LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:36 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Is killing spirits BM??
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 16 of 16 [234 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 14, 15, 16

Is killing spirits BM???
Yes
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
No
85%
 85%  [ 40 ]
Total Votes : 47

Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject:  

Try posting the full quote, Break:

Quote:
Though I voted "No", I must admit rjg certainly has the upper hand in regards to LLD101 duels.

But yes, I do agree that SS voted "No." I'm not going to argue that he voted "Yes."

However, unlike most of the participants in this dialogue, SS evaluates the nuances of the GM/BM discussion, and I agree with him entirely.

Curse your DVD drive KC - but should it ever start working again, my offer still stands...

Plus you wouldn't just get my account, you'd also get access to Hipii! Come on, you can't say no to that lovable ball of fur.

yarly
Hades

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject:  

breakbeatz2 wrote:

People who posted that killing spirits is BM:

rjg, iowa, Meegz, Bloodrose, Weaj, dsm-hades

I voted No, and will probably continue to say no that it isn't BM in general. Only in certain situations might it be considered possibly bm.
Clops

BNet Acct/Realm: East Non-ladder only: sir_cyclops
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject:  

wow the ratio diminishes more, what was that u said bout its was half and half rjg
breakbeatz2
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
Though I voted "No", I must admit rjg certainly has the upper hand in regards to LLD101 duels.

Luckily this poll is not about whether or not killing spirits is allowable under LLD101 rules. The poll is on whether killing spirits is BM. I couldn't care less whether kom thinks you have the upper hand in regards to LLD101 duels.

LLD101 has a lot of archaic rules left over from 76 legit days. Remember how hard it was for us to convince Knarl to let us Hell rush our level 30s? It's also proving quite hard to convince him that teleport isn't overpowered despite all of us Easties using it for years and finding it well balanced with other level 30 skills. LLD101 only determines what is BM/GM in the arena. The players decide the rest.

If you agree with everything kom posted then you agree with a "no" vote in this poll.
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
If you agree with everything kom posted then you agree with a "no" vote in this poll.

Actually, you're missing KC's point. He stated that while he voted no:

Quote:
In my eyes, prohibiting it is a bit severe. I proudly bear the philosophy of a reductionist in this, and most, situations. Leave it open to the duelers, and they can figure it out. What's BM is first scoffing at another player for his thoughts on the matter, which first Fudge is guilty of, and then IOWA.

If you read carefully, Breakbeatz, you'd see I've made this same point about four pages ago. Oh yeah, you'd also see that I voted "No" in the poll because killing spirits is not BM as a general rule.

Fact remains, when Fudge ignored Iowa's request not to attack his spirit, that's typical BM behavior. The two duelers agree to terms, and for Fudge to state that "I will keep attacking spirits regardless" is highly BM.

Quote:
Luckily this poll is not about whether or not killing spirits is allowable under LLD101 rules. The poll is on whether killing spirits is BM. I couldn't care less whether kom thinks you have the upper hand in regards to LLD101 duels.

Funny that you should say this:
Quote:
Well since the LLD101 rules clearly allow the killing of spirits, your argument makes no sense.

Which is it? LLD101 does or doesn't allow the killing of spirits? Your contradictions are confusing me.

yarly
breakbeatz2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
Fact remains, when Fudge ignored Iowa's request not to attack his spirit, that's typical BM behavior. The two duelers agree to terms, and for Fudge to state that "I will keep attacking spirits regardless" is highly BM.

The two duelers didn't agree to terms. Iowa wanted fudge to duel under his rules, and Fudge didn't want to. Therefore anything goes. Similarly, most HLD pubs these days think you are supposed to tank their smiter with a sorc, or ww directly through their hamerdin with a BVC. It's not BM when you don't agree to the ridiculous terms they created for the duel.

Quote:

Well since the LLD101 rules clearly allow the killing of spirits, your argument makes no sense.

Both statements are true, the second one is just irrelevent to the argument. Again, you fail to understand that these two statements are not mutually exclusive. It's been common mistake of yours.
GODZ!

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject:  

Roy wrote:
Last I checked, Knarl didn't write the rules. These were adapted from 76 Legit and PvP West?

you have no idea about the 76 legit rules nor the oldstyle dueling. If you did you wouldn't even try saying that. i can't say anything bout pvp west though, i have no idea.

also roy. you wanted to see a rule where it says spirit killing in melee duels is OK *thumbs up face*, well i put it in the rule suggestion place and im pretty sure the majority is OK with it.

Lastly, 101 rules are set by the 101 members, and it only is ruled if it is a majority vote. Not by knarl, not by rjg, or any single person with power on this site, so ignore that thread if u want but im sure it shows what the general acceptance should be, inturn showing what the rule should be.

finisher- i hate rules, i think they suck and make dueling worse, but i had to do it.
SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject:  

I give up. I have no power to placate feuds that stretch far into the abyss of the now defunct Fire Pit.

Battle on.

Props to Mark Owens for the sig. My firstborn baby squirrel will be sacrificed in your honor. Wink
Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject:  

My opinions about this subject are as follows:

-I don't consider it BM to kill spirits. If both parties mutually agree beforehand to not kill spirits, that's a different story. But there is no clear-cut rule saying that it is or isn't BM to kill spirits, so I made one that makes sense.

"Castable minions (spirits, valks, shadow warrior/masters, etc..) are allowed to be intentionally attacked at any time at the start of or during a duel."

This is the new rule for ARENA, and I will find a place for it somewhere in the LLD101 rules as well, so that there is no confusion.

And to the five of you who felt it your duty to express your distaste of Roy to me via PM (3 of which came within half an hour of each other...gee, interesting coincidence), realize that him expressing his opinion and arguing against you for his own opinion as he did in this thread is perfectly acceptable.

I personally think the #1 thing wrong with LLD101 right now is the way people will complain about the slightest thing now. A mod has the right to argue just like everyone else. It's obvious to me that you 5 don't like him, and I find your behavior reprehensible that you would all pm me complaining about him over him arguing his opinion against yours. This vendetta against Roy is getting to be ridiculous, and I'm going to do what I can to rectify it.

If Roy is breaking a rule, then by all means let me know. But if he is arguing for what he believes in, it is not fair for anyone to say he is being a bad mod for that. Each and every one of you argue for what you believe in, and you would think it a great injustice if someone said you aren't allowed to argue for what you believe in. So give Roy the same respect you would expect for yourselves.

Page 16 of 16 [234 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 14, 15, 16
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: