LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri May 17, 2024 1:38 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Level 30 Hammerdin LLD - East Realm
Page 2 of 2 [27 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject:  

destructojoe wrote:
1. This guide has never been stickied and I really don't know why. There are no other guides for hell rushed lvl30 hammerdins or any good info out there. Thats for the mods to decide.

At the time, hellrushing was not allowed for either arena, so this was not a lld101 compliant guide. It is now, however.

Elusive wrote:
as far as im concerned vigor doesnt affect desynch and ive been dueling with desynching hammerdins at high levels since early 1.10.

Desync is caused by the rapid change in movement speed, which can't be registered by your opponent's machine. I'm not sure if increasing charge velocity (increasing the ΔV) increases the chance of desynching, but I'll take your word for it. I'm about 80% sure if you charge, run, charge, run, charge instead of charge, charge, charge, you'll mess up your opponent even more because of the ΔV.

Edit: The charge, run, charge, run, charge, run technique I thought of doesn't work. I'm guessing the "run" portion lets the client/server resync. Could it be that its the rapid increase of velocity (rather than change) that 'creates' desync?

Elusive wrote:
the alternative to string would be a 24 fhr 9 str 60 life belt. or a classic one with something along the lines of 20 fhr/11-15 str/50-60 life/high resists.

Mine:

Last edited by krajee on Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
Goky

1.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject:  

This is a question about hammerdins in general rather than level 30's

I have a level 18 hammerdin/charge hybrid, and I never intentionally desynch, but it happens from time to time.

When it does, it always works AGAINST me, in that I'm avoiding the opponent, I'm half a screen away, yet they're zealing me in the face. How do I fix this?
destructojoe

BNet Acct/Realm: destructojoe, destructojoe2, destructojoe3
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject:  

[quote="Goky"]This is a question about hammerdins in general rather than level 30's

I have a level 18 hammerdin/charge hybrid, and I never intentionally desynch, but it happens from time to time.

When it does, it always works AGAINST me, in that I'm avoiding the opponent, I'm half a screen away, yet they're zealing me in the face. How do I fix this?[/quote]

Don't charge if you don't want to desync.

-Destructopalyjr (hammer hybrid)
-Destructofool (fire sorc)
ISO: life charms!!!!!
Goky

1.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject:  

Well, it isn't really not wanting to desync. It's not wanting to get zealed from across the screen. I like charge transportation because it helps a lot.

Basically the question is "When I unintentionally desynch how do I avoid getting zealed from across the screen"

Is it just an issue of getting good practice so that you know where you REALLY are? Should I just not charge that close to them or what?
Elusive

BNet Acct/Realm: *elusive-
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject:  

it probably is the rapid increase of velocity given by charge that causes the desync. since 1.10's release using charge to even attack causes time-lapses (which we call desync), often times without trying (im pretty sure this is how it was discovered).
i used to use vigor in conjunction with charge thinking it affected the rate or success of desync but when i tested with different auras it desynced at the same frequency.

nice belt btw.
food-ranger

BNet Acct/Realm: The.Dragon@useast
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject:  

im no expert, but a +2 offensive 20fcr 30runwalk circlet with 2os even with minor life seams like it would be better than a pcrown.

also on your charger you using an insight partizan. if your highest str item is mages(45str) (i think mages first +2sojs is better then frosts + caster rings)
Partizan does 34 to 75 (54.5 Avg), you loseing 68stats or 204 life to use it.
wouldnt a
Rune staff 24 to 58 (41 Avg) be better? it only needs 25 str so you save those 68 stat points

and you didnt mention what to socket your helm / vmagi, personaly i prefer pskulls the replife helps alot in the long draged out battles.

destructojoe

BNet Acct/Realm: destructojoe, destructojoe2, destructojoe3
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject:  

[quote="food-ranger"] im no expert, but a +2 offensive 20fcr 30runwalk circlet with 2os even with minor life seams like it would be better than a pcrown.

also on your charger you using an insight partizan. if your highest str item is mages(45str) (i think mages first +2sojs is better then frosts + caster rings)
Partizan does 34 to 75 (54.5 Avg), you loseing 68stats or 204 life to use it.
wouldnt a
Rune staff 24 to 58 (41 Avg) be better? it only needs 25 str so you save those 68 stat points

and you didnt mention what to socket your helm / vmagi, personaly i prefer pskulls the replife helps alot in the long draged out battles. [/quote]

The pcrown has a nice list of mods and the payoff for the circlet can only be for two possibilities;
1. Circlet has great mods, life, mana, etc etc and 2os.
2. Using the circlets 20%fcr enabling you to use a not good ammy that doesnt have fcr.

Very true on the damage but with extensive testing (Ben and I) we discovered we didnt like the speed of the Rune Staff. As mentioned before, I have sacrificed a good chunk of life for my hybrid build however, he is probably the most effective pubby and tournament dueler I've ever made.

Gear socketing is personal choice, IMO. I have both my helm and armor socketed with pruby, however ideally you would want a second set of gear socketed with skulls for tourney use. (I did mention these in my guide as well)

-Destructopalyjr (hammer hybrid)
-Destructofool (fire sorc)
ISO: life charms!!!!!

Last edited by destructojoe on Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total
J.o.n

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast-NL: *New. (with period)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject:  

nice guide Very Happy

btw, would any1 like to duel my lvl 30 hellrushed mage pally?
no1 is replying to me in pvp section Crying or Very sad

/w *New. (with period)

15 life/12 mana scs req lvl 24

/w *New. (with period)
Supreme1012

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast Ladder *Supreme1012 *BSPwndu
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject:  

[quote="J.o.n"]nice guide Very Happy

btw, would any1 like to duel my lvl 30 hellrushed mage pally?
no1 is replying to me in pvp section Crying or Very sad

/w *New. (with period)[/quote]

If He's ladder, me and Joe would gladly duel him anytime.

@Joe I Think you should mention the use of bloodfists if they use a 20% FCR circlet, and I think P Skulls are by far the best choice for socketing your gear. Nice job on the guide bro, you put alot of work and thought into it and it shows.

EDIT: I vote Stickied!

EDIT AGAIN: @ Joe; You might want to mention more in depth about dueling tactics. Nothing too specific, but mention boxing, Trapping like you do, overlapping hammer walking like I showed u I do vs melees, and crisscross dueling while charging vs other lld hammerdins.

Dkultimafive

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject:  

could i take a point or 2 from conc to get charge? or will it mess the hole thing up Rolling Eyes
Lacur

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject:  

Im making a hybrid lvl 30hdin atm and i want to ask a question nobody asked in this thread before:

what about using a pcrown and viper both socked with shaels and
then using 10 max'ar'fhr sc's?
i would reach the fastest fhr breakpoint - 200 fhr

very nice guide btw it helped me a lot
Dream
Nightmare

0.09 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject:  

You won't ever need that much fhr, so it's better to use the socket space for something else.
Page 2 of 2 [27 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: