LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:05 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Level 30 Kicker Community Brainstorming Thread
Page 1 of 2 [26 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject:  Level 30 Kicker Community Brainstorming Thread  

Since kickers are now allowed to be level 30, I think many people will be making them in the near future. So to be prepared for all the "plz give stats, skills, items for lvl 30 kicker plz" threads, I thought why not let the community of LLD101 make a collective thread pointing out the ideal skill allocations, the best possible gear, the best realistic gear, average gear, stats, and so forth, and we can make it into a sort of combined guide with all the people who provide constructive help and ideas getting acknowledgment.

I'd be curious as to what we come up with. Very Happy

just shdw

BNet Acct/Realm: US WEST [NL]
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject:  

i'll start this off then, ive been panning to make a kicker for ages now, heres what i'll probably do.

***Items***

helm: 2 ma, 111 attack rating, 10 strength, 10% resist all,3 dmg reduced, 20%fhr circlet (shael)

armour: against most melee i'll be using rattlecage for the crushing blow and reasonable defence, p rubied. against sorces its perfect viper magi with a 15 resist 9 dex jewel.

boots: rare war boots with 30% frw and resists for best possible kick dmg

belt: string of ears 15% dmg reduced 15 mdr. the best belt for my build.

any spare skills your trapper might have could go into wakr of fire for lots of stun + kicks = not good duel i might try this with my build

now i'll luist some of the most elite gear a lvl 30 kicker could use:

2 shadow skills +3 venom claws. just 2 of these would give lvl 10 venom w/o even spending points in it, a huge boost for any kicker imo.

2 martial arts circlet/visionary mod/resist all/stats/2 sockets circlet. this would be insane...

15life 20 def scs are some of the best you can get for melee kickers.

2 martial arts 30% ias 2 sockets claws are godly also^^

gloves: up'd bloodfists, fhr life ias what more could you want

shield: 15% superior rhyme grim shield, for cant be frozen resists and good blocking. 3 p sapphires/topazes vs foh/cold sorces.

weapon: 2 martial arts 30% ias 2 sockets scissors katar socket with 2 hel runes. for good speed and enemy defence reduction.

i might switch to a strength rune word claw for the extra crushing blow against 2000+ life chars.

rings/amulet: angelics! the best choice for any melee, huge ar bonus dex bonus and dmg taken to mana.

weapon switch: 2 claws with +2 shadow disciplines. ideally you want these to have + venom for some nice psn dmg, though these are rare to come by. use these to prebuff burst of speed and if they have venom buff that too.

charms: mostly 15 life scs no need for any fhr scs i hit the break point nicely with bloodfists and my circlet. aiming for 15 life 20 defence on most. can switch around some with cold resist or light resist vs sorces/foh pallies.

***stats***

enough strength to wear my war boots (125) minus the strength my gear adds (strength runeword is the exception since i wont be using it in most duels)

enough dexterity to reach maximum block with my rhyme grim shield.

none into mana.

all the rest into vitality.

estimated life should be around 1090 75% block 350 - 500 kick dmg 5 kicks 50% fhr good kick speed 75% res all (able to stack 120 more light/cold) 50% weapon block for smiters/bone necros/hammer pallies.

i havnet made her yetthe gear listed is i think fairly good. i wouldnt expact anyones first kicker to have much of this gear.

thats what a decent kicker should look like :Wink:
Moritz

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject:  

ye shdw almost mentioned everything i think. i got a few little adds tho:

as armor u could also use a twitchthroe, 15stats, 20%block,20fhr also sounds nice. but i dunno if its better than rattlecage, just wanted to list it.
standard helm would be peasant crown, but circs can be better as shdw alrdy said. as charms, 15life/xxar sc's would also be nice, coz u need loads of ar for a kicker. im not sure if ele dmg works for kick, but if so, u could think about 15life/ele dmg sc's.
as belt u should also think about ik belt, which adds nice res and 25str for more dmg and res vs mage chars !!! vs melee, string is best solution imho. another possible belt vs casters: Crafted Blood Belt w/ 10% OW, 24 fhr, res and stats

but referring to the statting, i'd do it different. my kicker would have enough dex for maxblock and rest into str - nothing in vit. just like dex amas only the other way round. as str is nearly the only way to push your dmg ,a str only built will boots your dmg alot , i think 550-600 average dmg instead of 400-450. think with full inv with life sc's and PR socketed+angelics your life will be 800-900 without any point in vit.

skilling: max dragon talon. 1 in cm,bos,wpn blk, fade and venom. rest in dragon flight. in lvl30 u can use automods on claws and precast warrior i think. hes pretty handy for stunning and catching projectiles.

hope this helps, moe Very Happy
just shdw

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:36 am    Post subject:  

with angelics your ar will be about 8k already so yes life/ar scs could be usefull but only needed vs hi def chars 7000+ defence

due to the mdr bug where having little ele dmg will cause your damage to go negative you have to iether have alot of ele dmg or none, even 1 lightning dmg could stuff your build if the other player had 15+ mdr which is easy to achieve.

if you only pumped strength for dmg your life would take a nosedive and becuase asns dont do enogh dmg to stun they would be an open target.

if your having mana problems just use a 46 mana gc or something or 15 life 12 mana scs ( the best you can get ).

moritz you forgot one thing in yor build, the fhr. no fhr=dead asn i would take the 48% break point fhr over 280 life anyday. in the end it just makes you get more kicks in recover faster and everything
Moritz

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject:  

well ok 48 fhr should be possible. 30 from bloods, circs can have fhr, boots can have 10fhr, so u got 50. if u havent got fhr from equip u should just sock a shael in helm or armour (as u did too). btw if u use twitch u alrdy got 50 fhr alone from boots + armor.

i havent got that assa build, but i think the dmg with a vit build might be a bit too low. sould be nice if someone could test a vit assa and a str assa and compare the results.
just shdw

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject:  

if your on west i'll be glad to test one with you, me go vita you go strength?
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject:  

well im curious to see what knarl has in mind.

if i was to go for broke melee the build i think ill aim for is fade/venom 5 kick with tons of crushing

upped gtoes
rattlecage (sheal)
SoE 15%
+2shadow circ (sheal sheal)
+2ma 30ias talons (sheal + sheal)
(+2shadow +3venom buff scythes)
120ar/60mana rings/9str rings
+2ma 10ias gloves
+2shadow/90mana/60life/9str ammy
whitsans guard (9dex /all res jewel)

skills (after +'s)
20 Dt (24)
1 cm
1 bos
11 fade (19)
1 venom (13)

ill need about 20 X/20/15's

str: about 55 used
dex: about 45 used
vit: about 45 used
nrg: take a guess

50%crushing
about 200-350 kick dmg
venom 45 PvP psn dmg in 10 frames Twisted Evil
about 7k ar
about 1000 life with 34%Dmg reduction
60%fhr
about 300 mana (on 30 kicker!)

the crushing takes the kickers dmg up ALOT, and with the lower dmg from gtoes the venom helps counter sols a person might use.
also the lower str req is saving 35 stats!

yeah but all this gear ,,,,, i wish....

Moritz

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject:  

sry shdw, i play europe Sad
i got m8ts who got a str build, but they aint online alot atm, but when i see them i will ask em for correct stats and items and post em here.

ye also nice idea to play with lots of cb, but i think strength runeword also got cb on it (and 20str which means more dmg too) and some more and its REALLY cheap. TirEl or so^^
Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject:  

Jerkazoid wrote:
well im curious to see what knarl has in mind.

Well, I didn't really have anything in mind since I'm not too knowledgable with kickers. I just wanted to see what the new possibilities are at lvl 30 and what people are planning on using.

Question:

Shdw, why do you use rare war boots instead of upped goblin toes?

Everyone, which is the preferred boot? Would the war boot be better if it had godly mods? Is Upped gtoes the better way to go regardless? Are just about any war boots better than upped toes?

Moritz

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject:  

well rare war boots can have 30frw/10fhr/up to 5dex and 2*2x-3x to a single res. and war boots got just the highest kick dmg.
up'd gtoes r also a good choice but they have no frw or anything only 25%cb. i dont kow how much these 25%cb actually bring and cb is not oo effective vs chars which dont have alot of life. Smile

/edit: btw a wpn that isnt that bad: unique normal axe : The Gnasher (8str+50%OW+20%CB). dunno maybe usable for a CB build and 50%OW is nice too
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject:  

i made a post about the german D2 sites crushing calc.
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/calcs/crushing_blow.php
this can tell you how effective crushing is to your build vs other options

the gtoes suffers from lower dmg,
90 str, slvl 24 DT and gtoes your kicker will avg 288 but gain 25%crushing
125 str, slvl 24 DT and war boots your kicker will avg 380

against a player with 1000 life
the war boots are avg 64 a hit, kills in 16hits
the gtoes build are avg 60 a hit, kills in 17hits (but u save 35 stats)

against a player with 2000 life
the war boots are avg 64 a hit, kills in 31hits
the gtoes build are avg 70 a hit, kills in 29hits (save 35 stats)

this doesnt account for venom wich can add a great deal to your dmg IF u can buff it above slvl 8 AND the opponent has under 50% res.

most people WONT use gtoes, bc u can crush from other sources and war boots give superior dmg.
i suppose my advise is to use godly war boots.. they have the potential to have more beneficial stats along with dmg.
only against some 2-3k life oponnent would gtoes start to be a better option

i dont recomend flange or gnasher, the speed on these items is low and a small point, u dont benefit from claw mastery.
strength blade talons is the only runeword i would consider as an option.

fade looks like the best idea as well. gaining another 15-20% dr along with a SoE will really add to survival AND resistances. but this costs alot bc of shadow buffing gear and ias weapon, however it will be worth the gear since u may start to add over 200 venom dmg.

in anycase if u build with shadow buff massive fade u got 1 bos pre-req anyway incase.

weapons:
strength talons
ias weapon (5 sheal mil pick +jewel)
+skill talon
skills scythe

how to get rare hand scythes:
gamble: be ungodly patient....goto anya and bring gold. look for Cestus on the gamble screen, use a clvl 55-60, persistance gives your best chances.

imbue: white hand scythes with a clvl 55(the imbue will not save your +skill)

or use Pgems on a magical scythe found in NM Crystaline passage

shop for talons:
+2shadow or +2ma blade talons with 30ias can be shopped at anya.
use a clvl 45, 1:35k chances.....pray for 2 sockets from larzuk
+1 sin 30ias can also be shopped there (same clvl) 1:9k chances

boots:
rare war boots
upped gtoes
upped rare greaves

how to get rare war boots:
gamble: patience, youll need lots of it. look for Greaves on the gamble screen, use a clvl 65...IF u find good greaves req 25 or under, u can up them.
imbue at clvl 60

how to get rare greaves to up:
this is a cheaper option. gamble greaves with a clvl 35-40, must be req 25 or lower.
imbue greaves with clvl 40

helms:
+skills circlet
pcrown
lore

circlets:
gamble with a lvl 42.

armor:
spirit shroud
twitch
viper magi
rattlecage
rockfleece
artisans of squid

shields:
rhyme grim
whitsans
artisan of deflecting

belts:
blade buckle
SoE
Ik belt

gloves:
bloodfists
Ik
sanders
+2ma/10ias

how to shop +2ma gauntlets: anya loves you....
anyway shop with clvl 48-50,, gamble with clvl 55-60

Observer

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject:  

love the info :0
Lvl 30 FireBall Sorc (DECEASED)
Lvl 37 Bow Zon (DECEASED)
In Progress:
Lvl 30 Pnova Nec (DECEASED)
DeadlyLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: ShadowReborn
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Another idea  

Just thought I would share with you guys my idea of using rockfleece. On a lvl 30 kicker with the max strength build and only crushing blow from shaeled gnasher, with rockfleece, string of ears, fade, and sol runes, you could have 40-50% dmg reduced and it would take almost 500 dmg to take away any of your life at all after pvp penalty. I currently have a lvl 29 kicksin up in US East Ladder, and I am fairly sure that you can't really make one much better than that for melee duels. She has only lost to one lvl 35 kicksin, and otherwise beats almost every kicksin she meets up into lvl 40s. I am not sure if this is the best build, but it works very nicely for me.
just shdw

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject:  

it may work well but i want to make mine following the lld101 rules, this mean no rockfleece + string in any duel Confused
hero-lld

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
weapon: 2 martial arts 30% ias 2 sockets scissors katar socket with 2 hel runes. for good speed and enemy defence reduction.

im sure you meant eth runes Laughing

Quote:
shop for talons:
+2shadow or +2ma blade talons with 30ias can be shopped at anya.
use a clvl 45, 1:35k chances.....pray for 2 sockets from larzuk
+1 sin 30ias can also be shopped there (same clvl) 1:9k chances

hell or nm anya? i shopped for ages at both, best thing ive founf 1 ma 20 ias sciccors katars in nm. i just want to make sure which ones better

Page 1 of 2 [26 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: