LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed May 22, 2024 3:55 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
..::*Cookie Cutter Lvl 29 Zealot Build*::..
Page 3 of 4 [58 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Goran

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject:  

Some questiosn regarding this set up as I am currently making one and all I need is Honor and some more jewels... Ok here goes:
Quote:
Skill Layout
At Lvl 29 You Get 32 Skill Pts to Play Around With. 28 From Lvls and 4 From Skill Q's. So Here's What It Should Look Like.

17 Zeal
12 Conc

How do you skip pre reqs? You need Sacrifice to get to zeal and you need I think 2 skills to get Conc. Am I correct? After 1 point into pre reqs what will my skill setup look like? And what if I were to get nm rushed also?

Quote:
Strength:Enough for your Gear and your Gear Only.
Dexterity:Enough to hit the Max Block. (75%)
Vitality:Rest of the Points

Next up... Would you recommend using 5 str lcs or actually putting points into str? I kinda like the look of a naked pally that is str glitched especially now with not many using maphack from the bans...

For Gloves should I really go with Deaths + Deaths belt or get bloodfist and something else? Wut is everyones views on this?

And finally with the pre reqs and stuff what kind of damage would I be looking at with a norm rush and a nm rush? Is this build meant for serious duels or can it be an effective pub killer? My main audience is going to be norm baal runs...

Thanks!
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject:  

Well, I don't think you actually read all 3 pages of this guide because answers to all your questions are in there. Also, there is the sticky called "everything about lld/vlld" (or similar title) which answers all your questions.

I'll give u some short answers:
1. If you are building a legit dueler then norm rush is all u can do.
2. If you are dueling pubbies why stop at nm...just hell rush and get it over with.
3. Deaths combo gives massive ias, res, cbf typically the choice of most ppl. However, bfists offer fhr, life, etc. so really depends on the type of build you are going for. Lvl 29's usually use niether of those they use sanders for the increase in ar, life. For all u lld101 freaks I know I'm not 100% right here because every situation dictates different items choices...but: Lvl 18 typical choice is: deaths and cow king boots Lvl 29 typical choice is string and sander set. There are times when sigons make more sense or ik or w/e...so don't take what i say as law...read the stickies
4. Big difference between legit dueler and pubbie killer. Almost any decent dueler is good at pubbie. If you want a BM dueler that can kill any level then take your char to MLD and pwn everyone. Legit duelers take a long time to build and are very xpnsive IMO.

Good Luck...read the stickies. You'll get more info than from what I just posted.

Steve

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Goran

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject:  

I did read all 3 pages (like once a day since last week lol). There was a lot of stuff about a 15k defense pally and how possible/gay/impossibe/useless it would be to have.... Anyway...

1) Not Legit ( I havent even seen a single dueler in normal not even chargers... not lvl 9 sins or anything!!!! but I know theres a few from dii.net)
2) This is East HCL if you can safely rush a pally through hell then ok otherwise I'm not risking it lol
3) Reason I wanted to know about pub dueling is because I want ears fast. I want it to be over as soon as I hit him lol... I wanted to do this because I've made too many 24+ chargers and I want to try something new... Can this 1 hit kill (well 5 hits really but you know what I mean)?
diet_sushi

BNet Acct/Realm: Korea's got SEOUL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject:  

Goran wrote:

How do you skip pre reqs? You need Sacrifice to get to zeal and you need I think 2 skills to get Conc. Am I correct? After 1 point into pre reqs what will my skill setup look like? And what if I were to get nm rushed also?

Next up... Would you recommend using 5 str lcs or actually putting points into str? I kinda like the look of a naked pally that is str glitched especially now with not many using maphack from the bans...

For Gloves should I really go with Deaths + Deaths belt or get bloodfist and something else? Wut is everyones views on this?

And finally with the pre reqs and stuff what kind of damage would I be looking at with a norm rush and a nm rush? Is this build meant for serious duels or can it be an effective pub killer? My main audience is going to be norm baal runs...

Thanks!

Do the Math 17 + 12 = 29 you get 32 Skill points to play with so obviously the extra points would be used to pre reqs I didnt think i would have to include that information but I guess now i do with NM rush you would just dump the extra points into Sacrifice for more damage

5+ Str LC's = 15 Life LC's by using str charms you put more into Vit and each point into vit = 3 Life so therefore by using a 5 Str LC you put extra 5 points into vit which comes out to only 15 Life so i wouldnt suggest using Str/Dex charms unless you want your opponent to be confused as to why he got beat by a naked paladin (The str glitch only works on other peoples screen on your screen your character will still appear to wear his gear)

and also the damage depends on how much you worked on the character you can look at as low to 1.5k all the way to 3k damage it really depends on your gear

You could go with Bfists + string as long as you can hit the 5 frame zeal you'll be fine but if you go with Bfists there is no possible way you can hit 5 Frame zeal with any [-10] Base speed honor weapon therefore i wouldnt suggest it since anything slower than 5 frames is way too slow

It can be a effective pub killer or a serious dueler but if your trying to kill pubs I wouldnt suggest using a Melee character such as a Zealot

wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject:  

You definately won't one hit (or one zeal attack) kill someone. Unless they are noobish beyond imagination. I would think HC ppl tend to know what they are doing so one hit kills may not be too possible. (do hardcore ppl wear sigons in duels Shocked ).

You also said you want to kill them in norm baal runs so why not just make this char lvl 65 and really wreak some havoc??? Make a nigma/aura pally that one hit kills with hf aura. Someone here made a guide for making a norm only lvl 65 hf aura pally. I think thread was named "total act cleaner".

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Goran

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject:  

not that rich but hopefully I should kill some on hc... Since the people I duel will be 15+ levels higher they will most likely think hes stupid and wont be ready for a fast exit when they see their life not good'd in a matter of a second or two
Goran

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject:  

I just got a deal for a divince scepter with +3 zeal base and it already has honor made so +4 total zeal...

requires 103 str!!!!! where will I get that str from? Should I grab this or not?? And wuts it worth so I can offer a trade?
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject:  

Well if you are dead set on making this guy low level then 103 str is massive! Superior War Scepters are normally what are used. But, for honor, eth honor knouts are typically the weapon of choice! HI dmg, fast speed, cheap to make. I might be wrong...but I don't remember ever seeing anyone with honor divine scepters. IMO you would lose too much life stat by using 103 for your str base.

Have you thought of using an eth bonesnap on a barb? That weapon is a one hit killer some times! Even a norm bonesnap does well...but eth pwns especially if hi ed. You can even socket it and make it godlier! (until it breaks Sad )

diet_sushi

BNet Acct/Realm: Korea's got SEOUL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:57 am    Post subject:  

Goran wrote:
I just got a deal for a divince scepter with +3 zeal base and it already has honor made so +4 total zeal...

requires 103 str!!!!! where will I get that str from? Should I grab this or not?? And wuts it worth so I can offer a trade?

Its quite a nice weapon and With that honor you do save 4 points from zeal and therefore you would put more into sacrifice thus having more damage

103 str is quite a bit but its a trade off between damage or life

People dont bother using divine scepters because using a plain honor divine isnt worth it but if it has a premod such as Zeal/Fant its most definetely worth it

Goran

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject:  

So I need 103 str to use it. The Honor itself gives +10, twitch gives +10 and sanders boots gives +5, so I need 78 base str. This is a lot of work! I will most likely do 4x 5 str lc's to help me get there.

What I would really like is a jewel with max damage AND str! That would be really helpful! How hard are these to find and is it even possible?

So I will need either 78 base str which means pretty much no life or I can get 20 or so str from lc's and do the rest with my stat points which means 97 stat points left WITH a hell rush. That only leaves me with 291 life IF I put all my points into vit but I'll probably need some dex but maybe not many if I can prebuff?

Looks like his damage will be decent but will lack life and in HC that is a big priority Sad
How much life can i get from sc's and lc's at that level? If I can find an eth knout or even a regular one I am going to make it my self just because the tradeoff seems so high. I want to dish out damage but I dont want to die in 1 hit because I have some 500 life =\

How long would an eth honor knout last? If its only going to last a few days or a week or so then it wont be worth it for me not because of the runes but because how hard it is to find one (so many dropped when I didnt need one and now that I do I cant find one!!!!)
Vex_souL

BNet Acct/Realm: *Wr4ith, *OMG-Wr4ith, *Vex_souL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject:  

As far as life charms go, somewhere in the mid 20s is the max(Or so I believe), and for small charms it's 15.
I think the knout will last a few weeks. My friend has eth javs with no replenish and he's dueled for atleast a week and lost 2 durability at max.
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject:  

First of all you are asking questions way beyond the threads' original intention. You are trying to make a lvl 30 hc pk hopin to pounce some unsuspecting noobs and such.

Edit: The honor adding 10 str won't help u equip it unless u use charms cuz u still need 103 to use it Wink
Max life on charms for lvl 30 is 15 for an sc.
Yes you can get max/str on same jewel...just sold a 7max/5str jewel to akara today (lvl 12 i believe on the jewel).

IMO if u want PK in HC I definately wouldn't use a melee unless godly high level with godly gear. Because since zeal attacks all targets around I could just cast IM on u and run around...your zeal would kill yourself! Ranged is just better because if I have low life or bad gear then I am still out of harms way by casting or firing from a long way away. Secondly, since level isn't (or shouldn't) be an issue to you why stop at lvl 30 and worry about stat points to invest? Take to lvl 40 or 42 for GC skillers or even lvl 59 so u can use fort/grief Twisted Evil

If you are worried about life and this is HCPK u are talking about...I think your the one thats gonna get pwnd. Eth knouts last...if dueling constantly...probably around 100 duels or so.

A quick suggestion: Build this guy in ladder or non ladder or even open first to try him out before making HC. Also, to maintain the integrity of this thread (cuz ppl do read this stuff) I would start a new thread if I were u in the general discussion forum. U might get a better response from other evil duelers anyway!

Inexorable

BNet Acct/Realm: TheSupplier, Cancerofdabowel
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject:  

Few things I should add.

1. Skills should not always be 17 zeal 12 conc. 12 Conc for sure, but only enough into Zeal for your desired AR level. I decided I wanted close to 6k AR with my gear which only required 12 Zeal, letting me drop 5 points into Sacrifice.

2. Only hard-point Holy Shield if you absolutely CANNOT get a +holy shield scepter. They're shoppable in Nightmare. Shop one.

3. Gear:
Shield - 4OS pally shield with 60+ed/110+AR is the way to go. There isn't really a need for an Artisan's of Deflecting with 41+/80+, as they're far too rare to be of practical use, and with an Honor Knout as weapon, you're already pretty damn close to max block as it is, if you have anything more than +1 HS on switch, you'll be there. Another shield you want in your Stash is a 4-Socket 35+ resist all shield, ideally of the same type as your main shield(or with better blocking) socketed with 2x P Sapphires, 2x P Topaz. I say this over P diamonds because if you are dealing with casters in the lld world, you do not need a massive +fire resist stack, or poison resist. Fire resist can be taken care of via another Twitch socketed with a Ral or Hotspurs. Poison resist is already taken care of with the Death's combo. 115+ cold and lightning resist should be enough to deal with any caster up to around level 38-39.

Helm - 3OS helm, your choosing, equal to or less than the strength requirement of your weapon + 10. You're using Honor, which adds 10 str on top of your twitch, sander's boots' str bonuses. The numbers are: 92 str or less for Knout users, 113 Str or less for Divine users. For those able to get ahold of 20+ max damage jewels, I suggest a 2 socket Visionary of XXX, where XXX is any of the following: 10% fhr, 10-20 life, +strength, +dex, +whatever you want. Obviously Rares with a combination of such are valued even more. The "best" rare would have(and it would be a circlet) : +1 Paladin Skills, Visionary, 2 sockets(prefixes), 10% FHR, +life, and either +strength or +max damage built-in. Alternately, Artisan's of XXX helms work just fine.

Weapon - Honor. Rares can work really well if 140+ed with AR and at LEAST 2 sockets. Base speed 0 weapons will also need an "of Alacrity" mod to reach a 5fpa Zeal with Twitch and Death's. +1 Paladin Skills, +minimum damage, +maximum damage, +strength, -requirements ae ALL highly desireable mods. Socket with either an ed%/15max jewel, or 20+ max jewel, whichever will add more AVERAGE damage. Remember, the 250 AR, +1 skills, 10 strength and 25% deadly strike on Honor give it very very major advantages over rares and as such, the rares have to be so much more above and beyond Honor's stats to overcome it in average damage over time that Honor is the cheaper, easier way to go until you come to posess one of those rares. As for what to make the Honor out of, Knout is a very good choice. Not too bad on the requirements, great damage, range 3. The dexterity requirement on it is usually enough to put your block near or at 75% after an application of Holy Shield. You *might* have to add another 3-4 points in Dex, depending on your shield. Divine Scepter is another great option, trading in the Dex requirement for 21 more required Strength, plus the ability to get Automods. +3 Zeal, +3 Concentration, +3 Charge/Holy Shield on a Divine Scepter would make it incredible.

If you're looking to run a 4frame Zeal build, run it just like a 5framer, but swap the Honor with a 5Shael version of that weapon.

Armor: Twitch. FHR, 20 useful stats, 20 ICB, and 20 IAS. What's not to love? Socket with: Pruby(for you life fanatics out there), 15max(on the cheap), 15max/40+AR(The ideal way to go, IMO), or 20+ max(if you already have enough AR, more damage is your friend)

Rings/Ammy/Boots/Gloves/Belt: Angelics, Angelics, Sander's, Death's, Death's, in that order. Dex, DTM, Life, Massive AR, replenish life, 15 all resists, 50 poison resist, 75% poison length reduction, and 15 stats altogether. Sign me up. If you must use duped rare boots, go ahead, but you're trading valuable run/walk, AR, str and dex for possibly more fhr, some resists, and a lot of strength, usually. It's your choice. Sander's are my pick, however.

Charms: You want at least 27% FHR, so an "of Balance" Grand Charm fits the bill perfectly, ideally with Sharp as the prefix. 3 ways to go with the rest of your charms, 2 of them reasonably cheap, one of them very expensive.
1. 9x Sharp GCs of XXX(life, fhr). High damage, nice AR, useful second mods. Fill rest of slots with 13-15 life SCs. Pro: Nice damage, great AR. Con: low life.
2. 37x 13-15 life SCs, ideally with second mods. Pro: Great life. Con: Damage/AR may seem a bit lacking.

3. 37x Fine SC of Life/Sustenance. PRO: Max/ar/life rolled into one sweet little package. Not much else you really need. Con: Rare as hell, expensive to trade for.

Note that unless a rare requires it, or you need Shaels for a 4frame build, or you use of Balance SCs, this build can be done at level 27.

Ideal goals for your Zealot(these are with a non-ethereal Honor as your weapon):

Starting:
200-1.4k Zeal damage
4k+ AR
600+ Life
27%+ FHR
75% poison resist, 25-30% for the rest of the resists.
Getting the hang of this LLD thing:
250-1.8k Zeal damage
5k+ AR
725+ Life
27%+ FHR
35-40% resist all, 75% poison resist

Elite ass-kicking 29:
325-2.25k Zeal damage
5.75k+ AR
800+ Life
48% Fhr
50+ resist all, 75% poison resist.

That should about cover it.

Knarl wrote:
Inexorable beat LittleKnarl, 4-3. Grumble grumble. My poor smiter.

Knarl wrote:
4-3 for inexorable again in melee. 10 life...pssh.

If you cannot take the heat....
Inexorable

BNet Acct/Realm: TheSupplier, Cancerofdabowel
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject:  

wfg-dude wrote:
Eth knouts last...if dueling constantly...probably around 100 duels or so.

Try around 15-20 duels. I know, I've used non eth knouts, non eth divines, and eth versions of both. Eth knouts last 15-20 duels, eth Divines 40-50.

Knarl wrote:
Inexorable beat LittleKnarl, 4-3. Grumble grumble. My poor smiter.

Knarl wrote:
4-3 for inexorable again in melee. 10 life...pssh.

If you cannot take the heat....
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject:  

Cancerofdabowel wrote:
wfg-dude wrote:
Eth knouts last...if dueling constantly...probably around 100 duels or so.

Try around 15-20 duels. I know, I've used non eth knouts, non eth divines, and eth versions of both. Eth knouts last 15-20 duels, eth Divines 40-50.

He's talking pwning pubbies and noobs. Which is a ONE HIT kind of duel most of the time. My pubbie eth honor lasted for months before I traded it with ONE dura left to a pubbie I just pwnd 5 times in a row for UM rune! LOL...the ultimate pwnge. Kill em all day and sell them teh worthless wep u beat them with for UM...WOOT! Twisted Evil Just gotta wait for those magic words..."Can I see what u use?"

Yes, if you are in some epic duels against other good chars with good block and good defense etc...15+ fights is all you will get out of it.

Page 3 of 4 [58 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: