LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat May 18, 2024 7:55 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Why are dupes not allowed to be traded but allowed to use?
Page 3 of 5 [68 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject:  

There are alot of relatively unknown LLD classic dupes on West.

Storm Pale is one, most never heard of it but it's a not good druid amulet.

And Breakbeatz, there was no 1.0 on Bnet, because it was patched to 1.03 by the time it hit stores.

Last edited by Grim04 on Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject:  

Storm Pale wasnt classic Grim. +2Druid would be rather pointless.

wfg, theres only like 4 barbs now. Conc (Cheats lvl 37 hell rush), which uses 2 Bramble Scythes, and me Wank lvl 30 norm, also uses 2 Bramble scythes. And have u seen Shadow knuckle? Heh... +2 pally/+20 str/+15 vit/+55 life/+50 mana.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject:  

Imp wrote:
Storm Pale wasnt classic Grim. +2Druid would be rather pointless.

wfg, theres only like 4 barbs now. Conc (Cheats lvl 37 hell rush), which uses 2 Bramble Scythes, and me Wank lvl 30 norm, also uses 2 Bramble scythes. And have u seen Shadow knuckle? Heh... +2 pally/+20 str/+15 vit/+55 life/+50 mana.

Lol... it wasn't classic. But it falls in the same category as them... lol.
Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject:  

wfg - ww is considered ranged/open Razz and the classic dupes we are talking about arrre rares. we don't want duped jewels, charms etc to be used. we are talking about stuff like rare boots, belts, jewelry, weaponry from old 08 and before classic.
allowing classic dupes doesn't overpower anything, all it does is allow more build opportunities for mostly barbs/bowzons. i think that's the main thing that should be looked at.. it doesnt overpower a single thing to allow classic dupes, all it does is open up more build opportunities for people who want something different.
hell, it;s debatable whether the duped builds for barbs/bowzons are even the best ones at all! (although the duped build is definetly best for a BvB ww barb)
Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject:  

Belarathon wrote:
allowing classic dupes doesn't overpower anything, all it does is allow more build opportunities for mostly barbs/bowzons. i think that's the main thing that should be looked at.. it doesnt overpower a single thing to allow classic dupes, all it does is open up more build opportunities for people who want something different.
hell, it;s debatable whether the duped builds for barbs/bowzons are even the best ones at all! (although the duped build is definetly best for a BvB ww barb)

Shadow Knuckle would make hammers so much better than they already are.
Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject:  

that's why i said in my original post that we duel this way on east nl and it is 100% balanced
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject:  

Grim04 wrote:
Belarathon wrote:

Shadow Knuckle isn't a classic dupe.
Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject:  

krajee wrote:
Grim04 wrote:
Belarathon wrote:

You sure Krajee? It falls in same line with Chaos Noose and the gothic bow...
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject:  

Grim04 wrote:
krajee wrote:
Grim04 wrote:
Belarathon wrote:

You sure Krajee? It falls in same line with Chaos Noose and the gothic bow...
Chaos Noose isn't a classic dupe either.

"classic dupes" are things that actually dropped before lod came out.

Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject:  

Shadow knuckle was hacked into existence. It never dropped in game. The mods are impossible for an amulet.

wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject:  

Well, I still don't see how they would help on West since they are so few.

Besides, unless permed... items like boots, charms, ammys,etc will poof anyway so seems silly to allow.

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
AmishSpeedGoat

BNet Acct/Realm: Yes
38.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject:  

wOOt wrote:
breakbeatz2 wrote:
Did you even play in 1.0? Do you even remember the days before there was duping? As far as a noob like you is concerned, these classic dupes are staples of the game that have existed since the beginning of time.

no need to flame ppl if they havent played a game since the day 1 it was realeased is there?

Vouch, dont jump his shit because he didnt know. At one point in time we all didnt know, and your nothing speacil(sp?), so dont say you always knew.

I also want to say I dont have any intention of flaming, before any tempers are lost.

Anyways, Why would it be fair to let duped items be used? I want to duel knowing the guy im dueling isnt loaded up on pure pink 24 max damage jewels. Or using a full inventory of godly small charms. Half the fun of LLDing is looking at someones gear and saying "Damn, that one charm is almost perfect!" not "Wow, nice full inventory of the same godly sc"

Keep Dupes to the HLD, LLD has no place for dupes.
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:56 am    Post subject:  

Mega Moose wrote:

Half the fun of LLDing is looking at someones gear and saying "Damn, that one charm is almost perfect!"
Keep Dupes to the HLD, LLD has no place for dupes.

HI Five... Agreed!!! The "drool" factor is definately half the fun.

With dupes it takes the fun away cuz I proudly show some 15life/12 manas I've accumulated and instead of "holy shit...nice" I get "Nice Dupes :/"

Lag dupers are not only retarded... but keep lagging my games Sad

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
breakbeatz2
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
With dupes it takes the fun away cuz I proudly show some 15life/12 manas I've accumulated and instead of "holy shit...nice" I get "Nice Dupes :/"

Charms aren't classic dupes.

Quote:
Lag dupers are not only retarded... but keep lagging my games

The lag in your game has nothing to do with classic dupes.
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject:  

breakbeatz2 wrote:
Quote:

Charms aren't classic dupes.

Quote:
Lag dupers are not only retarded... but keep lagging my games

The lag in your game has nothing to do with classic dupes.

Title of this thread is "dupes" not "classic dupes"... author in his opening page even asks... "why aren't duped 20 maxers allowed to be traded" or something to that respect.

The classic dupe thing is YOUR argument.

Finding an UBER item is one thing... duping it is another. Without dupes ppl would truly be uniq in their builds. PPL like you try to give everyone the same power probably because you have never found an UBER item so you support duping simply cuz Blizzard couldn't figure out how to delete someone's stash of dupes during a reset.

Duping an original is counterfeiting plain and simple. use them if u wish... but, please stop trying to argue to get the rest of us to lower to your level.

I'd rather lose EVERY duel using non-duped items than use one and win ONE duel. That's just me tho... Confused

Page 3 of 5 [68 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: