LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri May 17, 2024 10:33 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Several VLLD Questions
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]  
Sloxx

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:06 am    Post subject:  Several VLLD Questions  

Not sure if this would be the proper section to post in as my questions are fairly broad in nature and could be posted in many different sections - but here it goes anyway.

1. If I wanted to try a build not currently listed, would it be considered BM if I took the char to 12 just to test it out?

2. How do sockets work for VLLD magic items? If I socket a magic item using a hell socket quest - do I still have the same chance of 1 or 2 sockets as if the item was a level 60 req item for example? (Assumeing the item is capable of 2 sockets)

3. How do sockets work for VLLD white items? Do they receive max sockets? Or will it only receive a limited number (since it will have been found in normal)?

4. I read up on a lot of great places for MF'ing VLLD items - but couldn't find any good info for shoping. Is that because most shoped items are no good for VLLD, or did I just once again miss the info where it was located?

I'm sorry if this has already been covered a bunch. I did look through aquite a few VLLD guides and information listed on this site and couldn't find confirmation (not to say it isn't posted here - it most likely is here somewhere - I just couldn't find it).

Thanks for your time, any help would be much appreciated. I'm sure I'll be editing this and adding more stuff in the future.
Hades

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject:  

1. Make the build first to whatever you think is suitable, but don't expect it to be accepted in Areana without consultation. And people wil have variable thoughts on weather it is BM or not.

2. Magic items always have a 50% chance of 1 or 2 sockets with the larzuk quest(if they can get 2 sockets that is)

3. VLLD White Items are usually found in cow's and nightmare +. So if you find a vlld white item in Act1 I doubt you will get more than 2 sockets.

4. There isnt to much you can shop that is VLLD apart from Boneshields/wands/maybe temp claws. But You can shop most of these things in normal at the vendors.
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject:  

1. If there's a build that's not listed, you'd probably be okay taking it to level 12. But it's a judgment call - like if you make a Prayer throwpally, this seems like a pretty potent build to me. People may consider a build like that to be limited to 9.

So it's basically a Catch-22. If you build it too well, it should be limited to 9.

2. As far as I know, it's a 50 percent chance. Though I've socketed about 10 circlets and 8 shields and only seen one of each get 2 sockets. My hunch is that higher ilvl items seem to work better, but there's no absolutely no proof to that.

3. The difficulty of the socket quest doesn't matter - the ilvl (where the item was found) does matter. So if you buy a War Scepter from a vendor, it won't get 5 sockets. If you find a War Scepter in Act 3 normal, it won't get 5 sockets. If you find a War Scepter in hell, it will get 5 sockets - no matter which socket quest you use.

4. Depends on what you're shopping. You can shop 15 ED / 3 AR blade talons in Norm Anya that will get 3 sockets, if I recall. You can also shop Fine Blade Talons of Readiness, which are excellent weapons. Nearly all VLLD shields can be shopped at norm Anya - basically everything except Pelta.

Edit: oops, dsm-hades beat me to it.

yarly
Sloxx

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject:  

Awesome - thanks for the responses guys. I'm sure I will have more questions in the coming days.

Actually here is one to start with on the subject of claws.

Lets assume that attack speed wouldn't be an issue and I would be at the same breakpoint either way ...

Would a 3 socket jeweled claw perform better than those "fine blade talons of readiness" (or insert another suffix, if attack speed wouldn't be an issue)?

Granted - I could get 2 sockets (from the info you folks just gave me) on the magic claw - but would that extra socket be more effective than the magic claw's mods (lets assume I'm not using an absolutely godly jewel - but something closer to an average jewel).
Chromatic_Slide

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject:  

I dont mean to hijack his thread, but about the sockets thing... How many sockets would a Naga found in NM Cows get? I ask because I found a Superior Naga with 15% enchanced damage.
Hades

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject:  

a Magic Blade Talon can have better stats/mods than a regular 9 maxer wich is the bread and butter jewel of lvl 9's. Alot of lvl 9's imbue eth bladetalons.

The naga should get 6 sockets but dont quote me on that one, its been along time since I have fully been in touch with d2.
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: