LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:39 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Level 30 Wind Druid Help Please
Page 1 of 2 [16 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Mr.Monster

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject:  Level 30 Wind Druid Help Please  

Okay Basically I am Building a LLD wind druid. I have found some help regarding items on these forums. However I am looking for a more detailed guide.

Here is what I need to know.

-items
-skills
-stats

Currently I was thinking 2x sojs, 35% Spirit Sword, +2 Ele//10% fcr ammy, Magefists, Rhyme Shield, +35 Vmagi, I don't know what to wear for Boots/belt.
I do not need to use a 10% fcr belt because with the items I have listed I have 100% fcr and the breakpoint I was lead to believe is only 99% fcr.

Also For the helm I was thinking of using a level 30 requirment pelt. I would like to know the best possibly +skills for a level 30 requirment to be achieved.

Also i need to know what kinda charms I should be buying.

For the skills part I really have no idea what skills I should be maxing to get the best possible dmg. Also i was wondering if I should have any summons like wolves.

Stats arent really hard to figure out. I was thinking just as much dex/str to use the items i need and then just dump into Vita.

and just incase anyone is wondering I am getting this druid gRushed so he will have all quests. And remember I am going to level 30.
Okay so really any help is very appreciated.
DeadlyLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: ShadowReborn
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject:  

First of all, for some reason I am only getting 95% fcr from your items (maybe I just suck at math). But you know how to fix that with a fcr belt no problem.

For boots, I would say use sanders. Running speed is one of the most important things for a lvl 30 windy druid. Some actually even use stealth armor instead of skin (since you can recast cyclone armor you dont have to worry so much about resists), and you only lose a little dmg (about 10 life per nado in a duel I believe).

Ideal charms would be 15 life / 12 mana small charms (however most windy druids just use 40 x plain 15 life scs since they are a LOT cheaper), and maybe throw in a few run/walk charms (with mana or fhr), especially if you are going to be using skin of the viper magi instead of stealth.

For your helm and armor (if you decide to use skin), I think some people use Perfect Skulls for life/mana replenish for those long LLD caster duels.

Also, for a switch, I personally like to use a teleport staff. I don't usually have a problem with mana on my lvl 30 windy druids (with magefists and P skulls for high mana rep), so I personally would not use an insight staff as switch (however some people do recommend this...it all really depends on if you get mana from charms or not)

To answer some of your more specific questions, the max skills you can get for a lvl 30 pelt is +2 elemental skills +3 tornado (although to be nice and cheap I might be tempted to try a 3 os +3 nado druid pelt with 3 x P skulls in it)

For the skills you need, I would say no to summons (cept 1 into oak sage...unless you can get it from your helm) Then, throw as many points as possible (7 I believe) into tornado, 1 into hurricane, and put the others into cyclone armor. If you have any left throw em in twister.

Well, I think that just about sums it up. Hope this helped Razz
Mr.Monster

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject:  

Well luckily most of the items are kinda cheap like armors, so I can get em both (stealth and magi) and try em out.

I have some beef with your skills placement. After tackling many wind druids with my level 29 Zealer I have noticed that with the extra summons say 3-5 wolves or whatever it is the wind druid gains precious seconds to cast multiple tornados or what have you before the Zealer can zeal the druid directly. This goes the same for a few other characters. Also the summons leads to a few miss clicks ;D

As for the small charms. yeah thans I just wasn't sure what kinda charms would be best for the LLD druid...I'll probably go half and half with just life and mana//life charms and maybe throw in some run/walk charms.

Hmm I am not too sure about the sanders boots because of the low def. However i don't know what other choices i have besides rare boots.

hmm shit yeah i think i only have 95% fcr...i guess i will just use a 10% fcr belt.

Thanks for the help ... hmm I am not sure about the P skulls...I will have to do a little more bad math to figure out my FHR levels.

Anyways if you have any more information I would love for this thread to get more opinionated and shaken up a bit... I don't really feel like making the cookie cutter wind druid...

Anyways thanks again for the help DealyLLD
coatol2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject:  

I suggest putting 1 point in oak sage and 1 in summon grizzly, this only drops your tornado damage by about, 70, that isn't a whole lot, and with your summon's you will live much longer. So, in the long run you will do more damage with your tornado, by having summons, than you would if you didn't, especailly versus those spirit happy nec's.

DeadlyLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: ShadowReborn
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject:  

Personally, I think that if you make your char right, no melee char should be able to touch him (aside from a good kicksin maybe...well, and the GODLIEST high life melees like meitou's lvl 30 fury druid) I really wouldnt worry about putting any points into summons. And, if you happen to ever duel meitou's fury druid Razz, just get a separate helm that has summon grizzly or wolves)

As for getting grizzly from your skill tree, it takes quite a few points to actually point a point into grizzly, if anything just throw one point in raven and one in spirit wolf.

Well, I dunno you can try it, but my old lvl 30 windy never lost to a melee char last season of ladder (no one made a melee char anywhere near as good as meitou or bela last season)
Mr.Monster

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject:  

hmm yeah I was never thinking to go as far as putting physical points into Summon Grizzly (i believe someone else suggested that) I was thinking more just the one point into wolves.

Well basically I think i am just gonna get a variety of items and make a few variations of the wind druid and really test out the best combinations...

Anyways if you have anymore helpful information just place it here and I'd love to make a Final Wind Druid Guide for the forums...

Pm me your Diablo accnt name and i'll let you know how my progress goes.

Thanks again

-Monster
Sad

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject:  

i would place 1 point in raven and 1 in spirit wolves. with 2x sojs and spirit this will yield a 5 skill spirit wolves, granting you five summons. and wont cost as many points as grizzly.

OutlawHeaven
Bermanently Panned

BNet Acct/Realm: OutlawHeaven/OutlawHvn @USEast@Azeroth@AIM
12.23 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject:  

Ok, for my advice, sanders is where i would go. Defense doesnt really matter, and sure you lose 5 stat points compared to cow kings, but the FRW is VERY useful. Your ablity to move is very important imo, since tele is out of your grasp, and very limited with tele charges. For charms, if you want more frw, get %5 frw scs with mana. You can also try 10x life/mana gcs, and likewise with life/mana scs. Anything left over fill with plain 15's.

Melee shouldnt even touch you...since you Should have max block regardless of summons or not. And with good timing, you can hit them constantly whenever they attempt to attack you.

Mr.Monster

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject:  

Yeah I wasnt planning on having a tele stick on hand maybe just find one and keep it in stash for special cases.

I am probably going to go with sanders and as for charms I am probably gonna use the +15 lifers and depending on how much mana I have then i might consider spending the extra bit on life/mana...
Mr.Monster

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject:  

Woohoo Update on my Wind Druid

Got my Spirit (30%) // Rhyme // 2x sojs // Magefists

and my Pelt here it is this bitch is so sexy

28 Def Falcon Mask
Level 30 Requirment
+2 Ele Skills
+3 Tornado
+1 Armagheddon
+2 fury
Reduce Psn by 25%
2x Open Sockets

Ooooh baby and its Golden

Now I do not know what I should socket it with ... currently without charms i believe i have 55% fhr, I have met the Fcr breakpoint and top'd out my resists...
Any ideas?

Still looking for a few items but i am getting later tonight ;D
coatol2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject:  

Mr.Monster wrote:
Woohoo Update on my Wind Druid

Got my Spirit (30%) // Rhyme // 2x sojs // Magefists

and my Pelt here it is this bitch is so sexy

28 Def Falcon Mask
Level 30 Requirment
+2 Ele Skills
+3 Tornado
+1 Armagheddon
+2 fury
Reduce Psn by 25%
2x Open Sockets

Ooooh baby and its Golden

Now I do not know what I should socket it with ... currently without charms i believe i have 55% fhr, I have met the Fcr breakpoint and top'd out my resists...
Any ideas?

Still looking for a few items but i am getting later tonight ;D

If you think you have enough fhr, then throw a couple P rubies or skulls, if not, check the next bp then add the amount of shaels you need.

Mr.Monster

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject:  

Okay well with all my gear this is what I have

FCR - 100%
Break Points - 99% = 11 Frames
- 163% = 10 Frames (uhh unreachable)
FHR - 55%
Break Points - 42% = 8 Frame
- 63% = 7 Frame
- 99% = 6 Frame
- 174% = 5 Frames (unreachable)

For FHR Technically I could hit the 6 Frame, by 2x Shael my Helm and Shael Viper Magi which gives me 115% FHR

I haven't Checked my FBR Frames yet but i can't really do much about it anyways...

Anyways so I am wondering if it is the best idea to 2x Shael my Helm + Shael my viper magi in order to reachthe 6 Frame Break Point.
coatol2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject:  

Mr.Monster wrote:
Okay well with all my gear this is what I have

FCR - 100%
Break Points - 99% = 11 Frames
- 163% = 10 Frames (uhh unreachable)
FHR - 55%
Break Points - 42% = 8 Frame
- 63% = 7 Frame
- 99% = 6 Frame
- 174% = 5 Frames (unreachable)

For FHR Technically I could hit the 6 Frame, by 2x Shael my Helm and Shael Viper Magi which gives me 115% FHR

I haven't Checked my FBR Frames yet but i can't really do much about it anyways...

Anyways so I am wondering if it is the best idea to 2x Shael my Helm + Shael my viper magi in order to reachthe 6 Frame Break Point.

I'd try a few duels with 7 frame fhr, then try a few with 6, that should let you know what bp you want.

Mr.Monster

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject:  

k well i still need a gRush...
Mr.Monster

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject:  

Currently I am only missing my Ammy/Armor/Belt/Charms

I do 500 Tornado dmg, 200 hurricane dmg, 200 armagheddon dmg

I am gonna pump the rest of my skills points from quests into Cyclone armor to boost def/dmg/the duration of my hurricane, since because armagheddon is granted by an item it doesn't gain the seconds bonus for some reason....so i need to keep recasting my armagheddon...

Anyways i'll keep you guys up to date when i get my last items and the quests done...

and btw my first duel ... I destroyed a kicker sin...(and i only have 130 hp lol)
Page 1 of 2 [16 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: