LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:25 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
level 28 smiter help
Page 2 of 3 [43 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject:  

Torrent wrote:

Much of this could be resolved if Dao would take my advice. Let smiters go to level 30, but ban shael runes on them (at least for weapons), just like Insights are being banned on palis.

It is not actually up to Dao. Dao gets a large say, but Dao likes to be inclusive of everyone (mods and you people are in that pool).

Krajee, on the other hand, hates you all and wishes you to get cancer of the penis. So remember that this Christmas. Dao = good cop. Krajee = evil cannibal.

In other news: your choice of weapon/ammy is fairly varied, really. I suggested the M-O Curio because it's not hard to get, and has good attributes. A +skill ammy gives you +skills. Personally, I like that the MO gives me 10% Def/AR, and effectively +90 Life (the 30 from +10 Vitality, plus the 20 stats you save on Str/Dex), as well as 15 Mana, and +10 res all. But if skills are what you want, then get a skills ammy.

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
ghet0dan

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject:  

lld_newb wrote:
cuz the medi will stack but thats a different story

Don't get a high def armor because smite goes through it, maybe a 3 socket life armor with 3 Sol's so you rape smite vs smite
+1pally 20frw life circlet with a nice stat jewel or Pruby would be rad

Hmm.. i would probably stay with a normal spirit shroud with pruby perhaps? Then leave a armor that has life (hopefully) socked with 3 sols encase of other smiters.
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject:  

Dao Jones wrote:
krajee wrote:
No, I meant scimitar.

Why? Cutlasses are 25 Str req, which is the Paladin's base strength anyway. Plus, they're faster than Scimitars; Scimitars need 40% IAS to hit 7 frames, whereas Cutlasses only need 24%.
Check the dex requirement of a cutlass.
Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject:  

krajee wrote:

52? You'll need more than that for max block with a Barbed Shield, even with Holy Shield active. And since you won't get +Dex from the sword anyway, you'll already have the Dex to equip it. Given his gear selection, he's probably going to have at least a base of 50 Dex before gear anyway (since nothing he's wearing will add +stats, unless he gets it from the ammy/rings/charms). So a Cutlass is an excellent option that will require no extra stats to equip it, with the only shortcoming being the range of 1. (That's why I also suggested a War Scepter or a Flail.)

krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject:  

Dao Jones wrote:
krajee wrote:

52? You'll need more than that for max block with a Barbed Shield, even with Holy Shield active. And since you won't get +Dex from the sword anyway, you'll already have the Dex to equip it. Given his gear selection, he's probably going to have at least a base of 50 Dex before gear anyway (since nothing he's wearing will add +stats, unless he gets it from the ammy/rings/charms). So a Cutlass is an excellent option that will require no extra stats to equip it, with the only shortcoming being the range of 1. (That's why I also suggested a War Scepter or a Flail.)
Well, ideally you'd be using the +str from your weapon to equip your shield, and +dex jewels in the shield for block. It should be 49 or 50dex for max block, anyways. As well, it'll be almost impossible to do an all vit build with a strength cutlass unless you either have godly circ/ammy/ring/ring or if you socket your helm/armor with emeralds.
ghet0dan

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject:  

What should i generally socket with my barbed shield/ weapon? which is most likely going to be war scepter of soem sort or a bad ass +strength sword.

edit: also i found i had a +9dex -15reuqirement jewel lvl 28(Yay exact) would it be decent to put into a barbed shield? or what should it be used towards if its good to use.
Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject:  

krajee wrote:
Well, ideally you'd be using the +str from your weapon to equip your shield, and +dex jewels in the shield for block. It should be 49 or 50dex for max block, anyways. As well, it'll be almost impossible to do an all vit build with a strength cutlass unless you either have godly circ/ammy/ring/ring or if you socket your helm/armor with emeralds.

Ah. I would have assumed you build for base Strength, which is 45 with the Cutlass. If he used the MOC that'd be 55 Strength 30 Dex, and if he squeezes out another +10 Str from rings (or uses a Twitch) he could hit enough Strength to equip the Barbed Shield. Additionally, if he uses the Twitch and MOC he could have 65 Str and 40 Dex without a single point sunk into attributes. Heck, if he used a 30/20 Barbed Shield, along with Twitch and HS, he'll be at max block with a Dex of 51. (67% block from shield + 25% block from Twitch +25% block from HS.) That's only point away from equipping the Cutlass.

Dan: I'd use that jewel in the shield. It'll be your heaviest item at 65 Strength.

Weaj
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: US East Ladder & NL *Weaj *Weaj. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
39.43 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject:  

I made a 28 smiter for Arena not too long ago, I still haven't had any duels with him yet so I want to know how well he does.

Here's a screenshot of Twitchthroe on East NL, he's a strength cutlass build.

Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject:  

Cool, you finally finished him. I'll be interested to hear how he does.

However, your charms do not all match, so you might as well just delete him now. Razz

Weaj
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: US East Ladder & NL *Weaj *Weaj. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
39.43 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject:  

Dao Jones wrote:
Cool, you finally finished him. I'll be interested to hear how he does.

However, your charms do not all match, so you might as well just delete him now. Razz

Good luck finding all matching 40x 15life 15-20 def scs, and sadly I only have 36x 15/15-20 scs, 4 are plain, 1 has 1 def one has 6def, thats all I had lying around my NL llds =( I did what I could with gear I collected from last ladder.

ghet0dan

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject:  

Weaj, you mind me askin what is the mods you got on your weapon + your rings+ ammy +shield >.>
Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject:  

Weaj, is your belt really good enough to use bloodfists and twitch rather than deaths combo and spirit shroud?

And Dao i'm not calling you the bad cop, just wondering if my idea (which was posted in your new rules thread) has been at least considered. i dont see why it shouldn't be, all builds except smiters can use sojs, which isn't really fair.

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject:  

Smiters don't count as builds Torrent.

Weaj, my level 30 fallen anti-smiter smiter would win, please remake.
Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject:  

Torrent wrote:
just wondering if my idea (which was posted in your new rules thread) has been at least considered. i dont see why it shouldn't be, all builds except smiters can use sojs, which isn't really fair.

Taking Smiters to 30? Well, we'll likely allow it in Open. But from what people are saying Smiters without Shaels are still pretty rough in melee. Letting them go to 30 gives them new options that might prove unbalancing.

But mention it again in the thread. It might not have gotten talked about enough, since there were some other things on the plate at the time.

ghet0dan

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject:  

Hmm.. okay so is gettin a

+1pally 20frw life circlet <== would that be almost like the "perfect" helm, so to speak, for a level 28 smiter?

So many different proposals of armors. Which would far off better with? A good Life armor with 4os (hopefully) with Prubies or whatever godly jewels i can get. Or just a Spirit shroud socked with +stats jewel or if i can't get my hands on it perhaps a P ruby. Weapon I guess would be best to go with a +smite/+conc with IAS + sockets war scepter. And is the best shield for a smiter.. the monk's barbed shield of blocking with sockets? xD

Hmm.. for ammy i guess I'll try to get a +1 pally with stats if possible or use The Mahom Oak one for the attributes. I'll probably go death combo and for the two rings im not to sure of.

boots. Goblin toe. Not much choice in this department heh.
Page 2 of 3 [43 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: