LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:08 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
FOH'er help please!
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  
Chewie

BNet Acct/Realm: AWOL
16.10 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject:  FOH'er help please!  

Hey, I'm making an LLD FOH'er. Also, this is my first FOH'er EVER; I've never made one since I started playing d2 in the middle of .09, sooo I could use a lot of help regarding dueling strategies, items, skills etc. I looked at some old posts about them, but they gave some conflicting/confusing info. For the most part, I have my stuff down:

Peasant Crown (Pruby or Psaph?)
Vipermaji (Pruby or Psaph?)
+2 Combat Skills Ammy
Frostburns
Sander's Boots
2*SOJ
Death Belt
Rare +1 pally shield w/ deflecting mods.
+2 offensive aura, +2 foh scepter.

(+3 Meditation scepter, and Steelclash on switch)

Skills:
7 holy shield
7 holy shock
1 foh
1 convic
rest in synergies

My basic questions are as follows.
1.) I have 4 skill points left-over. What should I do with them? I've heard vigor, I've heard meditation, I've heard resists. I'm not sure at all.
2.) What should my aim be for my Life and Mana? This will be my first serious caster, so I'm not sure what a good goal would be for either.
3.) What type of jewels, or gems should I be socketing into my gear? I know for the scepter should be +str/dex. What should be the lowest +stat I should settle for? And also, is mana more important, or life? (i.e. the Psaph/pruby debate.
4.) What are some basic FOH'er dueling principles that I should know?

That's all i can think of for now. Thanks for any help.

Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:13 am    Post subject:  

1. You should consider a point into charge for speed/desynch purposes if you haven't factored it in already. I don't think vigor is toooo necessary, I hardly ever use it on my 30 hammerdin. Unless you get really good at switching between charge/vigor desynch and foh/convict, it's not really worth it. I've never made an FoHer before either, so I don't know how many points you really need in meditation.

2. My 30 hammerdin has around 1050 life. If you have around 1K, you're fine. 350-400+ mana would probably be good.

3. Try to get a total of 10+ dual stats on your jewels, like 8 dex/3 str or 6 dex/6 str or something. I don't really know how big of a problem mana will be, but I would probably go with rubies because you can always meditate mana back.

4. Ask someone who's played one before lol. As a rule, you want to keep moving. Learn to charge near them, have convict on, foh, charge away, charge around them, convict, foh, charge away, repeat. A lot of times you will desynch them and they won't be able to target you. All I know is it is very frustrating to duel someone who knows how to desynch well, because you never know where he is.

Chewie

16.10 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject:  

Yeah, I already have charge since its the pre-req for Holy shield anyways. Yeah, that 4 points is tough. If I commit to meditation, then it's only one point extra into it because of prereq's. And another thing: Can you explain what 'desynch' is, please? Embarassed

VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject:  

i have a high level dueling foher, and had a level 30 foh'er for a while, so my answers are based on my experience.

1: put the 4 points into prayer. with the +skill gear you have listed there, youll hit +525% mana regen (skill level 10 meditation) which is more than enough for quick mana regen. 5-10 seconds tops for a full refill, depending on how much mana you have. the prayer is a synergy of meditation, so while you;re on your switch gaining mana, youll also have +4 replenish life, so youll gain life as well as mana at the same time (even if it is a small amount of life). http://www.d2items.com/skills.php

2:when i had my foh'er, he was hitting close to 1350 life i think. (edit: found the old thread: http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1903&highlight=foher ) he had base str, and only enough dex for max block with holy shield. so you should be able to hit anywhere between 1000-1300 life.

i didnt put a single point into energy, as it is a waste. paladins only get 1.5 points of mana per point of energy, so you should use life/mana charms to boost your mana. if it is a serious problem, you can always use a few mana GCs. they can get up to 44-45 mana per GC at level 30. but remember, for every GC you use, you lose 45 life (unless the gc has some life on it, i think 25 or so is tops).

as for jewels, always always, always have 9dex on the jewel. at the VERY least. +to STR is just a nice additive. obviously the ultimate stat jewel would be 9dex/6str. -15 requirements is always a nice mod as well, for lower the STR requirement of those pesky war scepters or heavy type shields (kite).

3: 'shael' your pcrown and 'shael' your viper. thatll give you 40% FHR, and youll only need 2 5%FHR scs to hit the 48% BP. that saves you 8 spaces that would normally be taken up by 5%FHR scs, to be used for 15life(doubled with mana mod?) charms. 8*15 = 120 life. whereas prubies will give you 78 life (38*2). http://www.hut.fi/~tgustafs/hitrecovery.html

4. i suggest you have your set up as follows: switch1: left click (foh), right click (conviction) switch2: left click (charge), right click (meditation).
this will allow you to charge forever, as your mana will never run out. or rather, it will take a very long time to. plus this way, you arent fussing with many hot keys, its just a simple 'w' to go from running to attacking.

the main thing to know about FOH is it is autolocking. meaning you can hold shift, and click near the person, and the FOH will hit them. as long as you are holding shift, you do not need to target the person directly. very important to know. generally i hold shift and click behind them. if you click in front of them, it sometimes will not target them.

another good strategy is name locking them. you can continue to FOH a person offscreen, as long as you hold their name. they can get rid of this by running behind an obstacle (tree/bush/bigrock/house/etc) or by running 2+ screens away from you. but it helps to get an extra FOH or two in while they cant retaliate.

other tips:
you may want to look into buying a bunch of Ethereal frosties, to lower the STR you have to have.

keep in mind, when you switch to your meditation/kite set up, you will lose blocking/dex, so you wont be at 75%, so try to avoid getting hit. Laughing

the best description i can give of 'desynch' is when you are running along a path, and then all of a sudden you are sent back a few screens. it is usually due to lag, but this happens a lot when a person is charging. people who know how to do this, use it to their advantage to confuse their opponent. mainly because the opponent wont know where the person is, or will be being hit without seeing the person, or will have the person jump across the screen at them/appear out of no where beside them.

hopefully this helped somewhat.

Last edited by VoicesLLD on Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Chewie

16.10 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject:  

Wow, thanks a lot, Voices! That helped so much, especially regarding the strategy part. I had no clue about some of that stuff. Now hopefully we can just come to a deal with our trade, so I can finally complete this guy.Sad

wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:08 am    Post subject:  

I know this is a really really old post...but, I'm thinking of building a foh based on a weapon I found. My first thought was to make honor out of it to gain the extra 1 skill.

The scepter I found has +1 convict...can i save the point into convict because of that and spend elsewhere?

Based on this post the suggestion seems to be to use -req/str/dex jewels to make the gear require NO str or dex at all and use the points all for life. Am I reading this right? Or are you talking strictly about socketing the pcrown/viper with those jewels? I'm sure I can add a few str with charms too so I don't have to worry much about frostie str req. Besides as a caster an eth frostie won't break neways unless someone is doing phys dmg to me...right?

The belt used is deaths...I'm assuming for cbf. HOwever, I have a half freeze duration, life/str belt that can be used...would that work or is cbf optimal?

Also, does this person compete in open category or caster?

I finally get to use my pviper/ppcrown...yay!

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Vietthehand

BNet Acct/Realm: USwest *vietthelld *vietthefoot
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject:  

if ne of you guys know me u know how much i love replenish life in caster duels. ive always thought about and discussed with friends making a super replinish life foh pally but then never actually did it.

gear would be
pesant with pskul =17 replish
spirit shroud= 15 rep
rare/crafted belt= 5 rep life
crafted boots =10 rep
double sojs
1 pally skill 15 rep amy =15 replish
mage fist for a little some fcr
3 foh/conviction honor warscepter= 10 rep
=alot of replinish
Switch would be something with meditation/holy shield and + to defensive auras

then skills,
FOH and conviction from scepter
max holy shock and 1 in charge then alot in prayer

Prayer + meditation +72 rep= full life in 10 seconds (not exactly sure but somone could calc or test in sp if they really wanted to know)

charms would be about 2* 40 mana gcs and then the rest 15 life scs.

I also heard that you can get open wounds to go off with holy shock so you can stop their replinishing life by getting ow weapon on switch (malice would work) and just hit them with that ever now and then.

dmg wouldnt be the best but decent enough and you could just chip away at their life and replinish yours back until you win. havent botherd to try this build but it seems really good to me. if neone trys it out let me know how it turns out.

krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject:  

Vietthehand wrote:
if ne of you guys know me u know how much i love replenish life in caster duels. ive always thought about and discussed with friends making a super replinish life foh pally but then never actually did it.

lol....I was there.

Vietthehand wrote:
I also heard that you can get open wounds to go off with holy shock so you can stop their replinishing life by getting ow weapon on switch (malice would work) and just hit them with that ever now and then.

I've tested this, and unless I've always gotten that other 50%, it doesn't work.
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject:  

I guess you would be assuming that you are fighting casters and they wouldn't be doing much dmg to you. Because for your formula to work you'd have to turn off convict and turn on prayer to replenish life (10 seconds is a long time in a duel) which would make your FOH much weaker.

Interesting idea. I dueled someone that was pure replenish life and his name was "Imnotpotting" Laughing He did low dmg but it was almost impossible to kill him he replenished so fast!

Viet: You didnt say but I'm assuming ud use pally spirit shield for the skills/mana/life/fcr/res (what more could a person want?). In fact, I wouldn't need shaels in my helm/armr cuz spirit gives 55fhr. I could use prubies or the str/dex jewels that Voices mentioned.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Vietthehand

BNet Acct/Realm: USwest *vietthelld *vietthefoot
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject:  

in caster duels, if your good it takes a long time to get hit unless the attack is auto aiming like foh. so while your in the down time for foh you can be replinishing. ive had half hour duels before from replinish life. you dont need to have med and prayer on all the time, only after you take damage which shuoldnt be too much if your charging around all the time.
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject:  

Shocked HALF HOUR DUELS? Shocked

Dude!

OK...so compared to straight forward offensive foh build...KILL vs. STAY ALIVE...which do u prefer?[/b]

Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: