LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun May 19, 2024 9:34 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Is killing spirits BM??
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 12 of 16 [234 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 Next

Is killing spirits BM???
Yes
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
No
85%
 85%  [ 40 ]
Total Votes : 47

Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject:  

rjg how come you can just say that theres a site or 2 that say killing spirit is bm and automatically it means it's bm? that is pretty much the only arguement you have put forward here. you aren't making any points to support yourself, just saying plain out that it is bm just because a couple sites say so... well why isnt anyone defending fudge? iowa bm'd him by not killing his spirit. i read on a couple sites that if you don't kill the enemy spirit in maul vs maul then it's bm. fudge asked iowa to kill spirit and he didnt... this is ridiculous, how bm can you get iowa?
Clops

BNet Acct/Realm: East Non-ladder only: sir_cyclops
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject:  

GODZ! wrote:
careful imp, your dangerously close to making sense. any closer and you'll get a thin iced tag.

im still laughing harder than i have in weeks at this one, so true, so true

and the people who think its bm are getting so owned in this arguement

btw, can i see a s/s of IOWA saying "no killing spirits" before they dueled
GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject:  

there isn't one. he never said it.

Knarl wrote:
One person gets insulted, and whines, and no matter how stupid it is, if he's (or she's) a minority, they'll almost always get their way now.
Clops

BNet Acct/Realm: East Non-ladder only: sir_cyclops
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject:  

I agree.

IOWA,

WAI SO BM?

plz respect other duelers request when doing a gm duel
meitou

4.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject:  

There is only BM person, no BM skills or items in this game. After all skills and items don't have a manner, as pure computer generized data.
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
rjg how come you can just say that theres a site or 2 that say killing spirit is bm and automatically it means it's bm?

Gee, I don't know. By your logic, Cleg's Gloves must be GM. A site or two says that it's BM, but that doesn't mean anything.

Again, in GM duels, both parties agree to the stipulations beforehand. When someone asks you not to kill his spirit based on GM Melee duel etiquette, it's pretty BM to start attacking it and insult him for not doing the same.

Quote:
while were at it can u explain specifically why the first thread was closed?

Ask the mods of this section here. Although if I had to guess, it's because Fudge flame Iowa for no particular reason. Especially ironic given that Fudge BM'ed Iowa in the first place.

Quote:
Roy wrote:
just because a majority of people believe something doesn't make it true

thats the only way to agree if something is true. thats something your taught in basic philosophy.

Remember when everyone believed that the world is flat and the sun revolved around the earth?

Yeah, the world isn't flat, and the earth revolves around the sun.

Quote:
Be a noob all you want, Clegs wouldnt hurt any of my builds. The difference by your clegs and killing spirits, is 95%+ accepted that clegs is bm, and killing spirits is not.

Sure, call me a noob because you cannot refute my points. Majority opinion doesn't determine dueling etiquette (e.g. mana potting), and the opinions on killing spirits are far from unanimous (e.g. DTrades and other GM PvP Leagues).

Next time, Iowa should just slap on some Cleg's gloves, and we wouldn't need to have this discussion.

Quote:
That would be why you have a Thin Ice tag and I dont, because you cant argue without flaming.

Uhh, that's not true. It's because the profanity rules here are sometimes enforced.

Quote:
btw, can i see a s/s of IOWA saying "no killing spirits" before they dueled

Why don't you look at the screenshots in the first thread? Fudge attacks Iowa's spirit, and Iowa takes exception. The other LLD in the game agrees that attacking spirits is BM. Fudge then starts insulting Iowa and Gheed and anyone who disagrees.

Oh yeah, as an aside, Fudge also jumped the other LLD (Nikita) in the screenshot. Pinnacle of BM behavior.

The fact of the matter is that GM duels consist of both parties agreeing to terms beforehand and abiding by them. Since that's obviously not going to happen in this case, they should have just dropped all pretenses and had BM duels. Easy solution.

yarly
GODZ!

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject:  

no he didn't, you weren't there. don't talk like you know the situation.

k you say fudge flamed iowa in the first thread. explain where since there is no flaming done in those pictures. Also show me exactly where he flamed gheed too. me nor fudge never flamed anybody in those pictures. the only person who did was nikita and ...well that person doesn't count.

Last edited by GODZ! on Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject:  

I saw the screenshots, and the situation looks pretty clear to me.

Quote:
edit. also roy you havn't answered my request to explain why the thread was locked. and don't ask knarl to answer for your, i want your answer.

Before insulting me, try reading what I posted:

Quote:
Quote:
while were at it can u explain specifically why the first thread was closed?

Ask the mods of this section here. Although if I had to guess, it's because Fudge flamed Iowa for no particular reason. Especially ironic given that Fudge BM'ed Iowa in the first place.

yarly
GODZ!

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject:  

also, show me where i insulted you.
and like post said previous, show me where fudge insulted anybody. we just dissagreed. you take things out of context and change the topic, just like you did in our jsp pm's. which i have been meaning to ask you, why did you change the subject from my picture about how u used dupes to im still eraging bout fg.
Knarl wrote:
One person gets insulted, and whines, and no matter how stupid it is, if he's (or she's) a minority, they'll almost always get their way now.
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject:  

No idea why you're changing the subject. Let me know when you want to continue debating spirits.

yarly
TacoBell

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
Again, for the record - just because a majority of people believe something doesn't make it true.

That statement only applies to facts. We're talking about opinions here.

The only even remotely valid argument that Roy brought up doesn't even apply to pub games. Nobody agreed to any ruleset, and general consensus is that killing spirits isn't "bm." When general consensus shifts so that killing spirits is "bm" please tell me. As of right now, on this website, there are five people who think killing spirits is fine for every one person who thinks it's "bm"
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
Quote:
Again, for the record - just because a majority of people believe something doesn't make it true.

That statement only applies to facts. We're talking about opinions here.

A majority of people mana pot in duels. A majority of people steal gold. A majority of sorceresses teleport. A majority of necros use Bone Prison.

Does this mean that this behavior is GM? Of course not.

Take it one step further. A majority of people believe in the death penalty. A majority of people believe in euthenasia. A majority of people agreed with the war in Afghanistan.

Does this mean that these practices are morally justifiable? Of course not. There are a lot more factors in ethical questions than just pure majority opinion.

Quote:
The only even remotely valid argument that Roy brought up doesn't even apply to pub games.

This wasn't exactly a pub game - it was two LLD101 members who would presumably have a GM duel. I don't care if some pub doesn't respect dueling etiquette - however, I don't BM LLD101 members as a general principle. And if an LLD101 member asks me not to use Smite/Holy Freeze, or asks me not to wear Duskdeep, or asks me any other reasonable request, I respect their request in GM duels.

Last edited by Roy on Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject:  

i wish i could ask people not to wear hotspurs or hawkmail vs my druid and sorc respectively...

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject:  

30-6, I guess we can see which side has provided the better points so far.
And btw, your clegs arguement means nothing to me, because I do think clegs is GM. I consider every skill and every item in the game besides pots that can heal you, and shrines/wells or any type to be GM. Of course, I can't always duel the most fun way like I want to, or else people would complain all the time and I'd rather just avoid it. Doesn't mean I agree that it's all bm though.
breakbeatz2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
Remember when everyone believed that the world is flat and the sun revolved around the earth?

Yeah, the world isn't flat, and the earth revolves around the sun.

Do you even think about these analogies when you post them?

BM/GM is a matter of opinion, it's not a fact like the world being round. Therefore whatever the majority decides is the truth. And this poll isn't even close.
Page 12 of 16 [234 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: