LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 07, 2024 7:07 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Royale's Level 18 Trapper Build
Page 2 of 2 [17 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject:  

cant psychic hammer work for stunning? it does the same thing, but i think it only kb's about 1/3 of the time though...

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
Zeiris-lld

BNet Acct/Realm: siriez, siriez2, zeiris-lld, zeiris, zeiris1
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject:  

Insight gives 25 FCR, methinks. Or something low like that. I guess it would make an excellent fire trapper weapon, but you'd lose block/lots of FCR/CBF... At this point it'd require too much of a rebuild for me to consider :p

Imho, the key to a viable fire trapper is mana potting. Before you whine about it, I'd like to point out that you suggested an insight - compared to that, mana pots are nothing. You can run out of mana pots Very Happy

The key thing about mind blast, is it adds the same stun swirlies smite/shockwave/stun (barb skill) and I think maul add. When you've got those swirlies over your head, any damage taken (or damage taken but absorbed by whatever, even - I'm fairly sure ele-shielded druids are still stunned by WoF with those) forces a hit recovery animation, even if the damage wasn't 1/12th of your hp. (The german skill calculator on the german weapon speed calculator site shows the hidden knockback % for skills, methinks.)

Something important I recently realised about fire trappers, is that while wake of fire has a nextdelay of 4 frames fireblast doesn't. So while a mindblast-heavy stunlock sequence is effective (since MB always forces 'em into FHR) a mindblast/fireblast heavy stunlock sequence may be MORE effective since not only will it be faster (9 frame trap laying is easy) but it'll do a lot more damage too! Off-topic, I know, but it's good fire trapper knowledge Very Happy

(And I just realised why blade sentinel sucks so much more balls in practice than it does on paper. Turns out the thing has a 1 second nextdelay, no WONDER it never hits jack when you set it to patrol over a short distance....)

Retired: Haruspex (30/fissure) Kukamunga (30/hammerdin) Bungabunga (30/charge) NoPotsJustHax (30/regen/charge) AllMyShootings (30/enchant/bowmerc) CapnCapslock (27/mindblast/hammer) Salamander (19/fireball HC disposa-PK) ForgottenName (18/range 5 basher)
Equipped: leaper (14/doublethrow) Flayer (33/firetrapper)
Page 2 of 2 [17 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: