LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:22 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Somewhat of an FOHer guide by Jester, hope it helps Voices
Page 2 of 2 [28 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:49 pm    Post subject:  

Ptopaz = 40% light res in sheild (req 18 )
35% = ort rune in shield (req 21)
30% = ort rune in armor (req21)

but for weapons AND armor obviously a jewel would be better seeing as how u can get 30% (req 14!) Smile

or some nice 30% single res +suffix

miataspeeder

BNet Acct/Realm: Arkansas USEast NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject:  

Since you guys are picking on my FOH build, I will tell that I am in the process of making a new one. This one will use Blessed Hammers and FOH. I will not put any points in FOH are Conviction, I will just let my septer and plus skills do the damage. Someone may resit my lightning but I want to see them resit my hammers. By the way instead of you guys knick picking my build, why don't you answer Sokkerman's question about how to make his FOH Pally better like I did.
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject:  

Sokkerman wrote:
i have a FOH pally on ladder so i cant afford sojs, but i have lvl 9 FOH and lvl 6 conviction and it just doesnt seem to hurt other duelers enough, too much running and casting Crying or Very sad

1) u already helped him with a good post

2) hes got it right,, not enough dmg.. we all know the answer to that. opponent has lighting resistance, not enough skills, run out of mana, run away build

3) u never answered my question,, what do u do when we have 150% res?
whats your back up? what could work?

4) voiceslld regards your building as nice

5) no one has attacked your build really,
just the fact that the foh pally build (in general) can have its dmg lowered to 4.25% of its listed value

what would u suggest as the back up plan?

miataspeeder

BNet Acct/Realm: Arkansas USEast NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject:  

Well Jerkazoid I was thinking of using Blessed Hammers as my backup. I had asked Knarl and he told me this was the only other skill you could use with level 30 FOH pallies. When I rebuild my pally, I let you know how it turns out ok. I almost forgot Jerkazoid maybe you can answer this question for me. Does conviction help lower the magic resit of an opponent like the nerco's lower resit.
Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject:  

miataspeeder wrote:
Does conviction help lower the magic resit of an opponent like the nerco's lower resit.

It does not. Neither does lower resist anymore. That was changed with the patch. Now convict and LR only affect ele skills, not magic skills.

wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject:  

I asked questions on another sticky and did't get answers so I'll try this one. s2 solved the mana problem and saved pts into Meditation with "Insight"...regens mana at over 500%! That weapon on the switch along with charge will more than suffice for disappearing off your opponents screen.

Question: If I'm charging around casting at my opponent...is that BM for a LLD101 sanctioned duel?

Question: Will half freeze duration work or do I definately need CBF?

Question: I'm assuming main competition is fb sorc and other foh'er...any others I need to worry about? If I'm only dueling casters...I don't see the need for HS. If I'm dueling melee...definately holy shield!!! Taht would save a TON of pts into synergies I think.

Question: Now that mana is readily available...do u still suggest getting vigor as a skill? I also don't see too much need for frw charms since I can charge all day around the screen.

As a backup skill I could put pts into charge...because with Insight and the convict aura...my dmg would be pretty nice I'm thinking! Maybe even put a couple points into might aura since I may not need some of the others posted here over a year ago.

Another update to items for this build: Spirit Pally shield is almost mandatory for this build. 2 all skills/55 fhr/mana/life/and res!!!

I know pubby I will duel melee so may need HS. I could possibly also shop a 1-2 hs scepter and use in a pre-buff??? Taht saves like 6 skill pts!

Someone help with questions plz as these posts are very old and the equipment needs to be updated based on new runewords.

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Coprofago

BNet Acct/Realm: GetBolted and Coprofago
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject:  

what about making a magedin?

you get all you can in foh/conv/holy shock

then, u put everything else in bhammer, concentration, blessed aim

(i would go with more in blessed aim since bhammer will suck your mana)

that gives u a great magedin.. i have a high lvl magedin and they do pretty good

maybe u'll want spirit sword and magefist.. to get more fcr and spirit is just awesome (fhr, fcr, mana, vita) spirit shield would be really great too
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject:  

With this build hammers are a pre-req anyway so sending a couple hammers as I run wouldn't be a problem. I would cast them on the switch with my insight so that mana isn't an issue. Once insight is equipped my mana fully recharges in like 4-5 seconds even if I'm charging around!

So, I could cast a couple hammers as I charge around for those that would try to follow...then switch and foh till they get close...then charge...lather/rinse/repeat Twisted Evil

I don't see the benefit of aim over conc...but, I used my skills already anyway so it's a mute issue.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Coprofago

BNet Acct/Realm: GetBolted and Coprofago
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject:  

wfg-dude wrote:
With this build hammers are a pre-req anyway so sending a couple hammers as I run wouldn't be a problem. I would cast them on the switch with my insight so that mana isn't an issue. Once insight is equipped my mana fully recharges in like 4-5 seconds even if I'm charging around!

So, I could cast a couple hammers as I charge around for those that would try to follow...then switch and foh till they get close...then charge...lather/rinse/repeat Twisted Evil

I don't see the benefit of aim over conc...but, I used my skills already anyway so it's a mute issue.

lvl 1 hammers without blessed hammer or without concentration = useless

so instead of adding in holy shield / vigor and stuff like that.. just max blessed aim and add some in hammers
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject:  

For FOH u guys act like there are a million points to spend on stuff! You must be hell rushing??? Cuz after I maxed FOH synergies I only had ONE point extra to invest...so how are you able to spend so much in hammers, aim, and/or conc???

There are only 33/34 pts to invest (i forget Rolling Eyes ) Lots of pre-reqs for this build. Only wasted 3 pts to get 1 in HS. Rest went to Holy Shock, Holy Bolt, 1 in convict, 1 in FOH.

I think the v/t would be more of an option at higher lvls.

Knifer

BNet Acct/Realm: Hawaii/Oregon
1.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject:  

wfg-dude wrote:
Rest went to Holy Shock, Holy Bolt, 1 in convict, 1 in FOH.

uhhh holy bolt only adds to the bolt damage that comes after the holy bolt.....which only affects undead....which means holy bolt useless in pvp (unless you are healing your buddy with holy bolt skill or something)

if you are just going with the meat and bones, you would have a total of 13 skill points extra to play around with. (1 foh, 1 convic, 7 shock, 11 prereqs)

edit: just noticed my extra # was off

Last edited by Knifer on Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:31 am    Post subject:  

Shocked OOPS! Shocked

I totally spaced on that one! Crapola...now I gotta r/m! I just think...synergy...and invest without thinking what the synergy does. Damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I may invest in smite though instead of hammers because hammers suck too much mana!

So, now I'm confused a little because this sounds more like v/t build than FOH. Unless I smite with convict aura active?

Also, I dueled Grim's FOH last night and some wierd stuff was happening. We made our convict auras the same level and yet his res would decrease while mine wouldn't. In fact, one time my res actually increased! I'm all 75 except fire res is at 52...and one time with his aura on my fire res went to 75...swear to god! After figuring this out...he just smited me to death each time or hammered me...but does anyone know what the deal is with that?? This is a wierd ass build! Confused

Sep

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject:  

well since no one posted stats on mine or anything really to gauge off of ill post my foher stats using basic stuff that was posted above

dmg
600-700

life
672 (with poopy life charms)

mana

-resists

oh and to answer your q's about mass light resits
i do smite... i use might and my shield does a bit of smite dmg so i do about 230 smite dmg...

this isnt much but its best i can do against max resists

i hope this post helps anyone whos wondering about what others might be around
Page 2 of 2 [28 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: