LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri May 17, 2024 11:58 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » LLD PvP Section » Low Level Dueling
"THE GAUNTLET" US East NL VLLD Tournament Nov 28th
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 3 of 7 [104 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject:  

i'll be signing up, i just haven't decided which char i want to enter, time will tell.
i have an idea about refereeing the games, i'll talk to you about it next time i see you on.

[Important Links]
urkel181

BNet Acct/Realm: USeast nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject:  

I'd like to enter Very Happy Not sure if I'll use my sacadin or my kicker.. depends if I can get the rest of my asns gear. The names are phemonia for the pally and Vlld_failure for the asn.
Rampage

BNet Acct/Realm: US East
12.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject:  

Ok guys I assigned you tentative slots. When you decide on your entry for sure let me know and I will enter the name and class. I am going to have a sign up cut off of the Wednesday (Thanksgiving Eve) before the tournament. That will allow everyone a couple days to put items in their stash that they feel they may need against a certain build.

B[x], I welcome your input and your help.
Rampage

12.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:12 am    Post subject:  

For anyone that is looking at the Qualifying game layout and trying to decide what number would be best to have, let me explain something real quick. The way it works Character 1 and 9 will fight all thier duels one right after another. Character 1 in game 1 and character 9 in game 2. On the other hand characters 8 and 16 will have a wait in between duels that will gradually shorten as the duels proceed up the ladder from 1 to 7. Confused yet? Anyway player 1 gets his duels over real quick and then gets to spectate for the rest of the game while player 8 has to wait but has the advantage of seeing how every other character duels. So guys, there MAY be some adavantage in picking your spots when you sign up. NOW GET TO IT!!!!!!!
B[x]

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject:  

then i'll take #8, heh.

[Important Links]
Rampage

12.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:44 pm    Post subject:  

You got it.
REDAWG53

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject:  

COOL RAMP!! ok guys i got opinions here Shocked kinda sounds like everyone is on meitous nec. he is a good build but far from beatable. I do however agree with some that golems should b banned, but i'll get into that in a minute. hehe side tracked ok my opinions r: #1 SLOW, the use of ne slow whether thru gear or skills (golem) should b banned, cuz if u use slow ima usin slow and that makes for a terrible,slower, more boring duel. #2MERCS/PETS , id say no cant have 1 and not the other so just say no for both. its lvl 9 duelin. isnt that y we all duel here? get away from noob / pub tatics #3 RUNNING, sacdin is the hardest hittin lvl 9 there is (skill wise) so if your running from a ts sin shouldnt u b running from a sacadin the whole time?? and if its allowed i think it should b limited to a confined area say a 3" x 3" sq box ( made with keys or w/e on all 4 corners or 2 if u use a wall) some might say well stamina will limit your running but my druid has 210 stamina he can run for 3 min easy. MY BIGGEST CONCERN ABOUT RUNNING IS THIS WILL CHANGE LVL 9 DUELIN INTO A RANGED AFFAIR!! is this where us lvl 9 duelers wanna take our game? - all ranged and hope for a melee attack? my opinion for lvl 9 dueling is toe to toe duels no mercs no pets just striaght in your face lets c who dies first. running is a cheap vlld version of an enigma and like i said if we do allow running limit it to a very small box. hell might set a standard here for all vlld to come on this issue. man i cant say enuff on running lol time consuming, boring , u name it #4 MANA POTING - id say allow it, i cant c ne good caster not needin mana and lots of it to win or ne one for that matter. i wanna know if i was beaten or if i won we both were at 100% of our potential not one beat the other bcuz he ran out of mana and couldnt attack wit his skill, ya u should have more mana charms/gear or dtm but hey if your afraid of gettin hit dont duel is wut it comes down to. y u wanna bank on them running outta mana and u winning? is that really fun for u?-not me. Well these here r my opinions and as such should b taken as gospel. Rolling Eyes ne how ima sign 2 up and get with u later on which 2 ramp.
Rampage

12.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject:  

OK Redawg. I agree with all except the mana issue. On that point I believe that a lot of the "skill" in VLLD is in the build not just in the duel. After all how much skill does it take to line up and hold down the left button on your mouse? It takes skill and planning to make a balanced build. I have planned for mana consumption on every one of my characters that need mana for their attack. If I did not do that I could have pumped more points into life and made them harder to kill. I don't mind facing potters in pubby duels but I don't like competing against potters in tournaments because those characters are artificially enhanced. True they are not potting life but they do have more life because they did not have to put any points into mana. Mana requirements are an equalizing factor in my opinion. People that dont want to deal with mana issues shoiuld stick to Sacadins and TS Assassins because those two builds use little or no mana.

Having said all that, if the majority of people who sign up want to use mana pots I will allow it in the tournament. But I think it detracts from the skill level of VLLD.

I slotted your two entries into numbers. If you would rather have others let me know and if they are available I will make the change.
B[x]

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject:  

i vote for no pots of any kind.

[Important Links]
Rampage

12.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject:  

Locrian]ol[ requested lucky number 13.
meitou

4.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject:  

I will be away for 2 weeks. Good luck to you all on the tourney.
3stMusketier

BNet Acct/Realm: im in my dark place
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject:  

Hey, im new here but id love to enter this tourney with my ts sin and my sacadin.. my ts sin is in progress, but shell be done... and id unno bout teh issue of me playing more than one char but me and my friend have joint acct... hell be playing the toher cahr as long as were in same game we can both get in and yeah... if i could id like to get like #3 spot and #7 spot... or i thought i read i could pick my spot, well thanks...
B[x]

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject:  

i'm sure it'll be cool with rampage if you have a friend/relative/pet/etc. playing a second char, he had two of his sons play two of his other vllders in the last tourney.
and yes, you can pick numbers so have fun with 3 and 7.

[Important Links]
xX_marie_Xx

BNet Acct/Realm: useast [nl] Montreal Canada
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject:  

Sad as mentioned before i cant make the tourney but if anyone wants to vlld *spalls_girl666

<<<<dont ya hate leetspeak
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Rampage

12.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject:  

Ok 3stMuskatier I got you signed up. Is your friend Piglet by chance? He said he was making a joint VLLD acct with someone but he has not repleid back to confirm his sign up yet.

Good luck in the tourney.

Meitou, sorry to hear you can't make it. Maybe the next one then?

Marie, ditto but I will look for you online for some duels.
Page 3 of 7 [104 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » LLD PvP Section » Low Level Dueling
Jump to: