LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:52 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » LLD PvP Section » Low Level Dueling
E/SC/NL: The Right Way To Play A Battle Royale
Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]  
Royale

BNet Acct/Realm: Battle_Royale, Battle-Royale (US East)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject:  E/SC/NL: The Right Way To Play A Battle Royale
Subject description: Series A and Series B

The rules following apply to all rounds of Battle Royale Series A and Series B:

Rule I. 8 LLD Participants from levels 27 to 30 (level 15-18 in Series B) in a pre-arranged private game, will declare mutual hostility and leave town one minute apart in the order they appear on the sign-up list.

Rule II. The game begins two minutes following the departure of the eighth participant. Any deaths prior to this time will be void and the player responsible for the death disqualified.

Rule III. There is a time limit (in this case, the time limit will be 30 minutes). When the time limit runs out, if there is no winner, everyone loses. The purpose of this time limit is to motivate the players to seek each other out, rather than having a prolonged run-away fest that lasts until everyone just leaves.

Rule IV. Games will be limited to a pre-arranged area (such as Act 2, Tombs) according to the series/round; any participant straying from the specified boundaries will be disqualified.

Rule V. Upon departure, no participant is permitted to use waypoints or return to town under any circumstances.

Rule VI. When you're dead, you stay dead, leave your corpse where you died and don't take anything from it. From this point, you may observe, take bets, cheerlead the remaining players or leave the game.

Rule VI. No in-game parties may be formed as this voids hostility and requires going back to town.

Rule VIII. Use of the following skills is prohibited: Slow Missile, Decrepify, Clay Golem, Holy Freeze, Bone Prison, also any item with Slows By % or chance to cast any of the aforementioned skills is prohibited as well.

Rule IX: The winner of a round in either series may not participate in any of the subsequent rounds using the same character with which he won, nor with the same build/gear under a different character name.

Rule X. Anything goes. This is the most important rule of Battle Royale. You can hide, you can hunt, you can kill, you can scavenge, you can backstab. You can die too, if you want. You can team up 7vs1, you can team up 4vs4, you can team up or go solo in any way you see fit. But at the end---ONLY ONE PLAYER REMAINING. You can farm potions (though you are not permitted to start with them), you can loot players corpses for their potions/gold, you can shrine and you can use the terrain to your advantage in any way you see fit. You must strive to be the last man standing by whatever means necessary in order to get that prize!

During the game I will be participating with my LLD and announcing the time remaining at each 5 minute interval, player?s deaths when they occur and time remaining at those points, and some other minor things. I know the time limit rule may seem to favor my own interests, but trust me when I say that my priority is to have a challenge and have some fun, not to preserve my characters.

Also, anyone who wins a character from either series will have to wait until the tournament is over to receive their prize, as I?d like to wrap it up all at once.

Lastly, I've decided to implement a new incentive rule. At the end of the tournament, the player who has the most kills in any round or series will recieve an amount of Sojs equivalent to the amount of players they killed when they set the record.

If you find any discrepancy in these rules and wish for me to clarify or amend it, please don?t hesitate to PM me regarding the issue!

Last edited by Royale on Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Clops

BNet Acct/Realm: East Non-ladder only: sir_cyclops
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject:  

im definately in both of them

level 18 - exposed

level 30 - cycloptical
.I.O.W.A.

BNet Acct/Realm: I'm Back.
0.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject:  

NO potions? mana or health?, I like to stack a ik belt full of the good stuff before a duel.

Royale

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject:  

You may not begin with any potions. You can find and use as many potions as you like though.
.I.O.W.A.

0.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject:  

Royale wrote:
You may not begin with any potions. You can find and use as many potions as you like though.

What about health? We can use those? If so I think I'm making a find potion barb Very Happy.

Royale

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject:  

Health potions are quite allowed as long as you find them yourself, and considering this takes place in Act 1 you'll need to stock up on a hell of a lot of minor potions to make much of a difference. Any potion you find is fair game, health, mana, rejuvination, thawing, antidote, etc. But it must drop off a monster you kill, find it in a chest or under a rock or whatever.
.I.O.W.A.

0.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject:  

What if someone concealed 16 full rejuves in a 4 row belt, and didn't tell anyone. what would be the penalty for said act if he or she won.

Royale

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject:  

You get disqualified if you infringe any rules, simple as that. I'll either give the character to the runner-up or organize another game to give away my character, and the player who broke the rules will be banned from the tournament. If he has won any characters prior to that, even legitamately, those wins will also be void and those characters will again go to the runner-up or be re-distributed somehow. Full Rejuvs, even Super Healing Potions, will be very easy to spot if they're used in a battle.
J.o.n

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast-NL: *New. (with period)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject:  

u should make a rule about no hiding for 30 minutes straight

*cough outlawhvn cough*

15 life/12 mana scs req lvl 24

/w *New. (with period)
Royale

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject:  

Eh don't worry this time Jon, from what I've gathered Outlaw won't likely be participating in this one or any subsequent ones. I feel the time limit rule has merits that outweigh that slim possibility of someone abusing it, so I'm going to retain it.
dragonfire_god

BNet Acct/Realm: US East NL SC
2.22 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject:  

I say we have everyone put up belts in a trade screen before they leave town to do away with the factor of hidden pots.
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Its Not The Strong Who Survive But The Survivors Who Are Strong.

The insanity of my sin bodes within.
J.o.n

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast-NL: *New. (with period)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject:  

Since the purpose of this time limit is to motivate the players to seek each other out, what if there's a player who doesnt have the intension of winning and wants to hide for the purpose of preventing people from winning?

*cough outlawhvn cough*

15 life/12 mana scs req lvl 24

/w *New. (with period)
Virtuous

BNet Acct/Realm: *Vanished
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject:  

dragonfire_god wrote:
I say we have everyone put up belts in a trade screen before they leave town to do away with the factor of hidden pots.

I strongly agree.

Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]  
 Forum index » LLD PvP Section » Low Level Dueling
Jump to: