LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri May 31, 2024 3:30 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
troubled youth documentary
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
Bloody Mess

BNet Acct/Realm: a human container, looking for a new container pretty soon
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject:  troubled youth documentary  

"Scared Straight" Very Happy This documentary took place in the 1970's or so I remember. Its about some troubled kids and teens brought to a state prison for some one on one scaring them straight into being good Laughing The thing that made it stand out was that it had alot of explicit language in it and they broadcasted it on national television just a few years ago. It had the "f" word in it had "b" word in it, you name it, they probably said it on the air. Laughing
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject:  

Ok... so it's a predecessor to all the Montel Williams and whatever talk shows that do the same thing... supposedly... "I'm still under the impression all of that is staged."
Bloody Mess

BNet Acct/Realm: a human container, looking for a new container pretty soon
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject:  

yeah, talk shows these days address this kind of issue alot nowadays minus the profanity and in your face cuss you out to being a goody two-shoes Very Happy
MeshinLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject:  

This is a randomly random posted post. Cool i used 2 sets of the same word twice in an actual sentence.. (i think)

What if you dont "likes boys" and you "likes girls" what then?? O.o

UsWest [NL]
*MeshinLLD
UsEast [NL]
*MeshinLLD
*Meshin
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject:  

Grim04 wrote:
Ok... so it's a predecessor to all the Montel Williams and whatever talk shows that do the same thing... supposedly... "I'm still under the impression all of that is staged."

No, the "Scared Straight" program was real. I don't know if it started in the 70s, but I remember in the early to mid 80s it was a big thing for a while (I was 10 in 1985, so it was for slightly older kids). It was completely real, albeit somewhat cheesy. They took these kids that thought they were all hardcore; many of them agreed to be in the program as part of a probation agreement or for reduced time at juvie hall, and they were sent to a prison to meet several big, angry inmates who were getting "good behavior" credits for doing the program.

Basically, they just got yelled at or subtly threatened to "show" them that prison is no fun. Apparently it was somewhat successful, because they kept the program running on and off (although not televised) for some time, and similar programs are still used today in both the therapy and penal systems.

MeshinLLD wrote:
What if you dont "likes boys" and you "likes girls" what then?? O.o

Then "Likes Boys" has bigger problems to deal with than what to name his/her/itself on a D2 website. Wink
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: