LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 14, 2024 10:29 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
lld vt
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]  
Destructoclaus

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l
52.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject:  lld vt
Subject description: Has anyone ever tried this?

I know it's probably been done before, but I have an idea on what I want to do.

Skills

With hell rush, there's 41 skill at one's desposal.

1 Foh
1 Conviction
1 Fana
7 Holy shock
7 Holy shield
Rest into smite

With prereqs added in, I think you would only have 10 points to smite. It seems viable to me, I'd love to give this a shot.

Gear

Weapon 1 (Foh): Either a sexy 3 conv 3 foh scepter, or a spirit sword.
Weapon 2 (smite): Strength flail (I'll explain)
Shield 1: Spirit
Shield 2: Upped Swordback (pdiamond)
Helm: Pcrown. (pskull)
Armor: Spirit shroud or Vmagi. (pskull'd)
Belt: 15/15 soe
Boots: Gtoes
Gloves: Bfists/frosties
Rings: 2* Sojs
Ammy: Sexy 2 pcomb ammy with other mods

Couple questions here. First, I couldn't think of a better alternate than a strength flail. It has good range, and some extra cb which I think I'd need since my smite damage won't exactly be spectacular, but if someone has a better alternate I'm open to hear it. I don't know which gloves would be better for him. I'm leaning towards bfists because of the extra fhr I'd need for smite, seeing as how I'd have none. For the helm, I'd prefer pcrown because of the extra frw as well as 1 skill and life and mana. I'd need some extra frw if I use gtoes. As for armor, I think spirit shroud would be the most beneficial to me because of the life rep, cbf etc, but I'm still unsure if Vmagi is the better option.

Stats

Strength: Enough for gear
Dex: Enough for max block
Vitality: The rest
Energy: Zilch

So that's my idea of a lld vt. I'm sure this has already been done before, but I'm definatly going to give this a shot. I'd really love some critique on mine and ways to improve. Going to the gym now, so I'll post charms later.
Puddles

BNet Acct/Realm: Mr_Puddles/USEast Non-Ladder
5.38 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject:  

Not worth putting putting in a point into FoH and Conviction if you're going to have +FoH and +Conviction on your weapon (it'll be different if you're going to use a Spirit sword).
Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject:  

Shroud is definitely better for the character, but consider your resists in certain duels. You might want to switch to viper if you're against a cold sorc or another foher (depending on whose aura takes) or something.

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
Destructoclaus

52.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject:  

Thanks for the input. Yeah, I think getting foh + conv on my scepter would help me out a lot. It would save me a few points which could make smite stronger. And I was thinking shroud would be the better option. I mainly need help with boots weapon and gloves. Steel flail still seems to me like the best choice out there.
Torrent

13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject:  

You don't necessarily need more cb than you'll get on your boots, since you have sources of damage off smite. But for the smite, I'd use a 6xshaeled mili pick so you can keep your gloves/belt/boots setup as it and have the top smite speed.

Destructoclaus

52.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject:  

I guess I'll try out both and see what works best for me. All I need to do now is get a grush and I'm all set and ready to go Razz
ulez

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject:  

If you're going for speed over range, there is the cutlass (-30 ias) but terrible range.

i might have a spare of either, strength flail or cutlass. East nl.
lld_newb

BNet Acct/Realm: Deserves a spam section.
70.13 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:47 am    Post subject:  

IMO, rattlecage for CB. Or rockfleece for DR.
the life replenish isn't really needed. unless foh is your main attack. and if it is, you'll be out of many really quick unless your charmed out

PM ElectricWizard on jsp, jimmy made a really nice VT and knows how to make you a nice 1

Destructoclaus

52.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject:  

ulez wrote:
If you're going for speed over range, there is the cutlass (-30 ias) but terrible range.

thanks, i need a strength flail. Waiting for my friend to get on and rush me. if you get on, pm the acct *el_nino. (with period)
Torrent

13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject:  

Destructoclaus wrote:
ulez wrote:

thanks, i need a strength flail. Waiting for my friend to get on and rush me. if you get on, pm the acct *el_nino. (with period)

You can have speed AND range if you use a 6shaeled mili pick... 25 cb is fine...

wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject:  

Your FOH will mainly be for runners ... you won't have enough pvp dmg to do too much dmg but it will kill someone that is really low and running to town to try and survive Twisted Evil

MOST of the time FOH will be a switch wep so I'd recommend shopping a magical war scepter with a good combo of pally or offensive skills/ias/2 sockets... if you're lucky enough staff mods will give you even more power! Sometimes if you shop the right WS or Flail it is worth losing a frame of speed... depends on your preferences and your patience in shopping.

Don't use rockfleece or rattlecage. The only options are twitch, viper, shroud. Don't worry too much about losing a skill point towards foh/conv since it will be extremely weak pvp anyway... However, if I had to choose I'd go with shroud for the DR... you can always stack res in your charms/rings/ammys.

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Destructoclaus

52.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject:  

wfg-dude wrote:
Your FOH will mainly be for runners ... you won't have enough pvp dmg to do too much dmg but it will kill someone that is really low and running to town to try and survive Twisted Evil

MOST of the time FOH will be a switch wep so I'd recommend shopping a magical war scepter with a good combo of pally or offensive skills/ias/2 sockets... if you're lucky enough staff mods will give you even more power! Sometimes if you shop the right WS or Flail it is worth losing a frame of speed... depends on your preferences and your patience in shopping.

Don't use rockfleece or rattlecage. The only options are twitch, viper, shroud. Don't worry too much about losing a skill point towards foh/conv since it will be extremely weak pvp anyway... However, if I had to choose I'd go with shroud for the DR... you can always stack res in your charms/rings/ammys.

I calculated the foh damage, and I calculated around 500 with spirit sword, so I figure I'll get more than that with a 3 foh/conv scepter. But I agree that I'll mainly use it for runners and such
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject:  

Destructoclaus wrote:
wfg-dude wrote:

I calculated the foh damage, and I calculated around 500 with spirit sword, so I figure I'll get more than that with a 3 foh/conv scepter. But I agree that I'll mainly use it for runners and such

is the 500 before or after pvp and res considerations??? max light res takes away 75% of the lite dmg and pvp takes another 1/6 or so. Convict will help a bit lowering the res... just wanted to make sure you are calculating pvp dmg and not total dmg.

I say this because my 100% foh'er with all elite gear never did more than around 100-200 pvp dmg so I doubt your switch wep, regardless of staff mods, will do 500. Also remember that FOH isn't always a MAX hit... it is a range IIRC.

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
.I.O.W.A.

BNet Acct/Realm: I'm Back.
0.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject:  

wfg-dude wrote:

that's what I was thinking. Foh/charge is super effective though, like my char.

Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: