LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat May 18, 2024 2:55 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Lamo-din
Page 1 of 2 [23 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next

NKer
Douche
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
Justified
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 11

The_Worst_Ever

34.19 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject:  Lamo-din
Subject description: BM?

I have a lvl 30 lamodin with over 350 dmg from hfreeze, 75% slow, and 50% slow from hf... I've been yelled at constantly from people who consider themselves "elite llders" that it's BM. One person in particular enjoys killing me with his pnb (I have low phys dmg and slow doesnt affect casting, so I get not good'd), and NKing me simply because I'm "BM".

He also enjoys his WoF/MB sin. Why isn't MB BM?

And his Temp/Tesla Charger. Why isn't FoH BM?

I was happy to see he didn't Prison, but NKing is worse than gear/skill BM on any stretch...

I guess I'm looking for a "Yeah, your build really is BM, he's justified" or "Wow , that guy's a douche, he needs to go find better ways to take out his anger"

That and I think there are much worse skills that require no skill to kill.
Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject:  

People just dislike to be slowed. Being slow pisses this certain guy off so much, he will nk. Maybe you don't consider slow that bm, but obviously he does. Simply don't duel anyone that doesn't want to duel your build, and you'll stay out of trouble.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject:  

Holy Freeze isn't BM, but Slow gear is pretty annoying. I NK people who use Slow just because it interferes with when I want to duel other people - and generally people who use such gear don't bother with dueling etiquette and just end up jumping and slowing everyone.

yarly
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: Lamo-din
Subject description: BM?

The_Worst_Ever wrote:
I have a lvl 30 lamodin with over 350 dmg from hfreeze, 75% slow, and 50% slow from hf... I've been yelled at constantly from people who consider themselves "elite llders" that it's BM. One person in particular enjoys killing me with his pnb (I have low phys dmg and slow doesnt affect casting, so I get not good'd), and NKing me simply because I'm "BM".

He also enjoys his WoF/MB sin. Why isn't MB BM?

And his Temp/Tesla Charger. Why isn't FoH BM?

I was happy to see he didn't Prison, but NKing is worse than gear/skill BM on any stretch...

I guess I'm looking for a "Yeah, your build really is BM, he's justified" or "Wow , that guy's a douche, he needs to go find better ways to take out his anger"

That and I think there are much worse skills that require no skill to kill.

Roy hit it on the head... no skills or gear are bm if the guy knows what is going on and dueling etiquette is observed. In other words... if the guy you are dueling knows you are slowing and is ok with it then nps.

With dueling what you have to deal with is 12 yr old kids that lose their temper pretty quick and once you slow them they bring in their nk-all-day-long-a-din and as long as you are cool with that... go for it!

I made a bm smiter that was really fun vs. nk bowzons... he had maxed hf + generals flail... one dimensional IMO but fun when zons come to ruin your game.

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
The_Worst_Ever

34.19 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject:  

I love LLD, it's the only thing that's keeping me in this game. Believe me, I practice etiquette.. I dropped Cleg and Generals and now have an Honor Knout and Sig gloves (+str for knout), so my dmg went from 330-600 to 650-1k lol. People are saying Generals is BM, but I think it'd be fun to make a lvl 33 Charger with Kelpie Snare (75% slow), Cleg (25%), and high lvl Holy Freeze =P THAT would piss people off =P

Casters still rape me though, so it's not like I'm impossible to kill =P
Aqua

BNet Acct/Realm: UsWest[NL] aquabatsarecool, skankinthepit
3.14 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject:  

The_Worst_Ever wrote:
I love LLD, it's the only thing that's keeping me in this game. Believe me, I practice etiquette.. I dropped Cleg and Generals and now have an Honor Knout and Sig gloves (+str for knout), so my dmg went from 330-600 to 650-1k lol. People are saying Generals is BM, but I think it'd be fun to make a lvl 33 Charger with Kelpie Snare (75% slow), Cleg (25%), and high lvl Holy Freeze =P THAT would piss people off =P

Slow is limited to 50% from items in pvp.

wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject:  

Aqua wrote:
The_Worst_Ever wrote:

Slow is limited to 50% from items in pvp.

Yep slow is capped at 50% ... use bfists IMO. If you are going two hand charge it is hard to beat Insight IMO. Use the battle staff I think it is (been awhile and too lazy to look it up) and charge all day without losing mana. Put a one hand +charge or a melee wep and a good blocking shield on switch.

BM chars can be fun if you know how to play them... otherwise expect lots of remakes! Regen charge-a-din is a great bm char to piss ppl off.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
shane12

4.20 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject:  

slow is bm... but rlly just take it off when u duel these people but imo your build is not good pubkiller Smile
Puddles

BNet Acct/Realm: Mr_Puddles/USEast Non-Ladder
5.38 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject:  

The_Worst_Ever wrote:
I've been yelled at constantly from people who consider themselves "elite llders" that it's BM.
Haha, I get that a lot when beating duelers with my hf smiter. For some reason, I don't get that much "hf is bm for lld, noob" when I lose; only when I win (probably because they want to make an excuse for why they lost). Zons especially hate it because my smite/hf/slow combo interrupts them when they're trying to jab or use guided arrows.

Just ignore them and keep on dueling is my advice Twisted Evil.
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject:  

Mr_Puddles wrote:

Just ignore them and keep on dueling is my advice Twisted Evil.

Same shit happens in every game... right now I'm playing Call of Duty 4 and ppl constantly bitch about some of hte perks like Juggernaut or martyrdom or the infamous "noob tube" which is a grenade launcher attached to a rifle.

Bitch all you want... if the item wasn't meant to be in the game... it wouldn't be so deal with it. Holy freeze was added for a reason and so was "slow monster". same with stacking res or anything else... IMO anything goes.

However... and that is a BIG however... when dueling true LLD'ers etiquette and manners should always be obeyed or you won't have many friends.

otherwise build away!!! PPL used to bitch about old skills like thorns cuz pallys could make a thorn-a-din and no one could kill them... WAH!!!

w/e deal with it IMO. Freeze has drawbacks as well since you can't use dmg auras. Hi lvls use holy freeze from runewords while using fana aura... I've seen pallys (including mercs) have 4+ auras in a duel so w/e.

Who cares. Smile

Wank

57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
Bitch all you want... if the item wasn't meant to be in the game... it wouldn't be so deal with it.

This is a failing logic. Of course it was meant to be in the game, so what? Doesn't mean you should use it, nor does it mean the opposite.

Quote:
Holy freeze was added for a reason

And what was that reason? To be an over obnoxious fag? The only reason to add it was because they had holy fire and holy shock, it would be stupid to not have holy freeze. This doesn't mean blizz said "use this skill to piss people off".

Quote:
IMO anything goes

So long as it benefits you. A kindergarten logic imho.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject:  

Max slow in PvP is 50.

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject:  

Wank wrote:
Quote:
Bitch all you want... if the item wasn't meant to be in the game... it wouldn't be so deal with it.

This is a failing logic. Of course it was meant to be in the game, so what? Doesn't mean you should use it, nor does it mean the opposite.

Quote:
Holy freeze was added for a reason

And what was that reason? To be an over obnoxious fag? The only reason to add it was because they had holy fire and holy shock, it would be stupid to not have holy freeze. This doesn't mean blizz said "use this skill to piss people off".

Quote:
IMO anything goes

So long as it benefits you. A kindergarten logic imho.

take a chill pill bro... you failed to quote my overall message which was...

1. Build whatever char and whatever skill you choose and don't worry cuz 90% of the time it sounds like he is going against pubs. Other pubs use slow and freeze and w/e so feel free to exploit ANY tactic that floats your boat!!!

2. Respect true LLD'ers and follow the etiquette.

No idea how you took me that far out of context... I guess I'll try to explain myself better next time.

krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject:  

You guys should just play "meitou style" - it makes perfect sense. I'll try and look for that post.
Wank

57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject:  

I wasn't chill? News to me Shocked
What I quoted was completely in context

Equipped Lvl 30's:

Page 1 of 2 [23 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: