LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:47 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
LLD mfing
Page 1 of 5 [73 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject:  LLD mfing  

ok those of u who dont know there is a small feature since 1.10 came out that will ensure every drop u get is failed-set or better and without the usual gold or potions and crap like that, this is called the Quest drop.

1) All Act bosses have a Quest drop

2) Quest drops are given when any Character kills a boss, who is without the quest for it. (u do not have to get the quest to do this)
remeber u must NOT have the quest to get this and therefore the character must stay in that act to perpetually do this.

3) Quest kills are of rare or higher quality (sometimes u do get magicals bc those are failed set) u need NO mf to get this,, however mf is still checked and can help with sets and uniques

simply have a friend make a game with a charcter who has the quest for the particular boss completed (or just join a game and see if u "cannot complete"), then use the character without the quest to get the kill. Watch, as aboout 4-6 rare, set, or unique items fall from them everytime.

it is possible to do this all by yourself, you can make the game with 1 charater, quickly exit, and then re-nter with the new character. do this in under 10 seconds and it should work fine. i do this often enough to know it works.

Baal(mlvl 60) and Diablo(mlvl40) in normal are probably the best places for this (NM andy(mlvl 49) does not need this as there is already a bug for her)*

I find Baal to be my favorite.. But baal will not drop all the nice exceptionals that all u LLD wish, only up to about qlvl 40, (this is the first 2 or 3 on the list of exceptionals when u check arreat summit).

for the rest of them u need to check NM andy. or do the same quest drop trick with NM Mephisto, But keep in mind its real tough to get qlvl 45-55 (things like Nagas, harpoons, gothic bows) from NM meph to spawn with alvl 34-39 mods.

Circlets
another thing i want to bring up is the popularity of circlets. (not coronets or higher)

+2 skill trees are obviously the most popular and this is alvl 40
so on a circlet u want ilvl 37+ (so killing Monsters at lvl 37 would be wise)

Diablo would be IDEAL to utilize the quest reward feature on, 1/40 kills will land u a cirlect, and its at a perfect Ilvl for LLD.

since gambling is clvl -5 to +4 u would do so at Clvl 42 to ensure u could get +2 skills everytime. since u could also get as high as ilvl 46, this yields alvl 49 mods, here is a list of the mods that would go over the 30 req

[EDIT] Use the runeword "Edge" on a 3sock bow to lower vendor costs 15% on your clvl 42

prismatic (req 31)
of prescision (req 35)
of the locust (req 35)
of the giant (req 34)
Of life (req 33)
confusion (necro needs not worry)
teleport (sorc need not worry)
twister (druid need not worry)

magical only mods that are above 30 i left out

another option on rare circlets is the 6 skull option. circlets are not that common, and whenever u can amass some Perfect skulls u might as well use them to there fullest LLD potential.

remeber that circlets get a +3 to their Alvl bc of thier magiclvl bonus.
this means u want to stay at the ilvl 37 during cubing
since 6 pskulls ilvl = clvl *.4 + ilvl*4

if u use a character at lvl 58 u can maintain the ilvl at 37 or 38 with a circlet from Diablo after the 2nd time in the cube.

EDIT
i giant list of desirable VLLD and LLD items has been created on the Dii.net forums, it contains a huge amount of info
http://forums.diii.net/showthread.php?t=552978

Last edited by Jerkazoid on Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:42 pm; edited 8 times in total
Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject:  

Stickied for good reason.

One thing though...you might want to explain the andy bug since you only put an asterisk by where you mentioned it and you didn't explain what it is.

VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject:  

to save him the time.

"kinda correct, if the game was made by someone that needs andy dead (needs the quest) and you kill andy, youll get better drops. if it was made by someone whose already killed her before, youll get average drops."

Jerkazoid wrote:
no no the andarial bug is more specific and also appears to be with duriel as well...it has to do with talking to an npc after doing all the quests in order.

this is documented by individuals i mentioned above (and they even traced the code that was doing it so its very legit info imo) so dont dismiss this as false.... i keep one good character like this for NM and Hell andy and i get rare or better every time. (well,, unless its failed set Smile or gems/runes etc)

the process is.. you must complete all the quests in act 1 in the proper order
1 2 3 4 5 and then finally andarial,, as soon as u get andy u must then talk to an NPC (that usually happens anyway as u talk to warriv to go to lut) when that happens her drop is reset to the 1st kill for you.

some FAQs that i dont know
1) not sure if getting malus = quest,. u might need to also use the imbue (wich i do to be sure)
2) not sure if the person with the bug has to make game for it to work (i think yes)
3) im quite positive it must be the one with the bug activated on them who gets the kill for her to drop 1st kill

many players have expeirence what VoicesLLD is mentioning.. and it seems to be with ALL bosses...
if someone who makes the game has the quest and someone who needs quest kills, the drops on bosses are 1st kill.
this is NOT 100% trust worthy, "documented" info by code readers,

it does seem to work....i do/did that all the time on NM baal (team of me and another) and certainly was getting lots of rare or better.. its nice,, however when we tried this on hell baal it does not seem to work.

(u can even get the countess chest to open every time.. i swear i have done this)

Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject:  

VoicesLLD wrote:

"kinda correct, if the game was made by someone that needs andy dead (needs the quest) and you kill andy, youll get better drops. if it was made by someone whose already killed her before, youll get average drops."

iv heard of that method as well.. im also sure that is another way one could get the chest to open multiple times from the countess.

these quest drop tricks are more like a features.
But The andy bug i speak of needs no second character, its defienetly a bug.
Its a way to have your charcter permenetly set to quest drop Off Andy everytime they kill. And it has to do with a small error in the code, (an obivous mistake that should be correceted).

the above quote has all the info. ty for finding it

Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:52 am    Post subject:  

Additional News

the anya quest reward can also be a small help. she will always give normal items in normal, Exceptionals in NM and elites in hell...always

the ilvl = clvl at the moment u recieve the item. therefore it is possible to generate an exact ilvl for an exceptional item from NM Anya to guarentee a certain alvl.

id advise using this calc to figure out what ilvl u need for a certain item.
[edit] July 2010 to make sure this is up dated, affix calc here
http://diablo3.ingame.de/spiel/expansion/itemdb/affix_index.php?lang=en&version=lod&patch=111

the problem comes from the variety of exceptionals (or lack there off)
for instance zons seem to only get Stag/Ashwoods/mat bows.. never the reflex/matron type,, and ofcourse if u want cerimonial javs,,, u only have a 1/3 chance for it.

as another example assasins get all sorts of katar types, from the ever hated cestus type.. to the preffered talons or wrist spike.

to those of u familiar with the pal/necro/sorc/druid items recieved, u are the better judge of wheather good will come out of these searchs,, i on the other hand, havent much clue.

players should be able to get a decent rare off a few anya runs in their normal rushing routine

Last edited by Jerkazoid on Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
meitou

4.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject:  

I guess this only works for act Bosses?
Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject:  

yes; andy dury, meph, D and baal and thats it

hot karl

BNet Acct/Realm: USeast
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject:  

im back(its been awhile) i was wondering if u could just use a lvl1 in act1 to make a game then jump in with a diff char or do i have to be in that certian act

~i guess my sig doesnt work on my new comp(not a new one just a new one for me b/c my mom thinks i put viruses in the nice one so it sucks playing on a lagging crap comp)

built2burn on d2jsp
K-Lined

BNet Acct/Realm: Europe Ladder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:10 am    Post subject:  

Does the andy quest drop bug only work in nm or in normal too?

Say i'll make a fire-mf sorc just for normal andy, what i have to do is complete all quests in A1 in the right order and talk to a npc right after i kill her the first time and after that i should always get quest drops every time i kill her, is that correct?
Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:48 am    Post subject:  

karl, wich trick u trying to do? the baal "cannot complete" trick? the person who makes the game needs to HAVE baal quest done... then the person who jumps into the game is the one permenantly stuck in act5 who "cannot complete this quest" that person needs to kill baal. (btw i have a normal only sorc whose level 60 right now.. all from baal runs in normal. she cant goto nm yet)

Klined iv done it in all difficulties. works in all difficulties
yeh what u said.. sounds like u got it right.. make new char do all act 1 straight through "legit" style in order (i even used my imbue the moment i got it, before i took out andy) then get andy, then talk to npc.

Last edited by Jerkazoid on Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:01 am    Post subject:  

k, andy bug thing i think works in all difficulties. ive been running andy alot in norm and she's proven quite usefull.
geeber

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest, Non-Ladder, Softcore
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject:  

Hey Jerkazoid,
you said
Quote:
btw i have a normal only sorc whose level 60 right now.. all from baal runs in normal. she cant goto nm yet

have you ever found really useful things for LLD? I was thinking of making a norm only sorc for mf runs and I was wondering if it really is worth the time.
Input appreciated, thanks

Def: 162
Blocking: 75%
Life: 481
If you don't like these stats, I don't care. He's a work in progress.

~*Geeber_4
K-Lined

BNet Acct/Realm: Europe Ladder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject:  

goddamn.. it works, i might have been extremely lucky, i only did 10 or so runs in norm using this method and 3rd run got me a 5dex/1str/15ar/half freeze amu, 4th run a 2dex/25ar ring, 7th run a 29% nagel and the rest of the runs all crap.. but i'm kinda happy anyway Very Happy

gotta try this more tomorrow after i level up this sorc a bit Razz
Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject:  

aside from getting nothing but rares or LLD sets and uniques.. Baal has given me 1 tals ammy and 1 raven frost so far. and some rare jewelry that was worht holding onto.

as for actual LLD weapons that are "godly"?
nothing "godly" yet..

i could post some of the better things.. but it be alot of mediocre nice things.. nothing above and beyond. but thats what id expect..

eventually ill come across some randon rare wich will be just amazing, we all know it... it HAS to happen eventually.

i ofcourse find charms, rings/ammys, jewels worth keeping, all the time.

but Andy in nm has scored me GREAT lld items.. most of my +life sc's, the rare jewelry i got is from andy runs.. 2/xx/13 sc Smile and alot of my LLD stuff.. but thats cause i only recently started doing this Baal thing consistantly

klined that ammy is pretty damn wonderfull imo

geeber

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest, Non-Ladder, Softcore
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject:  

so which do you recommend mfing? norm baal or nm andy? Question Question
Def: 162
Blocking: 75%
Life: 481
If you don't like these stats, I don't care. He's a work in progress.

~*Geeber_4
Page 1 of 5 [73 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: