LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 8:38 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Freak On a leash COME BACK!!
Page 2 of 4 [47 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
zei_incarnate

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject:  

Sorry to bring back this very old post, but it was brought to my attention a few minutes ago by a member of this forum so I thougt I would reply.

FreakOn_aLeash is my lvl 9 assassin. It was named Wicked_Weasel before the last remake. And yes I still have it, although I have neglected working on it for a long while now (ever since 1.10 came out).

Darkclaw, were you Unseen_Ugmug? Because I outfitted my sin with a new armor just for you, and then I never got to duel you with it. Crying or Very sad

I'm sure I would get my ass handed to me by all the new lvl 9s around now, but I could hold my own back in the 09 days. If anyone would like to duel, I'm sure i could dust off the old blade talons for old time's sake. Twisted Evil

P.S. Can't believe anyone actually remembers me lol.
Rampage

BNet Acct/Realm: US East
12.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:53 am    Post subject:  

Interesting read!

I too had a person who inspired me to build a very good VLLD because he slaughtered me so often in VLLD games. He was on US East though back in .09 and went by EQunderestimate LvL 9 Assassin. I built Lil_KiraSin LVL 9 JavaZon specifically to compete with him but he always seemed to be a step ahead. Still the satisfaction of having him say WTF? the first time I beat him was glorious.

Props to guys like Zei and EQ they were the pioneers and inpire use all!
zei_incarnate

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject:  

Rampage wrote:

Props to guys like Zei and EQ they were the pioneers and inpire use all!

LOL I was no pioneer. I based my first assassin off Warchicken's lvl 9 PK guide. In that sense, my lvl 9 is still closer to a PK build than a true lvl 9 vs lvl 9 build. All I did really was slap a bunch of good jewels on his build.

I used to go out pking arcane runs and every one in a while I would run into another lvl 9 pk. So we would duel, I would get my ass handed to me, and I would ask to see his gear. I kept improving my gear and remaking my assassin until I thougt I was pretty bad ass. When I met lvl 9s that had previously whooped me, I could now beat them.

Then I met Morgan (Prickly Princess) and this guy just kicked my ass. But he was really cool. He showed me how he used soj + pskull to reroll the stats on rare jewels. So I started doing that. That's the area I didn't see many other lvl 9s doing, so we started having a big advantage over other ppl in terms of our jewels. I remember the 5th jewel I rolled was 18%ed, 13 max, 20 poison. I thought I would be getting them like that all the time, but I was actaully just very lucky.

Some people that still beat my lvl 9 were vudoo35's. I remember looking at that guy's assassin and thinking "I do more dmg, have more life, how the hell is this guy beating me?" But getting beat always drove me into a frenzy of trying to improve my lvl 9. Eventually I could beat his assassin too.

Last guy I met that gave me trouble was Unseen_Ugmug. He built his assassin somewhat in the fashion of Vudoo's. He had high def and ar. Duels with him were kind of random. Since I had more dmg and life, if i was lucky and got some hits in i would win easily. Othertimes I was swinging at nothing but air for the whole duel. Well I thought I beat him about 50/50, but if that was Darkclaw's assassin he remembers the result a bit differently. Laughing Well, he's probably right. But he wasn't on the scene for very long, and once 1.1 came out neither was I.

I'd love to see how things have changed since then, so bring on those lvl 9s!
B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject:  

i remember hearing that you're on west nl. if not, i'm on east nl waiting and ready.
zei_incarnate

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject:  

Yeah I forgot to mention I am USWest NL.
B[x]

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject:  

ah well.
i'm thinking of making all my lvl 9s on SP so that if any westies want to duel someone from east, they can make their characters on SP as well.
zei_incarnate

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject:  

I can do that if you want. As long as we all refrain from enhancing *cough* our characters in the process lol.
GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject:  

that sounds like fun... but all my chars are shit. so nvm. i can be there for bx to say that his gear is true.
B[x]

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject:  

heh, i'm proud of my characters the way they are, i have no reason to change them.
the only thing i will change, if it's ok with you, is the stats on my asn. i got some new gear with lower reqs and have not yet rushed a new asn for that gear.
zei_incarnate

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject:  

In .09 I know there was a program you could use to export your bnet characters to single player. Does this still exist? Or do you use character editor to remake your guy (Sounds tedious)?
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject:  

i wouldnt mind putting my level 9 on SP so i could duel some easties as well. Twisted Evil

B[x]

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject:  

zei_incarnate wrote:
In .09 I know there was a program you could use to export your bnet characters to single player. Does this still exist? Or do you use character editor to remake your guy (Sounds tedious)?

i don't know if there still is one but i've made so many SP chars that they go pretty quickly now.
VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject:  

how b[x]?

B[x]

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject:  

what do you mean? how do i make them quickly? i've made so many that it's just faster, i know where everything is.
VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject:  

no no, i mean how do you make them on SP? what program do you use? where do you get it from? etc.

Page 2 of 4 [47 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: