LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon May 20, 2024 6:08 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Thinking about a 27-30 bowzon ...
Page 1 of 3 [31 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
Sloxx

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject:  Thinking about a 27-30 bowzon ...  

I haven't run too many numbers - just throwing out some basic ideas. I don't have much time to put in a full write up - so I don't expect detailed responses - just general tips / ideas / etc.

I was thinking of using rogue's bow - up'd - nef'd (if knockback is BM - then I would use a ed / max jewel most likely) along with Death's gloves + belt. This would give me 8 fpa (I think?) - which seems pretty solid.

The rest of the build would be based around r/w gear. I want to be an etremely mobile glass cannon. Stealth / Peasant / Sander's / Crafted blood amulet / full inv of r/w charms.

Rings would be stat heavy with max on them preferably.

Skills would be pretty basic - finding the right balance between crit / more GA / etc would be the tough part.

Stats would be: str for gear, vit as low as possible while still keeping a reasonable life pool, base energy, max dex.

Any thoughts? As I said please don't be too elaborate this is just something I was thinking about doing?

More specifically I was thinking about doing this as my first West NL character - how exepensive would this gear be on West NL?

Thanks for your time.
Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject:  

you obviously want a lot of frw, but having peace on a zon is probably a better option than stealth. since you dont want any speed reducing armor, id use a mage plate.

imo a good rare ashwood bow is better also. you can get +5 b/c or p/m skills (or 2 of one and 3 of the other) with ias and 2 sockets, and you can shael or ias jewel it. if you get a perfect 30 ias with one shael and one 15ias/max jewel, youll have the 65 ias required for 9 frames on your normal bow attack. the deadly strike isnt really needed because with added skills plus peace, youll have plenty of crit.

also for the helm, you could get a 2 b/c, 2 p/m or 1 ama skills with 30 frw and life mods on it, with two sockets for maxers. more expensive than a peasant crown, but definitely a better option to make up speed lost from the armor.

oh and go lvl 30 since arena allows it. the rest looks fine.
heprea
pokemon fanatic

BNet Acct/Realm: europe laddars
8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject:  

Torrent wrote:
oh and go lvl 30 since arena allows it. the rest looks fine.

no, stay under 30 :(

ppl usualy aim for +1ama/30frw/s2 criclet
as for armor most ppl also want 60life/s3 socked with maxers
boots sanders or cow kings
death combo
sojs are also another option for bow amas

Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject:  

a 2os rare bow would only be good if it had amazing stats...or was a classic dupe (ex runedart). They are very hard to find and IMO not as good.

for your bow use a 5os 3 skill 15 ed ashwood bow

put in
3 shaels
1 nef
1 maxer jewel

you hit i believe 8 frames which is very fast. Your kb keeps them away, and then u use your F w/r to your advantage and get away.

Also make sure to get some high dmg t spears/javs and whistans(sp?) on switch so you can block.

EDIT: For charms try to get 7+max/40+ar/ 7% f w/r GCS so you do dmg as well.

For boots use sanders. You will need the f w/r and stats.

As stated above use a 1/30/2 circ if u can find one. If not a 15 maxerd peasant might be alright...i would use a 45 max crown over that tho.
Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject:  

Mimes wrote:
whistans(sp?)

actually i just found out its spelled "whitstans," but no one calls it that.
fuh

BNet Acct/Realm: Not Active
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject:  

EDiTED
FYI:

w/ Gothic bow: (56)60ias for 10fpa / (89)90ias for 9fpa

Gothic's stats: 10-50/30 avg dmg --> lets say its a 15ed one so its 11-57/34 avg dmg | str req: 95

w/ Ashwood bow: (37)40ias for 10fpa / (63)65ias for 9fpa / 105ias for 8fpa

Ashwood's stats: 16-29/22.5 avg dmg --> lets say its a 15ed one so its 18-33/25.5 avg dmg | str req: 56

w/ Double bow: (42)45ias for 9fpa / 75ias for 8fpa

Perf upped rogue's stats: 17-41/29 avg dmg 50ias 30ds 10All res | str req: 58

I'm still not sure if I should go jeweled+shaeled+nefed gothic/ashwood or stick to upped rogues bcuz its hella cheaper Shocked

Last edited by fuh on Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:22 am; edited 5 times in total
heprea
pokemon fanatic

BNet Acct/Realm: europe laddars
8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject:  

fuh wrote:

w/ double bow: 45ias for 9fpa / 75ias for 8fpa (50ias on upped rogues bow so basically when u use it u automatically hit 9fpa even if u have 0ias from gear)

yea but its 30lvl req :(
and as he is saying in topic 27-30 though blah w/e im just old brainwashed europe player dont mind bout me too much ^^;

Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject:  

Knockback is only considered BM on Europe as far as I know. On East, Knockback is nearly a prerequisite - if you don't have it, people will wonder why you don't.

All the level 30 zons that I see in duel games are usually wearing Artisan's Light Plates of the Squid. This (namely, the jewels) is a much more expensive option though.

yarly
Sloxx

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject:  

Taken from the rules page.

Quote:
The 'peace' runeword may not be used against any characters that use a ranged attack.

Is that suppose to read "The 'peace' runeword may not be used by any characters that use a ranged attack."

Was talking with fuh in-game and he said he thought peace was banned - looking at this rule I'm thinking I just read this wrong - or it was written wrong.

Either way - can I get confirmation as to if this is allowed? Or perhaps is it allowed by only against melee and no against other casters? I wasn't sure if I should repost this question in the rules forum - or just post it here. So rather than create a new topic I just put it here - I can edit this if it's not appropriate.
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject:  

I believe it's against the rules against ranged characters because it has a chance to cast slow missiles.

yarly
Meegz ?

BNet Acct/Realm: *meegz @ east ladder
39.74 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject:  

That would be correct. Only in arena though. And using peace on a bowa is a terrible idea imo...the damage loss doesnt even come close to making up for the very slight bonus to crit stike and your dodges. Twitch or 3 soc lifer light/mage plate gets you much better stats.

Properly jeweled, I believe a 2xshael 2x20/15 nef ashwood comes out better than any classic bow, due to not being able to make 9 frame with kb (this is the biggest downfall of rune dart imo, though the damage is very nice)

A while ago I made up two identical setups, one using a 9 frame ashwood, one using an 8 frame ashwood, both with knockback and if you look at the averages and all that you still do more average damage with the 9 frame bow over x time even though you dont shoot as fast. Thats why I would only use a rogues on a budget build 8 framer.

Napalm loves the little children of the world.
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject:  

I'm really interested in making a GA 'Zon, so let's tidy up this thread into a potential guide. I'm also going to pull some notes from similar bowazon build requests and tally them here.

So, are we looking at something like this:

Gear:

Helm: +1 'Zon skills/30FRW circlet with whatever good mods you can get and a Shael; or a PCrown w/ Shael.

Armor: Peace is the easy choice, although until the rules change Spirit Shroud, Stealth or even a Twitch are possible, as is any 4os "light" armor. The wealthy could use maxers, the broke could use PGems.

Amulet: Anything with +skills and +stats or res. Telling of Beads is a possibility, as is Angelic's if you're going for the +Dex.

Rings: I'm not sure SoJs are the best option. +Skills are always nice, but decent +stat rings or even Angelics (paired with the ammy) would be better.

Belt: I think a crafted Blood belt with FHR and +Life would be good here, or Death's when you want the CBF.

Boots: If you have a lot of frw coming from other sources, CK Boots would be nice for the huge Dex bonus. Sander's is also a natural choice.

Gloves: You could pair the Death's Belt with the Gloves, or you could use Bloodfists (IAS, FHR and Life are all helpful)

Bow: Pulling from above posts, it looks like a socketed Ashwood Bow or an Up'd Rogue's Bow are popular choices. Be sure to Nef it, regardless.

However you gear up, it seems that the following two breakpoints are worth keeping in mind:

FHR: 32% or 52% for 7 or 6 frame FHR.
IAS: 75% (with fast bows, for 8 frame attacks)

Stats are pretty typical. The one difference here is that Bowazons are generally built as glass cannons, and you'll put everything you don't put into Str into Dex, leaving Energy and Vitality alone.

Skills. Here's where I'm sort of guessing, but if I had to take a stab at it I'd suggest:

Guided Arrow: 13 (max)
Pre-reqs: 3

(I'm in the camp of "don't bother with a Valk", so take that into consideration)

Critical Strike: Your goal is around 9+, so tally up your +skills and subtract. Assuming +4 skills, call it 6 points here.

Dodge/Avoid/Evade: I always shot for 6/7/6 after +skills when I played Bowazons at higher levels, so I'd probably do the same here. Let's say 2/3/2 skill points.

Doing the math, this puts us at 29 skills, so you have plenty more to play with.

So, forum vets - let's pick this apart. Like I said - I'm interested in building one of these girls, and I liked the information already in this thread and wanted to consolidate it here. And since we don't really have a guide out there for GA Zons, here's your chance to get yourself immortalized. (Meitou's guide is more of a strategy guide, rather than a build guide.)

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)

Last edited by Dao Jones on Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Meegz ?

BNet Acct/Realm: *meegz @ east ladder
39.74 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject:  

well, you have a few right ideas and a few wrong ones

helm is correct

armor: the only light armors you can get at lvl 30 are only 3 soc, so try for an artisans xx of the squid. twitch works wonderfully as well, i probably wouldnt use shroud unless i knew i was in for one hella-long zvz duel

jewelry: the best i have found is 3x rares here. skills, stats, res, dmg, etc... on all of em, with mana being probably the most imporant stat. sojs work just fine, but the mdr bug can end up hurting you on low dmg rolls on your hits. i suggest sojs until you get proper rings though.

belt/gloves: deaths. you need the ias, res, and ll animation on these. if you want to sacrifice a damage jewel slot in your bow for an extra shael, you could use bfists, though its not worth it imo.

with an ashwood (what i prefer) you need 2xshael while using a max'd armor that isnt twitch for 9 frame with deaths (3x shaels for bloods) and for 8 frame you need 4xshaels with deaths (5x with bloods).

skills: i prefer 60% crit, 40% dodges, 1 into jab, 1 into lightning bolt, rest to pre-reqs and guided. you dont need penetrate on a guided zon nub Wink

having 50% crit is pretty much the minimum i would ever consider using, so if you want higher dodges or more to guided (more dmg) then put more in there

Napalm loves the little children of the world.
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject:  

Meegz ? wrote:
you dont need penetrate on a guided zon nub Wink

That's what I get for thinking on autopilot. I was basing the skills off my old MF Bowazon, who actually used Strafe. D'oh... Embarassed

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
progknowsys

BNet Acct/Realm: *Progknowsys
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject:  

Also fhr is not a problem on a bowzon, as it is not calculated into dodge skills/affects dodge skills. Damage jewels would be a much more ideal way of socketing your gear.

Page 1 of 3 [31 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: