LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri May 31, 2024 9:45 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Humm I Did Some Calcs And Came To This Conclusion..
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]  
wOOt

BNet Acct/Realm: \m/ Europe -> Finland \m/
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:44 am    Post subject:  Humm I Did Some Calcs And Came To This Conclusion..
Subject description: mdr bug + kicker + sojs..

this lil topic focuses on mdr bug & usage of sojs on a kicker.

most opponents have hardly any other source of mdr other than viper which has max mdr of 13.

dual sojs add 18 dmg for my current kicker which is missing loads of stuff.. anyways.

famous mdr bug tends to scare livin shit out of kickers when they c items with element dmg. even tho that light dmg from sojs causes mdr bug to take 13 dmg from your kicks but u gained 18 dmg from using them so i still cain that extra 5 against most opponents..

main reason for me to think this shit trough is that i would love to use a pair of sojs for my kicker mainly to increase mana,block,mb dmg and such

against opponents which also use strings its starting to have a negative effect but -10 from ure pvp kick dmg aint that bad afterall compared to all other things the sojs grant.

Weaj
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: US East Ladder & NL *Weaj *Weaj. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
39.43 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject:  

One easy fix to this is to get some 15life/light damage scs. With enough lightning damage, you won't need to worry about mdr bug. The lightning damage may be negated by the mdr but your physical damage will be fine. Other items that have lightning damage will work too.

This goes with all other sources of elemental damage. If you have enough of it, the mdr won't affect any of your physical damage.

Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject:  

1 source can be handled i agree, but its the spirit sword that u would never ever use imo.
lighitng is a crazy range issue too, so you are effected more wildly; hey if u can get it to about +1-300 more power too yah!
i also agree sojs are sooo damn delicious, its a shame kickers take some risk like this.

as mdr raises it just becomes worse and worse, i never liked that issue, ever. other kickers (well i for one) love(d) carrying around spare gear to mess with other duelers weakness'sssesese

wait a sec
a +1 with war boots is granting about 18 kick pvp dmg?
why does that sound way too high to me?

but regardless, keep in mind -10pvp dmg IS an issue bc your only doing about 70pvp anyway.. its a HUGE amount of relative mitigation (linear mitigation always has overpowered issues)

meitou

4.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject:  

Don't use sojs on LLD kickers, ".".
breakbeatz2
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
One easy fix to this is to get some 15life/light damage scs. With enough lightning damage, you won't need to worry about mdr bug. The lightning damage may be negated by the mdr but your physical damage will be fine. Other items that have lightning damage will work too.

That's not really a fix. You'll be sacrificing other prefixes in order to use those charms.

Also, in order to negate 28 MDR from SoE and VMagi, you'll need a ton of light dmg scs. If someone has 75% light res, you'll have to do 672 light damage in order to overcome the MDR bug. In order to average that much damage you'll need a range of 1 - 1343 damage. It's not really feasible.

Quote:
lighitng is a crazy range issue too, so you are effected more wildly. i alkso also agree sojs are sooo damn delicious, its a shame kickers take some risk like this.

Sojs alone add a very small range of pvp damage, especially after 75% resists. You're pretty much always going to have your pvp kick damage reduced by the full amount.
eAr_gOd

BNet Acct/Realm: E/SCL: eAr_god, eAr_DeViL, ear_ections (shared)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject:  

breakbeatz2 wrote:
If someone has 75% light res, you'll have to do 672 light damage in order to overcome the MDR bug. In order to average that much damage you'll need a range of 1 - 1343 damage.

someone told me that MDR applies before resists, if this is the case u'd actually only need 1/4th of the damage u listed to overcome the MDR bug. But the low minimum damage of lightning damage is still a big factor.. sometimes ull land hits that do less than what it takes to overcome the mdr bug and the mdr bug will still come into play.

Necropantser: Lvl 9 Summoner/Sacrifice hybrid necro
ObiWanShinobi: Lvl 9 TS assassin

Always looking for gear upgrades, particularly 15life Scs with lightning damage or mana, and defiance/zeal war sceptors.
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject:  

yes, mdr comes before resists.

Just don't try that against my kicker, as I have gear swaps for mdr on my ammy, both rings, circlet, belt, and armor.

wOOt

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject:  

Jerkazoid wrote:
1 source can be handled i agree, but its the spirit sword that u would never ever use imo.
lighitng is a crazy range issue too, so you are effected more wildly; hey if u can get it to about +1-300 more power too yah!
i also agree sojs are sooo damn delicious, its a shame kickers take some risk like this.

as mdr raises it just becomes worse and worse, i never liked that issue, ever. other kickers (well i for one) love(d) carrying around spare gear to mess with other duelers weakness'sssesese

wait a sec
a +1 with war boots is granting about 18 kick pvp dmg?
why does that sound way too high to me?

but regardless, keep in mind -10pvp dmg IS an issue bc your only doing about 70pvp anyway.. its a HUGE amount of relative mitigation (linear mitigation always has overpowered issues)

well it was +2 with dual sojs as i mentioned.. :/

darcanegel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject:  

yeah but that's got to be BEFORE the 1/6 pvp penalty...afterwards that's only +3 PVP damage, which does not come close to negating it.

i'm using SoJs on my kick/trap hybrid (so close to being done i can taste it!), but that's because i need the trap damage...bottom line is, if you want a versatile character over a damage character, consider using SoJs instead of the regular rings. but for 80-90% of lld kickers, i think rares > SoJs.
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject:  

breakbeatz2 wrote:

Sojs alone add a very small range of pvp damage, especially after 75% resists. You're pretty much always going to have your pvp kick damage reduced by the full amount.

mana was the main reason i liked em [but no i never used em, didnt like the mdr bug], also getting a 6kick lvl 30 seemed cool, but i never could try it. (now for buffing things like fade and venom thats cool to.)

breakbeatz2 wrote:

Also, in order to negate 28 MDR from SoE and VMagi, you'll need a ton of light dmg scs.

the mdr comes first, then res so;
28 /.17 ~ 166 listed light dmg you would need to overcome the effect as an avg,

1-333 effectivly speaking,, but again since your in a range, its a big wild card

wOOt wrote:

well it was +2 with dual sojs as i mentioned.. :/

so help me out cause im not doing the math right now,,, but was +2 adding 3 6 or 18pvp ? 18 pvp (18 meaning 108 listed dmg ofcourse)

darcanegel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject:  

trust me, no way it adds 108 damage..ill check on my character right now and tell you.
darcanegel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject:  

alright, they add 12-20 damage on MY character, and she's using war boots. that ought to be 2-3 pvp damage...which is not even close to breaking down the mdr bug. i stick by what i said before: for hybrids yes, for pure kickers no. keep em in your stash for fade tho Very Happy
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject:  

dont forget pvp penalty is taken into account first on the light dmg on the sojs. so 1 soj really will make a big difference vs ~25 mdr

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
darcanegel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject:  

vs 28 mdr you're looking at losing 23 damage per kick, which is equivalent to 168 kick damage before pvp penalty. so yeah, it sucks hardcore. ofc a lot of characters won't have that much, but still, that hurts like hell. one element at MOST.
wOOt

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject:  

ye that was be4 pvp penalty lil mistake in here..

not too many chars have that 28mdr, most likely other kicker might have that..

when im done ima do 540 without sojs and stuff.. and im lvl 29
540 * 0.17 = 91.8 pvp dmg

sojs add that 18 into listed dmg which is 3 pvp dmg as u already said..
so after that my dmg is 94.8 pvp
94.8 - 13mdr = 81.8

so i cain 3 pvp dmg and loose 10 against most opponents. imo that -10 from 94.8 aint that big sacrifice but thats just me.

waramp ure right that if they use viper + strings kicker is in a lot of trouble if "she" has elemental dmg to cause mdr bug but imo against opponents with just viper it aint too big sacrifice..

Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: