LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon May 27, 2024 4:28 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Why are dupes not allowed to be traded but allowed to use?
Page 2 of 5 [68 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
breakbeatz2
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject:  

crawlingdeadman wrote:
so fuck you all.

There was no need for this either.
wOOt

BNet Acct/Realm: \m/ Europe -> Finland \m/
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject:  

breakbeatz2 wrote:
crawlingdeadman wrote:
so fuck you all.

imo he was referin to the duped jwls and such in that rather than classic dupes..

crawlingdeadman

BNet Acct/Realm: *circusfreaks *crawlingdeadman
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject:  

breakbeatz2 wrote:
crawlingdeadman wrote:
so fuck you all.

yeah and i appologize.

i'm just bitter. the whole topic is dumb. you cant stop someone who isnt in this for fun from using a dupe. winning is fun, cheating to win is a hollow victory but it's a victory nonetheless.

yes im talking about ladder its the only experience i've had and yes i started in 1.10. does that mean that my opinions arent worth squat? i've come across a couple of NL duelers in L games and they belittle everyone in the game and mock me and my (limited i admit) skills. that's really great PR for lld. i'm not accusing you of doing it idc if you do. there's this great NL vs L thing going on and you know what it doesnt matter. dupe if you want use dupes if you want. i'm in this to have fun id have quit d2 a while back if it wasnt for dueling (which i started as low). what i'm getting at is at this point in the grand scheme of things is that i dont have 20 maxers and unless i find them myself i will never have even one. my crappy ~1k damage is all my zealot will ever do. what i was saying in my previous post was that the onlly person who will know and the only person who will ever care if you use dupes or not is yourself.

noob me all you want i've given away more free gear and advice to random pubs that seemed generally interrested in good, honest duels than you can shake a stick at. also say what you will about lld101, i've pointed them all here as i was first pointed here and i'll continue to do so because for the most part the people here are a better class of people than randoms you meet on the street.

ps. that dupe dupe dupe thing was a flame, but i stick by it. if ladder ever ends i'll have no part in NL duels, not because i'll not be able to compete but because i just dont see the point.

Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject:  

classic dupes (weapons, belts, boots, jewelry) should be allowed to be traded as long as you label them as dupes.

70-15s, duped jewels, duped charms (if they ever come out, or are they already?) etc. should not be allowed to be traded because they actually do unbalance things.

You can't say that classic dupes will make it unbalanced, cause we duel with classic dupes every single day and it is 100% balanced. if anything, the chars that dont use classic dupes (spirit hdins, fb sorcs) are still the overly powerful characters, and without the classic dupes the other characters will stand even less of a chance
All of this I am saying for east nl, as I can;t know what it's like on other realms
Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject:  

bbz wrote:
'm not suggesting that we allow classic dupes because they're permed. I'm think we should allow them because they have been a staple of D2 forever and they don't give dupers any incentive to dupe and sell LLD items. Newly duped items should be banned from trade on LLD101.

I'd be down with that, hehe.

At crawling... Ladders whole economy is based on Dupes.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Why are dupes not allowed to be traded but allowed to use?
Subject description: why? why? why?

Bloody Mess wrote:
Why are dupes meaning 20 maxers and etc. not able to be traded yet is allowed or blessed to use in tourney and public duels?

Nothing about duping is "blessed" by anyone here so that was the wrong word to use.

When you can figure a way to determine if something is duped or not then mods will promise to use it to weed out the dupers from teh legit duelers.

You can't go by color either because some of us find legit colored 20 maxers.

Can't be controlled, unfortunately, so deal with it and go get some legits so when you win you'll feel 100% better about winning the legit way Cool

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject:  

Well... can you look at it this way?

If wfg, a looong time member, was selling a jewel that he found, but was on dupe list, would you believe him? I would. But I definately would not believe someone with 10 or less posts. I have more reliability in some people than I do in others.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
crawlingdeadman

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject:  

Belarathon wrote:
classic dupes (weapons, belts, boots, jewelry) should be allowed to be traded as long as you label them as dupes.

70-15s, duped jewels, duped charms (if they ever come out, or are they already?) etc. should not be allowed to be traded because they actually do unbalance things.

You can't say that classic dupes will make it unbalanced, cause we duel with classic dupes every single day and it is 100% balanced. if anything, the chars that dont use classic dupes (spirit hdins, fb sorcs) are still the overly powerful characters, and without the classic dupes the other characters will stand even less of a chance
All of this I am saying for east nl, as I can;t know what it's like on other realms

well like i've said i have no real experience with NL dueling so i dont know. can you explain and or give examples of the builds that use dupes and thereby make more of a balance? i'd love to have diversity so if a common dupe allows a previously tad under powered build compete i see no real problem with that. i'd love my 18 kicker to be able to compete with 18 zealots for example. i'm also tired of endless h v. h duels or seeing 3 sorcs in a game and having them all be fireball.

relieve me of some of my noobness.

breakbeatz2
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject:  

NL has it pretty good. The dupes don't unbalance things.

There are a few dupes people use

PTramples - Duped caster boots, but very few of them exist. I sold my last pair for 700 fg. If you spend 2 months finding a pair, and pay 700, you deserve the slight bonus you get over other casters.

Gale Thirst - Duped exe sword used by ww barbs. WW barbs need a lot of help to compete with the top of the line hammerdins and fire sorcs. Even with this sword, they are weaker than the best casters.

Bitter hold - 12 str 13 dex ring. Melee needs all the help it can get.
They are getting rare and expensive, so they aren't easy to find. Since your opponent can use one too, they aren't unbalances in melee vs. melee.

I could go on and on explaining why I think each dupe is fine, but you get the point.
crawlingdeadman

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject:  

thank you and i appologize again for my rudeness. my experience is with ladder as stated and if you dont use 20's you're three steps behind (or rather 5).
Belarathon

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject:  

14 dex on bhold Razz and cold/psn res and 140ish ar
Meegz ?

BNet Acct/Realm: *meegz @ east ladder
39.74 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject:  

and like what? lvl 13 requirement or something? i always was amazed at that part of it.

the gale thing i can understand the use of, its a damn exec sword so the req's are insane, therefore somewhat balancing the damage issue. bowa's are damn good w/o the classic rares (ask weaj) so i really just dislike them for lld to begin with. they take too much time, effort, and $$ for my liking. ive never seen those boots so idk bout those, heh...

also, b-holds are pretty much good for barbs only, since palas seem to want to go with angelics to counter barbs higher def.

Napalm loves the little children of the world.
crawlingdeadman

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject:  

i guess my problem is when you hafta have a dupe to compete. i'm all for budget builds.
Belarathon

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject:  

no build has to use a dupe to compete really.. but the fact that a well played, normal rushed, crappy geared hammerdin can at least 50-50 a hell rushed, 100% perf geared, well played WW barb kinda makes me lean towards allowing classic dupes
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject:  

Belarathon wrote:
no build has to use a dupe to compete really.. but the fact that a well played, normal rushed, crappy geared hammerdin can at least 50-50 a hell rushed, 100% perf geared, well played WW barb kinda makes me lean towards allowing classic dupes

You're comparing melee to caster which is unfair realistically. If you want ww's to compete in open or caster then i understand where you're going with this... but hammers are strong vs. druids, trappers, melee... but, weaker vs. bows, good tele sorcs.

Every build has a weakness so dupes aren't needed to balance things IMO.

BTW... You must be talking about East NL cuz West NL has mostly hld/mld dupes that I know of. There are a few RARE lld dupes but no one I know uses them and not even sure they are for sale on sites any longer so they are definately not mainstream enough to tip the balance of power in a duel.

I know there are some classic swords that are uber godly for conc or ww barbs but I've only ever seen one on West NL and he sucked as a dueler so... I still say dupe free is the way to go.

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Page 2 of 5 [68 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: