LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:58 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Is killing spirits BM??
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 3 of 16 [234 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 14, 15, 16 Next

Is killing spirits BM???
Yes
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
No
85%
 85%  [ 40 ]
Total Votes : 47

Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject:  

diet_sushi wrote:
Its not BM... zzz

If the spirit is way out there in the field I never go for it since the opponent is going to get some free hits while I go for the spirit, but if its close enough to me or in my way I ALWAYS attack/kill it.

BTW there aren't any REAL set GM rules that everyone follows its just all opinion but basic rules everyone agrees with are no tap/juv/healing/slow/3rd party programs except MH/mass sorb I may have forgotten some other things but to me EVERYTHING else is free game.

lots of smiters think lifetap is gm just because they're too shitty to win without their exile and dracs. and i dueled another smiter who felt holy freeze was gm even though doom was bm, just because his smiter actually had a point in holy freeze. that makes as much sense as a necro using decrep being gm, but a decrep wand is bm. anyway... people always go out of their way to get my oak on my fissure druid (especially those damn hdins) and it is a pain in the ass because they're so fast, but not much i can do. often they kill my spirit while still invisible so that at least tells me where they are. my vote still says gm

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
food-ranger

BNet Acct/Realm: The.Dragon@useast
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject:  

Meegz ? wrote:
FudGe wrote:
a spirit is a summon.

say you were fighting a summoner, would killing all of his summons be BM?

No, because it benefits them in the duel.

Any spirit will also give a benefit. Why would you want to keep something alive that could potentially let the other person win the duel??

well, considering that the summons are what do the damage, then i would say go for it, since the nec is just decrep/amp/im'ing you. the spirit just sits there...

and to use the same logic as you, why even say go? if they know when you're going to attack, then you lose an advantage that may let you win the duel. why let them get their body back after you beat them? their gear might give them an advantage that lets them beat you...

that logic is totally faulty. when you are 'gm' dueling, you respect the other person's requests, or it becomes bm. ezpie.

Well your logic is faulty, you can't win a duel unless you start a duel. Ex. Saying "go."

Killing someones sage in a melee duel isnt BM as long as you kill it with a melee attack, this gives the oponent time to deliver damage to you, or even recast the sage before you can kill it.

.I.O.W.A.

BNet Acct/Realm: I'm Back.
0.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject:  

Well, Fudge went out of his way to kill my spirit, it was maul Vs maul. Killing my HOW would just make it a spirit killing war. With my lvl 30 fury druid if I'm dueling Fury Vs Fury then the HoW dieing is the risk you take no harm to foul. But for him to run and kill my HOW in a maul Vs maul duel that meant he had an intention of killing my HOW, I have always considered intentional killing of the spirit BM, I mean don't druids have it hard enough as it is?

BloodRose

BNet Acct/Realm: *Ghettoboyjmb
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject:  

ehhhkilling spirits should be bm in most cases but in some ways it cant be helped for instinence druid vs bone nec or hmdin they cant help them selves there just spamming away i think we should making killing spirits bm in any mele vs mele duel

.I.O.W.A.

0.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject:  

I have never called BM Vs. any caster they can't help that and I don't blame them.

Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject:  

casters usually go out of their way to kill my sage, for example hdins charge into it often, or charge next to it and hammer it. it bugs me, but i dont think its bm

Clops

BNet Acct/Realm: East Non-ladder only: sir_cyclops
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject:  

omg, if you say its bm your crazy, i mean it gives the other guy an advantage to attack you, why would it be bm?
.I.O.W.A.

0.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject:  

sir_cyclops wrote:
omg, if you say its bm your crazy, i mean it gives the other guy an advantage to attack you, why would it be bm?

Becuase a HOW is usualy a one swing kill. And it is a big source of damage for fury druids.

Clops

BNet Acct/Realm: East Non-ladder only: sir_cyclops
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject:  

if he attacks urs attack his
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject:  

or if you see him going for it, just recast it behind you and attack him

FudGe

BNet Acct/Realm: *MaStEr_FuDgE, jacquesstrap on D2JSP
2.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject:  

.I.O.W.A. wrote:
Well, Fudge went out of his way to kill my spirit, it was maul Vs maul. Killing my HOW would just make it a spirit killing war. With my lvl 30 fury druid if I'm dueling Fury Vs Fury then the HoW dieing is the risk you take no harm to foul. But for him to run and kill my HOW in a maul Vs maul duel that meant he had an intention of killing my HOW, I have always considered intentional killing of the spirit BM, I mean don't druids have it hard enough as it is?

attack mine too, mine is a 1 hit kill as well.......me attacking your HoW gives YOU an advantage unless you were too dense to notice. You are able to get like 2-3 free hits off on me while im doing this.

If you honestly think this is BM then you are rather dumb.........looks like everyone agrees with me.

Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject:  

If he is willing to sacrifice getting hit to kill your sage that is on him. It is definately not bm.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject:  

Let me just post the rules for Melee dueling:
Quote:
-MELEE: Toe to Toe dueling. No running is allowed. Duelers may only step away a couple steps to recast Amp, Bone Armor (limited to once per duel), Shout, Inner Sight, BoS, Oak Sage or any other character ability allowed within the rules.

Running over to kill a spirit seems to be against the rules to me - it's one thing if the spirit drifts over and takes damage, but it's completely different to target the HoW in a GM melee duel. I think under those circumstances, it's BM.

yarly
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject:  

edit the post, make it a poll. its clearly the only way to settle this life-altering matter.

to address your point roy, since it clearly says you're allowed to walk away to recast the spirit, i think its saying its allowed to be killed. its not really that clear just from that quote though.

Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject:  

To the contrary - spirits drift around, and if it gets to close to a zealer, the spirit's going to be killed. At that point, you would need to recast.

Melee dueling is supposed to be toe-to-toe, stand and click, see which character is stronger. It's not supposed to involve chasing down each other's spirits. I think Iowa's point is that since both chars use HoW, they should duel each other to determine which char is stronger. Running away from the melee (even if it's to target the spirit) defeats the purpose of a melee duel.

Of course, that's why I prefer Open dueling myself - I like the strategy of killing spirits, and I wouldn't hesitate to do so.

yarly
Page 3 of 16 [234 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 14, 15, 16 Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: