LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:23 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Royale's Level 18 Trapper Build
Page 1 of 2 [17 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Royale

BNet Acct/Realm: Battle_Royale, Battle-Royale (US East)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject:  Royale's Level 18 Trapper Build
Subject description: Feel free to comment/question/critique

Hello all! This is my first guide so, I apologize if it?s a little poorly set up, I just got the incentive lately to post some information about my level 18 Trapper and I figured this was the best format to do so Smile. Ever since I rebuilt my Trapper to level 18 from level 15 (and dramatically increased my success with her) I?ve been getting a lot more questions and comments and talked to several people who were considering building one of their own, so I?m hoping this will be of some help.

These are my current stats on my level 18:

Neither my resistance nor life are close to their full potential, I?m currently in the process of trading my level 15 charms for level 18 ones, meaning the highest small charm on her right now is a ten and the mana on the grand charms are in the low twenties. Rolling Eyes

Stats:

Anyway, to start, the stats on this character are relatively simple; in brackets are the stats after gear:

Strength ? 30 (30)
Dexterity ? 20* or 31 (46 or 57)
Vitality ? 99* or 110 (99 or 110)
Energy ? 25 (25)

*This depends on whether you wish to take advantage of a block shield to achieve 75% blocking, though generally I don?t find the need for it too often and if I were to rebuild I would allocate those points to Vitality.

Skills:

There are several approaches you can take towards skills, some that I haven?t tried myself yet, but that I think would be viable as well. My own setup, which I find most effective insofar; in brackets are the skills after gear:

Fireblast ? 18 (22)
Wake of Fire ? 7 (11)
Claw Mastery ? 1 (2)
Burst of Speed ? 1 (2) [4]
Claw Block ? 1 (2)
Psychic Hammer* ? 1 (2)

*Psychic Hammer can also be interchanged for Fade, depending on your playing style.

Gear:

Helmet-
Tarnhelm Skull Cap with PRuby, PSkull or PSapphire, reliable and easy to get, also adds to Claw Block and Burst of Speed
+1 Traps 2 Socket Circlet with PRubies, PSkulls or PSapphires, doubles your gem bonus, additional mods for this circlet would be 10% Faster Walk/Run, Life/Mana and Life Replenish

Armor-
Stealth Breast Plate, gives dexterity, mana regeneration, fast cast rate, fast hit recovery and fast walk/run (the latter being the main reason I picked this)
Angelic Armor with PRuby, PSkull or PSapphire, to gain 3 piece Angelic set bonus
3 Socket Breast Plate with PRubies, Pskulls or PSapphires

Primary Weapons-
+1 Traps, 2 Socket Blade Talons with Hel Runes, Blade Talons allow the fastest trap laying speed using Bloodfists and also get exactly 30 Strength with two hels, a great additional mod for these claws (though I?m not certain its possible) would be -30% Requirements, which would enable you to use stat/mana/life/dtm/-req jewels instead

Secondary Weapons-
+1 Shadow Disciplines, 1 Socket Wrist Blades with -15% Requirements Jewels
Maelstrom Wand with Bone Shield of Deflecting

Boots-
Cow King?s Heavy Boots
Treads of Cthon Chain Boots
20% Faster Walk/Run, 10% Faster Hit Recovery, +3 Dexterity, Dual Resist boots

Belt-
24% FHR, XX Life, X Life Replenish Belt, this is the one I currently use:

Lenmyo Sash
Death?s Sash (for Cannot Be Frozen or if you need them to reach fastest trap laying speed)

Gloves-
Bloodfist Heavy Gloves
Death?s Gloves (if you need them to reach fastest trap laying speed)

Rings-
Manald Heal Rings
Angelic Halo Ring (to gain 2/3 piece Angelics bonuses)
10% Faster Cast Rate, 30+ Mana Ring (for better Psychic Hammer casting or simply more mana)

Amulet-
+1 Traps, Life/Mana, Resist, Fast Cast Rate or Replenish Life Amulet, this is the one I currently use:

Angelic Wings Amulet (to gain 2/3 piece Angelics bonuses)
Eye of Elitch Amulet

Charms:

15 Life Small Charms
15 Life Small Charms with mana/resistance/defense
Life/Mana Grand Charms
Mana/Fast Walk Run Grand Charms
Mana/Fast Hit Recovery Grand Charms

If the fast walk/run on this build seems unnecessarily high I can assure that in many duels I?ve had so far I?ve needed every bit of it to employ my strategies in the most effective ways possible. High life replenish is also a key factor, and I favor it over solid life on this build as on all of my caster builds. Mana and regeneration are also quite necesssary as it can be very mana-intensive, especially if you intend to go straight for the kill.

Overview: Normally I don?t put forth a lot of ideas here but I did think it might be nice to introduce this relatively original build, and I?ve found a lot of fun and success with it personally. Despite terminally low resistance, defense and blocking I haven?t been beaten by another level 18 yet (PM me if you feel you can change that Wink ) and it was also quite cheap to make. Feel free to post any questions or comments on this build and if you want any additional information on strategies or other skill options (I?ve tested several) I?d be happy to provide advice via PM. Looking forward to feedback Smile.

SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject:    

Nice guide and some cool items, always glad to see an original character in what's been more or less a stagnant world for the past few years.

The duels must take forever and a day with your trapper, though, with WoF damage so low. Shocked Do you depend mostly on Fire Blast to kill your enemies?

Props to Mark Owens for the sig. My firstborn baby squirrel will be sacrificed in your honor. Wink
st-hearts

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject:  

Very nice write-up, Royale.

I remember building a level 20 Trapsin in 1.09 (or was it 1.10). I'd strongly suggest Psychic Hammer and Shadow Warrior for anyone wanting to build a level 18 Trapsin.

I've found that the knockback from PH, while it doesn't always work, helps in pushing your opponent into your WoF fields. Even better, because PH has such a large radius of effect, you can just spam their general area to hit them. Shadow Warrior helps a lot by spamming free PH for you and really, it's at the cost of maybe 3-4 damage.

SoaringSquirrel wrote:
The duels must take forever and a day with your trapper, though, with WoF damage so low.

Most people you face at level 18 aren't going to have maxed resistances. Plus, since WoF has such a tight damage range and fires so quickly, you're bound to get in at least 2 spikes.
Royale

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject:  

st-hearts wrote:
I remember building a level 20 Trapsin in 1.09 (or was it 1.10). I'd strongly suggest Psychic Hammer and Shadow Warrior for anyone wanting to build a level 18 Trapsin.

Yeah, I use Psychic Hammer though I find its not always that effective with a relatively low cast rate. Shadow Warrior was one of the alternatives I considered, but it wasn't the small loss of Wake of Fire damage that concerned me so much as the substantial loss in Fire Blast damage (around 40), and in most duels (especially versus 75 resist) Wake of Fire alone can only take you so far.

Last edited by Royale on Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Elusive

BNet Acct/Realm: *elusive-
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject:  

me and royale dueled fissure vs. wof and it was basically a draw after like 10 mins i had lost more hp but he had no mana =b. if i used replen setup it would never end!

i'd like to duel after a full setup is acquired by both of us (highly unlikely!)

but its a good build.
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject:  

How does it fare against Hotspurs? Seems like a solid build all around, but that +Max Fire Resist scares me.
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject:  

my lvl 30 fissure druid takes forever to kill my friend's lvl 9 smiter with spurs haha. i dont even wanna think how long it would take to kill someone while doing 200 dmg

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
Elusive

BNet Acct/Realm: *elusive-
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject:  

max fire resist (90%) would kill it like it would kill any other fire build at this level.

figure ~220 dmg
1/6th pvp dmg = 36.667 dmg
90% resist = 3.7 dmg
Royale

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject:  

Well, the way I've always viewed Hotspurs is that the user pretty much brings a deadlock upon himself by using them, losing that 30% fast walk/run, especially against my trapper who tops 100%, really nulls any melee character's chance of catching me and deters most casters' movement to the point where, ironically, they just end up hit by a lot more traps and a lot more fire blasts. It's not to say that hotspurs can really be beaten, because ultimately it nerfs any level 18 fire build, but if people are ridiculous enough to pull that on me I'll just go down in a blaze of sour grapes and deadlock the duel Razz

By the way Elusive, full setup isn't easy to get when you're outbidding me for all the decent charms Rolling Eyes

Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject:  

Well 3.7 dmg will take forever, but if you can out run, and cast without running out of mana, then eventually you will kill them.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject:  

Unless they also rely on Life Replenish. Then the duel will be a draw.
Royale

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject:  

Yeah, and considering all melee/ranged characters get 12 life replenish at level 18, and pretty much any smart caster is going to factor in at least 1 life replenish (because it does make all the difference, in my opinion) on their setup, it's hard to imagine taking down a hotspurs character with 800+ life and any replenish. I think it's fairly safe to say that anyone attempting to use hotspurs against this build pretty much faces an auto-tie Smile.
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject:  

Royale wrote:
Yeah, and considering all melee/ranged characters get 12 life replenish at level 18, and pretty much any smart caster is going to factor in at least 1 life replenish (because it does make all the difference, in my opinion) on their setup, it's hard to imagine taking down a hotspurs character with 800+ life and any replenish. I think it's fairly safe to say that anyone attempting to use hotspurs against this build pretty much faces an auto-tie Smile.

I dunno...my warjavs might put a dent in your chest assuming u stand still long enough to try to cast or throw something at me.

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Zeiris-lld

BNet Acct/Realm: siriez, siriez2, zeiris-lld, zeiris, zeiris1
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject:  

I have a 30 trapper that relies on mb stunlock - has anyone tried that at level 24? With decent charms it seems viable even that early.
Retired: Haruspex (30/fissure) Kukamunga (30/hammerdin) Bungabunga (30/charge) NoPotsJustHax (30/regen/charge) AllMyShootings (30/enchant/bowmerc) CapnCapslock (27/mindblast/hammer) Salamander (19/fireball HC disposa-PK) ForgottenName (18/range 5 basher)
Equipped: leaper (14/doublethrow) Flayer (33/firetrapper)
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject:  

Zeiris-lld wrote:
I have a 30 trapper that relies on mb stunlock - has anyone tried that at level 24? With decent charms it seems viable even that early.

Without insight I'd imagine it would be nearly impossible unless you don't want to recast your traps. MB sucks mana REALLY fast...especially when your trying to stunlock em near your traps. Insight also gives REALLY nice fcr to make stunlock more viable. I know you can use other items for mb spam but insight just pwns Twisted Evil

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Page 1 of 2 [17 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: