LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:52 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
WFG-Dude's CS Zon Guide (Lvl 30)
Page 1 of 3 [42 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:24 am    Post subject:  WFG-Dude's CS Zon Guide (Lvl 30)  

We don't have anything stickied for zons so if this guide is worthy... I hope it helps anyone making a cs zon. Last thread was flamed a lot so this should be a little cleaner...

Things to know about charged strike (cs):
1. There are 2 types of damage dealt by this attack one requires attack rating (ar) one does not.
1a: physical damage of the javelin itself requires ar to hit and can be added to the second damage (lightning damage) when attacking an enemy.
1b: lightning damage for cs ALWAYS HITS! Damage, however, ranges from 1 (yes that is a ONE) - max cs damage which will be discussed below.

2. This build is all about maximum number of skills since the primary damage is lightning: more skills = more damage! Period!

3. Nothing increases the damage dealt by cs zons EXCEPT SKILLS. NOTHING! Elemental damage charms/jewels will only add to physical damage if you hit with physical attack.

4. CS zons are kinda like glass cannons. They either kill quick or die quick. Since their damage is purely elemental they can be stacked against.

5. You can "farcast" cs to hit opponents...for a guide on it go here: http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7805&highlight=farcast

6. Unless u kill quickly...prepare to use a lot of mana. Pubby duels...mana pots!...Arena...use dtm items and pray!

The Build:
I've built a lvl 49 cs zon and a lvl 30 cs zon. The level 49 kills 75% of pubbys especially casters, trappers, and ww barbs (unless they use tgods u will own all barbs!). Actually anyone that doesn't sorb/stack u will own in a very short time (usually 1-3 hits). I've even taken out good hammers in 2-3 pokes and since they rarely use slow gear (xcpt arach) u will be fast enough to whoop they azz and take their gold If you see em run to town to switch to their wisp/tgods...leave game and thank em for gold...

Gear:
Pcrown - 1skill, 15%frw, +20vit, +20energy, rep life. This helm is good enough to be used even for the elite gear cuz the mods on this are hard to beat! If you find +1zon skill helm with stats, life, mana, and frw, ...then u can replace pcrown. Socket this helm with stat jewels (str/dex)...if the jools have any other useful mods...great! DTM wouldn't be a bad idea either along with your stats.

Javelins: Debates exist, but, I prefer maiden javelins simply cuz they have lower reqs! My current javs are 2javelin skills/ 20% ias. The max for this items is 4 javelin skills/30% ias. Ceremonial javs seem to spawn 3-4 skills more often than maidens do... but hte reqs are just ridiculous! The highest str item on my zon is Rhyme grim sheild at 58 str. Ceremonial require 109 dex!!! Even eth/rep ones would be questionable! Stick with maidens: 33str/47dex. Put the extra 60+ points into vitality!

Gloves: 2 javelin/10%ias are great ones...stats make em better...but plain 2skill/ias will be great starters.

Jewelry:
2 x soj's - no other option IMO.
ammy: I prefer 1 zon skill ones. Obviously, stats and res are optimal on this ammy. starter could be eye of etlich or telling of beads. Find a rare soon tho

Shield: Lots of options!
Rhyme: Grim or Bone (defense don't matter much so up to you). You want this shield for many reasons: Cannot Be Frozen (CBF), Mana regen, horrible blocking mods! Also has res...but w/e...this is my first and only choice on shields. Only other choice could be (if you want to spend the stats...sigon shield) remember skills are key! Many reasons I don't like sigons tho are: Ugly as hell!, 64 str req (with -req jool in it) which means I lose almost 10 stat points! Up to you.
Another good choice for pure blocking: Whistans...also gives Half Freeze Duration (HFD). and only 53 str req. So you save 5 stat points over a grim rhyme.

Belt: 15% dr string. Ull be fighting melee so dodge + max block + dr = horrible! use a stat/fhr belt if u wanna boost your life more...but hard to beat string IMO.

Cow King boots if you need the dex points for your javs. Sanders are great for the frw and the 15 stat points. I keep a pair in my stash at all times. I prefer cow kings until someone can prove to me why the frw of sanders is more worth the extra 5 stats.

Armor: Peace runeword! Period...end of discussion! mage looks prettiest...but use anything u wish! Some ppl like twitch for ias/stats/etc...up to you...remember cs is about +skills. With stacked res you won't do much damage so you can't afford to sacrifice too much damage IMO.

Charms: lifers are fine...ull still beat most ppl. Ultimately shoot for 15life/12 mana sc's.

Skills:
1 point dodge (my skill is 7 with skill items = 42% dodge )
1 pt jab/psn jav (pre-reqs)
Max CS
Max Lite bolt (good secondary ranged skill)
Rest in Powerstrike synergy

*Note: If you plan on running/farcasting place a point in EVADE along with DODGE

Stats:
Bad - Mediocre charms = 1k life, 300 mana
Cs Damage with starter gear = 1-1k

Strategy: None...go poke ppl in the eye! Don't stand near barbs when they ww...wait till they almost done...then poke em and watch em bend backwards as they die! Run vs casters/trappers/bone necros. Only way they can killme is if they start spammin before I get in their grill! Or if they use tele...then I'm toast! Pesky hammers that run while spamming hammers...don't chase em...throw lite javs at em and hope to hit. If they get annoyed enuf they will try to charge u to cast...then go poke em in the eye and laugh at em when they die! Always stand in their blind spot (about 6-7 o clock on a watch) when poking them. Hammers miss u if your standing in that spot.

If you can master farcast it is very effective especially vs. casters. For this skill you'll be running most of the time which means u may not have max block so be careful to run away if someone comes near. Farcast is also the UBER noob killer.

Edit: Lots of ppl seem to use farcast as they run around the screen. I've tried it and it is a lot of work and hard to hit moving targets especially charging hammers! So, if you can get good with the keyboard and figure out how to hit and run at the same time...go for it. Otherwise jabbing them works pretty well IMO!

Have fun! Anything I missed I'm sure ppl here will fill in any gaps... Peace!

EDIT: Forgot ias/fhr tables:
IAS: 6, 16, 30, 52, 89 (using maiden javelins)
FHR: 20, 32, 52, 86

Gloves + 20ias javs = 3rd bp. Twitch will only take u to 4th bp if you get 30% ias on javs. I can't think of a way to hit last bp...so up to you if u want to hit 3rd or 4th bp. IMO if you can't hit 4th bp...peace is only armr to use!!!

Quick note on Dodge-Lock: Lvl 30 cs zon in an arena duel shouldn't experience this too much. However, vs very fast swinging melee what happens is the zon sometimes gets "locked" into dodging motion which means she can't attack. 2 reasons you may not have to worry about this: 1. You are fighting open category so your primary opponents are casters. 2. If farcasting/running it's hard to be dodge-locked. If you stand toe to toe with a 4 frame zealot then don't be surprised if he rapes u.

Quick note on FRW: I never could figure out the calculations for frw to see if sanders frw > cow kings for stats. I suggest going to the stickies for the calcs/tables and try to figure it out for yourself. It's been 27 years since I've been in school and had to do math so... have fun! Twisted Evil If you can't figure it out maybe throw a few frw charms on your girl and see if u like the speed better than u like the life... otherwise, I'd stick with pure life or life/mana charms and whatever boots make u happy.

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
heprea
pokemon fanatic

BNet Acct/Realm: europe laddars
8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject:  

why new thread?

wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject:  

B[x] wants to sticky it and there was a lot of uneccessary stuff on last one. Also, had to update to include comments/suggestions from other members.

Just makes it much cleaner for the sticky. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
fuh

BNet Acct/Realm: Not Active
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject:  

well done Steve!
As for the sanders vs ck question cks are better for none running chars imo. On the other hand +20frw +100ar > 5stat in return of 10-15-20life for some situations.

SilverFoxx

BNet Acct/Realm: Eur Sc Ladder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject:  

All in all seems to be quite a decent build; I've already started..

I just have a couple of questions however;

Is there anything worth having on switch, for any purpouse? There's nothing to prebuff, but maybe a bow or so forth? Or is it not worth the hasstle~

For those of us who can't afford leigons of Soj's, What stats should we be looking for on rare rings? Life, mana and Allres seem to be the most logical choices, yet would there be anything else to look out for? Indeed, how vieable would the angelic combo be in place of a rare amulet/rings?

Cheers,
Foxx~
Knifer

BNet Acct/Realm: Hawaii/Oregon
1.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject:  

angelics would be pretty much useless. cs has a ar portion, but it hardly does anything.

just look for the usual life/mana/res in rings.

Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject:  

woot @ legit farcast Razz i have the non-legit farcast for dealing with bm, but now i can legit farcast ppl for fun Very Happy too bad those z/x hotkeys screw me up a bit

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
Meegz ?

BNet Acct/Realm: *meegz @ east ladder
39.74 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject:  

As a switch wep for smiters, try a +3 skill 6 socket maiden spear with 6x shaels in it to make it super fast. use this against smiters since range 5 > anything they can use. i think it works ok vs hammers too, since you definitely dont wanna be close to that

kudo's go to kc for that idea, he had one on his lld cs zon at the beginning of ladder.

Napalm loves the little children of the world.
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject:  

bigspot_05 wrote:
As a switch wep for smiters, try a +3 skill 6 socket maiden spear with 6x shaels in it to make it super fast. use this against smiters since range 5 > anything they can use. i think it works ok vs hammers too, since you definitely dont wanna be close to that

kudo's go to kc for that idea, he had one on his lld cs zon at the beginning of ladder.

Great suggestion! Bows suck since you won't have any points in the skills. Picture those monster girls in act 1 and act 5 that run at you VERY fast and poke u with huge friggin spears and they get about 1-2 strikes per second.... That is what you can do to smiters, kickers, etc.

However, if you get the first hit against a smiter normally your cs will kill him before he kills you. If not...switch to the long/fast/evil spear idea.

figure a way to get sojs... its pretty much your only option!

2-3 15 lifers = soj, a few other lld items I can think of = soj so if your running cows in norm/nm then you should have your soj's in a matter of days IMO.
Meegz ?

BNet Acct/Realm: *meegz @ east ladder
39.74 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject:  

Actually, the cheapest way to get sojs that I can think of is key's. People will pay well for full keysets (3x of each key). Last I knew that was 1-2 sojs on nonladder for full keyset or organ set.

And I will vouch the nightmare cows for being a wonderful place to find all sorts of pretty lld items, and you can get some nice hld ones too i.e. the 4 soc +3 bow/xbow matriarchal bow I found the other day.

Napalm loves the little children of the world.
fu8ar

BNet Acct/Realm: RestInPieces W/Sc/L AgelessWanderer E/Sc/L
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject:  

Just figured out a way to hit the last bp with maiden javs.

My javs have as you know 4skill/30ias. Ok, add all of these together and what do you get.

30ias from javs
20ias from twitch
10ias from goldwrap
30ias from sigs gloves when using a second piece.

Thats a total of 90ias, and the bp is 89.

Now, determining if it is effective to use all that ias and loosing a total of 3 skill pnts towards cs can be crucial. I'll edit this after I have checked the damage on my zon with the above ias bp.

RETIRED FROM D2LOD

Otto von Bismark wrote:
Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made.

wOOt

BNet Acct/Realm: \m/ Europe -> Finland \m/
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject:  

humm u mentioned that usin whitstans saves u 5points?
what about the dex needed for maxblock.. u save some from there too.. sanders > ck anyday cuz ck give extra 5 stats -> 15life for ama.. and sanders give extra 10frw -> 3frw scs -> 3 * 15lifers less.. so if u want that frw from sumwhere u better not use ck boots over sanders..

fu8ar

BNet Acct/Realm: RestInPieces W/Sc/L AgelessWanderer E/Sc/L
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject:  

I use both, sanders vs runners, and ck when I'm tanking people. I don't see the point in putting that extra 5 stats into dex when you can use both items and save the 5 stats when you put on ck.

Alright, here is my dmg with the last bp. Not sure if its enough to do any good, but who knows. With this setup you only shoot 7 bolts

63-153 physical
1-1267 light

With only the 30ias bp my dmg is as follows.

60-144 physical
1-1519 light

So, you see thats a drop of 300 total max dmg per bolt and loosing a extra bolt as well so another 1.6k max dmg lost between using the last ias bp or just using the first ias bp. I shoot 8 bolts with the 30ias setup.

Now, if I just go for the 52ias bp, using these items.

twitch
bladebuckle
sanders boots
sigs shield (the three items above give me the str to use sigs shield w/o adding any charms)
rare 2java 10ias gloves

I hit 60ias which is the 52ias bp. My dmg is as follows. I shoot 7 bolts with this setup as well.

38-118 physical
1-1435 light dmg

Only a drop in about 100 dmg per bolt, so its not that bad. Also, with all of these setups I still maintain max block as well.

RETIRED FROM D2LOD

Otto von Bismark wrote:
Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made.

Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject:  

my hld uses the 52% bp (highlord, 3/20 gloves, tstrokes) and i do fine. i think your 52% bp setup sounds like the best middle ground

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject:  

don't forget the 2java/10ias/stat gloves in your build calcs... Damage added per skill is usually around 150 and possibly another bolt depending on the bp.

Speed usually pwns in duels but with CS I found that it was hard to kill stacked res or high life chars. So, the build I suggested made full use of skills to add as much damage as possible! Legit farcasting is buggy at best even with experience and practice so IMO go for damage and pray you hit first and don't get put into animation.

Page 1 of 3 [42 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: