LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
GODZ_llds lvl 9 Paladin Guide
Page 1 of 3 [42 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject:  GODZ_llds lvl 9 Paladin Guide  

ive been a foolish, selfish kid... plz forgive me and put it back up(sorry dely and bel)

The starter build to anyone who wants to make a basic lvl 9 sacradin.

The basics of a lvl 1 Paladin's statistics are:
25 Strenght
20 Dexterity
25 Vitality
15 Energy

They star out with:
55 life
15 mana

For every lvl the Paladin gains they attain:
2 life
1.5 mana

For every stat point the Paladin attains they gain:
1 point of vitality=3 life
1 point of energy=1.5 mana

First off this char would not need a hell rush, but would most likely want one.
why:
becuase in norm, nm and hell you will get 12 more combined skill quests
becuase in norm, nm and hell you will get 60 more life from the first quest in act 3
becuase in norm, nm and hell you will get 15 more stats from the fourth quest in act 3.

Now, even though people say rushing a lvl 1 past any difficulty can't be done, they are very ignorant to the sneaky ways people find. To get your character past a difficulty all you have to do is:
1. Be in act 5 and partied with someone who needs the baal quest and is willing to do the quest to proceed to the next difficulty.
2. Have the person in your team, or another, kill baal so they get the quest.
3. Check your quest log, exit game, and recieve your title of *slayer, champion, or Matriarch/Patriarch.

For the den of evil quest you will need to kill atleast one monster, so have a sorc enchant you, pick an appropriate character, have the sorc static and lower the life as much as they can, and have you attack the monster.
For act 2 to get the skill book from radament, all you simply have to do is be in the same area as the rusher(raddy area) and have them kill Radament.

so after you are rushed and have gotten all of your quests done your character at lvl 1 will have
12 skills to use
15 stats to use
110 life
25 mana

now. the paladin will be lvl 9 so that would give him 27 hit points and 12 to mana, also giving him 40 to statistics

so the paladin without any skills or statistics points used at lvl 9 will have
20 skills
55 stats
137 life
37 mana

that covers up all the character screen stuff

this is a starter build so i will post basic stuff and some other options:
for this character you would probably want to start off with light/medium weight gear for most stat points saving, leaving you with more stat points to put into vitality.

for gear:
3 socket mask- socketed with 3x max dmg jewels
3 socket light plate- socketed with 3x max dmg jewels
6 socket military pick- socketed with 6x max dmg jewels
4 socket paladin shield w/ inhereted ed/ar mods- socketed with 4x max dmg jewels
deaths gloves
deaths belt
hotspurs/hsarus/gorefoots boots
Nagel rings- 2 of them, 70+ ar preferably, or if you can find. life/mana/str or dex/ar rare rings, (these are hard to find)
Magical ammulet- 5 strength or dex., or some rare with nice str or dex, ar, mana, life, along those lines.

All of the rares that i will take a bit of time to find. they are all hard to find, being rare.

charms:
to hit the 6th faster hit recovery frame(27%) you will need atleast 27 fhr. There is no fhr in this starter builds gear so u will be looking in your inventory to supply you with fhr. For this job you will need 3x 12%fhr gc's leaving you with 31 spaces left. on top of those gc's you will want to put a 1 stat sc for a filler. The rest you will want to fill up with life lc's.

so here's your charms:
3x 12 fhr gc's
3x str(i'll just say str for the heck of it) sc's
14x life lc's
(ranging in life on lcs, i'll say lowest is 6 to life, so 14x 6 life lc's would give you 84 life. the highest life you can get on a lvl 9 lc is 15. so 14x 15 life lc's would give you 210 life)

the equip:
Your basic stated equip should be
27 max dmg mask-25 str req.
27 max dmg light plate-41 str req
65 max dmg military pick-49 str req, 33 dex req
32 max dmg targe-16str req, 20 dex req
deaths belt
deaths gloves
gorefoots/hsarus/hotspurs(recommend these cuase of 15+ life)
2x nagel rings
1x 5 str amulet

that build gives you:
8 str points

stats before placing gear:
33str
20dex
25vita
15energy

so for that build, your stats to use gear should be
49str
49dex
25vita
15energy

you used
16 points into str
29 points into dex

45 stats used leaving you 10 stat points to put into vitality
10 stats x 3 hit point(life) per vita stat=30 life

so your final stat placement would give you
49str
49dex
35vita
15energy

in the end you will have
75% chance to block vs an opponent
30 life from vita + range of 84-210 life in charms + 137 life from health potion quests and lvls=
range of 251 life to 377 life (if you choose to use hotspurs your life would be a range of 266 life to 392 life)
28 mana

for skill placements:
9 Sacrafice
9 Might
2 ... wherever, i would suggest smite because u can smite em once and stun them for a sec in beggining.

I will not go into more detail on the more expensive and godly lvl 9 paladins because some people may have that build or style and not want that exposed. I really hope this helps some people, otherise it's cool, cuase i like sharing knowledge and helping people out.

thank you's go the the sites that i have looked up to get information for this character:

for the fhr/fbr/fcr tables(to find this from main page, the site given, you click the first link under miscellanious, on the left. It's called fxr tables-
http://www.namelezz.planetsmilies.com/index.html

for the ias tables(special thanx to voodoocamel's link, also: if the site doesn't show up, just check voodoocamels links in the memberlist and click on diablo2 links, then the ias table one)-
http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/calcs/weaponspeed.php?lang=english

for the paladins starting points/hp/mana and everthing else that's basic on paladins-
http://www.diabloii.net/characters/paladin/index.shtml
lld-we_try

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject:  

thanks a lot that is a great guide!

phil,
GODZ!

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:17 am    Post subject:  

no problemo
Palaman

Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject:  

Greetings,

just wondering, using this guide to make a lvl9 what kind of attack rating/damage/life would you get?

thanks for the help

-Palaman smokes too much
GODZ!

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject:  

GODZ_llds wrote:
a range of 266 life to 392 life

and i don't know the dmg becuase ive never made a pally.
and with this build u should prolly get a lil range of 800-1k ar.
weaponry_mace

Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject:  

Would replacing lightplate with a 4 socket sup ancient armour socketed with 9/ar/-15%req be a good idea?
B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject:  

yes but you'll need at least two good -req jewels. three would be alright but 4 would be making it really worth while. i just went with a gothic plate with 2x -req jewels. to me, an ancient isn't worth it unless you get 3x good -req jewels.
weaponry_mace

Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject:  

What stats are considered good?
B[x]

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject:  

i'd say you'd need at least 8max on a -req jewel to make it worthwhile. personally, i wouldn't use anything less than a 10max/-req jewel but that's just because i've been vllding for awhile and using 8s wouldn't be an improvement on what i have.
then again, there might be other mods on the jewel that make it worth using such as +dex, +life, and most importantly, +AR.
weaponry_mace

Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject:  

Thanks. I have 4 x 9max/-15% with diffierent 2nd mods. Only one with ar.

What is the max dmg in max/-15% req jewel? 14?
B[x]

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject:  

the most max dmg in any lvl 9 jewel is 14 but you need both a perfect prefix and a perfect suffix which leaves you with only 2 more available mods because rare jewels can only have 4 mods on it, 2 prefixes and 2 suffixes.
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: 4 Questions on Guide  

1. The jewels for higher str armr need to be max damage & -req I understand that. And I find both...just never together on same jewel Crying or Very sad Other suggestions? Other than waiting? Laughing

2. I can't seem to always get act 3 q1 potion quest to work. I've tried walking outside for darkwanderer and then arach lair...but doesn't always work. Sometimes doing trav runs works but I don't want to lvl and am scared to do it too much...otherwise I have to commit suicide to lose xp points. Is there an ezer way of completing this quest Question Question Question

3. Although life charms are mandatory shouldn't str adn dex charms free up stat pts for life? Right now I'm almost maxed in str and dex charms so no pts used in those. but, I can invest all my pts into vit if i want to. Smart - Dumb ... Feedback Plz.

4. Can Hsarus belt and bloodfist work as alternative to death set Question bloodfist adds life, ias, and hsarus belt & boot add ar (90 i think for lvl 9)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 4 Questions on Guide  

wfg-dude wrote:
1. The jewels for higher str armr need to be max damage & -req I understand that. And I find both...just never together on same jewel Crying or Very sad Other suggestions? Other than waiting? Laughing

.....use an armor with less strength requirement then until you can get those jewels.

Quote:

2. I can't seem to always get act 3 q1 potion quest to work. I've tried walking outside for darkwanderer and then arach lair...but doesn't always work. Sometimes doing trav runs works but I don't want to lvl and am scared to do it too much...otherwise I have to commit suicide to lose xp points. Is there an ezer way of completing this quest Question Question Question

get a friend to help you? Rolling Eyes

Quote:

3. Although life charms are mandatory shouldn't str adn dex charms free up stat pts for life? Right now I'm almost maxed in str and dex charms so no pts used in those. but, I can invest all my pts into vit if i want to. Smart - Dumb ... Feedback Plz.

stat lcs are only better than life lcs with 8 or less life. depending on your character. for a barb, they are better than 11 or less life lcs. for a sorc, they;re better than 5 or less life lcs.

Quote:

4. Can Hsarus belt and bloodfist work as alternative to death set Question bloodfist adds life, ias, and hsarus belt & boot add ar (90 i think for lvl 9)

http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/calcs/weaponspeed.php?lang=english Rolling Eyes

wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 5:44 am    Post subject:  

weapon calculator is DA BOMB! OMG thx!!! I have friends to help...too many sometimes. They hve tried to help with A3Q1 b4...not much luck...very random. What do they need to do to help me with q? For instance with den they help me kill 1 guy and they annihilate rest. There must be a formula.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
GODZ!

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject:  

my suggestion for an armor without the -15 req max jewels is to use the first one mentioned in this post, 3 socke bp or light plate with 3x max jewels.

Also, its helpfull to have a char that doesn't have any of the a3 quests so they can keep doing them over and over and just handing down to the lower guys. Do the a3 qeusts just not the hell becuase the hell book and life will work for norm and nm also but not vice versa.

Also, hsarus has no cbf...what happens when you have no cbf and they have cold dmg. Even worse, what heppens when you don't have cbf and half freeze.
Page 1 of 3 [42 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: