LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed May 15, 2024 1:24 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
My First Low Level Dueler's Success
Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]  
Denzik

BNet Acct/Realm: Pennsylvania USeast/Ladder/SC
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject:  My First Low Level Dueler's Success  

Well Hello All... I'm pleased to inform you that from guidelines set by this website and my lurking around reading posts and gathering knowledge from all those on this site. I was able to make a successful Maul Bear lvl 29.

My Bear's Name is Denzin on my Acct. *Denzik on Ladder US East

I haven't gotten around to posting his stats. But i'm delighted to tell you that he's very strong for his lvl and there have been only a few character's who've been able to beat him on a constant basis. Those types are:
(Mind you all Publics and one Forum Member from here who's helped and accompanied me along my way to public games and rooted me on. Pretty sure "Hero" is is forum name... Know him mostly on Bnet as *Poopsue)

Characters who are over Lvl 40, and strong characters who've dueled before in the 30's have on occasion given me trouble. Namely Trapsins and Big Whirl-winding Barbs, who've got massive loads of life.

The only character who was able to beat me often who was under lvl 30 was a certain Paladin who used either Smite or Charge (the one that hits you from a distance and makes you not be able to do anything and knocks you back.) He also had a large amount of Open wounds as I constantly saw blood flying around me as I was drained fast and wasn't able to move.

I am proud though of my victories over a Lvl 48 Wind druid and silly- not -too experienced Trapsins who were lvls 56 and 44 that were brave enough to leave the safety of their traps.

My Maul bear doesn't have the absolute best gear, but he's got good gear and i've spent some time aquiring an inventory FULL of decent charms.

I have to say that i was pleased when i heard people say the likes of "Wow, Ouch, Argghhh, and Holy ****" after they've underestimated my bear. I don't hit for much more than 120-ish to 850-ish. The real power is from my underestimated speed. I've achieved a 5 frame Maul and i've even got some good FRW charms to help me run down those who've taken to fleeing after loosing batches of their life in a few swift swings.

I chose to do the Bear after apprently noticing that about 70% or so (estimating) of Low level duelers choose to do Assassins. or Paladins. To all of those assassin and paly loyals out there i've never played one, but i don't like to follow the norm. I'm also pleased to say i've had the upperhand in my bouts with Hero and his lvl 30 Kicker. They always come down to the wire, but i've come out on top more than he has.

I hope i'm not getting ahead of myself, but I love my Bear and i'd be pleased to duel any forum members on east Ladder to help me get a feel of how to deal with the professionals.

I will be leaving town for Romania with a small group from my University (South Carolina - Gamecocks!) for a month or so in the very near future. I may have to take a rain check on any invitations to duels, but i am sure i'll be back to meet up with any of you later.

Again i'm just pleased with the feeling of creating a low level character who follows the rules and has success in duels at low lvls vs. some higher levels.

~Denzik

Two pints of booze
Tell me are you a badfish too?Are you a badfish too?
-Sublime - Bad Fish
Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject:  

I'm glad to hear it. Hopefully those will be your first successes of many in LLDing. Cool

Nosferatu
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: Ladder East
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject:  

HAHA i just met poopsue(hero). with my making shael bear lvl 30 he even advised me to duel u, im rdy when u are. i just donated alot of stuff to help one of his friends Chris to be a new comer lld and hopefully do well.
MysticFalcon182

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:01 am    Post subject:  

Assassins are mainly vLLDers... Paladins, well, they're great all-around duelers.

And I love being underestimated... I've taken down lv40-50s with my lv12 Chargadin that way.

Denzik

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:35 am    Post subject:  

Knarl much thanks go out to you also for encouraging me to use the bear.

After re-reading the LLD101 rules i thought using attacks like Charge and smite were not-allowed or something. Maybe it was just late and i mis-interpreted things. Anywho i've still had the upper-hands in all bouts vs. characters who were under 30 that wasn't that single paladin charger or smiter or whatever he used.

Nos... We'll have many a duel i'm sure in-time. If you need any help with the bear let me know. i'm just trying mine out for now. I may though re-make after a while once i get a feel for him.

Mystic... I chose the bear because i didn't want to do VLLDing since it was simply all just assassins. I still see many low level trapsins flying around in every game but they're pansies who just sit back in their traps. Once they leave the safety of their traps the bear usually beats them down quickly.

Two pints of booze
-Sublime - Bad Fish
Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:41 am    Post subject:  

Sad I used to have a level 29 bear i could have dueled you on on ladder, now all I can use is a ranged char or an overleveled (although level 1 smite, and level 1 holy shield, no damage aura and only 15ias) healer Sad Oh well I'm sure i will see you around to duel with!
Sorcerdon

BNet Acct/Realm: Non-ladder East softcore
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:07 am    Post subject:  

sounds very nice... you shoud duel my paladin... I like bear druids....dats cause u need to hit them 2x to kill them even if u have 100000000000000 dmg
620 life
100 mana
2k def

Good Duelers I met:

FS_Boner - necro
Clitox - assn
BBQBQ - Sorc
Denzik

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject:  

Yup, if you're swift enough you're able to re-shift into a bear and avoid death.
I've escaped many-a-time with this... The best one was however a neck and neck deul the guy hurt me enough to un-shift me, yet, with the last swing of my weapon in druid form, i took him out. It was glorious.

Two pints of booze
-Sublime - Bad Fish
Phyre

BNet Acct/Realm: US East Ladder SC
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject:  

If you don't mind dueling someone outside the LLD101 rules, my 35 kicker sin is always willing to take on challengers.

*SlayerOftheWeak
MysticFalcon182

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject:  

I have a non-LLD101 rule lv30 Bear Druid! Catch me on:
*Dark89Intricacy

The Druid still needs his hell quests though.

GODZ!

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject:  

once again sorc u fail to see him as a ladder dueler, or maybe u forgot that u are non lad.
MysticFalcon182

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject:  

Me... What? Me?

Wow, I'm confused.

B[x]

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject:  

hey denzik, congrats on your druid. if you ever want a challenge, msg *B[x] and i'll bring in my level 30 sorc.
Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: