LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:14 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Lvl 30 Blizz Sorc
Page 1 of 2 [19 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
CareBearsRule

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject:  Lvl 30 Blizz Sorc  

Does anyone have the skills for one? I also need the equipmet you will need, and if you have ine, could you tell me your current stats so I have a basis to go on? Any help is appreciated.
rebellions_army

BNet Acct/Realm: Indiana
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Lvl 30 Blizz Sorc  

CareBearsRule wrote:
Does anyone have the skills for one? I also need the equipmet you will need, and if you have ine, could you tell me your current stats so I have a basis to go on? Any help is appreciated.

Don't have one, but most sorce builds are similar in equipment and such.

Armor- ViperMagi Pruby
Helm- Idealy you want a 2 cold skills fcr circlet with other mods, but until you get that use Peasant Crown Pruby
Sheild- Visceraunt Pdiamond
Gloves- magefists, if your gonna use ice blast alot, otherwise frostburns
Belt- Nightsmoke or 10% fcr if your gonna use ice blast a lot
Boots- Sanders
Ammy- 2 cold skills, fcr, stats
Rings- sojs
Orb- varies find one with + skills and fcr if your gonna use ice blast a lot

Skills:

7 Blizzard
3 ice bolt
20 ice blast
1 glacial spike
1 warmth
1 frost nova
1 cold mastery

Stats:
40 str for magefist or 55 if your using frosties
Enough dex for max block 67ish(not sure exact)
Rest in vitality
None in energy

silent_pvp

BNet Acct/Realm: USeast NL *silent_pvp3 *silent_pvp6 *silent_pvp7
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Lvl 30 Blizz Sorc  

rebellions guide was good, i just made a few other suggestions

Armor- ViperMagi Pruby
Helm- Idealy you want a 2 cold skills fcr circlet with other mods, but until you get that use Peasant Crown Pruby
Sheild- Visceraunt Pdiamond *or eld to increase block which = more life
Gloves- magefists, if your gonna use ice blast alot, otherwise frostburns *imo mage fist are much better, 20 fcr / regen / lower str
Belt- Nightsmoke or 10% fcr if your gonna use ice blast a lot *try to get a crafted fcr belt with 24 fhr + str/life or use nightsmoke/string vs melee
Boots- Sanders *cow kings if you tele
Ammy- 2 cold skills, fcr, stats
Rings- sojs
Orb- varies find one with + skills and fcr if your gonna use ice blast a lot

Skills:

7 Blizzard
3 ice bolt
20 ice blast
1 glacial spike
1 warmth
1 frost nova
1 cold mastery
*or 1 in bolt if you are gunna use tele, ice blast will be lvl 19. if you want to use esheild get a staff on wep switch, dont waste skill pts.
Stats:
40 str for magefist or 55 if your using frosties *magefist is 45
Enough dex for max block 67ish(not sure exact) *83 dex with "eld" visc (put an 8-9 dex jewel in your wand)
Rest in vitality
None in energy

fcr bps:
0%-8% = 13 fpc
9%-19% = 12 fpc
20%-36% = 11 fpc
37%-62% = 10 fpc
63%-104% = 9 fpc *only need 13 fcr if you use magefist+magi
105%-199% = 8 fpc
200+% = 7 fpc

my stats:
813 life
582 mana
blizz: lvl 19 = 1076 - 1174
ice blast: lvl 29 = 816 - 846
mastery: lvl 12 = -75 res
75+ res
70% fcr
45% r/w (tele)
10 fhr (need a nice 24 fhr str/life belt)
rebellions_army

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: Lvl 30 Blizz Sorc  

silent_pvp wrote:
rebellions guide was good, i just made a few other suggestions

Ok, I dunno how to do all the fancy colors and what not so I'll just say it. I had no idea what I was talking about in the guide, pretty much I just made everything up. The fact that I got anything right is a shocker. The reason I said only 40 str for magefists is because I suggested sanders, more frw, and sanders gives 5 str. The 67 dex is supposed to be a base number forgot to say that, with sanders you would have 77 and then dex jewel in orb puts you around 86. The eld rune thing was discussed between Voices and I and we decided, well voices told me and I just did what he said, but I beleive he sad something like "the points you save in dex don't help as much as the 19 res from pdiamond". Well thats all I can remember, so I'm done with this rather long, quite boring post.

VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 12:52 am    Post subject:  

dont use eld in your viceratuant..its a waste. itll make it so you dont have to use about 3-4 dex to achieve max block. 3-4 stats = 6-8 life. 19 res all will save more life than that eld will add.

dont use tele, its retardly cheap (anyone can cast blizzard and teleport away, its the skills players who know when and where to cast it, and stand to fight). if you want a teleporting sorc, play high level dueling.

dont use eshield. at such a low level, it only backfires on you, sucking all your mana away and leaving you out in the open to die with no way to defend yourself (to cast). i suggest getting shiver armor +3 wand or staff on your switch(if you use a wand, obviously get another vicer for your switch too. mine does about 35 cold dmg returned per blow. may not seem like much, but it helps.

everything else is fine.

silent_pvp

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 7:55 am    Post subject:  

i have 70 res + a 14 life 5 res sc, so pdiamond is useless.
You can use a 3x ptopaz or psaph bone sheild for stacked res vs cold sorc or foh/convic pally.

tele - not having it can put u at a dissadvantage in some duels (bp spamming necro), and its especialy usefull in killing high lvls in pub games. I dont use tele vs melee cuz i can just stand there and tank them. The two extra points dont add a lot of dmg so its better to have tele if you need it. There is also alot more strategy involved with tele, you dont jus tele bilzz tele blizz...

e-sheild - yes it drains mana, but it has also saved my ass plenty of times. I have enough mana regen so that if my mana is completely drained i only have to wait about 3-4 sec to cast blizz. You can also use pskulls instead of the rubies which can help if you use esheild with low mana. Try dueling with and with out esheild, most of the time you will last much longer with it on.
rebellions_army

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 9:51 am    Post subject:  

silent_pvp wrote:
i have 70 res + a 14 life 5 res sc, so pdiamond is useless.
You can use a 3x ptopaz or psaph bone sheild for stacked res vs cold sorc or foh/convic pally.

tele - not having it can put u at a dissadvantage in some duels (bp spamming necro), and its especialy usefull in killing high lvls in pub games. I dont use tele vs melee cuz i can just stand there and tank them. The two extra points dont add a lot of dmg so its better to have tele if you need it. There is also alot more strategy involved with tele, you dont jus tele bilzz tele blizz...

e-sheild - yes it drains mana, but it has also saved my ass plenty of times. I have enough mana regen so that if my mana is completely drained i only have to wait about 3-4 sec to cast blizz. You can also use
pskulls instead of the rubies which can help if you use esheild with low mana. Try dueling with and with out esheild, most of the time you will last much longer with it on.

Best thing to do about tele is get an orb with +tele, that way you don't have to waste the points. Like the one I just found +2 or 3 to tele and then i can just tele around the 74 sorces that come in when I own there low lvls.

B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 11:11 am    Post subject:  

on my sorc, i'm using a 15 resist/12 fhr gc along with 6x 5 fhr scs to hit the 42 fhr break point (not sure offhand but i think it's 9 frames). i find this pretty damn useful against kickers and trappers.
i currently have a pruby in both viper and peasants but i plan on swapping them out for 2x shaels. that 40 fhr from the shaels will allow me to swap out all but one small 5 for 15 life scs. so basically i'll lose 78 life from the prubies and gain 120 life from 8x 15 life scs.
any thoughts on this?
VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 11:46 am    Post subject:  

B[x] wrote:
so basically i'll lose 78 life from the prubies and gain 120 life from 8x 15 life scs.
any thoughts on this?

its a pretty good idea, let me know how it works for you. i may follow your foot steps =p.

teleporting = no skill. if they spam bone prison, drop a blizzard on it and run. or ice blast through them. and yes, when you have tele, it does mean you teleport blizz teleport blizz. there is more skill involved when you dont teleport, than there is when you do. if you NEED teleport to duel, you shouldnt play sorcs.

as for using a 3pgem shield. yea, you can do that, if you want to lose +1 skill (which is alot if you think of it taking away about 80 blizzard dmg and -5% cold mastry) and max block. my sorc has 105+res all, vs sorcs i have a +2coldskill+stat+cold resist circlet that gives me upwards of +130ish% cold resist. plus that extra point into blizz and cold mastry (over and above the pcrown). so i dont need to sacrifice my viceratuant for another shield, just to make other sorcs less effective.

silent_pvp

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject:  

run blizz run blizz... how is that any diff than tele?

that 130 cold res - 75 from mast only leaves you with 55 cold res...
i would rather have 75 cold res than 1 extra skill pt
VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject:  

forget it. you obviously dont know what it is to be a skill blizz sorc player. go ahead and teleport.

CareBearsRule

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject:  

Voices, could you list your base stats of your sorc so i have a basis to go off of, like the amount of dex you have and everything. If you could, that would be great.
B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject:  

VoicesLLD wrote:
B[x] wrote:
so basically i'll lose 78 life from the prubies and gain 120 life from 8x 15 life scs.
any thoughts on this?

its a pretty good idea, let me know how it works for you. i may follow your foot steps =p.

well, i still have to get 6 more life charms in order to try this and i'm lazy, heh.
silent_pvp

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject:  

VoicesLLD wrote:
forget it. you obviously dont know what it is to be a skill blizz sorc player. go ahead and teleport.

I would like to know more about this "strategy and skill" you talk of. I am just completely baffled by your immense wisdom of blizz sorc's. I just want to be as smart as you. So please, enlighten me...
VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 10:25 pm    Post subject:  

theres alot more involved than run, blizz, run, blizz. you have to know how to dodge, where to cast it, when to cast it, and using the terrain to your advantage is a big part when you dont teleport. some of that you need to know when you teleport. but theres no skill involved when you can just teleport away from any attack. anyone can cast a blizzard on someone and teleport away before they can retaliate.

lld is supposed to be fair dueling, if you use teleport, you're giving sorcs a huge advantage (since charged items arent allowed, bye bye teleport amulets), when they are already strong. itd be like allowing necros to be hell rushed or to goto level 40...why? they're already strong enough.

if you need teleport, thats your choice. its a waste of skills in my opinion, and shows lack of many things, including the ability to have a fair duel, and skill. but hey, its your choice in the end. the guy was asking for a build on lld101.com. this forum. so i was saying what he should use, if he wants to follow the rules of this forum.

also, yea, ill be left with 50ish cold res, and thats what my upwards of 30+ magic dmg reduced by is for.

and carebear, ill post some of my stats soon.

Page 1 of 2 [19 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: