LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:50 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Lvl 12 Ice Sorc Build proposal.
Page 2 of 4 [49 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject:  

breakbeatz2 wrote:
My basher would hit a level 12 character with 800 defense 62% of the time. That means you will block around 1 out of every 2 times I swing.

For those that don't see the math for how he got the 1:2 ratio
His barb's AR (approx): 2100
62 (out of 100 swings that go through 800 defense) * 0.25 (hits that get through 75% blocking) = 15.5 hits
100 total swings - 62 swings that go through the defense - 15.5 successful hits = 46.5 blocked attacks

46.5/100 ~ 1:2

[Important Links]
GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:34 am    Post subject:  

thanks for pointing that out break. I'm going fbr shield instead of dmg now.
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject:  

GODZ_llds wrote:
aww man that kills cuase it has to be all lvl 9 gear. but i might buy that for pubs. i'll talk to you about it through pm.

Actually lvl 12 is considered VLLD for a sorc. So, a lvl 12 would compete vs other lvl 9's.

That wand is very nice! Almost perfect! PM me if it is still available. Godz if you really want a lvl 9 wand check mine here:

http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15744

Not uber godly, but has nice mods!

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
LiveChaldean

BNet Acct/Realm: livechaldean and deeks
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject:  

what is teh E bug?

ISO: permed sojs and HR's
coatol2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject:  

wfg-dude wrote:
Actually lvl 12 is considered VLLD for a sorc.

Yes, but all of the gear the sorc uses must be level 9 required, by lld101 rules.

wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject:  

Embarassed Damn forgot about that! Embarassed

While we are on the subject...sorcs are already WAY overpowered which is probably why there are ZERO of them on this site or any other. Can't they relax the rules a little to make them more competitive? Or allow higher gear or something. I don't even think +3 to any skill even shows up on a lvl 9 req wand! Even with +3 to certain skills the sorc is not very viable. FCR on ammys starts at lvl 15 I think unless they are plain fcr.

I wasn't here during teh debates on lvl cutoffs...but does anyone agree???

I'd like to see vlld sorcs wouldn't you???

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
MeshinLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject:  

I have a LLD sorc, level 15

& also GODz, did you think about 2x angelic using ammy+a ring, that will give 20life(on ring), 20%dtm, +75 life(bonus on ammy for those two pieces), +10dex, rep life+6 and light radius +3

Just a thought ( i currently use 3x angelic pices of my 15 sorc.)

UsWest [NL]
*MeshinLLD
UsEast [NL]
*MeshinLLD
*Meshin
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject:  

MeshinLLD wrote:
I have a LLD sorc, level 15

& also GODz, did you think about 2x angelic using ammy+a ring, that will give 20life(on ring), 20%dtm, +75 life(bonus on ammy for those two pieces), +10dex, rep life+6 and light radius +3

Just a thought ( i currently use 3x angelic pices of my 15 sorc.)

Yes, I think 15 would be much more viable (if hell rushed) however, I think that 15's can't unless there is an exception for sorcs? Because then u can get fcr/stat jewelry. If you wear angelic armor don't you also get a +1 skill boost for having 3 out of 4 pcs? If so, you could put sig shield on the switch for frozen armor prebuff of +2! You'd lose a lot of defense tho.

Are there any sorcs that duel against u? I never see a caster category for 15's only melee and open.

GODZ!

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject:  

a good lvl 15 sorc can beat any non specific resistant lvl 18.
MeshinLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject:  

Good sorc = me, i duel in open 15, against anyone willing to get butt kciked, i havent faced a smiter but i got a duel for the arena spot tonight, since before this elsmokinmonkey has been sliding through it seems.

Yes you get +1 skills and a few other minor mods as well.
Sigs shield is too much str, even with a -15req jewel in it its too much str req. but i have a precast +3shiver armor orb, if i had sigs i would have +4 O.o but i would really like to see more level 15's out there!

And so you know, i have two variations of my sorc, a norm rushed and a hell rushed, both are very powerful, hell rushed hits for around 350-375 i belive, and the norm rushed hits for around 230 to 255 or 260, all resists are at least 60 on my norm rushed, and my resists on my hell rushed is maxed. Anyways ways a lvl 15 sorc is much better than a 13 sorc, as lvl 15 you have use of tarn helm, angelic armor, and +3 ice blast orbs. Which may be possible at lvl 12 ive only seen +2 for lvl 12 though.

But yeh.. i hate how ppl think sorcs at weak at the lower / mid LLD lvls.. it just ticks me off. But i understand why. So its all good.

UsWest [NL]
*MeshinLLD
UsEast [NL]
*MeshinLLD
*Meshin
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject:  

Couple of questions:

Can lvl 15's be hell rushed and still be lld101 legit? Cuz I'd like to hell rush. Are u fire or cold? If fire, are hotspurs allowed when dueling u? According to rules hotspurs are not outlawed so just wondering.

On switch I was thinking of using a skewer of krinitz w/sig shield and a 3s helm with amethysts in it for str. So, your sorc could use the same idea with a 3s helm with ame for enuf str to prebuff frozen armr then replace with tarnhelm.

Last note: I wanted to make this sorc VLLD. Lvl 12 is max for that. The dmg just doesn't work out at that lvl when I put the numbers on paper. However, I'd like to hear from you since u have xperience on whether or not a lvl 12 sorc is viable???

MeshinLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject:  

What makes it tuff for a lvl12 sorc is the lack of +to skills where her damage is at. i.e. Tarnhelm, 3x angelic, and the +3 to ice blast orb. And again as with a lvl12 she will have less life as your forced to use 15life lc's.
As opposed to 10life sc's (for a total of 400life (40x10=400)).

A lvl12 cold sorc is viable, but she will not be an instant killer, it will take some time. Full inventory of charms is a def. neccesity.

With the sorc, dont count on synergies to make her any stronger at this level. Put as many skill points into ice blast as possible (i belive would be 6 at lvl12 i cant think right now drugs are bad for you) then put rest into the synergy available,which would be, ice bolt. If you want to go for killing melee better, you could always drop the extra damage gained from the synergy bonus and put it into extra shiver armor, but thats only good vs melee. So that would be your choice on that matter.

The build i use is basicly a life build as you can probly tell, i think a lvl12 life build would do ok as well. I pus basicly nothing into energy, i think maybe 10 points? or 15 not sure, i dont feel like stripping items right now. But as long as you get a vbsod you should be fine even double ith it if you have to. Maybe keep a second back-up for non-official duels with 2x resists jewels or diamonds in it.

Well thats all for now im tired of typing. Lemme know if you need anything eles ^_^

UsWest [NL]
*MeshinLLD
UsEast [NL]
*MeshinLLD
*Meshin
GODZ!

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject:  

the only reason why i said that a lvl 15 sorc can beat any 18 is becuase with that much power it shouldn't be pushed to 15 when it can dominate up to that hi. I think lvl 12 is just the right vlld ballanced lvl for a sorc and the gear is fine at lvl 9. The hp/mana provisions will be a lot different from yours meshin. Its a mini takeoff of rancids original 15 sorc where all his hp is provided and mana is all the stats. I think it works out fine that way better than an hp would becuase i woudln't have to worry too much about dtm and even if i don't get hit for dtm to work, i have a lot of mana to work with.
MeshinLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject:  

Ive built a lvl 12 sorc before though, she worked fine for most duels, but i wanted more power+i like lvl 15 dueling more, so i remade to a hell rushed lvl 15, then remade to norm rushed 15 for ladder entry before i quit, and had forsaken get her on the ladder for me.

Either build is viable though. Going life/dtm is just as senseble as less life/mana stats less dtm, but my point is, your going to have the dtm anyways so why not take use of it?!?! im sure you wont have to go too far out of your way to get some %dtm on your orb, and then you have a vbsod anyways just get a medium high % one and your set.

Its all up to the builder i just decide to take use of the dtm seeing how its already there anyways. Where the more life greatly benefits.

And i know for a fact he will have %DTM no matter what because you cant hardly find a better ring ammy combo at low lvls than the angelic, by passing up angelic ring/ammy combo thats giving up 95life+more, and part of that more is 20% dtm, add that to 12%dtm from a vbsod there is already 32%dtm say your orb gets 6%dtm there you have 38% dtm which should be plenty enough.

Also if you dont go with dtm, your gonna go warmth, i only put one point into warmth but i get +2 to all skills. you might want a orb with +2ice orb +2warmth and some dtm/ life/mana stats. something along that combo. And for another point, your vbsod is gonna have 2os (lets assume you get a 2sock one) you can really only put in diamonds or jewels.. basicly the best thing you can do with that shield is either get some extra dtm along with life/mana or get some resists. or perhaps dtm with resists.

Basicly all im saying is that i think life builds are much more viable because you'll have the dtm no matter what. with 15 stats into energy you should be perfectly fine. and for caster vs caster duels where the dtm will have no use, you may agree on mana potions before the duel. so there is that.

Just arguing my point thats all.

And thanks for the genius idea about the flawed amys to buff str to use sigs, i never wouldve thought it. thanks!

UsWest [NL]
*MeshinLLD
UsEast [NL]
*MeshinLLD
*Meshin
GODZ!

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject:  

im making it 101 legal though, so it rules out angelics. And im ignoring warmth.
Page 2 of 4 [49 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: