LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun May 26, 2024 4:22 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Anything wrong with an 18 throw barb?
Page 1 of 2 [26 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
dave10

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject:  Anything wrong with an 18 throw barb?  

Why aren't these viable any more? I just attained a pair of rare war javs, 68 max damage with 18 dex and 18 str req... I'm tired of javazons Sad

Gear would be normal:
max helm
twitch
angelics combo
death's combo
ck boots
max bone shield
rare throw spear

13 throwing mastery
1 iron skin
1 howl
1 taunt
1 battle cry
4-5 in shout

Why don't I see any throw barbs anymore? I also got some rare javs at level 25... 115 throw damage... 80 dex req though, so I don't think i'll go to 25...

I think its got a good mix of damage and life, considering all points would be in vita with twitch on.
Kody

0.03 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject:  

i think thier still viable just no one ever makes em. my friend made a pub lvl 30 or 29 lvl throw barb he did decent from what he told me lol.

Shademehr

BNet Acct/Realm: GONE to D2JSP. I know, good riddance, right? LOL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject:  

Kody wrote:
i think thier still viable just no one ever makes em. my friend made a pub lvl 30 or 29 lvl throw barb he did decent from what he told me lol.

Actually, I had one and Richard had/has one. They're awesome. Better than decent by far. I think I may have posted his stats. You can search for them, or I can try to find them and link to them when I get back home from dinner.

Good Luck!

Zeiris-lld

BNet Acct/Realm: siriez, siriez2, zeiris-lld, zeiris, zeiris1
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject:  

Is throw/shield better than doublethrow? I guess it lets you make more mistakes, but wouldn't having double the attack speed pay off more?
Retired: Haruspex (30/fissure) Kukamunga (30/hammerdin) Bungabunga (30/charge) NoPotsJustHax (30/regen/charge) AllMyShootings (30/enchant/bowmerc) CapnCapslock (27/mindblast/hammer) Salamander (19/fireball HC disposa-PK) ForgottenName (18/range 5 basher)
Equipped: leaper (14/doublethrow) Flayer (33/firetrapper)
Goky

1.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject:  

DT and throw/shield each have their own advantages, which is why you have a DT on the switch for when the opportunity arises.

Also: Throwbarbs are awesome. I wasn't aware people underestimated their awesomeness.
Educated
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: West, NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject:  

Imo Double Throw has always been better you leap/run around double throwing you run after zons and leap around melees to sun and kb.

it's a good build only problem is you need 2 rly good javalins.

FUDGEsicle wrote:
not neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerd pie

dave10

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject:  

Well I play HC so maybe only 1 point in double throw would work out, when i have a really clear shot at a caster maybe... Otherwise id prefer to dodge manually and throw less often.
ThatGuy

BNet Acct/Realm: MONTREAL YAA! Quit d2
5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject:  

IIRC the reason throw barbs are scarce is because Blizzard nerfed their damage by a huge amount (like, a really small fraction of what it should be), but that was while I was playing in 1.10, if times have changed I don't know then =/

Good luck with your throw baba!

Zeiris-lld

BNet Acct/Realm: siriez, siriez2, zeiris-lld, zeiris, zeiris1
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject:  

The character screen does lie, but the damage is still enough to hurt.
Retired: Haruspex (30/fissure) Kukamunga (30/hammerdin) Bungabunga (30/charge) NoPotsJustHax (30/regen/charge) AllMyShootings (30/enchant/bowmerc) CapnCapslock (27/mindblast/hammer) Salamander (19/fireball HC disposa-PK) ForgottenName (18/range 5 basher)
Equipped: leaper (14/doublethrow) Flayer (33/firetrapper)
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject:  

ThatGuy wrote:
IIRC the reason throw barbs are scarce is because Blizzard nerfed their damage by a huge amount (like, a really small fraction of what it should be), but that was while I was playing in 1.10, if times have changed I don't know then =/
In 1.09, the pvp throw damage penalty was 50%...coupled with the crit bug, your character screen damage would be the damage dealt to your opponent. Yep, big "nerf".
Shademehr

BNet Acct/Realm: GONE to D2JSP. I know, good riddance, right? LOL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Anything wrong with an 18 throw barb?  

I dug this up using the handy dandy search feature. These are the stats from my 18 throwbarb: iThrowPooAtYou

http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15326

Just scroll down a bit and see my info and Richard's (rjg) info. I can post skills, etc if you're interested in those.

Incidentally, he is for trade too!

Elusive

BNet Acct/Realm: *elusive-
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject:  

no leech =/
dave10

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject:  

Thanks all, been very helpful. I still have one more question.

I saw Nosferatu's level 29 throw barb and its really the same gear. I can afford it all/already have it, except some of the nice vita charms.

I have a pair of level 25 req javs with 121 max damage, BUT 80 str and 80 dex required. Am I better off with level 18 and a ~64 max damage war jav?
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject:  

First, I love throwbarbs, and I think they are one of the most viable LLD dueling classes if built correctly. Unfortunately, patch 1.10 completely ruined high level throwers and nerfed low level throwers significantly. But bearing that in mind:

1) The ideal level for an LLD thrower is level 20, especially if you want to PK with your character. Faster R/W is a must for throw barbs, and Sander's boots are a godsend.

2) In response to your question, I'd opt for a level 18 thrower. Any war javelin with over 60 max damage is more than sufficient for killing other LLD's. My throwbarb has two 61 max war javelins, and he fares just fine against other well built duelers. He's also nasty in normal PK games. The beauty of the level 18 thrower is that you don't have to put any points into strength or dex to use your gear/hit max block, so you can have a nice HP total compared to other level 18's.

3) I use both double and single throw. Shield and war javelin to start out, a pair of throw spears on the weapon switch. To be a viable LLD, you really need to have both options. Against good duelers with max block, you will run out of war javelins if you only use one stack. Plus, both double and single throw have their advantages. Switching weapons (and thus attacks) comes in really handy in basically every duel.

4) I wouldn't even bother with war cries. At level 18, your defense is too low for shout to have much of an effect, not to mention the duration is really low. Instead, I'd buff double swing to add the synergy to double throw. If you do a full hell rush, then you can start adding points to iron skin and shout, but I don't think it's necessary. A good throw barb won't be hit with a melee attack period, so defense isn't too important.

Regards

yarly
Jaku
Deactivated

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject:  

dude do it. i think i might too because throw is such a cool skill. On my lvl 14 i just have 2x 50+ dmg javs for double throw and then a like 60 dmg one with a shield for max block. throwing is freaking sweet Smile
Page 1 of 2 [26 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: