LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:27 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Is killing spirits BM??
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 14 of 16 [234 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 Next

Is killing spirits BM???
Yes
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
No
85%
 85%  [ 40 ]
Total Votes : 47

breakbeatz2
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject:  

He's just so scared of iowa that he needs to cheat is why.
Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject:  

Why would you need 2 recast it if you arent allowed 2 kill it? Spirits arent but 2 feet away, and taking a few steps is not running.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Clops

BNet Acct/Realm: East Non-ladder only: sir_cyclops
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject:  

Imp wrote:
Why would you need 2 recast it if you arent allowed 2 kill it? Spirits arent but 2 feet away, and taking a few steps is not running.

yes i didnt notice til u pointed it out, it says to recast spirit, that is clearly saying that u can attack it b/c otherwise there would be no need
lld_newb

BNet Acct/Realm: Deserves a spam section.
70.13 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject:  

this shudnt be BM, and if it is, what if you do it on accident? 1 good ranged ww would kill it, cuz it is always close, and if you do kill it, would the duel have to restart?

Jukie

BNet Acct/Realm: Boston, MA. East[NL] /w *Pseudo.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject:  

i vote no, i always vote smart Smile

************Signature Courtesy Of Dave************

ThatGuy

BNet Acct/Realm: MONTREAL YAA! Quit d2
5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject:  

Okay Roy, you used the poll to defeat their claims, so by your logic, I'll use the poll to defeat yours.

I mean, come on, 38 to 6? That's a ridiculous majority. I don't play Diablo 2 anymore to have to concern myself about this, but this is just getting so stupid.

I voted no, by the way, due to my past dueling experience and the arguments laid out before me.

Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject:  

ThatGuy, I haven't used the poll to defeat their claims. If you read my arguments, I've stated repeatedly that LLD101 rules trump polls regarding dueling etiquette. Classic example: mana potting.

Based on how the LLD101 Melee rules are currently worded, I consider it BM to attack spirits in melee dueling. The second that the LLD101 rules are updated to state that killing spirits is fine, I will consider it perfectly acceptable.

Quite simple really.

Quote:

Spirits drift around. A zealot or fury druid might just kill the spirit accidentally. At this point, the duelist may need to take a step back, recast the spirit, and then continue the duel.

You're making up a tangent and ignoring the situation at hand. Maul doesn't accidentally strike adjacent targets. When Iowa said go, Fudge chased down Iowa's spirit to charge up Maul. There was nothing accidental about it, and Fudge admitted that he did it on purpose and repeatedly.

Clearly BM.

Quote:
this shudnt be BM, and if it is, what if you do it on accident? 1 good ranged ww would kill it, cuz it is always close, and if you do kill it, would the duel have to restart?

And this is EXACTLY why the poll numbers are meaningless - ill-informed opinions such as this one. Again, killing spirits as a general rule is not BM - in open/ranged/caster duels, it usually cannot be avoided. lld_newb, have you even read the arguments here?

Of course, no one here is arguing that accidentally killing spirits is BM. The issue at hand is whether intentionally targeting the spirit during a melee duel using a skill that doesn't accidentally strike adjacent targets. Based on the LLD101 melee rules, which state that melee dueling remain toe-to-toe and that no running is allowed, Fudge's own admission that he chased down Iowa's spirit to charge up his Maul during a melee duel indicates that he broke the rules.

Clearly BM.

yarly
Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject:  

Yet again, I will state (and I'm sure again, you will ignore)...
You claim that it is perfectly GM for a melee duelist to take a few steps away to recast his spirit should it be (intentionally or not) killed. Yet you also claim that a melee duelist who takes a few steps away at the start of the duel to attack the spirit is being blatantly BM.
Explain your reasoning, please.
Also, there's no rule saying that you can't kill spirits in a melee duel on this site. You cling to closely to the rules in your arguements... "The second that the LLD101 rules are updated to state that killing spirits is fine, I will consider it perfectly acceptable."
Why would there have to be a rule stating that it is allowed? There can't be a rule stating every single acceptable situation. The rules don't say anything about even casting spirits in the first place, so how can you be so sure druids are even allowed to cast spirits, by your logic? I know that you're not one to admit defeat, and this will become a 10,000 page thread before you give in, but how about at least trying to admit you're wrong for once so that maybe some decent people can start respecting you.
ubermoose
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: Europe
3.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject:  

BM and GM is something the 2 duelers should agree on before the duel. If you dont like having your spirit killed, tell the other person you think its BM if they continue to kill it on purpose, then it is a BM duel.

I personally have no problem with killing others' spirits or having mine killed. However, if they complain about me killing theirs then there are 2 options; Dont duel me, or, put up with it and we can go as bad mannered as you want:)
breakbeatz2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:46 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
If you read my arguments, I've stated repeatedly that LLD101 rules trump polls regarding dueling etiquette. Classic example: mana potting.

Well since the LLD101 rules clearly allow the killing of spirits, your argument makes no sense.

Besides, you're just plain wrong anyway. Mana potting isn't BM. It's BM in a LLD101 duel where it is forbidden. It's obviously not BM on my server where every single player uses them and considers them an essential part of GM dueling. Knarl's opinion doesn't supersede my whole server. Neither does yours.

Please stop insulting the population of LLD101 by saying things like "the poll numbers are meaningless." Seriously rjg, it's 38-6 - you're really going to keep trying?
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
Well since the LLD101 rules clearly allow the killing of spirits, your argument makes no sense.

Clearly they don't. Please quote the rule stating that killing spirits is acceptable in GM melee. It doesn't exist.

However, chasing down Iowa's spirit does not mesh with the stated rules that melee dueling remain toe-to-toe, with no running allowed.

Clearly BM.

Quote:
Mana potting isn't BM.

Yes it is.

Quote:
It's obviously not BM on my server where every single player uses them and considers them an essential part of GM dueling.

Logical fallacy. Prove to me that every single player uses them.

Oh wait, I'm on East too, and I consider mana potting BM. Obviously not all players use them and consider them essential to GM.

Whereas you use logical fallacies to justify your point, I stand by LLD101 rules, supplemented by the rules of other GM PvP communities.

Quote:
Knarl's opinion doesn't supersede my whole server. Neither does yours.

Last I checked, Knarl didn't write the rules. These were adapted from 76 Legit and PvP West?

Again, show me a dueling community that states that killing spirits is GM in melee duels. Heck, show me a dueling community that states that mana potting is GM.

Just because a lot of pubs do something doesn't excuse you for the same behavior.

ubermoose wrote:
BM and GM is something the 2 duelers should agree on before the duel. If you dont like having your spirit killed, tell the other person you think its BM if they continue to kill it on purpose, then it is a BM duel.

I agree entirely, Ubermoose. I've made this point several times - if people would look at the screenshots, Iowa told Fudge that he considers killing spirits BM.

Fudge immediately threw a fit and posted the screenshots here, flaming and mocking Iowa. Furthermore, when Iowa asked him not to kill the spirit, Fudge started insulting Iowa for being too stupid to exploit this "tactical advantage."

And people consider this GM behavior? Hardly.

yarly
breakbeatz2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject:  

breakbeatz wrote:
Mana potting isn't BM. It's BM in a LLD101 duel where it is forbidden. It's obviously not BM on my server where every single player uses them and considers them an essential part of GM dueling. Knarl's opinion doesn't supersede my whole server. Neither does yours.

rjg wrote:
Yes it is.

Great explanation of why mama potting is BM. Thanks for the usual rjg-quality argument we have come to expect from you.

Quote:
Again, show me a dueling community that states that killing spirits is GM in melee duels.

LLD101 does with a 86% majority

Quote:
Heck, show me a dueling community that states that mana potting is GM.

Every HLD dueling community I have ever seen. Are you serious in thinking that mana pots are BM in all communites, or is that a joke?
Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject:  

Ignore my unbeatable posts more.

I want one of these mama pots break!
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject:  

Again, a majority of LLD101 members use mana pots. That doesn't justify it as GM. Do you really need an explanation why?

Well for starters, it completely ruins the dedicated LLD's who spend a fortune on Life/Mana charms. There's no point in upgrading your character when someone with 10k gold can match your mana pool.

It also tips the balance of LLD significantly. At the level 18 level, zealots only have enough mana for three or four charges at a time. Zealots that mana pot can exploit one of the strongest skills in the game without having to sacrifice Max Damage prefixes for Mana prefixes on their charms.

Do I really need to continue?

Quote:
Thanks for the usual rjg-quality argument we have come to expect from you.

And why is mana potting GM, Break? Because apparently "everyone" does it.

Thanks for the usual logical fallacies we have come to expect from you.

Quote:
Again, show me a dueling community that states that killing spirits is GM in melee duels.

Quote:
LLD101 does with a 86% majority

In ear_god's poll asking to allow Bone Prison, the vote tally was something like 14-2. So apparently BP is GM with a 87% majority?

Oh wait, BP is against the rules here. Just like chasing after spirits in melee duels.

yarly
breakbeatz2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
Again, a majority of LLD101 members use mana pots. That doesn't justify it as GM.

Of course it does.

Besides, killing a spirit is not only GM due to the overwhelming 86% vote, but also because it is GM according to LLD101s rules.

Quote:
In ear_god's poll asking to allow Bone Prison, the vote tally was something like 14-2. So apparently BP is GM with a 93% majority?

This is a complete fabrication. First of all, ear_god's poll addressed whether teleport, decrep, and bone prison should be allowed. If you read the responses, nearly everyone who posted in the thread thought that prison should be banned. Also, no one thought prison should be allowed vs. melee. However, since most people think teleport should be allowed, they voted in favor of it.

Second of all, the final vote wasn't 14-2, it was 17-8.

Please don't lie anymore.
Page 14 of 16 [234 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: