LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:05 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
How To Glitch Rush
Page 1 of 2 [21 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject:  How To Glitch Rush  

1. Make your character.
2. Have a friend rush him through normal.
3. Make a game titled Baal Quest Now or something along those lines. Have your friend join and clear the minions. Hopefully by now, people have joined your game. Ask if they've killed baal yet. If not, ask them if they're going to stick around for the quest. If they aren't, wait for more people or make a new game. If they are going to stick around for the quest, party up and don't forget to include your rushing friend in the party.
4. Stay in town (partied) while your friend kills Baal with the other people in the chamber. The person (or people) who needs the quest MUST be partied and in the Worldstone Chamber in order for you to get credit for killing Baal. You have now bypassed the Ancient's quest.
5. Repeat steps 2 through 4 for nm.
6. Have your friend rush you through hell.

Note: You do not have to kill Baal in hell and therefore, don't need to do that annoying trick to bypass the Ancients.

As for quests:
Act 1 Den: You're going to have to kill a monster in order to get credit for the quest. This is easy to do in normal and difficult to nm. It's pretty much impossible to do in hell. What I find best is just to make an Act 1 Den game in whatever difficulty and let the other people in the game kill the monsters while you stay partied in town. Stay in town as to not get much experience. I've rushed people who have accidently gone to lvl 10 because they weren't paying attention to their level.
Act 2 Sewers: Have your friend teleport/run down to level 3 by Radament and clear out a little space for you to hide in. Go in a TP he puts up in this little safe zone and let him kill Radament. Grab the book that drops and you're on your way. Ge sure to be in level 3 when he kills Radament otherwise the book will not drop.
Act 3 Potion: My least favorite quest. With your level 9, it's doable in normal but pretty much impossible in NM. Don't even attempt it in hell. You could always try making Act 3 Get Potion games but those don't work too well. The best solution is to not get the potion on one of your HLD chars (preferably one that can PvM decently well) on all the difficulty levels. Whenever I make a new level 9 or a friend's level 9 needs the potion quest, I just have my high level summon Druid kill the first unique monster he sees outside town (the first unique might not drop it - if this happens, just go to the second). Once the jade figurine drops, I just transfer it to my or my friend's level 9. Be sure that you don't talk to Meshif or Cain after getting the figuring on your high level. Some people like to go to the Travincal to get the figurine but it's pointless. Not only is there a slight problem with them dropping it due to the fact that they drop khalim's flail (I'm not going to get into that, it doesn't matter), they can be hard as hell to kill. You're much better off just going right outside town and running around till you encounter a unique pack.
Act 3 Tome: This is the stat quest, it's very crucial to the build; don't forget to do it. Anyway, have your friend find the Ruined Temple and let him clear it out. Go through his TP and grab the tome.
Act 4 Izual: Have your friend clear everything around good ol' Izzy. Go in his TP and just hang around, busy not getting killed until Izual goes down.
Act 5 Anya: No big problem here either though it does get a bit difficult in hell if your rushing friend is a Sorceress (those damn charging guys that revive themselves are quite annoying). Just have your friend go to Anya and clear it out. He'll put up a TP and you know the rest.

Final note: If you're rushing a Classic character (in other words, any char other than an Assassin or Druid), you can have it rushed in Classic. However, to do this, you will need a high level Classic character that can get through all the difficulties. This way, you don't have to bypass the Ancients because there are no Ancients to bypass. Once the rush is complete, simply convert the character to LoD.

[Important Links]

Last edited by B[x] on Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject:  

just for a note on the classic rush: don't just rush to act 1 hell and then convert and say i will do the rest in xpac with my stronger chars. your char will be in nm still unless if you rush to hell act 3, if you stay in act 1 or 2 you char will be converted to nm Sad
Koshi

BNet Acct/Realm: US East scnl, New Zealand
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject:  

As for hell Den, have a friend weaken a monster, and use enchant on you(can be from Demon limb), so thats not a big problem.

B[x]

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject:  

according to jason (voices), the enchant from demon limb isn't enough for hell den, you would really need a high level enchanter for that.

[Important Links]
xX_marie_Xx

BNet Acct/Realm: useast [nl] Montreal Canada
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject:  

I have a high lvl enchantress...actually a failed melee sorc though.

<<<<dont ya hate leetspeak
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Koshi

BNet Acct/Realm: US East scnl, New Zealand
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject:  

B[x] wrote:
according to jason (voices), the enchant from demon limb isn't enough for hell den, you would really need a high level enchanter for that.

Assuming you have decent dmg, the enchant is to boost your Ar so you can actaully hit the monster, have the friend weaken it till it has like...very little left It works, I did it for my sin on ladder.

B[x]

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject:  

i don't level my chars to 9 until all of the quests are done out of fear of overleveling them. since my dmg sucks until i hit level 9, i can't do a fallen much harm even if i can hit them.

[Important Links]
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject:  

and theres a good chance that if the person is rushing you through hell or nm, that if they were to try to weaken the fallen, they just end up killing it. unless they;re using static, but even then, good luck hitting it with your whole 100 ar, atleast before it regens all its life. Rolling Eyes

its best just to get a high level enchantress, or mooch that quest too.

Arcane[hoh]

BNet Acct/Realm: USeast - KY
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject:  

thx for tat i didnt know u could make the game yourself to do the rush i thought the person who gets teh quest in worldstone had to make.

ISO:
ethereal swordback(prefferably with full durability)
eth\repair rare crown\great helm, 120+def with life\fhr\res\2sockets
13+life\def(4-8 def only, lvl 17) scs'

paying in currencies
slayerbaal

BNet Acct/Realm: U.S East [NL]
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:11 am    Post subject:  

bx was tellin me how to rush and it might contain sum more info Very Happy

http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3263

Solartje

BNet Acct/Realm: Europe
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject:  

if u have 2 friends, u can do the q that require killing.

u: lvl9
friend1: static sorc, or any char that can lower his life as small as possible
friend2: thorns char, (either from bramble, or from pala skill) works perfect ^^ if u have 400+life on your lvl9 this should be easy, try to leave on of those small monsters for last, not the BIG monsters or skelies.

potion q: unless u are alone in the game, the potion wont always drop on the first unique monster. IF u are alone it will always be the first monster.
(if anyone joins, or quits during the the game, the boss dropping the potion will get random)

i usually, go find him, try to get him close to town by letting him chasing me, and kill him with my lvl9.
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: NM hell rushin chars  

Something else useful for NOT leveling but still getting the quests:

Suicide yourself near the monster being killed or quest needed. IE:
trav can easily level u if your not careful. So run like mad or have frnd tp in middle of council...die on purpose and after death DO NOT HIT ESC until after your friend kills everything. This works with everything including rada, D, socket, Andy, you name it...it works. Just make sure you die NEAR the quest or boss and u'll be good to go.

I am now the suicide king after a few "accidental" lvls Rolling Eyes

Also, as posted in stickys before (don't remember which ones) act3quest1 is eziest with a hi lvl person that does not have quest. get figurine then leave game. Summon necro works great for this. I have a necro that doesn't ahve any potion qeusts on any diff lvl...he is mycow maker and potion qeust getter... Laughing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: NM hell rushin chars  

wfg-dude wrote:
Something else useful for NOT leveling but still getting the quests:

Suicide yourself near the monster being killed or quest needed. IE:
trav can easily level u if your not careful. So run like mad or have frnd tp in middle of council...die on purpose and after death DO NOT HIT ESC until after your friend kills everything. This works with everything including rada, D, socket, Andy, you name it...it works. Just make sure you die NEAR the quest or boss and u'll be good to go.

I am now the suicide king after a few "accidental" lvls Rolling Eyes

Also, as posted in stickys before (don't remember which ones) act3quest1 is eziest with a hi lvl person that does not have quest. get figurine then leave game. Summon necro works great for this. I have a necro that doesn't ahve any potion qeusts on any diff lvl...he is mycow maker and potion qeust getter... Laughing

or simply level up after the rush.

NuB

BNet Acct/Realm: a[noob2] EuropeSCNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject:  

quite an old post but I'll have my say anyway...

If you feel the need for a full glitch rush on your lld - why not just catch up on den quest when char is finished :S

Not sure about a lvl 9, but my lvl 15 tiger can tear it's way through a few carvers Wink and IMOHO she no better than a good lvl9

then stick the missing 1-2 points in your spare skills Wink

job done

NuB
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject:  

the best way to complete the NM and Hell den quests is to get to level 9, make sure you are no where near to leveling to level 10 (get killed repeatedly and dont claim your body, then rejoin the game, if you are) gear up, and then have a friend enchant you (for the ar boost) and then kill a zombie (since you are enchanted, you wont be able to kill fallens).

the main concern when trying to kill monsters in NM/hell with a lvl 9 is ar and life. more often than not, youll get killed in 1 to 2 hits, if you dont have either high enough to finish the monster off first.

as for a level 15 to a level 9. theres a big difference. mainly, chance to hit. it is clvl based, so a lvl 15 has a higher chance to land that hit than a level 9.

Page 1 of 2 [21 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: