LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:48 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Halo 2 End Results...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 2 of 7 [97 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject:  

sPiN wrote:
So you're good because you can hold down one?

Not really, since I have to use grenades and melee when someone is dual wielding against me Rolling Eyes.

When you dual wield, you hold down both triggers. When single wielding, it takes skill to take down someone dual wielding.
sPiN
The tool formerly known as Tool

BNet Acct/Realm: Quit D2.
22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject:  

Yeah I'd probably have to agree, I hardly ever dual weild unless they use noob combo a lot, or whore the sword.

Outlawz

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject:  

sPiN wrote:
I didn't like halo 1, I liked halo 2 a lot more.

Jason, you only like halo 2 because you standby in it, btw nice UNLEGIT 34 in snipers <3
Vixen

BNet Acct/Realm: The 'Big Apple'
7.76 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject:  

Dual wielding takes just as much skill as using the BR. They are both for-instance based and both have their ups and downs.

It's not hard to; BXR a dual wielder, BXB one, or just grenade one.

"Vixen's also the name of a reindeer"
Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject:  

Vixen wrote:
Dual wielding takes just as much skill as using the BR. They are both for-instance based and both have their ups and downs.

It's not hard to; BXR a dual wielder, BXB one, or just grenade one.

Except when you don't have a BR, especially on maps when they are limited, a single SMG vs SMG/Plasma Rifle takes skill to win.
Vixen

7.76 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject:  

Even without a dual, you have many elements available to you.

Grenades, BXB, even the element of suprise. Well they take some amount of skill to master, they aren't that hard to use.

It all boils down to timing and strategy, if you rush a guy with a Brute PR/SMG with two Magnums you're boned but if you bash him once and he strats letting loose, you duck around that corner, hop for the damage bonus and to confuse him it's not difficult to take him out.

Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject:  

Vixen wrote:

Grenades, BXB, even the element of suprise. Well they take some amount of skill to master, they aren't that hard to use.

It all boils down to timing and strategy, if you rush a guy with a Brute PR/SMG with two Magnums you're boned but if you bash him once and he strats letting loose, you duck around that corner, hop for the damage bonus and to confuse him it's not difficult to take him out.

Except in close range without the element of surprise they'll simply mow through you, and with the normal plasma rifle they can go through 2-3 people without reloading Rolling Eyes. By BXB I'm assuming you mean double hit, hit/reload/hit?... except I refuse to do those kind of things.
Tric
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: xxx_tric_xxx
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject:  

Grim04 wrote:

By BXB I'm assuming you mean double hit, hit/reload/hit?... except I refuse to do those kind of things.

that's why you're bad.
Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject:  

tric-isHUGE wrote:
Grim04 wrote:

By BXB I'm assuming you mean double hit, hit/reload/hit?... except I refuse to do those kind of things.

that's why you're bad.

That goes along the same lines as super-lumping and using newb combo, so yes I refuse to do it. Good job I'm assuming I'm bad at Halo since I don't do any of the glitches, or anything which isn't fair.
Tric

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject:  

how is bxb unfair? its not like its any big secret. little glitches and stuff like that only enhance the game. superbouncing on the other hand is lame and shouldnt be considered a 'little glitch'

also, the fact that you call it newb combo is laughable. the object of the game is to kill your oponent, so you should use everything you can to your advantage.
Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject:  

tric-isHUGE wrote:
how is bxb unfair? its not like its any big secret. little glitches and stuff like that only enhance the game. superbouncing on the other hand is lame and shouldnt be considered a 'little glitch'

also, the fact that you call it newb combo is laughable. the object of the game is to kill your oponent, so you should use everything you can to your advantage.

Little glitches like that don't enhance the game. It just makes it annoying, just like ducking when going melee with someone.

Being really cheap isn't fun and ruins the gameplay for everyone.
Tric

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject:  

have you played halo1? you can time the powerups, backpack reload, a much quicker double melee than bxb, grenade almost any item to yourself from almost anywhere, quick camo, doubling up on powerups, spawning your teamates in certain locations based on where you stand..... you cant honestly tell me those glitches dont add a whole new layer to halo. you seriously dont know what you're talking about.

ducking when going to melee someone? oh please... i can imagine you playing halo right now. walking in the same paths over and over, only making 90 degree turns, and never EVER looking behind yourself.

you completly baffle me, but i'll let it go and say " to each their own "
Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject:  

tric-isHUGE wrote:
have you played halo1? you can time the powerups, backpack reload, a much quicker double melee than bxb, grenade almost any item to yourself from almost anywhere, quick camo, doubling up on powerups, spawning your teamates in certain locations based on where you stand..... you cant honestly tell me those glitches dont add a whole new layer to halo. you seriously dont know what you're talking about.

A new layer? By that you mean spawn-killing? Oh how fun.

If someone is going to drop to their knees and then hit me in the calf in the fight, they're being a little bitch... same way in Halo 2. Go ahead and assume all you want. I barely play Halo 2 anymore since the community has gone down hill. I'd rather play for fun and win, then do cheap tactics and win.
Tric

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject:  

Grim04 wrote:

A new layer? By that you mean spawn-killing? Oh how fun.

If someone is going to drop to their knees and then hit me in the calf in the fight, they're being a little bitch... same way in Halo 2. Go ahead and assume all you want. I barely play Halo 2 anymore since the community has gone down hill. I'd rather play for fun and win, then do cheap tactics and win.

how are they being a little bitch? if someone were to jump out from behind you and shoot you, do you try to do everything you can to stay alive? or do you do nothing but let yourself get killed? you are supposed to play to win; there is no honor in fighting fair. im sure you are quite boring to play.

and yes, the entire point of halo1 is to spawn kill. newbs cant see it that way because they refuse to play to win.
Vixen

7.76 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:46 am    Post subject:  

Grim04 wrote:
Vixen wrote:

Except in close range without the element of surprise they'll simply mow through you, and with the normal plasma rifle they can go through 2-3 people without reloading Rolling Eyes. By BXB I'm assuming you mean double hit, hit/reload/hit?... except I refuse to do those kind of things.

Well, not everything can be perfectly fair... don't get me wrong, I see what you're saying but it seems kind of like a for-instance situation. The same can go for the BR - if you're caught in the middle of Lockout with duals and there's a guy on the BR tower, chances are very good that you're fucked.

Basically there's always a time and a place for everything and everything (but the sword because it's homosexual) takes skill and timing to use. Dual wielding takes skill and it has a time and a place to be use just like anything else in the game (except for the sword, because it's homosexual). And that's not even getting into the different dual wielding combos and using them against another dual wielder..

I see what you mean about the glitch combo's don't really agree with it though. BXB, BXR, Doubleshotting, whatever helps me kill the other guy i'll use (as long as it isn't cheating). It's not an unfair advantage, everyone can use it. I kind of see it like a Tekken combo. Superjumping is different. It's okay to use it as a tactical advantage, but I run into too many situations where they use it just to hide, and that is fucking gay.

/rant

Page 2 of 7 [97 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Jump to: