LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun May 19, 2024 9:12 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
omg deep throat nixon?
Page 1 of 4 [55 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Zero
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: U.S. east
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject:  omg deep throat nixon?  

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&u=/ap/20050531/ap_on_re_us/deep_throat_31

VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject:  

so? this happened before you were even born. hell, it happened before i was even born.

it was a big deal back then, but thats the past and it isnt anymore. now hell have his 15 minutes of fame, if he doesnt pass on before they end.

Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject:  

what a code name to choose
GODZ!

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject:  

i thought the exact same thing, deep throat, silly media humor. Well this guy should be a hero to the people for the contribution he's put in in unmasking the scandals in the government. Now we just need about a billion more to fix our present gov.
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject:  

VoicesLLD wrote:
so? this happened before you were even born. hell, it happened before i was even born.

it was a big deal back then, but thats the past and it isnt anymore. now hell have his 15 minutes of fame, if he doesnt pass on before they end.

Actually, you don't understand how significant "Deep Throat" was. He literally brought down a President. Before him, our government operated with complete solvency and secrecy, and no one talked. For people alive and following the news at that time (which, yes, was a few years before I was born, too) this guy was a cult hero. The question of who he was was one of the biggest American mysteries of the 20th century, and for a *lot* of people learning his identity was enormous. Hell, even I was excited, and I've only read the case histories.

Now, the only mysteries left to us are what happened to the Lindburgh baby, and which idiot producer approved production on Brittney Spears' new reality TV show.

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
ATOMICMAN
Official LLD101 Drunkard

BNet Acct/Realm: *ATOMICMAN-LLD USEastNL Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject:  

well he did uncover a huge scandle but did anyone notice he was second in command at the fbi? does anyone care what he did was a felony? he leak sensitive investigation information. not that it was, what if it was a murder case? and the information he leaked could have gotten someone killed? id hope no one would make him into a hero for that...

anyway he wont get in trouble for it since the media is making him into a huge hero and hes 91 years old...

I am the bullet in the gun
I am the truth from which you run
I am a silencing machine
I am the end of all your dreams...
GODZ!

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject:  

Would you say the few select people that were stealing the "American" money and keeping it for themselves instead of public uses, which is what it was meant for, was treason or was the person who got rid of a president and his cabinet who was taking public money for themselves committing treason?

What your saying is that by helping the, "people," which is what this country is all about, the people, is committing the "wrong doing?" And 12 or so people who were keeping all of the huge public project's sums of money was the lawful thing to do?
Zero

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject:  

VoicesLLD wrote:

Umm, you dont even live in America.

I'd say this is a big deal considering it uncovers the person that made the only president of our country to resign. Also like godz said, he blew the lid off of a government that was stealing pubic money.

So thanks for critizing, but its a little uncalled for and uneducated imo.

Entreri

BNet Acct/Realm: Wsccl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject:  

Zero wrote:
VoicesLLD wrote:

Umm, you dont even live in America.

I'd say this is a big deal considering it uncovers the person that made the only president of our country to resign. Also like godz said, he blew the lid off of a government that was stealing pubic money.

agreed.
we just studdied this in history, and i was a little curious, because those two reporters had the name locked up somewhere, and they wouldn't let the information out until after they, or the informant died. kind of cool if you ask me
ATOMICMAN
Official LLD101 Drunkard

BNet Acct/Realm: *ATOMICMAN-LLD USEastNL Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject:  

he blew nothing, this was already being investigated at the time, he gave information about the investigation to the media before the investigation was finished. nixon got caught yes that was good i have nothing against covicting wrongdoers, what i have a problem with is why is the one the highest up in the fbi giving away information to the media when the investigation isnt over? after the story came about nixon and his lackies went into a frenzy to destroy evidence, what more could he had been doing if he hadnt been tipped off early? like i said before what if there were lives involved? what if we were going to attack some terrorists and someone in the pentigon leaked information about the attack and as a result soldiers lost thier lives?

I am the bullet in the gun
I am the truth from which you run
I am a silencing machine
I am the end of all your dreams...
Zero

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject:  

ATOMICMAN wrote:
he blew nothing, this was already being investigated at the time, he gave information about the investigation to the media before the investigation was finished. nixon got caught yes that was good i have nothing against covicting wrongdoers, what i have a problem with is why is the one the highest up in the fbi giving away information to the media when the investigation isnt over? after the story came about nixon and his lackies went into a frenzy to destroy evidence, what more could he had been doing if he hadnt been tipped off early? like i said before what if there were lives involved? what if we were going to attack some terrorists and someone in the pentigon leaked information about the attack and as a result soldiers lost thier lives?

thats no reason to say it didnt matter as voices did.

Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject:  

ATOMICMAN wrote:

I'll offer two comments on this:

1) People who trade freedom for security often wind up with neither. (Whose quote that is escapes me at the moment. Jefferson or Franklin, I believe)

2) Watching the uncomfortable stranglehold the current administration has on the American media, I am reminded how easily democracies become dictatorships. All you need to do is convince the people that you are right and everyone else is wrong, and they won't even notice until the jackboots start kicking their heads in. God Bless Deepthroat! Our soldiers die to defend an ideal, we pay our taxes to support that ideal, and we elect our representatives to promote that ideal on our behalf. When we cannot trust our elected officials to conduct themselves in a manner becoming their station it is incumbent upon the conscience of every citizen to be watchful for wrongdoing by our officials, and to bring these wrongdoings to light in a public venue. We elect our officials - we deserve the right to judge them in the light of day - not behind closed-door proceedings wherein questionable activities thrive. (That's not a quote; that's just my opinion.)

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject:  

Zero wrote:

i wasnt criticizing, but stating my opinon of "who cares". apparently i was wrong but thinking no one should care. oh no?

and thats right, im not american, thank god. but just because someone lives in another country doesnt mean it doesnt affect them.

and uneducated? yea maybe, we dont learn that much about the american history in canadian schools, we learn about canadian history. but i still dont see the big deal about this.

this name of deephtroat essentially has the same significance to me, as revealing the guy who plays "jack" from the jack-in-the-box commercials. i simply dont care about somethig that happened before i was born, and something that doesnt affect us anymore today.

governments will always be sneaky people looking to get rich for doing nothing, and without telling the public. if you think this is the first and only time this kind of thing will happen...enjoy that secure little world of your own you live in.

GODZ_llds wrote:

What your saying is that by helping the, "people," which is what this country is all about, the people, is committing the "wrong doing?" And 12 or so people who were keeping all of the huge public project's sums of money was the lawful thing to do?

someone steals food to feed the poor. they are still breaking the law. "a wrong doesnt make a right", im sure you;ve heard that before.

Last edited by VoicesLLD on Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zero

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject:  

VoicesLLD wrote:
thats right, im not american, thank god.

All im going to say to this is fuck you voices! its well diserved, canada has had some fuck-ups themselfs so sush

but just because someone lives in another country doesnt mean it doesnt affect them.

this doesnt affect you, at all

and uneducated? yea maybe, we dont learn that much about the american history in canadian schools, we learn about canadian history. but i still dont see the big deal about this.

If your uneducated on the subject, dont speak on it, you dont seem it to be a big deal because u ARE infact uneducated on the subject. I myself am not an expert on nixon but that doesnt mean I cant see the big deal behind this.

this name of deephtroat essentially has the same significance to me, as revealing the guy who plays "jack" from the jack-in-the-box commercials. i simply dont care about somethig that happened before i was born, and something that doesnt affect us anymore today.

If you dont care, y did u post besides to stuff up some controversy?

governments will always be sneaky people looking to get rich for doing nothing, and without telling the public. if you think this is the first and only time this kind of thing will happen...enjoy that secure little world of your own you live in.

Now please, your attitude of not caring is pissing me off, you wanted an arguement, there you have it.

VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject:  

Zero wrote:

All im going to say to this is fuck you voices! its well diserved, canada has had some fuck-ups themselfs so sush

yea, our government isnt perfect either. but guess what? we dont have half our population running around like gun toting lunatics (NRA). half our country isnt inbred rednecks wishing they could still own slaves (racists, bigots, the entire south of amerca, KKK). our country isnt poluted to the point that OUR national symbol (the bald eagal) is flocking to OUR biggest ally (canada) and not coming back. and we arent buynig our water and power from other countries to help keep our people alive (florida).

Quote:

this doesnt affect you, at all

Zero wrote:

if you cant see how 1 governments actions affect the rest of the world, let alone their closest ally, im not going to bother trying to exlpain it.

Quote:
If your uneducated on the subject, dont speak on it, you dont seem it to be a big deal because u ARE infact uneducated on the subject. I myself am not an expert on nixon but that doesnt mean I cant see the big deal behind this.

when did not knowing anything about the subject at hand ever stop you from posting, pwned? please tell me.

Last edited by VoicesLLD on Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 4 [55 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: