactly. clvl 42 it is the minimum char lvl needed to ensure every gambled circlet could obtain a +2skill mod.

but
in regard to obtaining +2skill circlet for your lvl 30 dueler, im pretty sure it is the best odds, though technically it may be marginally better to be -1, 2 or even 3 clvl (though i never did an actual math study on that, and never will, because its out of my ability)

Squid

BNet Acct/Realm: WL
29.02 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: LLD mfing  

Jerkazoid wrote:
zept0r wrote:
Jerkazoid wrote:

not exactly. clvl 42 it is the minimum char lvl needed to ensure every gambled circlet could obtain a +2skill mod.

but
in regard to obtaining +2skill circlet for your lvl 30 dueler, im pretty sure it is the best odds, though technically it may be marginally better to be -1, 2 or even 3 clvl (though i never did an actual math study on that, and never will, because its out of my ability)

You have it right. Having the minimum level that ensures every gambled item can have a certain mod also gives you the best chances of getting that mod. I'll try to explain how this works even though no one asked me to.

As I understand it, it only seems as though being a level or two lower might be better because people are used to random things (like choosing from -5 to +4) being normally distributed (bell curve). This is not the case here, as each of the ten choices are equally likely. A chart may be overkill, but makes it easy to see what I mean.

Character level and possibilities for -5/+4 (spacing may be off)
43 || 42 || 41

- - || 37 || 37
38 || 38 || 38
39 || 39 || 39
40 || 40 || 40
41 || 42 || 41
42 || 42 || 42
43 || 43 || 43
44 || 44 || 44
45 || 45 || 45
46 || 46 ||
47 ||

Level 41 is worse than 42 since it gains 36 and loses 46. 46 is useful in this case, 36 is not since it can't get the mods we are looking for. Lower than 41 keeps getting worse (not in the chart, but not hard to see). Being a level higher (43) is also bad, but not as bad as being lower. Here, 37 is lost and 47 is gained. Both can get the mods we want, but 37 has better chances since there are less unwanted mods to choose from. (Not sure if this last sentence is actually true, but this principle holds in general).

If the probabilities followed a more intuitive distribution then it would be better to be slightly lower than level 42. As is, when gambling it is optimal for cvl to be 5 higher than the desired ilvl.
Page 5 of 5 [73 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: