LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:13 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Lvl 12 Ice Sorc Build proposal.
Page 3 of 4 [49 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:58 am    Post subject:  

So, why don't I see sorcs in any of the tourneys? Sounds like your lvl 15 could do very well.

I might make a 12 as well just so Godz has someone to pick on during the tourney.

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject:  

the lvl 15 does do very well.

and seeing how i don't have d2, i can't compete in the tourneys Sad.
B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject:  

I made a level 12 sorc before I quit. She didn't do too well even with a near optimal wand - 10fcr/+3/mana/energy/life. Her charms and jewelry were good as well. The only way that she could have really been improved would have been to use 3dex/life/mana/energy/dtm (well, four of those mods) instead of flawed rubies.

[Important Links]
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:50 am    Post subject:  

So, my question remains. If sorcs (even with near optimal gear) are not viable at the VLLD level should the level be raised in order to inspire competition? For instance the lvl 15 hell rushed sorc sounds like it can do a little damage and might be a fun build. Normally nothing past lvl 12 can have a hell rush...so what are the thoughts here?

By the way the same logic applies to necros. You will never see a VLLD necro! 99% of all casters don't even show up until lvl 30! Which leaves the lower levels almost PURE MELEE!

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
GODZ!

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject:  

how many times do i have to say it, a good lvl 15 sorc will own any lvl 18.
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject:  

If they pwn so much...why does no one make? That is pretty much what I'm asking. Hell rushed sounds much more deadly but at 15 its not an option. There are no sticky builds for low sorcs or low casters of any kind.

Just wondering that is all. Relax Harry Potter book spoiler! Laughing

GODZ!

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject:  

theres a buttload of them on east. and i have no idea why people don't build them.
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject:  

Then perhaps I'll start the "buttload" here on West.

B[x]

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject:  

wfg-dude wrote:
For instance the lvl 15 hell rushed sorc sounds like it can do a little damage and might be a fun build. Normally nothing past lvl 12 can have a hell rush...so what are the thoughts here?

By the way the same logic applies to necros. You will never see a VLLD necro! 99% of all casters don't even show up until lvl 30! Which leaves the lower levels almost PURE MELEE!

A level 15 hell rushed sorceress can take out any level 9 and many level 18s. There is no way vLLD sorcs will be allowed to go to level 15. There have been at least three level 9 vLLD necros made on East NL. One was made by myself (a melee) and the others were both made by Meitou (a melee and a summoner). All three did well though Mei's faired a bit better because he invested more wealth into it - I just threw mine together for a 2v2 tournament.

[Important Links]
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject:  

B[x] wrote:
wfg-dude wrote:
For instance the lvl 15 hell rushed sorc sounds like it can do a little damage and might be a fun build. Normally nothing past lvl 12 can have a hell rush...so what are the thoughts here?

A level 15 hell rushed sorceress can take out any level 9 and many level 18s. There is no way vLLD sorcs will be allowed to go to level 15. There have been at least three level 9 vLLD necros made on East NL. One was made by myself (a melee) and the others were both made by Meitou (a melee and a summoner). All three did well though Mei's faired a bit better because he invested more wealth into it - I just threw mine together for a 2v2 tournament.

I never suggested hell rushing a sorc to 15 and having her compete vs lvl 9's! My suggestion was to allow sorcs to use equipment up to lvl 12. There are no godly runewords I can think of and no godly equipment with the exception of angelics set items. Not exactly godly, but formidable.

15's should stay at 15 and 18's should stay at 18 etc. I just think casters are underpowered a bit and should be allowed to use lvl 12 equipment. Necros at least have skill wands, skill shields. Sorcs only source of skills is a wand.

B[x]

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject:  

wfg-dude wrote:
I never suggested hell rushing a sorc to 15 and having her compete vs lvl 9's!

wfg-dude wrote:
So, my question remains. If sorcs (even with near optimal gear) are not viable at the VLLD level should the level be raised in order to inspire competition? For instance the lvl 15 hell rushed sorc sounds like it can do a little damage and might be a fun build. Normally nothing past lvl 12 can have a hell rush...so what are the thoughts here?

That sure sounds like you're suggesting that vLLD sorcs should be allowed to level 15. Either way it doesn't matter - it's water under the bridge.

[Important Links]
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject:  

Heh...my English Lit sucks! Sorry.

I don't think I'll make a vlld sorc anyway. My calcs using lvl 9 gear show her way too weak. No jewels can even help her much other than maybe dtm.

However, that 15 sounds good. Only casters I see on West are lvl 30 so that would be interesting!

Pheonix

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject:  

The_Sad_One wrote:
hey if your looking for a sorc orb for this build i have this for trade:

Yo man I'm making this build I need that Orb. LoL, I don't have one what you want?
mike_roch

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject:  

Hey just a quick heads up Check Dates. Also Rode has a very nice lvl 12 ice blaster on east nl.

RodeKil

BNet Acct/Realm: *Rfw , *RK_Rfw , *Rfw_Lld
1.22 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject:  

Yea, this is a very old post. I started reading all them, then I saw one of meshin's posts and was like wtf this is old.

Anyways, if you want to make a vlld lvl 12 sorc, use the defensive build its the way to go. Also, if you need any pointers, I'll be willing to point you in the right direction.

Page 3 of 4 [49 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: