LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:16 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
..::*Cookie Cutter Lvl 29 Zealot Build*::..
Page 1 of 4 [58 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
diet_sushi

BNet Acct/Realm: Korea's got SEOUL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject:  ..::*Cookie Cutter Lvl 29 Zealot Build*::..  

Table of Contents
[1] Introduction to The Guide
[2] Information Useful to All Zealots
[3] Rare Weapons Vs Honor Weapons
[4] Gear Choices
[5] Update List
[6] Credits/Disclaimer

[1] Introduction to the Guide
Hello, My Name is L337h4x0rz I Figured I Left this Guide to Dust So Now I Changed it a Bit so its alot Eazier to Follow. Since Many Peeps Told me my Guide was a bit Confusing and a little hard to Read. I've fixed it up and I'm guessing this is going to be the last update since this is Everything I Know about LLD Zealots.

[2] Information Useful to All Zealots
Skill Layout
At Lvl 29 You Get 32 Skill Pts to Play Around With. 28 From Lvls and 4 From Skill Q's.

Save all your skills ,and put all your gear on with charms. Now keep putting points into Zeal until you reach 4000 AR. Then just dump the rest into Conc and Sacrifice. Think this way is a bit better honestly since you wont waste a extra 3-5 Pts into Zeal. You Wont Need Anything Higher than 4000 AR. If your still not hitting those high defence characters use Blessed Aim.

You will also need at least 1 point into holy shield if you cannot afford or find a + Holy Shield scepter.

Faster Hit Recovery/Zeal Speed Breakpoints
The FHR or Faster Hit Recovery Breakpoints come out like this

6 Frames 27 Total FHR
5 Frames 48 Total FHR

You Dont Need to hit the 48 Since Zeal is Interruptable. Go For 27 FHR Breakpoint at least. If your Lacking get a Sharp GC of Balance or a 10/xx/12 FHR Grand Charm and with Twitch. Then you should hit the 27 FHR Breakpoint

Zeal Speed is always Different with Each Weapon. Some Weapons Have Faster Base Speed than others. I'll Only List the -10 Base Speed Differences since Most LLD Zealots use these types of Honor Weapons.

Zeal Speed Differences with a [-10] Base Speed Weapon
6 Frame <-- 8 Ias
5 Frame <-- 42 Ias
4 Frame <-- 142 Ias

Don't even Bother with the 6 Frame Zeal. You'll be Pummeled by anyone and anything. 5 Frames is basically Standard for any LLD Zealot ,but you could go for 4 Frame Zeal.

Stats
Stats for All Characters are basically the same.
Strength:Enough for your Gear and your Gear Only.
Dexterity:Enough to hit the Max Block. (75%)
Vitality:Rest of the Points.
Energy:None Whatsoever.

Few Items to Have in Stash
--For Smiters Have a 4'Sol Shield 3'Sol Helm. This Will Basically Null All Smiters at 27-30.
--For Casters I Suggest a 4os 40+ Resist 4x15-24 Jewels Shield with a Honor Divine with a 1-3+ Charge.

Basic Zealot Dueling Info/Tips
1) Walk Dont Run -When you Run your Blocking is actually Decreased so its best to remain walking in every melee Duel.
2) Zeal is uninterruptible - So Basically once you start you'll have to wait till its done. That's why speed does play a part in Zealot Duel. Even a horrible 4 framer can get the edge over a 5 Frame Zealot.
3) Dont be a Baby and Cry - Even against a Smiter, CS Zon, or any BM Build if you lose you lose that's that.
4)Zeal is Uninterruptable and that means you wont be put into FHR animation, But you Can still block your opponents Zeal Thus FHR Does not play a Huge part in Zealot Vs Zealot Duels.
5)Dont WASTE A SINGLE POINT INTO HOLY SHIELD Go Buy a 1-3+ Holy Shield Magical Scepter from Drognan. This will save you 5 Skill Points.

[3] Rare Weapons Vs Honor Weapons
If You're Going with a Rare Weapon It's First To Know What you really want to look for Vs a Honor Weapon.
--With a Honor Weapon You Get a lot More Attack Rating, Deadly Strike, and Strength Than You Can Get with any Rare Weapon.
--Yet With The Right Rare Weapon You Can Achieve More Damage and Actually hit the 4th Frame With the Perfect Rare Weapon.

.::*Mods You Want On A LLD Rare Weapon*::.
130+ Ed (Yes you can get higher than 100ED The Prefix Knights , Fine , Warriors , Soldier's , Sharp All Stack with Merciless)
10-100AR (Its Gonna Vary Of Course with the Prefix you recieve)
Etheral/Repair (Possibly Only Way its going to contend with a Honor Weapon Dmg Is If its Etheral / Repair)
20-30 Ias (This is a bit Vital with the Right Ias on the Right Weapon you Wont need the use of Twitch Or the Use of Death Gloves)
2os (Need this for 2x Ed/Max Jwls or Possibly Shaels If You Needed Extra Ias But This is Highly Optional)

So Overall My Suggestion IS DONT BOTHER WITH RARE WEAPONS. Unless you paid overpaid for a rare classic weapon that doesnt contend with the limits of .1 then Go ahead with it , but Honor is Way Cheaper. Honor Just Plain Beats Rare Weapons Unless you got all the Exact Mods or better than I Just Explained.

[4] Gear Options
Gear Always Depends on Either If your Wealthy or If your Dirt Broke. I'll try and put both to as much detail as I Can and I'll go Bit By Bit With Each Different Zealot Class.

.::*Cookie Cutter Gear*::..

**Helms**
3OS helm, your choosing, equal to or less than the strength requirement of your weapon + 10. You're using Honor, which adds 10 str on top of your twitch, sander's boots' str bonuses. The numbers are: 92 str or less for Knout users, 113 Str or less for Divine users. For those able to get ahold of 20+ max damage jewels, I suggest a 2 socket Visionary of XXX, where XXX is any of the following: 10% fhr, 10-20 life, +strength, +dex, +whatever you want. Obviously Rares with a combination of such are valued even more. The "best" rare would have(and it would be a circlet) : +1 Paladin Skills, Visionary, 2 sockets(prefixes), 10% FHR, +life, and either +strength or +max damage built-in. Alternately, Artisan's of XXX helms work just fine.

**Armor**
Twitchthroe -This is Probubly the Best LLD Armor out there Increased Attack Speed, Faster Hit Recovery, Dexterity, Strength, and Even Increased Chance of Blocking. Definetly Use this Its the Only way you'll hit 5 Frames with Death Combo Unless you're using a Weapon Other than a Honor.

3 Open Socketed Armor of Squid/Stability- This is also a Choice. If your already Hitting 5 Frames with your weapon or even 4 Frames you can Use this. It gives you more Life and Damage than with a Twitch, but you'll lose a bit Faster Hit Recovery.

**Gloves**
Death Gloves-Along with Death Sash this gives a 30 Ias Bonus which you might need to hit that 5th Frame Plus Huge Poison Resists.

Bloodfists-If you dont need any Extra Increased Attack Speed then go with these gloves these gloves are very helpful and give a nice Faster Hit Recovery , Life , and Small Min Dmg Bonus

**Boots**
Sanders RipRap-These Boots are probubly the best Melee Boots out there Has a nice Attack Rating Bonus which will help any LLD Melee Class

**Belt**
String of Ears-Has a nice Damage Reduced and a Nice Magic Damage Reduced. Even if its a small 13 MDR String it still helps against caster classes.

Death Sash-You Might need the Cannot be frozen mod against some classes but along with Death Gloves it also gives a nice 15+ All Resists

**Shield**
Shield - 4OS pally shield with 60+ed/110+AR is the way to go. There isn't really a need for an Artisan's of Deflecting with 41+/80+, as they're far too rare to be of practical use, and with an Honor Knout as weapon, you're already pretty damn close to max block as it is, if you have anything more than +1 HS on switch, you'll be there. Another shield you want in your Stash is a 4-Socket 35+ resist all shield, ideally of the same type as your main shield(or with better blocking) socketed with 2x P Sapphires, 2x P Topaz. I say this over P diamonds because if you are dealing with casters in the lld world, you do not need a massive +fire resist stack, or poison resist. Fire resist can be taken care of via another Twitch socketed with a Ral or Hotspurs. Poison resist is already taken care of with the Death's combo. 115+ cold and lightning resist should be enough to deal with any caster up to around level 38-39.

**Weapon**
Honor. Rares can work really well if 140+ed with AR and at LEAST 2 sockets. Base speed 0 weapons will also need an "of Alacrity" mod to reach a 5fpa Zeal with Twitch and Death's. +1 Paladin Skills, +minimum damage, +maximum damage, +strength, -requirements ae ALL highly desireable mods. Socket with either an ed%/15max jewel, or 20+ max jewel, whichever will add more AVERAGE damage. Remember, the 250 AR, +1 skills, 10 strength and 25% deadly strike on Honor give it very very major advantages over rares and as such, the rares have to be so much more above and beyond Honor's stats to overcome it in average damage over time that Honor is the cheaper, easier way to go until you come to posess one of those rares. As for what to make the Honor out of, Knout is a very good choice. Not too bad on the requirements, great damage, range 3. The dexterity requirement on it is usually enough to put your block near or at 75% after an application of Holy Shield. You *might* have to add another 3-4 points in Dex, depending on your shield. Divine Scepter is another great option, trading in the Dex requirement for 21 more required Strength, plus the ability to get Automods. +3 Zeal, +3 Concentration, +3 Charge/Holy Shield on a Divine Scepter would make it incredible.

Rare Classic Weapon-If you find a Nice Rare weapon with the Mods I Posted. And It can still hit 5 Frames then go ahead and use it.

**Rings/Ammy**
Angelic Set-This is Also Standard for LLD Zealots the AR Bonus Along with the Dexterity Bonus and Life Make this the top Choice

Rare Strength/Dexterity/Attack Rating Ring-If you can find the Perfect Str/Dex/AR Rings then why not use them on your Zealot You Get More Life with these since you save even more points from your Strength and Dexterity.

**Jewels**
Ahh the Essence of a LLD Zealot this is what Seperates Average Zealots from the Best. Now The Basic Average Zealot Uses 15 Max Damage Jewels While the Over the Top Zealots Use 24 Max Dmg Jewels. The Choice is Really Up to you Anything 20-24 I'd Stick together instead of putting it with a plain 15 Max Damage Jewel.

**Charms**
1. 9x Sharp GCs of XXX(life, fhr). High damage, nice AR, useful second mods. Fill rest of slots with 13-15 life SCs. Pro: Nice damage, great AR. Con: low life.
2. 37x 13-15 life SCs, ideally with second mods. Pro: Great life. Con: Damage/AR may seem a bit lacking.
3. 37x Fine SC of Life/Sustenance. PRO: Max/ar/life rolled into one sweet little package. Not much else you really need. Con: Rare as hell, expensive to trade for.

[5] Update List
Version 1.0 Will Update with Any Changes or any new Build Ideas.
Update:Changed a Few items around Thanks for Gheed's Suggestions.
Update:Took Out Some Stuff
Update:Discussed Honor Weapons Vs Rare Added Build
Final Version:Took Out Defiance Zealot Build , Shocker Build , 4 Frame Build. Changed the Entire Layout Added Table for Fast Finding Fixed up any Spelling Errors added punctuation Etc Etc

Updated with Cancers Information

[6] Credits/Disclaimer
I'd Like to Thank Various People For Some Helpful Information.
Cancerofdabowel - Changed alot of this guide up so thumbs up to you
Gheed -
VoicesLLD - Cleared up something I Misunderstood ,and put my ass in place plenty of times.
And Zharous Knarl For this Awesome LLD Site.

*Disclaimer*
Please Do Not Claim this Guide to be your own. Do Not Also Link this Guide unless I Am Given Some Consent. I Have Taken Plenty of Time to Make this Guide Alright and I Dont want to see someone claiming its their's

Last edited by diet_sushi on Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:37 pm; edited 32 times in total
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
Defiance Zealot
1k Dmg
3k+ AR
15+k Defence
500 Life

15k defense is unreasonable. 10k with a holy shield scepter on switch is a lot more reasonable. As well, 4k ar is easily attainable with a paladin shield.

Quote:
Shield:4os 45 Max Ed/AR Paladin Shield

I'm guessing this was jsut overlooked...should have been 60?

Quote:
Armor:Holy Ornate Plate 2os (Better if it has Fhr or Life as 2nd Mod)

An ideal second mod would be "of simplicity". That will give you more life than a suffix would.

Quote:
Shield:Holy Grim Shield of Deflecting 2OS
Eth Rare 80-100ed 2os 30/20 Grim Shield Repair

A 60 max akaran targe (ed/ar) would be preferable. Your attack rating will be suffering quite a bit without it. I've tried both ways, and I prefer the ed/max/ar shield over the def shield. In addition to this, a rare akaran targe with half freeze duration and high ar and deflecting mods would work nicely as well.

Quote:
Weapon:Custom Weapon Shael'd Max Knout Divine Something Along Those Lines

Ethereal honor knout. If you can hit 1k max with a custom jeweled weapon, you have mighty fine charms that could be given to me.

Quote:
Gloves/Belt:Death Sash/Gloves

Sanders Gloves + Boots gives a nice set bonus of +50 def, and string of ears really ups your defense by a lot. The half freeze mod along with decent cold resist will solve your no cbf problem, and with high defense, other chars will not be able to hit often enough to keep you blue.

Quote:
Gear
Helm:3os Helm with Life/Fhr 3xMax'd Jwls Inside
Armor:3os Light/Mage Plate 41-60 Life with 1xShael + 2xMax'd Jwls Inside
Gloves:Bloodfist
Belt:String of Ears
Shield:Artisans Paladin Shield of Deflecting 3xMax'd Jwls inside
Weapon:70Ias Cutlass (30ias Cutlass with 2os with 2 Shaels Inside) with 1+ Paladin Skills
Boots:Goblin Toe (Prefer the Cb Since your hitting 4 Frame over the
Ar/Str/Dex)
Rings/Ammy:Angelic Rings
Charms:40x3/x/13-15 Charms Anything Else is Crap

You may also want to mention the possibility of a 6 shael crowbill. using that allows you to go with a custom jeweled armor, which in turn means more damage than with a cutlass.

diet_sushi

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject:  

krajee wrote:

15k defense is unreasonable. 10k with a holy shield scepter on switch is a lot more reasonable. As well, 4k ar is easily attainable with a paladin shield.

A 60 max akaran targe (ed/ar) would be preferable. Your attack rating will be suffering quite a bit without it. I've tried both ways, and I prefer the ed/max/ar shield over the def shield. In addition to this, a rare akaran targe with half freeze duration and high ar and deflecting mods would work nicely as well.

Ethereal honor knout. mighty If you can hit 1k max with a custom jeweled weapon, you have fine charms that could be given to me.

1)Its Possible to hit 15k Defence the stats were what your aiming for exactly getting anything over 17k is a bit impossible if you prebuff HS you can reach it with the right gear but it is a bit unattainable now that i think about it ill change it down a bit to around 11k-12k defense if you have Holy Everything you hit exactly 10k with prebuff HS you hit 11k At least im sure

2)Yes i meant to put 60 wasnt thinking had to write down much

3)with a ed/ar akaran shield for a defiance build you will lose a tremendous amount of defense around the thousands with holy shield i rather have Def over dmg on a defiance build but ill test it out a bit

4) Honor Weapons wont exactly work with the defiance build you will hit 6 frame zeal and its a bit preferable if you hit 5 or 4 frame zeal exactly

Eh Ill give it a update

Edited a bit

krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject:  

l337h4x0rz wrote:
1)Its Possible to hit 15k Defence the stats were what your aiming for exactly getting anything over 17k is a bit impossible if you prebuff HS you can reach it with the right gear

Why didnt you just put 5k+ar, 800+life, and 1.5k+ damage for the stats part then?

diet_sushi

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject:  

krajee wrote:
l337h4x0rz wrote:
1)Its Possible to hit 15k Defence the stats were what your aiming for exactly getting anything over 17k is a bit impossible if you prebuff HS you can reach it with the right gear

Why didnt you just put 5k+ar, 800+life, and 1.5k+ damage for the stats part then?

Changed it around now that i think about it my standards are a bit high your correct i should change around the stat parts a bit if you see anything else that is troubling you or needs a fix tell me

EDIT: IF Anything Else Needs a bit of a change or fix up post here and ill try and fix it

Inexorable

BNet Acct/Realm: TheSupplier, Cancerofdabowel
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject:  

-30 speed weapons only need ~75% IAS for a 4frame zeal Smile

Knarl wrote:
Inexorable beat LittleKnarl, 4-3. Grumble grumble. My poor smiter.

Knarl wrote:
4-3 for inexorable again in melee. 10 life...pssh.

If you cannot take the heat....
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject:  

ill be adding this to the sticky when it is all finished up with edits. and when you use periods. Confused

diet_sushi

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject:  

Alright My bad I'll Use Periods If you want Sad

Also When I used the weapon speed calculator it said 72% Ias to hit 4 Frame I Rechecked it and it basically said the same thing again

wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: lvl 29 zealot build  

I take it lvl 30 zealot is not LLD anymore because of addition of Fana?? I guess I just made another pubbie dueler...damnit! Embarassed

Learning is soooooooooooo much fun Exclamation Laughing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: lvl 29 zealot build  

wfg-dude wrote:
I take it lvl 30 zealot is not LLD anymore because of addition of Fana?? I guess I just made another pubbie dueler...damnit! Embarassed

Learning is soooooooooooo much fun Exclamation Laughing

http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewforum.php?f=3
http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1034

you perplex me. do you just choose to completely miss forums, and then post about it?

fuh

BNet Acct/Realm: Not Active
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject:  

l337h4x0rz says
2) Blocking is useless vs Zealot so...

Can someone pls explain this? Confused

Vietthehand

BNet Acct/Realm: USwest *vietthelld *vietthefoot
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject:  

hes lying
diet_sushi

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject:  

I Thought Zeal Was interruptable so it cannot be blocked persay i apologize if i was incorrect Ill Change it

If Anything Else is wrong or incorrect please tell me so i can change it or remove it

fuh

BNet Acct/Realm: Not Active
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject:  

everyone can make mistakes Vietthehand
I was just confused
I'm pretty sure that zeal can be blocked unless %20 uninterruptlbe from the conc trigers
VERY nice guide dude well done!!

VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject:  

uninterruptable means you wont be put into FHR animation, not unblockable.

Page 1 of 4 [58 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: