LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:40 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
lvl 30 ww barb, questions and discussion
Page 1 of 2 [25 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next

which should i make? :)
2 handed insight partizan ww barb with angelics
21%
 21%  [ 12 ]
dual bloodletter ww barb with sojs/mana ring/skills ammy
32%
 32%  [ 18 ]
2 honor knouts with mana/skill misc
45%
 45%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 55

just shdw

BNet Acct/Realm: US WEST [NL]
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject:  lvl 30 ww barb, questions and discussion  

alright, now that ladder has FINALLY reset i have a nice number of eth insight partizans and plain insight partizans.

so i was thinking i'd make a ww barb since i have plenty of 21/22 max dmg jewels laying around. i dont really want to waste them on a crappy build so i need some suggestions/critisicm.

option 1: insight partizan ( aura lets me use angelics for insane ar and never neding mana ). 3 sokt max life armour. barb helm with + ww and max dmg jewels. sanders booties and upped bloodfists and string of ears etc..

option 2: dual bloodletters one shaeled for 4 frame ww and double then number of hits per ww. same setup but i would have to use sojs/mana skills ammy/ rare mana ring.

now i have a +1 barb 80 mana resists ammy/ a soj/ and a 112 ar 9 str 83 mana 10% fcr 20 life ring. these imo would make an insane combo?

anyway i need some input, how much frw have other ww barbs needed to catch those pesky sorces and will 2 handed insight be fast enough?

thanaks for suggestions guys.

would this be the eqiuvalent of the BvC hlder? with big life, resists and speed they would be a menace to any caster imo, except that it would be wise to use deaths belt vs cold sorces Sad losing mdr.

edit: ok had a look through some ww speeds and so on..

insight partizan 12 frame ww : 2 hits per second. range 4

dual bloodletters one shaeled: 3 frame ww 8.3 attacks per second range 1

dual honor knouts: 3 frame ww 8.3 attacks per second. range 3

right now the knouts are looking pretty nice. with maybe an insight on switch for mana regen?

range 3, good speed deadly strike and + 2 skills with an insight switch i could still use angelics and retain never ending mana.

i need some opinions on this. any other suggestions? maybe honor in a different weapon? thanks.

Last edited by just shdw on Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
fadextoxblackx

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:05 am    Post subject:  

IMHO ww barb without a sheild is only going to get killed rather than do the killing...at least from my experiences

I'd go honor Naga + ryhme Grim sheild with insight on switch for quick mana regen.

Beava

BNet Acct/Realm: quit d2 got jacked
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject:  

Yea shields do work better but dual wield is alot more fun! Very Happy

Vietthehand

BNet Acct/Realm: USwest *vietthelld *vietthefoot
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject:  

if you duel melee, you definently need a shield, however if you only plan on dueling casters than going 2 handed is better. i like your amy and rare ring but using soj on a ww barb sucks imo since it adds like 1-12 light damage which turns into negative damage if the person is wearing any mdr equip.
SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject:  

2 Shael'd Bloodletters is two times the fun!
just shdw

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject:  

SoaringSquirrel wrote:
2 Shael'd Bloodletters is two times the fun!

shaeling both gives me same speed as shaeling 1 Wink

has anyone made a sucseful ww barb lvl 30? i heard bel or mietoi had made one?

and with blocking and ww, will i have max block while in the ww animation? but it wouldnt show the blockin animation right?
plus i plan to be scabby and use a lifetap charges wand in pubbie games ^^ so will i still need a shield when dual wielding when i'm leeching alot of life back from double the hits?
AntiTyrant

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast - NL *kracked
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:54 am    Post subject:  

i dont know about melees... but as long as you have VERY fast r/w, you'll be able to well... take out pub casters, you are still going to have a hard time with ones that know the tele skill well... and by the sounds of it, you're not going to be facing anyone in an lld101 tourney, so tele is an option for them...
Stacked resists, inferno stride (if they have frw), increase speed skill are going to be good friends, as well as good ar rings. (if you're going to be pub, consider using the duped ones with 15 resists all)

10 cool points to DnB for the Sig! thanks
just shdw

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:03 am    Post subject:  

thanks for input. this guys gonna be 100% legit so no dupes btw.

i'm leaning towards honor knouts with insight on switch for mana regen and using angelics for decent attack rating.

then using a 3 ww helm and i will be able to place my 33 skills perfectly.
just shdw

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject:  

hmm it appears that when i use the weapon claculator and choose naga/naga with 0% ias it says to get 34% ias to reach 3 frame ww on my left hand weapon. then if i make the left hand weapon have 20% ias it says i will have 3.5 frame ww. now it also says if i add 34% ias to that it will give me 2.5 frame ww.

so 20 + 34 is say 55. i make the left hand one have 55 ias and then it says i need 8% more to reach 2.5 frame ww...

and then it also syays i need another 34% ias to reach 2 frame ww. i do this making it.. 55+35 = 90% ias. the results dont change..

this calc is confusing as hell with ww.

if i make both weaps 40% ias it says it should give me 2 frame ww, why then does it say only left hand weap ias matters? its contradicting itself so i'm left confused can someone please explain Sad

i'm using this calculator

http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/calcs/weaponspeed.php?lang=english

should i just get my 2 weapons, select ww then leave the ias on both at 0%. then check how much is needed to reach the next frames?
meitou

4.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject:  

When dual wield, both weapon with -35ias gives slightly more hits than when only the main weapon with -35ias. I tested it myself. After some trying around, I decided to use 40ias naga (main weapon) and Honor naga when I dual wield, because Honor's AR/DS/Skill/Str/Life replenish can make up for it's lack of speed.

On my sword ww barb, I prefer 2 shaeled bletters, since that build has low str/dex (base or close), I can't really use a Honor sword with decent damage. And for a bletter ww barb, low stats is the way to go, for vs non-melee chars anyway. When dueling, the hard part is before you can touch them, so you need as much life as possible to survive that distance. Once you make the contact, the dual b letter's damage/speed is usually enough to cut through.

Also, with several points put into dex, and with withstand shield, sander boots, P emrald socketed twitch, you can reach the max block, and deal with most of the noob meleers, and most of the even best LLD melee chars already. But don't expect to beat a lvl 30 ww barb which is built for melee duel.

You definitely need to max Increased speed, also with 80-120 fr/w from boots/charms. You can catch the runner/teler by...hmm, running, or by ww desynch. You will soon find out what's better to use, or not to use vs different type of char.
just shdw

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject:  

alright that sounds solid. i'll think i'll make an anti caster dual bloodletter barb. heres the helm ive got +3 bo +3 nat resists +2 increased speed. 3 sockets. perfect for caster killing imo.

so shaeling both bletters is better then shaeling one correct? i already have a perf shael bloodletter and a perf 15 max bloodletter from my old ww barb.

this is how i think my skills should look like:

sword mastery : 20
iron skin : 1
natural res's : 1
battle orders : 7
pre reqs : 1 each
increased speed : the rest

should i take some out of sword mastery to put into inc. speed? becuase with bletters it seems my dmg will be pretty low and i might need the ar/ed/critical to make up for it?

also use ripsaw vs casters for 80% ow people say?
meitou

4.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject:  

you don't need iron skin and natural resis with your helm.

Yeah open wound is a good idea vs casters, I would use a low req malice sword.

max speed is important I think.
just shdw

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject:  

alright kool, thats another 2 points saved for inc speed Smile

i'm just worried that bletters being range 1 weapons, wont be as affective as say range 3 nagas or knouts : /
meitou

4.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject:  

shdw_DeathAdder wrote:
alright kool, thats another 2 points saved for inc speed Smile

i'm just worried that bletters being range 1 weapons, wont be as affective as say range 3 nagas or knouts : /

Yeah, that's why I made naga wwer after bletter wwer.
just shdw

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject:  

is he better then the bletter wwer? i dont really have enough time to make both then remake them : /

and which came up with the best results?
Page 1 of 2 [25 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: