LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:45 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Halo 2 End Results...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 5 of 7 [97 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
sPiN
The tool formerly known as Tool

BNet Acct/Realm: Quit D2.
22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject:  

Roy wrote:
Since I don't play Halo, I really can't offer my opinion. But please, let's try not to insult each other's preferences.

That's the first thing you've ever said that I agree with.

Vixen

BNet Acct/Realm: The 'Big Apple'
7.76 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject:  

Forgot who I was arguing with so....

What do you guys think about this:

If you cheat up to say level 37-39 and then play completely legit to 40+ is your level legit?

"Vixen's also the name of a reindeer"
sPiN
The tool formerly known as Tool

BNet Acct/Realm: Quit D2.
22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject:  

So basically you're asking, if you cheat are you legit? nopers!

Educated
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: West, NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject:  

I'd say thats more lazyness than cheating but yea u did cheat..

FUDGEsicle wrote:
not neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerd pie

Tric

BNet Acct/Realm: xxx_tric_xxx
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject:  

Vixen wrote:
What's your gamertag Tric?

I'm getting the feeling that the reason you hate dual wielders so much is because you have trouble killing them.

Middle range combat (i.e; BR, Carbine) is the same thing. Dodge and shoot trying to hit the other guy more than he hits you. You can't say it takes any more skill than dual wielding because the game is saturated with auto aim. Plus it is infinitely more difficult to get away from another dual wielder in a close quarters fight than it is to duck around something when you're losing a BR fight (to a guy halfway across the map).

They equal each other out.

#1. i hate dual weilding because it takes no skill and encourges people to newb charge rather than make accurate head shots.

#2. if you cant see a difference between dual weilding and middle range accuracy shooting than you are bad at halo, not worth my time, and your input should be disregarded by everyone.

IRT Ras

dual weilding is so bad because it encourages people to newb charge. although i dont expect you to understand, but people who are any good at the game find dual weilding to not be any fun, and especially unsatisfying.
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject:  

Tric wrote:
Vixen wrote:
What's your gamertag Tric?

I'm getting the feeling that the reason you hate dual wielders so much is because you have trouble killing them.

Middle range combat (i.e; BR, Carbine) is the same thing. Dodge and shoot trying to hit the other guy more than he hits you. You can't say it takes any more skill than dual wielding because the game is saturated with auto aim. Plus it is infinitely more difficult to get away from another dual wielder in a close quarters fight than it is to duck around something when you're losing a BR fight (to a guy halfway across the map).

They equal each other out.

#1. i hate dual weilding because it takes no skill and encourges people to newb charge rather than make accurate head shots.

#2. if you cant see a difference between dual weilding and middle range accuracy shooting than you are bad at halo, not worth my time, and your input should be disregarded by everyone.

IRT Ras

dual weilding is so bad because it encourages people to newb charge. although i dont expect you to understand, but people who are any good at the game find dual weilding to not be any fun, and especially unsatisfying.

I love you Tric.
Ras

BNet Acct/Realm: *Rasmaren / EscNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject:  

I am quite good at the game, albeit I do not use XBL, but I do play on the college network against some guys who do and I am even with them. When I am on fire I am better than they are and just run around with sniper and battle rifle.

Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject:  

Ras wrote:
I am quite good at the game, albeit I do not use XBL, but I do play on the college network against some guys who do and I am even with them. When I am on fire I am better than they are and just run around with sniper and battle rifle.

You can't judge how good you are by beating the few people around you.
Tric

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject:  

i used to play a good friend of mine at halo1. he'd beat me 50/50. but when i started playing xbc and learning SO much from other people, i could beat him 100% of the time, often with scores like 25-4
Ras

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject:  

I just said the guys I play against play XBL themselves. They are aorund level 30's and level 40's in some game types. And it's not a few people, there are about 50 people here at college who play Halo 2 regularly. But the guys that play on the network the most play XBL, as I said before, and they are quite good.

Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject:  

Ras wrote:
I just said the guys I play against play XBL themselves. They are aorund level 30's and level 40's in some game types. And it's not a few people, there are about 50 people here at college who play Halo 2 regularly. But the guys that play on the network the most play XBL, as I said before, and they are quite good.

50 is a small number when compared to XBL.

So... to reiterate, you can't judge how good you are when compared to a small number of people.
Tric

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject:  

RAS. do you know how to double shot? or how to short jump up a lift on midship?

a big part of being successful at halo2 comes from knowledge about how to exploit glitches. even if your aim is good you will still fall short if everything pulled on you is a surprise.
Ras

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject:  

Okay, you guys aren't fully reading my posts and are missing the point and haven't truly answered my initial question. I am not going to talk to someone who isn't full reading my posts.

Grim04 wrote:
Just like saying the way to beat sword is back pedaling.

Oh wait, except when the sword is right next to you...

That is YOUR fault that the person with the sword is right next to you, not Bungie's fault for supposedly unbalancing the game. Plenty of weapons beat the sword any day, but that isn't the point. The game is mainly about strategy, as I have said in my previous posts but you guys just glazed over it. If you let the guy with the newb combo tag you with the plasma pistol, that is your fault. If you let the guy with the sword surprise you by whipping it out and lunging at you, that is your fault for not preparing for that possibility. Your lack of strategy is not Bungie's fault or the kid who is using dual pistol's fault. It is your fault for not preparing and making a strategy to counter their weapon-choice.

Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject:  

Ras wrote:
Okay, you guys aren't fully reading my posts and are missing the point and haven't truly answered my initial question. I am not going to talk to someone who isn't full reading my posts.

Grim04 wrote:
Just like saying the way to beat sword is back pedaling.

Oh wait, except when the sword is right next to you...

That is YOUR fault that the person with the sword is right next to you, not Bungie's fault for supposedly unbalancing the game. Plenty of weapons beat the sword any day, but that isn't the point. The game is mainly about strategy, as I have said in my previous posts but you guys just glazed over it. If you let the guy with the newb combo tag you with the plasma pistol, that is your fault. If you let the guy with the sword surprise you by whipping it out and lunging at you, that is your fault for not preparing for that possibility. Your lack of strategy is not Bungie's fault or the kid who is using dual pistol's fault. It is your fault for not preparing and making a strategy to counter their weapon-choice.

Rolling Eyes

Yes, it is my fault when someone super bounces because I should have thought of that. Yes, it is my fault when someone whips around the corner with plasma rifle/smg and mows through 3 of my teammates without reloading. Yes, it is my fault when someone is camping with sword.

Your post made no sense. It is bungie's fault for not balancing the game.

I made the sword remark because you can say there are ways to beat any thing. Ways around sniping/sword/rocking/smg/melee/and grenades, and all of those lead down to one thing... predictability of your opponents. Guess what, if you can predict your opponents moves... then you don't play against enough people.

There is no point in arguing about anything to someone who doesn't play XBL. I'm now just going to start ignoring your posts, because you have no opinion and no room to talk.
Tric

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject:  

RAS

Halo2 is very unbalanced. the middle ranged weapon doesnt link close range and long range together. the br cnt kill quick enough to kill a shotgun or dual weildclose range. (4 bursts is extremly slow compared to 3 shots). It also is too inaccurate to shoot long range. It shouldnt be a matter of being prepared, it should be about the weapons being able to hold their own in certain situations. after halo1, it is absolutly disgusting that bungie could take a game that had the weapons balanced 100% and turn it into halo2 where next to nothing is balanced.

Halo2 is a big game of rock paper scissors. certain weapons will always trump others, and it doesnt have to be that way. Halo2 focuses too much on close range fighting which makes the sniper all the more overpowered. the br takes too long to kill which makes dual weilding and the sword overpowered. even middle/long range the br bullet spread is too much that it is ineffective at a certain range.

Sure, it might be my fault for walking around a corner and getting raped, but that is besides the point. bungie doesnt provide the right tool(s) to allow people to deal with all scenarios. when people have a weapon to deal with ALL close, middle and long range battles then everyone is on the same playing field. if people all have such a weapon that fills the above role, then it comes down to skill in how people use this weapon, and what weapon they choose to carry as their secondary.

Now, to address what you said above it being my fault for getting sworded or dual weilded, it all goes back to what is fun and what isnt. Even if my own carelessness gets me killed, it doesnt change the fact that the gameplay is bad and that the game is not fun.
Page 5 of 7 [97 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Jump to: