LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu May 02, 2024 5:53 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Lvl 18 Kicker guide
Page 3 of 4 [48 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Elusive

BNet Acct/Realm: *elusive-
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject:  

waramp wrote:
zealot > kicker > conc barb > zealot. its a vicious cycle.

i havent met one i couldnt beat =]
crawlingdeadman

BNet Acct/Realm: *circusfreaks *crawlingdeadman
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject:  

well i hell rushed to get extra stats/skills to try out one of gheed's suggestions. while looking at what to dump the extra couple points in i decided to try out cloak of shadows. is there a reason no one has mentioned it? i'm thinking of it in a similar vein to inner sight; cast before a duel. it doesnt last long but i was planing on casting with the shadow claws before a duel and quickly switching for longer duration and better effect. is it just a given that this is where you dump points and i'm just too newbish to KNOW?
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject:  

i pumped cloak of shadows on my sin. i find it very useful vs high def chars, especially with the already high ar that kickers have

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
skarfacex42

BNet Acct/Realm: Overtown / Miami
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject:  

str adds alot of dmg

crawlingdeadman

BNet Acct/Realm: *circusfreaks *crawlingdeadman
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject:  

skarfacex42 wrote:
str adds alot of dmg

not the most helpfull post i've read but it does bring up a question i've had since i met someone (ear i think) who recomended an all strength build. is there a general consensis as to which does better? i'll look for a guid/build and determine which i think is better...maybe i'll make another kicker and compare.

krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject:  

Pumping strength for a level 18 build isn't too effective. You'll get about 10-10 extra pvp damage by pumping str.
AchtzehnOwnage

BNet Acct/Realm: US East Ladder, *emerica9669 AchtzehnOwnage
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject:  

the point into tiger strike is useless if you tell us charging does not work well
Barbask

BNet Acct/Realm: Barbask2(East Softcore Ladder)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject:  

hey i dont really agree with the sigon helm, i found this 20s visionary helm for lvl 18 i was thinking of using this. if i did what would be the best choices to put in the sockets? i agree with almost everything else in this build
Although not recognized as a true bushi by some japanese experts, Musashi is a icon of the samurai culture. He started from nothing, as a hungry little boy in a small village called Miyamoto, and became one of the greatest warriors in Japan. Famous by using both swords during a embate, Musashi has won over 60 deadly duels during his live
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject:  

Barbask wrote:
hey i dont really agree with the sigon helm, i found this 20s visionary helm for lvl 18 i was thinking of using this. if i did what would be the best choices to put in the sockets? i agree with almost everything else in this build

FYI that +18%ar is added with DT's 445%. not multiplied. (18% of 445% is 4% increase in effective ar, thats marginal at best)
you must understand Sigons helm adds 8 PER level with the boots(50) AND 30 mana. So since we already have Slvl 18 DT thats +445% ar without visonary

taking the contribution from Sig helm+boots as 8*18 +50 * 445%
= +1057 final ar from your slvl 18 DT alone.

now without sigons replacing the helm and just adding visonery+18% to the existing angelics
angelics432+50sig boots * 18% = +86 more to the final ar when adding Visonary to that existing gear

1057 vs 86 ar?

double amyth the helm for 300 ar. but then again its just getting 18% added making a bonus 54 final ar.
that 18%s performance is pretty lame

u should by default have about 3-4k from angelics(216) and dexterity alone.......and trying to argue u replace angelics, well, finding a rare ring that can beat the 20lfe (7stats needed) along with that 212 ar is improbable.. i have a +9stat 87 ar and even i dont use for its 7life at a cost of 125ar and 6replenish so trying to squeeze out more is not going to help your output, (not forgetting it is cleary performing at a much lower value then sigons helm anyway)

just Visonary is a poor mod to focus on, especially here on the kicker,, they already have so much Ar% its like adding ed% to zealots rather then +max.. not to mention ar has the diminishing returns anyway and like i said your hitting 3k by default

most def 18's u meet are barely hitting 2.2k but the have sacrificed some dmg. ud still be better off with Eth rune flange to knock -12.5% of that 2000 and grow your CTH using a reverse diminishing effect

if u need more AR focus on some ar/life sc's and make up the ar that way since single mod sc's are a huge min/max waster.
but dont chop out a 3rd socket (or duskdeep or 3 Pskulls vs kicker or sigons) just to add < 100 ar.

maybe if its a cir with +1ma? with good life/mana 2os Sure go for it,

but...
if u really really want it. i suggest Pruby for 62life
if u cant reach 80 mana with good charms, maybe use 2 Psaphs
2 amys add about an 2 avg pvp, pretty much a worthless return by comparison.. Pskulls for kicker vs kicker is good as the mana regen and life regen helps longevity.
ith rune? meh not really.
20% jewels only add based off the boots so they are adding a lame amount similair to the Amyths,, (and it wont even get boosted by TS so its doubly lame)

i use a 3os 114life mask, plain simple effective...or 3Pskulls for kicker vs kicker... duskdeep also is useful. (tarn helm not so much, same with biggens)

Barbask

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject:  

im not that to concerned about the life, im making this kicker for 2v2 with my friend using a fissure druid i can tell you the build im making, should i make a new post or is it alright in here?
Although not recognized as a true bushi by some japanese experts, Musashi is a icon of the samurai culture. He started from nothing, as a hungry little boy in a small village called Miyamoto, and became one of the greatest warriors in Japan. Famous by using both swords during a embate, Musashi has won over 60 deadly duels during his live
Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject:  

i think its fine here. the dynamics will depend deeply on who your fighting, though we can try to account for avg's

im still trying to work small details out, i have a habit of posting to soon bc i must write out thoughts before i can organize it. then i post early etc..

[edit ok plans changed]

let equate from pure AR/mana stand point as thats the differences

Shelm144 + Sboot50 + 150 amyth *445% = 1874ar +30mana

vs

boot50 (+1sig item belt or gloves) +150 amyth + 38mana spaph *463% =
1126 ar +38mana

for pure AR with the same mana a 3os mask =
2amythysts(300) +1psaphire(38mana) and the sig boots+1 for 50 to =
300 + 50 +38mana *445% = 1907 +38 mana

there now that i have the numbers right we have that info

Barbask

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject:  

Helm:working on that
ammy:angelic
armour:twitch
weapon:crushflange
sheild:swordback
boots:21mana/8%mana regen/4%increased mana/13 cold res(crafted greaves)
rings:x2 angelic
belt:deaths
gloves:bloodfists
my invo:x37 15life scs some with str mods a few with 3-5 mana
its hell rushed with stats/lifepotion/anya/skills quests

thats y i dont think using sigon helm is worth it because im not using the others pieces i dont get the ar bonus, im still looking for the 1shadow claws for switch

Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject:  

i assume your going to do 0 ts and pump bos to 6 with +gear?
are u paired random 2 on 2 or u have a set role?

i think the best flexibility with what u are probably doing is a 3os mask* unless the vis helm i a sweet rare circ.

and imo if squeezing every point into life/mana really isnt a major concern then i suggest 3 Pskulls with slight PK tactic of avoidance, (if your fighting two low dmg builds then use duskdeep)

*now for some comparisons*
1)
with angleics and dex your at about 700 base ar already (= about 3815 ar anyway)

a) two Pamythyst with the 18% is going to make 1000ar +463% = 5630
b)three Pamyth 3os mask 1150 +445% = 6267

c) u can do Two amythyst in the mask and have 1os for Pskull
5450 ar is plenty +added regen
... etc
d) 4633 final ar 2Pskull
e) 3815 final ar for 3Pskulls

2)
comparison of sc and gems
1 socket is 150 ar OR 38 mana. its almost 4:1 ar/mana on the P gems.

on sc's its 12ar vs 7mana preffix, closer to 2:1

conclusion; use double affix sc's to maximize +mana/life
and if you want to boost AR add it with Perf Amythyts on armor

Barbask

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject:  

its me and my friend dueling together against random opponents, he's using fissure druid, and im well using a kicker. i dont think ill need the 4-6k ar with the amythest variations, because what lvl 18 is going to have THAT much defence to make a difference with 3.4k or watever, the only build i can say is a concen barb which then since its a 2v2, my friend can easily beat a concen barb since he should have the low res from sacrificing it for the def. thats my opinion i guess the 3 pskulls would make a a great tactic incase of a epic battle, but doesnt the str from the amythest increase my dmg by quite a bit?
Barbask

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject:  

also with the extre skills left i was thinking of using blade fury is it? thats 4 skill points to get 1 point into it which is all youll need, but i dont know if the crushflange is strong enough, i could get a eth one if the durability doesnt go down when kicking ( doesnt seem like it would but i dont know), also id like to know if BoS increases kicking speed?
Page 3 of 4 [48 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: