LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed May 15, 2024 1:17 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » LLD PvP Section » Low Level Dueling
The state of VLLD?
Page 1 of 2 [16 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Rampage

BNet Acct/Realm: US East
12.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject:  The state of VLLD?
Subject description: US EAST NL

I have been away......OK a long while. What is the status of VLLD on US East. Are there still plenty of LVL9 duelers running around terrorizing the higher levels and having impromptu duels in VLLD games? I notice that the ARENA is pretty sparse but I recognize the names of some good LVL9 duelers from the past. Fudge, Icanneverwin. Breakbeatz, meitou, etc. Someone fill me in.
Puddles

BNet Acct/Realm: Mr_Puddles/USEast Non-Ladder
5.38 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject:  

For level 9, people just make level 9 Tiger Strike Assassins, Sacrifice Paladins, Bash Barbarians, and Javazons. For level 12, there are more varieties like Feral Rage Druids, Fissure Druids, Replenish Smiters, and etc.
Rampage

12.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject:  

Hey thanks for the reply. I am pretty familiar with the builds in VLLD as I had a hand in writing the rules. What I was wondering is how prevalent is LvL9 dueling these days? When I left it was not unusual for us to have a couple full VLLD or LVL9 dueling games going on simultaneously on many a night. There were probably 8-10 Godly level 9 characters and another 20 or so that were really good. Is it anything like that now?
breakbeatz2
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject:  

There aren't nearly that many godly vllds anymore.

But I still love it.
Rampage

12.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject:  

Well it can't be a whole lot of fun if there is no competition. I had Redawg, Bx, Meitou and a couple others constantly pushing me and forcing me to keep getting better, I know you got my stuff and most of Redawg's. Who out there is pushing you?
FudGe

BNet Acct/Realm: *MaStEr_FuDgE, jacquesstrap on D2JSP
2.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject:  

Rampage wrote:
Well it can't be a whole lot of fun if there is no competition. I had Redawg, Bx, Meitou and a couple others constantly pushing me and forcing me to keep getting better, I know you got my stuff and most of Redawg's. Who out there is pushing you?

nofearz, dragonfire, me (i hope!) up until a while ago, hong

to name a few

zarc

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast NonLadder *fyarbeast USEast Ladder *fyarbeast1
-2.48 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject:  

there are alot of people who say they are vlld or lld. most of them i have found just suck....i really wish more people dueled 9-12.

Rampage

12.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject:  

It takes a lot of dedication to truly get to the top of the VLLD game. Some think that it is just a matter of putting on the best gear you can find and that IS a big part of it. But there is also a certain chemistry or balance that you must attain within the character to make it go from really good to great.

I know I tried at least three different builds of my level 9 JavaZon but always went back to my very first one. Her gear was great but at times I had better pieces that I tried on her (like shields, mask, amulets and rings) but the combination that I settled on just seemed to work best even if some of the stats weren't maxed out.

Few people ever realize this. Even fewer want to invest the time it takes to find it out. Most just want to hell rush a level 9, stick the standard accepted weapon on it, grab deaths, nagels and the other basics and call themselves VLLD.
dragonfire_god

BNet Acct/Realm: US East NL SC
2.22 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject:  

Rampage wrote:
It takes a lot of dedication to truly get to the top of the VLLD game. Some think that it is just a matter of putting on the best gear you can find and that IS a big part of it. But there is also a certain chemistry or balance that you must attain within the character to make it go from really good to great.

I know I tried at least three different builds of my level 9 JavaZon but always went back to my very first one. Her gear was great but at times I had better pieces that I tried on her (like shields, mask, amulets and rings) but the combination that I settled on just seemed to work best even if some of the stats weren't maxed out.

Few people ever realize this. Even fewer want to invest the time it takes to find it out. Most just want to hell rush a level 9, stick the standard accepted weapon on it, grab deaths, nagels and the other basics and call themselves VLLD.

Vouch this 100%, every char needs to find a balence, you can't just slap on the most damage you can get and go with that.

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Its Not The Strong Who Survive But The Survivors Who Are Strong.

The insanity of my sin bodes within.
Hong10

BNet Acct/Realm: *QuatroFun *HeLOL / East SC NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject:  

FudGe wrote:
Rampage wrote:

nofearz, dragonfire, me (i hope!) up until a while ago, hong

to name a few

I've been kinda afk these days :~ , thanks for recognizing me Fudge <3.
but i'm far.. far away from the top VLLD's. One that i look up to is eAr_gOd, he helped me alot when i started.
I'll add Drum_Crazy to all those already named before, but i haven't seen him for a while :/

I'll start mfing again, and try to improve my char.

Drum_Crazy

BNet Acct/Realm: *Drum_Crazy101 @ East SCNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject:  

Hong10 wrote:

I'll add Drum_Crazy to all those already named before, but i haven't seen him for a while :/

Yeah Ive been working 40+ hours a week this summer, which im not used too. Im used to the easy college schedule with many hours of D2 time each week lol. I'll be on from time to time, and once classes start agian Ill probly get on more often.

Vexrak

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: The state of VLLD?
Subject description: US EAST NL

Rampage wrote:
I have been away......OK a long while. What is the status of VLLD on US East. Are there still plenty of LVL9 duelers running around terrorizing the higher levels and having impromptu duels in VLLD games? I notice that the ARENA is pretty sparse but I recognize the names of some good LVL9 duelers from the past. Fudge, Icanneverwin. Breakbeatz, meitou, etc. Someone fill me in.

I remember llding with you like 3-4 years ago lol i dont even remember what account i was playing on back then but i remember you and redawg both had lvl 9 bashers and and put up a pretty good fight against me. unfortunately i dont even remember what name i was going by back then and i let all my old accounts expire but im playing under *vexraks_sclld now and i got a pretty nice TS sin im about done building on east softcore non ladder.

Its pretty funny that i remember 3 of you level 9 duelers but not my own account name. I know it used to be a pretty uncreative i would just make like VLLD_God and shit as character names my irl names sean though so maybe i told you it or had it in my account name. Dont really remember heh
nofearzx10

BNet Acct/Realm: North Carolina (omg I'm now a Tarheel)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject:  

Well honestly...........I really only enjoy vlld dueling and I have some perty ones indeed. I just found a vgg pally weapon and hope to rebuild him soon as I put him aside for the making of other vlld chars. Damn I have way too many vllders. Just wish I could find peps to vlld with!

Rampage

12.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject:  

Well, I am seriously considering a comeback. I have played over two years of Guildwars and two weeks of HellGate London. There just is no real replacement for D2 addiction. Maybe I will start a new account and start MFing and trading until I can build a new VLLD. Only thing that deters me is that it took me two years to build and outfit my best Lvl 9 dueler.

Now where did I put those old D2 and LOD disk?
nofearzx10

BNet Acct/Realm: North Carolina (omg I'm now a Tarheel)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject:  

Yes but its the challenge that keeps me going!! It took me years to build mine also and I am still trying to perfect them. Still finding new builds, tricks and gear that works great.
You remember dueling lvl 15 sorc's? You were really the only competition I had svs iceblast. I did trade her orb now because no-one lvl 15 dueled nemore and she was soooo good that everyone called me hacker and left the games. lol tooooo funny

Page 1 of 2 [16 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » LLD PvP Section » Low Level Dueling
Jump to: