LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon May 06, 2024 2:33 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Cookie Cutter 18 Zealot Guide for suggestions/help
Page 5 of 6 [87 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Chronotrigger

BNet Acct/Realm: ladder east/Florida
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject:  

wfg-dude dont jump the gun bro...

ok first off read above where thy state if u wana kill casters/runners put one in charge
thats when i sed dont do it save the points and get a war septer with charge skill on swich(wich is easy enuf to get)

and im not talking about scewing frends for lld items im talking about trading a non lld who values them not and getting it for cheap
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject:  

Chronotrigger wrote:
wfg-dude dont jump the gun bro...

ok first off read above where thy state if u wana kill casters/runners put one in charge
thats when i sed dont do it save the points and get a war septer with charge skill on swich(wich is easy enuf to get)

and im not talking about scewing frends for lld items im talking about trading a non lld who values them not and getting it for cheap

I didnt see the post on charge...and I didnt understand what you were saying...so srry on that one.

And, I didn't mean to imply u screwed anyone... I just gave my rule of thumb. Yes...cheap is GOOD!

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
skulls

BNet Acct/Realm: Gun Barrel, Tx. Never pick a fight with an old man, he will jus kill you.
11.97 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: zealer  

as far as the charms go?? all life/ar if poss?.. will a few life/str or def to go along with ar really hurt at lvl 18..also ive seen a couple of good defiance pallys..their extra life seems to help them alot..brings to mind a defiance pali that was consistantly beating a might pali w 9 duped 15/20s..or is zeal really that random?..comments??

There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation.

ISO:VLLD
8min dmg jewels
dual dmg jewels
+10 min dmg eth replinish throwing spears
eth repair armor

ISO:LLD
dual dmg jewels
eth repair armor
hvy min dmg eth replinish throwing spears
+3ww barb helm
when is this thread closing?
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:16 am    Post subject:  

Unless the build is defiance then defense on a charm seems sorta useless IMO. I dunno bout duped sc's but 8 defense is the most u can get on an sc x 40 = 320 defense. Only changes the CTH by less than 1%.

AR and LIFE = not good! And Str = Life. Now the type of charms you use will differ depending on the weapon u use. If you use a war scepter...ask Knarl. If you use a clegs... ask atomicman (east) or knifer (west).

You can find good starter charms/jewels in one season or less. To find elite's may take a year or more IMO. The right war scepter is considered "elite" in my book because you need the right mods to beat a clegs which is easily found.

So, zealots are not always as cookie cutter once you move past this thread and start trying to build an elite dueler. After a year of trading/mf'ing I'm still 11 items away from being able to challenge #1 spot Shocked Exclamation

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Elusive

BNet Acct/Realm: *elusive-
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject:  

most scepter users wont use max/ar/life or str gcs. those are utilized by cleg ones.
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject:  

wfg-dude wrote:
Unless the build is defiance then defense on a charm seems sorta useless IMO. I dunno bout duped sc's but 8 defense is the most u can get on an sc x 40 = 320 defense. Only changes the CTH by less than 1%.

A character with 8000 attack rating against a 200 defense character has a 95% chance to hit
A character with 8000 attack rating against a 520 defense character has a 94% chance to hit.

Yep, it changes the chance to hit by around 1%.

ATOMICMAN
Official LLD101 Drunkard

BNet Acct/Realm: *ATOMICMAN-LLD USEastNL Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject:  

well considering no lvl 18 pally will have 8k ar it will be much more of a difference

2.5k ar with 200 def = 92% chance to hit
2.5k ar with 520 def = 79% chance to hit

13% change

most lvl 18 pallies will have anywhere from 1.5k - 2.5k ar

but if you go with a pure defensive pally you can get up to around 4.8k def with perfect gear which for the average pally is about 35% chance to hit or less

I am the bullet in the gun
I am the truth from which you run
I am a silencing machine
I am the end of all your dreams...
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject:  

ATOMICMAN wrote:
well considering no lvl 18 pally will have 8k ar it will be much more of a difference

But he said 1%!

I suggest to most people to stick a point into conc because you get a 5%ar bonus and the option to use blessed aim (if needed). The damage loss isn't that significant, but if you're going to make a serious dueler, keep in mind how many defense builds are around.

wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject:  

Gheed wrote:
ATOMICMAN wrote:

But he said 1%!

I suggest to most people to stick a point into conc because you get a 5%ar bonus and the option to use blessed aim (if needed). The damage loss isn't that significant, but if you're going to make a serious dueler, keep in mind how many defense builds are around.

You really think someone is going to fill their inventory with 40 15life/8defense sc's?

I did my math wrong when I did the cth I input my current defense around 250 and then entered 320 (total of sc's Embarassed ) which =
90.9 vs. 88.6 = around 2% but I was in a hurry to type and made TWO mistakes. Andy...as usual...you are an icon of correctness Razz

either way...I still say I would prefer to fill my stash with life/ar sc's over defense as a second mod UNLESS I had a defiance build. By the way do these defense builds duel in USWNL arena? I'm interested to see them and perhaps copy their build Smile

Elusive

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject:  

a true defensive build would have to take a major hit in speed and probably a bit of damage/ar in order to have high enough defense for it to even make a difference.
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject:  

wfg-dude wrote:
either way...I still say I would prefer to fill my stash with life/ar sc's over defense as a second mod UNLESS I had a defiance build. By the way do these defense builds duel in USWNL arena? I'm interested to see them and perhaps copy their build Smile

No, these defense builds do not currently duel in the west arena.

Elusive wrote:
a true defensive build would have to take a major hit in speed and probably a bit of damage/ar in order to have high enough defense for it to even make a difference.

My 18 barb has 3kar, 2kdef, 800max conc @11 frames, and 800 life. With a new item that I just acquired, I can remake to increase everything. The barb can compete with characters such as Knifer's and Knarl's zealers (who have pretty good stuff compared to the barb's 15maxes and 14lifers).

Elusive

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject:  

Gheed wrote:

My 18 barb has 3kar, 2kdef, 800max conc @11 frames, and 800 life. With a new item that I just acquired, I can remake to increase everything. The barb can compete with characters such as Knifer's and Knarl's zealers (who have pretty good stuff compared to the barb's 15maxes and 14lifers).

i meant defensive zealots, i know that good 18 concers can go toe to toe with zealers.
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject:  

Elusive wrote:
i meant defensive zealots, i know that good 18 concers can go toe to toe with zealers.

Ah ok. My defensive zealot has maybe...600def, 2200ar, 900max zeal and 900 life. It can perform against the regular zealers (plain 15maxes, plain charms), but against ones with better stuff.....eh. I was thinking of putting my top notch charms onto that character to see how well it would do, but I doubt I would get a noticable difference. However, with good charms AND jewels, I believe that a defensive zealer would be able to compete.

Elusive

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject:  

Gheed wrote:
Elusive wrote:

Ah ok. My defensive zealot has maybe...600def, 2200ar, 900max zeal and 900 life. It can perform against the regular zealers (plain 15maxes, plain charms), but against ones with better stuff.....eh. I was thinking of putting my top notch charms onto that character to see how well it would do, but I doubt I would get a noticable difference. However, with good charms AND jewels, I believe that a defensive zealot would be able to compete.

compete maybe but i seriously doubt it would win more than 50% of the time but id love to see one prove me wrong. zolas has a 19 concer on east that my 18 zealer has trouble with and i believe that a well-made concer (same jewels/charms as a good 18 zealer) would be able to win ~50% vs zealers

conc > def zeal in terms of a defensive melee for 18.
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject:  

Elusive wrote:
conc > def zeal in terms of a defensive melee for 18.

Yea, thats why my def zeal has piss poor charms, lol. It's a fun build to see the pubs go "wtf I cant hit", but other than that, eh.

Page 5 of 6 [87 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: