LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu May 09, 2024 12:23 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Is killing spirits BM??
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 4 of 16 [234 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ..., 14, 15, 16 Next

Is killing spirits BM???
Yes
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
No
85%
 85%  [ 40 ]
Total Votes : 47

Meegz ?

BNet Acct/Realm: *meegz @ east ladder
39.74 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:13 am    Post subject:  

Ok, so for example if somone uses holy freeze (from doom or hard points), lifetap, and bone armor on a smiter to duel another smiter or a ww barb and the other person asks them not to use any of those 3 things, does ignoring the person's request still stand as gm? Imho, it doesn't. If someone asks you in a gm duel to not use/do something they consider bm (within reason) then you either abide by it or expect to be bm'd. Thats why in GM MELEE DUELS you do not purposefully attack someones spirit. It's also why in the FuryPK stuff (hld fury druids) torches are bm, because the firestorm kills the spirits. Druids rely on those summons 90% of the time to have a chance of winning. If someone asks you do not kill it, don't expect a gm duel if you continue to kill the spirit.
Napalm loves the little children of the world.
Sad

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject:  

I dont see killing spirits as bm. in this case, as stated already. Iowa had a chance to get free hits on fudge or attack his spirit as well, but instead he decided not to do either. and from my experience with melee druids, HoW is more for the boost of AR than anything else. the dmg bonus is not that significant. and in a maul vs. maul (when both are offensive builds and not defensive) then it shouldnt matter all that much.

Oaks and HoW are SUMMONS similar to that of wolves or a bear. saying that killing oak is bm is like going to a hld caster duel in which a windy druid is surrounded by wolves. and killing his wolves off before you attack him. It is something that helps them out.

@roy:
walking to recast and walking the same distance to kill a spirit wouldnt be that much different. spirits dont fly to far from the druid. besides, going out of the way to kill a spirit leaves you quite vulnerable for several attacks.

GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject:  

.I.O.W.A. wrote:
Well, Fudge went out of his way to kill my spirit, it was maul Vs maul. Killing my HOW would just make it a spirit killing war. With my lvl 30 fury druid if I'm dueling Fury Vs Fury then the HoW dieing is the risk you take no harm to foul. But for him to run and kill my HOW in a maul Vs maul duel that meant he had an intention of killing my HOW, I have always considered intentional killing of the spirit BM, I mean don't druids have it hard enough as it is?

you told me it was bm of my rager killing your fury's sage...

and rory not many people where we duel pay attention to those "rules".
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject:  

Many people use mana pots in duels too - that doesn't mean it's GM.

yarly
BloodRose

BNet Acct/Realm: *Ghettoboyjmb
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject:  

killing spirits and killing wolves are 2 different thing for one spirits dont fight back -.- and wolves will also...

on roy's note im agianst using mana potions (pub,arena) all together it makes my char look weak

Thc-Matt

BNet Acct/Realm: *xzerox7 east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject:  

how much effort does it take to cast a spirit? Confused its not bm
BloodRose

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject:  

but the mana cost will kill you since mele chars have relatively low mana the average spirit costs 18 mana

Thc-Matt

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject:  

well i was thinking casters spirit but if it was melee i would think its bm to me

it just depends on what char has the spirit
Clops

BNet Acct/Realm: East Non-ladder only: sir_cyclops
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject:  

Ehhh wrote:
I don't see why it's BM to do it. Do it back to them if you think it gives them such an advantage. I'll usually make an effort to kill it if it floats into my range. No one has yet to complain.

What happens when the spirit happens to float into an auto aim multi hit attack such as fury or zeal?

then they make u rebuild your character doing a different attack DUH!!!

after that they refuse to duel cuz u r BM

or they can request that u do a less dmging attack that dont kill their spirit

LOL wow its not bm
BloodRose

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject:  

ya but in a melevsmele duel it should be bm

melevs cast that cannot be helped

mele vs ranged really cant be helped either

Thc-Matt

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject:  

no one really complains when i do it but for druid vs druid then it should be a bm
Bountiehunter

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject:  

Meegz ? wrote:
Ok, so for example if somone uses holy freeze (from doom or hard points), lifetap, and bone armor on a smiter to duel another smiter or a ww barb and the other person asks them not to use any of those 3 things, does ignoring the person's request still stand as gm? Imho, it doesn't. If someone asks you in a gm duel to not use/do something they consider bm (within reason) then you either abide by it or expect to be bm'd. Thats why in GM MELEE DUELS you do not purposefully attack someones spirit. It's also why in the FuryPK stuff (hld fury druids) torches are bm, because the firestorm kills the spirits. Druids rely on those summons 90% of the time to have a chance of winning. If someone asks you do not kill it, don't expect a gm duel if you continue to kill the spirit.

hold on hold on.... arnt Holy Freeze Life tap etc already considered bm so what does that have to do with killing a spirit ? i thought thats what we were here to decide. You cant compare the 2

@Us West - Bountiehunter <-> Bountiehunter13 mostly on 9 Wink
Educated

BNet Acct/Realm: West, NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject:  

Bloodrose wrote:

Why?

Why would killing a spirit be considered bm?
Its like asking a barb not to do BO.
What is the purpose of a duel? to decide which char is stronger correct?
then why would you not kill something that makes your opponet weaker?If you attack something that can be attack its fair game.
Using common sense wile dueling is part of dueling.
Killing spirits is not bm...
Doing BO is not bm.
etc. theres a counter vs. everything, deal with it.

sir_Cyclops wrote:
omg, if you say its bm your crazy, i mean it gives the other guy an advantage to attack you, why would it be bm?

Very true.
it's a double edged sword. you attack their spirit, they attack you. thats a few seconds where your just wailing on the guy hitting your spirit.
Also u can recast a spirit. >.>

.I.O.W.A. wrote:
Well, Fudge went out of his way to kill my spirit, it was maul Vs maul. Killing my HOW would just make it a spirit killing war. With my lvl 30 fury druid if I'm dueling Fury Vs Fury then the HoW dieing is the risk you take no harm to foul. But for him to run and kill my HOW in a maul Vs maul duel that meant he had an intention of killing my HOW, I have always considered intentional killing of the spirit BM, I mean don't druids have it hard enough as it is?

Very observant he was infact going for your spirit. and what did u do during this time? attack him while not being attack? Attack his spirit to level the playing field? or stand there and do nothing. if you didnt use that to your advantage its your fault. (idiot)

FUDGEsicle wrote:
not neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerd pie

FudGe

BNet Acct/Realm: *MaStEr_FuDgE, jacquesstrap on D2JSP
2.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject:  

Educated wrote:
Bloodrose wrote:

Why?

Why would killing a spirit be considered bm?
Its like asking a barb not to do BO.
What is the purpose of a duel? to decide which char is stronger correct?
then why would you not kill something that makes your opponet weaker?If you attack something that can be attack its fair game.
Using common sense wile dueling is part of dueling.
Killing spirits is not bm...
Doing BO is not bm.
etc. theres a counter vs. everything, deal with it.

sir_Cyclops wrote:
omg, if you say its bm your crazy, i mean it gives the other guy an advantage to attack you, why would it be bm?

Very true.
it's a double edged sword. you attack their spirit, they attack you. thats a few seconds where your just wailing on the guy hitting your spirit.
Also u can recast a spirit. >.>

.I.O.W.A. wrote:

Very observant he was infact going for your spirit. and what did u do during this time? attack him while not being attack? Attack his spirit to level the playing field? or stand there and do nothing. if you didnt use that to your advantage its your fault. (idiot)

He did nutin, just bitched at me and refused to finish the duel.

Educated

BNet Acct/Realm: West, NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject:  

Sounds like a QQ to me.

FUDGEsicle wrote:
not neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerd pie

Page 4 of 16 [234 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ..., 14, 15, 16 Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: