LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri May 31, 2024 3:30 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Little Problem in my build...
Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]  
G_O_Ds

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:38 am    Post subject:  Little Problem in my build...  

Ok I made a lvl 9 throw barb, actually still tryin to finish, but anyways. I went into a public lld game (full ov lvl 40-99, and one lvl 18 pally). Well I went against hte pally, think he was a zealot, but I COULD NOT HIT HIM. I think I have something like 750 ar but I could never hit him Sad Do I need to pump my dex to get some decent ar or should I just find jewels/charms with ar on them? Kind of disapointed at this point.

On a side note I hit a lvl 40 sorc (no dex/block build) with a crappy shield

Saytun

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:47 am    Post subject:  

the only decent low throw barb ive come up against is Pansy's but thats level 13? and obviously gets the use of angelics/cow boots. Try him out on other level 9's but I think you'll have problems against the higher levels unless you can get them to run after you and thus lowering there blocking.

Saytun

G_O_Ds

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject:  

Ok, I might end up goig to lvl 12 or something. But not if I don't have to Smile I lke the idea of a very low lvl throw barb doing like 300 damage. But as stated I might end up going to 12 or 13 so I cna use some ar boosting gear. Hey if I do I have some really nice gear for a lvl 9 pk build.

PuFFiN

BNet Acct/Realm: NH(Us East NL Sc)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:37 am    Post subject: Hiiii  

Remember me barb? hehe I was the 18... Yeah you def need to fin d a way to hit better lol

Account: *PC-PuFFiN
None atm...lost all my items =(
UsEast Non-Ladder Softcore

G_O_Ds

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject:  

lol hey was wondering who that was. You got a decent pally going there. I think either lots of ar boosting stuff or maybe sacrifice a lil life for more dex. Time to mess with stuff on open.

I don't really want to go to lvl 12+ because that means all new gear but i might have to Sad

B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:48 am    Post subject:  

can you give us a list of your current gear and skills and stats? we could help critique your build more if we have all the information.
btw, i'm pretty sure pansy's throwbarb is 14.

[Important Links]
G_O_Ds

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject:  

Ok here is all the info for you guys. Lvl 9 throw barb (DUH)

All this with items
Basic:
-244 life
-121-265 dmg/72-253 dmg
-717 ar/746 ar
-515 defense
Stats:
-45 str
-41 dex
-25 vit
-10 nrg
-45 remaining points
Skills:
-2 in leap (from boots)
-4 in shout and one in prerequisite
-7 in throw mastery (+3 from helm)
-8 skill points remaining
Gear:
-Soul dart rare eth glaive(replenish)
-gemmed light plate (+27 max)
-will be moving to a superior gothic plate soon (need -15%/max)
-Umbral Disk (46 defense)
-jemmed jawbone cap (2 socket, +18 max, +3 throw mast, etc)
-ammy (+1 max, +15 ar, etc)
-ring 1 (+94 ar)
-ring 2 (+1 max, +64 ar)
-bloodfists
-gorefoot boots
-death's belt
Charms:
-a lot of +life and stuff
-some +dex
-some +str
-some psn

If I missed anyhting important please tell me.

B[x]

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject:  

a couple major pointers:
switch to hsarus' belt/boot combo against non cold users (which is the majority of vllders), it'll boost your AR by quite a bit.
switch out your str/dex/poison charms for life charms. a large charm can have +3 dex or +3 str at level 9. that will save you 3 stats for 3 in vita. however, for a barb, 3 vita grants 12 life. you're better off using 15 life lcs and investing hard stats into str and dex instead of relying on +stat charms.

[Important Links]
Rampage

BNet Acct/Realm: US East
12.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject:  

Yes the Hsaurus are a better choice for you because of the massive AR just like B[x] said You are going to thrown and run anyway so hopefully you won't get hit by cold. The problem with the Glaives is that they are slow. You would be better off with Throwing Spears if you can come up with an Eth set with replenish (no easy task). You need to replace the one ring with the low AR and try to get one with AR and DEX. And Max out Throw Mastery. If that is your main (and only) attack then you have to go for broke there. The only way I would not do that is if your are considering going up to level 12 and becoming a Double Throw Barb. Boosting the Throw Mastery to max will boost your AR bonus by another 16% which is a nice gain. You are going to have to get the AR up over a 1000 to hit anything with decent defense. 12FHR/30+AR charms would help there too.

Anyway that is my two cents worth.
Pansy

BNet Acct/Realm: U.S. East NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject:  

Yeah my throw barb is level 14. He has about 2.1k-ish 1h throwing AR and 2.2k double, but because of the throwing bug it's a bit less in reality, so hitting higher level characters can still be a bit tricky if they aren't running.

Double angelic ring + ammy = lots of AR, which you need on a thrower badly. By level 12 you can get this combo running, and you'll probably notice a BIG difference in hitting level 18 characters, outside of the extra 3 levels of the level differential gap you close (this also improves your chance to hit rate).

For a level 9, you'll want the aforementioned hsaru combo to get as much AR as you can. 1k-ish AR should be doable on a level 9 throw barb, but keep in mind that your actual damage and AR will be lower than they appear on the character display screen.

Weapon choices for a thrower:

Level 12 and up should be using throwing spears for their -10 base speed, 80 stack size, and best damage of the javelin class weapons that you can use before level 18.

If you want to save stats for a level 9, 10, or 11 thrower, consider using pilums. They're only slightly slower than T-spears (base 0), but have a resonable stack size and damage output ratio.

Also, don't completely rule out the possibility of using balanced knives/axes. Those things fly very fast, have a great stack size (160), and can still produce good damage. Balanced knives speed is -20, which means you'll most likely be throwing at least a frame faster, and balanced axe is the same as throwing spears. These work well against melees, but don't try it vs anything ranged...you'll want the extra range that javelins have for that matchup.
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject:  

also max out your throw mastry as much as possible, as it adds AR. you should have atleast level 9 from points put in youself, level 12 from your +3 helm.

look for level 9 jewels with max/+ar. youll want to get around 1100-1300 to even get a chance to hit.

G_O_Ds

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject:  

Ok I will start hunting for hsarus stuff to boost my ar. I have eth gliaves, javelins, pilums, balanced axes, throwing axes, etc...pretty much everytype eth with replenish:) So I will experient with that. I'll start swapping out my crap charms for some decent ones. Thanks for all the help. Looks like I have some work to do this weekend.

B[x]

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:45 am    Post subject:  

if you ever want to duel or just chat, msg *B[x], i love meeting new players and discussing builds and the like.

[Important Links]
Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: