LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun May 05, 2024 9:31 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Why are dupes not allowed to be traded but allowed to use?
Page 4 of 5 [68 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
crawlingdeadman

BNet Acct/Realm: *circusfreaks *crawlingdeadman
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject:  

wfg-dude wrote:
That's just me tho... Confused

and me

Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject:  

What I hope is that the method of making perm dupes never goes public, because that will be the end of D2.
breakbeatz2
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject:  

You can't make perm dupes anymore.

The only perm dupes you can make are white items which don't have an item ID. This is why people dupe things like 15% ED eth zerkers and +3 holy shield scepters. They will be perm duped. However, once you runeword a white item, it is assigned an item ID and can never be perm duped again.

Also, jewels or runes will become permed when put into a socket.

Any other item has an item ID and can never be perm duped. The only perm dupes are from a long time ago before item IDs existed.
Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject:  

breakbeatz2 wrote:
You can't make perm dupes anymore.

The only perm dupes you can make are white items which don't have an item ID. This is why people dupe things like 15% ED eth zerkers and +3 holy shield scepters. They will be perm duped. However, once you runeword a white item, it is assigned an item ID and can never be perm duped again.

Also, jewels or runes will become permed when put into a socket.

Any other item has an item ID and can never be perm duped. The only perm dupes are from a long time ago before item IDs existed.

I'm just going to let this discussion die instead of adding a rebuttal.

Edit: That makes them perm temporarily, a full ruststorm will wipe the unperm socketed jewels/runes.
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject:  

I vote Full Ruststorm FTW!!! Cool

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject:  

you can make perm dupes again break, theres a method but you can only do it on classic. at least right when i quit people were doing it unless it got patched
and also, a full rust storm doesnt get rid of duped socketed stuff. every 40-15 i had socketed (besids the ones in "ith's") were all still intact on the transition between 09 and 1.10 .. and there was a full rust storm there
breakbeatz2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject:  

Grim, it's like you immediately forget about what I'm suggesting every single time you post. You bolded a part of my quote that has no relevence to your argument. It's really amazing how quickly you manage to forget... let me explain again.

Duped jewels stay permed. Duped white items stay permed. Obviously duped jewels could badly hurt LLD since much of LLD is jewel dependent. Now here's the part you forget every single time you post; I don't want to allow duped jewels to be traded or used. I want to allow permed CLASSIC dupes to be traded. These are items that were duped years ago, and are permed because items from that period of D2 did not have item IDs.

This will not affect the current duping situation in any way. Do you need me to explain it again?

P.S. LOL at thinking a rust storm will delete duped jewels.
Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject:  

Belarathon wrote:
you can make perm dupes again break, theres a method but you can only do it on classic. at least right when i quit people were doing it unless it got patched
and also, a full rust storm doesnt get rid of duped socketed stuff. every 40-15 i had socketed (besids the ones in "ith's") were all still intact on the transition between 09 and 1.10 .. and there was a full rust storm there

That was before ID codes. The reason duped jewels don't poof is because their ID code is hidden from Warden when socketed.

However a full ruststorm will infact be able to see the ID codes in socketed items (just like MH could see the ID codes of each jewel in a socket... it's hidden but not gone).

Breakbeatz... what are you talking about? My argument? I've said NOTHING about classic dupes in this thread. I've pointed out a few things here and there, like how 1.0 was never on Bnet or how certain classic dupes aren't known by most on West (then got proven wrong on the items I thought were classic dupes).

You're trying to press your argument into a thread where it doesn't belong. You jumped on Steve's post saying "Charms aren't classic dupes" and then decided not to read his reply.

If you want to argue classic dupes, go post here
http://www.lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=38073
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject:  

Classic can xfer to NL if I'm not mistaken. So, by allowing dupes on classic that xfer to NL...isn't that just a way to "legally" perm a duped item?

Someone told me about a sword that is on classic that has uber mods for a barb like +2 skills, 2sockets, and some other horrible mods... and people were buying them on ebay (not anymore tho Wink ) and simply putting them on a character and clicking the box that makes them NL.

By condoning duping ANYWHERE... you are in fact supporting ALL duping because in this game there always seems to be loopholes. Kinda like when someone figured out how to put all the hacked/duped NL items on ladder this year.

All dupes suck...period.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
breakbeatz2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
However a full ruststorm will infact be able to see the ID codes in socketed items (just like MH could see the ID codes of each jewel in a socket... it's hidden but not gone).

Since when has MH shown item IDs?

Quote:
You're trying to press your argument into a thread where it doesn't belong. You jumped on Steve's post saying "Charms aren't classic dupes" and then decided not to read his reply.

My argument is that we should allow classic dupes. Ever since I suggested it on page one, that has been what this thread is about. Therefore, Steve's (whoever that is) post about his godly charms made no sense. They are not classic dupes, and I agree that using duped charms hurts LLD.

Quote:
By condoning duping ANYWHERE... you are in fact supporting ALL duping because in this game there always seems to be loopholes. Kinda like when someone figured out how to put all the hacked/duped NL items on ladder this year.

No, you aren't. A vegitarian might tell me that by eating veal I condone eating human babies. That doesn't mean the ridiculous comparison is true.
kaizasose

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject:  

I think some people are still argueing just so they dont "lose" this argument. They are bringing up irrelevant points repeatedly that get shot down each time....

Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject:  

breakbeatz2 wrote:
Quote:

Since when has MH shown item IDs?

Mouse's full MH has always shown IDs.

However, he hasn't released a full version since 1.10. When 1.11 came around, he kept releasing beta that didn't have any options that his old did.

As for this post is about classic dupes... really only you have Bela have talked about classic dupes Rolling Eyes. I mentioned the names of one classic dupe.

Let's keep this on-topic, so if you want to keep talking about classic dupes there's a thread in the suggestion forum.
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject:  

breakbeatz2 wrote:
My argument is that we should allow classic dupes. Ever since I suggested it on page one, that has been what this thread is about. Therefore, Steve's (whoever that is) post about his godly charms made no sense. They are not classic dupes, and I agree that using duped charms hurts LLD.

Exactly Grim's point...this is not your thread. I know a suggestion from you might SEEM like it makes it your thread...but it doesn't... sorry! My comment makes perfect sense as it pertains to THIS thread. You are the one making no sense or I should say very little sense.

breakbeatz2 wrote:
No, you aren't. A vegitarian might tell me that by eating veal I condone eating human babies. That doesn't mean the ridiculous comparison is true.

I never compared veal to human babies...ROFL... you are going way off the deepend here. I said ANY duping is wrong and if you condone one part of duping then you condone it all. I think uniq/rare items need to stay uniq/rare. It makes the game fun to know you are the only one with a certain item. You, however, argue that everyone should have access to the good items regardless if they are from classic or whatever.

I'm not hating you bro... lots of ppl I know use dupes. I just vote not to and I wholeheartedly support this site for banning them. Once they open the door to ONE style of dupe then ppl will start making threads like: "If we can trade classic dupes why can't we trade IMP's????"

Open up a site for LLD that allows dupe trading and then you will be happy and this thread can end.

Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject:  

oh hell ill tell eveything i know anymore.. why not. i dont play d2.
ANY CLASSIC ITEM CAN BE PERM DUPED ATM

xpac items CAN ONLY BE UNPERM DU[PED

classic items on EAST NL should be allowed to be traded

i am not sure about classic item on west bnl...

allowing classic dupes trasded on this site... WILL NOT START MASS DUPING OFF CLASIC DUPES

...?? whoever started formentioned rumour.... not that smart....

breakbeatz is a level headed guy, 99% of the time, what he says, if you think about it... it'll be true
2nd of all i will 100% back ANYTHING kaizasose says bcayse he has played since early 09and/or 08 and he KNOWS whats goin on on east/nl
Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject:  

What gives you the impression that East NL Classic is different from West NL Classic.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Page 4 of 5 [68 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: